Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2030 (isolation #200) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Really?

I kept bad track.

Spyrex, I'm gonna take 24 of your hours, I don't want to risk not being at the thread in time for deadline and whatnot.

Vote: Pads
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2039 (isolation #201) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

randomized Zakeri night actions >_>

I'd like to say the scum masons role is OP. You're scum, but the masoning is fun so you don't look like you're not having fun, which is like, a big scumtell.

Shout out to best mason buddy evar, Elvis_knits!!!! <3333

Set-up comments: I think breadcrumbing mechanics should only show up in themes. It's just not mafia. I would be fine with a traitor that was only found by the scum actually scumhunting, but it will never happen. So I didn't really like the role.

During the game I felt like it was a scum heavy set up, mossly because we abused the traitor vigil by letting him stay unrecruited for a night, but looking back it was balanced, if not town heavy.

I agree the cop role should be phased out. Why do it "slowly"? Quick, like a band-aid. RIP! RIP! It doesn't interact with scumhunting as much as it replaces it. Other roles add more to the game. You powered it down properly but I'm saying I like not seeing it in a game because I don't like the interactions it creates. Creates more, "ok, so RC is town, now I don't have to really read him" than "do I believe Charter is vigil based on his play? Do I want him alive anyway, since I disagree with most of his reads?". See, other roles just create more interaction.

I think it's silly for Charter to die because he didn't know what kind of claim would be safe. He figured vigil was a safe claim, it wasn't, i'm sure if he knew there was a protown vigil he would have tried something else. I like Tar fakeclaims, but I don't know if there's actually an answer for normals. Maybe it's just a casualty you have to take to play a game that's not vanilla nightless.

There's no problem with charter being both traitor and backup roleblocker. I have no problem with normal role synthesis, and I see no reason there should be a limit of 1-2 roles that simply are two normals rolled in one. (I think Charter counts to the 1-2 role limit though because you changed the traitor mechanics significantly, the whole losing a kill if recruited)

On the game, Crypto was obv town by the end of day 1. I think Charter's strategy was to pretend to select obv towns and pretend to be convinced they are scum so he can shoot townies and still claim vig.

I totally would've lynched CSL if I was town. He wouldn't cooperate in a coherent, readable way. If Spyrex actually read him, he's some sort of god.

Sometimes in-game circumstances interact with out-of-game circumstances and you get waffles. I didn't have time to post but kind of at the same time knew elvis was circling down the toilet. Elvis was dead before I was even prodded, the process really should have been extended. There's a reason you get everyone's feedback on a lynch before you do it, everyone had a puzzle piece missing from me on Day 2, and a delayed Elvis shot would have helped.

Spyrex is one of my favorite players now. He made me laugh a lot this game. He has a great posting style.

If I play a game with Xyl and he posts one liners and it actually matters whether I can read him or not, I will probably be cranky.

I love online mafia. I got to laugh when Pads said "Hiphop and Pops? Unlikely".

Vi is always VT. I can't remember her play this game though because it was so early. Such a long game.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2041 (isolation #202) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

I liked spyrex for the jokes he made, not that he helped me win.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2047 (isolation #203) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

I like to win.

My record might be back up to 50/50 now. Too bad i quit keeping track.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (isolation #204) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think I still would have condemned calling other players n00bs, with zeros if I recall correctly, regardless of alignment. It's disrespectful.

Of course, I could be wrong about my own behavior, I may have been more inclined to do it because I was scum.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2052 (isolation #205) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Armchair coaches, hindsight generals, dead scumhunters.... legends among men, all of them.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2054 (isolation #206) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I wanted Spyrex alive because Spyrex was very unlikely to vote town, and he was less obv town than fhq. imaginality's interaction with EP made town fhq strongly likely, and fhq posted so little that it was unlikely to get screwed up. (which interests me, it seems like replacing in those shoes the correct play, even as town, is to half lurk). When fhq did post it wasn't crazy pro-town but it was fine.

I had little impression of where fhq's vote would go on the final day, I was pretty sure Spyrex's vote would hit Pads, Shotty, or maybe hiphop. Even if it hit hiphop, I would just join in, and Spyrex's impression of me as town would be so solidly cemented that I'd win the three man lylo.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2055 (isolation #207) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP, first sentence, "very likely to vote a townie"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2057 (isolation #208) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2064 (isolation #209) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

FTR, I think the town would have been better off if they had left RF alive. They should have listened to me :(.

You definitely shouldn't blacklist RayFrost. The truth is, at some critical point of probability of being lynched, (like 98% ish), it's playing to his wincon to offer up a deal like he did. He can aim for the chance of a crazy role interaction causing the town to miscalculate how much they can milk him for (The town roleblocker AND cop visited the PGO? How did that happen? etc).

He claimed in-game that he wasn't really playing to his win-con, but anything said in-game can be a lie and as a mod I think you should assume Rayfrost is playing to his wincon unless in private conversation he says "No, I'm not really playing to my wincon."

I disagree with Vi, I like zoraster's lurking policy. It would have replaced out Bridges & Baloons in the one normal I played where he won as scum by just posting, "I might post later, but i have some real life problems right now", thus breaking the spirit of the lurking rule. The spirit of the lurking rule isn't "police everyone's play and make them have a certain playstyle", it's "remove the ambiguity between a choice not to post in the thread and people who are too busy to post". I don't want people cracking the spirit of the rule in half by posting snippets about funerals and weddings, if they don't have enough time to post game content they need to be replaced.

Fun quotes from the dead thread!

"Me and my mason used it a ton... we chatted all the time and I think we fell in love... lol"

I'm in love with you two Elvis!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

"There's really no way town isn't going to win this. Being scum sucks. Time to read this."

:P You forgot to count my slot as 4 scums for I am the Jinjonator. :P

"Hiphop is saying that pops voting him was a mistake because he (hiphop) might have been lynched, and that he(pops) should vote someone else the next day. I don't understand hiphop's need for self-preservation here at all."

At the time I bussed, I thought hiphop looked really bad. But no one else was reacting the same way, much to my surprise. Hiphop was really scummy, but he wasn't being perceived as very scummy, and for that reason I understand him thinking my bus was a mistake since he actually wasn't the far behind me in town's perceptions.

"hiphop is toying with his prey. I'll bet he's loving every second of it. Him and pops are sitting there giggling like schoolgirls as they make the town dance to their tunes."

Oh it's true. The last day I put a plaid skirt on just to giggle in.

Hiphop, why the milk truck would you lie to me in the scum quicktopic?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2067 (isolation #210) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is that a "sorry but i'd do it again"?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (isolation #211) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

okie
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2076 (isolation #212) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

hiphop wrote:I didn't think we would when we started, but we had the right people in the scum group. Just think about if pads was in and pops was out. I don't think we would have made it very far.

I'd probably avoid statements like that.

In general.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2079 (isolation #213) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

B&B said after the game that he posted something about "woe is my poor meatworld life" everytime he got prodded. If he was prodded more frequently he'd have just done it more frequently.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2081 (isolation #214) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

^^^^ itt vi recommends uber subjective methods of lurker policy.

Hey, let's cut to the chase and have the mod kick out killa 7 at game start.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”