Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:44 am

Post by Quailman »

So it's the cops who save victims from certain death? What about docs?

Quasi-random
vote: Mojo
; chosen prior to reading the thread. After reading it, I'll stick with it.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:13 am

Post by Quailman »

You know, after reading his second post (which was after I voted for him), I was about to switch to shadyforce. Now I'm not so sure. I opened the thread and selected a quasi-random candidate before reading any of it - Mojo. I liked the ring of "vote Mojo". His statement helped relieve that slight twinge of guilt I feel when ever I place a random vote. His follow-up and confirmation, however, made me think he's on to something.

What the hell.
unvote: Mojo; vote: shadyforce
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:54 pm

Post by Quailman »

I'd call it CYA.
FOS: bloojay
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:58 am

Post by Quailman »

Well, if Mojo is unvoting him, then I guess I will as well.

unvote: Shadyforce; vote: Bloojay
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:50 am

Post by Quailman »

You know, there is enough wackiness in this game that someone could be placed under duress to try to get a particular person lynched. That was something I was considering before Mojo unvoted. Another possibility, which was pointed out by Shadyforce, if I'm not mistaken, is that Mojo could be making a statement based on information garnered before determining his own sanity/competence. Or he just said something he now very deeply regrets having said. Hmmm.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:16 pm

Post by Quailman »

If that claim were true, it would be like signing PBuG's death warrant to announce that he's pro-town in stead of just townie. If it turns out to be true, the next time you get that role, lie, and say duck=bad, chicken=good, and don't differentiate between ordinary townie and pro-town.

I don't believe you, though.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:30 am

Post by Quailman »

Stupid or shrewd? I wonder if Bloojay isn't a Mafia spy who just managed to communicate to the bad guys without having to wait until they meet up.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:13 am

Post by Quailman »

WTF? Three more deaths, plus one that was prevented by a doctor!!! The odds are not good at all. And I am still clueless. :(
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:46 am

Post by Quailman »

I am troubled by Leonidas' quick role claim. Also by the fact that he
buys
things at night rather than selling them, (gunsmith, grocer, laundry, inventor, etc.). I am trying to remember a game in which someone bought stuff, other than stealing it. Of course, the thief got info from what he stole, and could help the town, but who likes a thief?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:35 am

Post by Quailman »

Well stated, MeMe.

vote: Dourgrim
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:05 am

Post by Quailman »

Dourgrim wrote:Why on Earth did MeMe and Quailman jump up to vote me without waiting for my response?
I added my vote in order to elicit a response. Now that I've heard it, I'm unimpressed, to say the least. I earned an OMGUSFOS. Woo. Even people who aren't in this game are trying to vote for you. :)
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:23 am

Post by Quailman »

So how long do we wait for Indentureddjinn?

Leonidas: You're asking for advice about what to buy? You mean you don't have a list of items to chose from? Hmmm... Nope. Nothing comes to mind. Can you buy these things and then give them to specific parties, or deploy them somehow the same night? If you bought a bulletproof vest, it would seem to only help you, unless you gave it away. I'm just a little confused here.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:31 am

Post by Quailman »

MeMe wrote:Confirmed...I tried to steer the bandwagon away earlier with my "implore all good people to unvote" -- but I guess that was too subtle.
It went right over my head.
unvote: Indentureddjinn
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:46 am

Post by Quailman »

First of all, I got stretched a little thin by signing up for more mafia games than I perhaps should have. I forgot I had signed up for two that took forever to start, others have dragged on, and I've been lucky not to die in any until last night. As a result, I've been limiting how much I post in any.

After I voted for Dourgrim, I saw no reason to change my vote, and anything I had to say had already been said by someone (and usually disputed by someone else), so there was no need to post again yesterday.

You guys seem more convinced that Dourgrim was the Zombie than I am. The coroner's report cleared him. He may have been a killer, though.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:01 am

Post by Quailman »

Well yeah, if you read that far. :oops: I already had the following planted in my mind:
Macros wrote:
Coroners report clears dourgrim!

A full autopsy has revealed dourgrim was alive when lynched
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:18 am

Post by Quailman »

Poor Leonidas. The way you've been badgered about your role, it's too bad you can't post the original Mod e-mail. It seems too off-the-wall for you to have made up. I believe that you have the role that you say you have, and that understanding the intricacies of it probably won't help us much. I am leaning heavily toward believing that your role is pro-town, but that could be a dodge.

I also believe that Meme is pro-town. And I think we need to pursue other avenues than grilling Leonidas if we are to defeat the evil scum that plague our good town. Voting Quagmire would at least get something started in a direction other than Leo, but I don't want to be accused of changing the subject, or starting a random bandwagon. I say bandwagon because Meme has already voted for him, and that's just one vote. If I also vote for him, it starts something for which I have no real basis. Too bad no one else has anything to offer.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:50 am

Post by Quailman »

You make a very good point. I was in that game. I was just getting frustrated at the way we seem focussed on Leonidas while (other?) bad guys are roaming about freely. The same thing happend in Famous Women Mafia (DP6).
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:18 pm

Post by Quailman »

I was reticent to place a vote after I was mentioned in the same breath as Quagmire in three consecutive posts. If I vote for him, then I could be further associated with him in the minds of some lurkers. After stating that maybe we should lay off Leonidas, I was reminded of his previous shenanigans. I hate to get fooled again, especially by a role as wacky as the one he's claiming. I hate lurkers even more, so
vote: Quagmire
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:24 pm

Post by Quailman »

EnPaceRequiescat: Did you mean to say
vote: Leonidas
? Because I do. Leo seems to be doing the famous women scam all over again.

Oh, And
unvote: Quagmire
, just to make it official.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:01 am

Post by Quailman »

I'll bold mine.

vote: Quagmire
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:22 am

Post by Quailman »

Hmmm... Two deaths; Three remaining alive. Perhaps a vigilante, or maybe Kerplunk was the last goon. I'm guessing MeMe is the vig, or at least not evil. I have rarely been in an endgame like this. If I vote first and guess wrong, the bad guy adds his vote and it's over. Though maybe there are two bad guys and it's over anyway.

Come to think of it, my last 3 player ending was Vampire Mafia, where I was the GF. The Vampire leader and I ended the game in a draw, killing the last townie. Eep!

Waiting to hear from MeMe and Cadmium.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:21 am

Post by Quailman »

I might as well tell you my role now, whether you'll believe me or not. I am a doc. I protected you, MeMe last night and three nights ago. In between I protected Shadyforce, and apparently cured him of his alcoholism. I was told that in a morning e-mail. I did not get one this morning. After protecting you on night 3, I was told that both Mojo and I had chosen to visit you. While our services were not needed, Mojo tried to diagnose and treat you anyway. He was a quack. I did treat you on night two, the attack weapon being a lead slug. I saved your life. Night one I protected Kerplunk uneventfully.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:23 am

Post by Quailman »

Oh, and as for the comment about possibly being out of Mafia, I didn't do a body count. I was just thinking about who you and Cadmium might be.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:36 am

Post by Quailman »

I guess you don't have anything but my word. Even if it was Mojo in stead of me, we're both docs. In this morning's paper, Shadyforce was referred to as a 'reformed drunk'.

BTW, Leonidas mentioned having seen someone with Mojo that night. That would have been me. I spotted Leonidas going somewhere dressed in his best suit. I had no idea if he was good or bad, so I didn't mention it.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:16 am

Post by Quailman »

doctor
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:31 am

Post by Quailman »

I saw that coming. And you claim some benign role that has you immune from night killings, huh?

FWIW, Mojo may have caused deaths himself. When we were both at MeMe's, He recommended performing a triple bypass and some other unnecessary procedure, but I talked him out of it. So perhaps I saved MeMe that evening as well.

Let's get this over with.

vote: Cadmium
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:37 am

Post by Quailman »

BTW, I wasn't entirely sure that MeMe wasn't the remaining killer. That in part is why I was waiting to hear from you. Your rush to accuse me and get the voting started clinched it.

As for information about me having already been published, I cannot do anything about that. Your deeds have been well publicized also. We've read about your killings each morning in the paper.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:47 am

Post by Quailman »

You're going to extreme lengths to attack every word I've said, and all you have to offer in your own defense is
Cadmium wrote:I have a passive role. I'm a hitchhiker. On even nights, I am immune to night kills due to being on the road.
Your desperation is showing.

You know, you never even considered, as I did, the fact that there are two remaining participants other than yourself, and either one of them might be the killing party. You simply targeted me in the hope that you could convince MeMe to side with you. In spite of what's transpired before today, any mistake would be fatal for the two remaining townspeople. That's why MeMe and I didn't vote before hearing what you had to say. Though your post at the top of this page concludes with a vote for me, it was probably the first thing you typed. Then you went back and added your justification.

The only communication I had with Mojo was what was told to me in the morning e-mail. We had both been at MeMe's, and he apparently wanted to operate. That's why I figured him to be a quack. He may have been more than that. Had I not been there, he might have operated and MeMe might have died on the operating table. Admittedly this is unlikely.

I'm just going to wait for MeMe now.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:51 am

Post by Quailman »

You did not lose. He's making the up. We won. Unless
you're
the killer.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:12 am

Post by Quailman »

Probably best not to. But I'll bet Cadmium has brown eyes. :)
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:31 am

Post by Quailman »

As in "He's so full of shjit, his eyes are brown."

If I was a killer, would I be telling you that
we
won? If you were a killer, would you think you had just won?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:13 am

Post by Quailman »

SK Mason? Bah! Well, at least I didn't have a winning choice on the last day. :( Had I known that, I'd have tried to look scummy so that Cadmium and MeMe would have been left to battle each other at the end.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:16 am

Post by Quailman »

How did I get information about what I saw each night?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”