NY136: The Death of ReaperCharlie (GAME OVER, Town win!)

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:55 am

Post by killerjester »

Hi! I read to about page 4 last night, and just woke up so I'll need a little more time to catch up.

A little bit about myself,

1. I haven't played
too
much Mafia. There was a custom map in SC2 which I played on and off for a month, and while here I've played a few marathon games and am currently in a newbie game and a large theme mafia game.
2. I live in [GMT -5:00] for you all to get an idea when to expect my posts
3. You can certainly call me KJ or any other nickname you see fit =)

So, as I catchup, are there any nicknames that have already been established?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:30 am

Post by killerjester »

I've read up through the D1 lynch, and I have to go now but from where I stand right now I can tell you that D1 Meransiel did give me a town feel, Mastin wasn't around for much of D1, and oddly enough I didn't get a town feel from you. I'll finish reading the last 15 pages and let you know if my opinion changes on you (I'll be sure to note where they do in this case). If anyone else is interested in a particular part, please ask, otherwise I'll just promise a quick overview once I'm fully caught up.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by killerjester »

Finally reached the end! Better make this quick, I have work in the morning. So this is CliffNotes of KJ's mind. Please ask questions, fasten your seatbelts, keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times, and I'll see what I can do :)

First and foremost, I was picking up on small scumtells from Parama on D1. Little things, such as tone, and voting habits. I saw lots of small attacks, and the general feel he didn't care for the game. Time and time again, he'd promise to catch-up, or re-read or whatever and then vanish off my radar while the rest of the discussion carried away from him. I really liked how MBL and PJ picked up on these things (or at least some notion) and voted him D1. As much as I hate buddying, I can't help but take mental notes every time I see a post and realize, "Yep, that is
exactly
how I interpreted that move." Since D1, Parama has only further convinced me on that scumread.

Basically, my vote is leaning heavily towards Bowser and at the moment I wouldn't be against a Bowser lynch today. That said, he did just replace. There's plenty I want to hear from him, and there's no reason to throw my vote on him to L-1 before he speaks for himself. Rest of the town, after Bowser recaps you can sure as hell expect me to place my vote.

Finally, before I catch some sleep I did promise to expand on my #925 if my opinion changed. And it did. I read up on the Mastin conftown, and there's no two ways about that. Also, I felt Iecerint was playing null/leaning scummy D1, but after 3 kills N1 and no CC to his Vig claim, he's undoubtedly town in my mind. So that's about it for now. 2am in the good ol' EST, I should be heading out.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:37 am

Post by killerjester »

Iecerint wrote:Could just be confirmation bias, but there do seem to be some disproportionate conditional clauses (cf. "As much as I hate buddying") that make me nervous.

It looks like Sapo also replaced out of another large game, and I guess her 3rd year medical school stuff starts next week.

I'm surprised she didn't at least say something, though.

Replacing out is a null tell, not much I can say or do for sapo's position. I can tell you I'm town, if that helps you feel any better :)

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 am

Post by killerjester »

Oh! Send my regards, in that case.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 am

Post by killerjester »

I just realized Bowser isn't L-2 anymore! Nothing's changed of my opinion. I still think he's the scummiest. And I want to hear elaboration on his part since catching up with the last few pages.

VOTE: Bowser

PJ, could you clarify this post a little?
petroleumjelly wrote:To answer your question, though, I was pretty clear when I voted that I think there are a lot of players who are doing pretty much nothing with their vote, and if they're just going to sit there doing nothing, they might as well vote Yosarian2. Do I
honestly
think Yosarian2 will be lynched today? No, I don't. But seeing as I
know
I will be around before deadline and that I can obviously switch my vote to Bowser at pretty much any time to secure a lynch, I do not feel obligated in the slightest to keep my vote just sitting on Bowser.

You unvoted Bowser, but here you say you still find him scummy and ask idle players to pressure Yos2. What exactly are you going for with this?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:20 am

Post by killerjester »

Does anyone find it odd I can literally feel town-aura radiating from PJ?
mastin2 wrote:
Magna wrote:Meransiel wagon to date that germinated solely based on the role-fishing accusation – Shanba, DH, Kondi, Hydra, Petro

If Meran is Town then at least 1 scum jumped on this easy wagon. Role-fishing is one of the easiest accusations to make that seems like a good scum-tell but rarely is.
/Accurate. Kondi's town, Hydra's likely-town, PJ's also likely-town. Leaves Demon and Shanba.

You're making coherent sense, even on little sleep. And out of your post I think this speaks the most volumes. Out of Demon and Shanba, one of them is very likely to be scum. If Bowser flips town, I'd say to look deeper for Demon. And otherwise, Shanba.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by killerjester »

mastin2 wrote:Funnily enough, it looked that way from the way KJ posted.

As in, KJ's stance on the game seemed like that of a scumbuddy of Parama's.

So yeah, elaborate.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by killerjester »

I don't think Demon is the SK. Yos maybe, CTD is also a likely candidate. Can you explain why you're so confident in your 1-1-1 theory of the neighbors?

And, naturally, I'm confident I'm town.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by killerjester »

Because I'm not scum.. I'd defend myself but you haven't really given me any arguments outside your process of elimination which I find flawed.

I don't believe in your 1-1-1 theory, DH hasn't given me the vibes of an SK and I certainly don't think Amrun would put two mafia in the neighborhood. Can you elaborate on where DH seems like a SK? I can definitely agree with a Shanba lynch. The scum connection is blatantly obvious.

VOTE: Shanba

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by killerjester »

..I thought I was clear on this.

Of course I'd vote Shanba. It was between you and him in my mind for this day. I'm more confident about you being town now that Bowser's flipped scum, as I've said before I think there was only one scum in the neighbors. That leaves Shanba. Does KJ-logic make sense?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by killerjester »

Right then, which part is confusing?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:53 am

Post by killerjester »

MrBuddyLee wrote:You seemed to have had strong scumvibes on DH, but apparently they were specific to him being mafia, not SK? What's the nature of that read of yours? My initial take is that you seem to have had DemonHybrid locked in as your neighborscum as an alternative to Paramascum, but you didn't seem to consider the possibility that both could be scum/SK. So I'd like to hear a little more about your significantly nuanced DH read.

The scum reads I got from DH were simple, subtle hints that he used to consistently remind us that the neighborhood was a 3-town group. He's also heavily attacked Shanba and Yos2, which I saw as either legitimate suspicions or scum-bussing. And lastly, maybe the only hint I've gotten that he might be SK - he really hasn't been hunting the SK this game. I think DH-SK would try to play off the presence of a SK as not important, stressing that the mafia were the bigger threat. I find selective scumhunting to be an anti-town tell with 2 or more killing factions.

However, I got many more town reads from him, especially since Bowser flipped scum. I'll skip the boring parts (the tone of some of his posts sounded extremely genuine to me, and other suck minor things), so here are the big three things. First, yeah I don't think Amrun put in a 1/1/1 setup. The entire thought feels a little bastardy in the sense that putting both killing factions in such an easily-outtable group seems a little imbalanced for the anti-town. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just that I thought it was unlikely - my other evidence is much stronger. Second, the part where DH's suggestions of a 3-town neighborhood
were
so subtle that I really don't believe it follows with the claim DH was acting out of survival. I think a DH-SK would have defended Parama/Bowser much more than he has, because an SK-neighbor really
can't
assume there's going to be a second anti-town in the neighbors to take the fall for him. And kondi was pretty much accepted to be town, so DH-SK would've probably seen himself getting lynched on the chance that Parama/Bowser flipped town. Lastly, though notably less important, I think his QT comments in #1044 are town-driven. Maybe it's WIFOM, and that's why I don't see it as a strong town-tell, but I don't think DH-SK would be THAT concerned about leaving a dying wish to Toast had the Mafia/Vig taken him out during the night as why would anyone listen to an SK fliP?

@Toast, I would like you to confirm on that last part

MBL hit the nail on the head though when he said most of my scumvibes were specific to a DH-scum, not SK. The SK tells I see in CTD/Yos2 are much stronger. I'd see CTD as a stronger SK suspect than Yos2, since Bowser bussed Yos2 (admittedly weak, though). Neither have really been looking for the SK, which follows with the selective scumhunting I've mentioned above. If I had to guess, I'd say CTD is the SK and Yos2 is scum.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:58 am

Post by killerjester »

So I'm anti-town for talking about the SK when MBL asks me about the SK? I think you're trying to twist what I'm saying into scummy play, moreso out of OMGUS than anything else - considering I'm confscum only after I call you out.

But I'll humor you. Who do you think the serial killer is if I flip group scum/town?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 am

Post by killerjester »

No, I was trying to get my SK read (you) to stick to one target so that if you're dodgy about it later, y'know cos the target won't actually flip SK, we'd call you out on it easy.

But you're being dodgy now, soo....you should know that as town-CTD you stand to lose nothing from this little bet of mine. Now are you going to straighten up like a good little soldier?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:14 am

Post by killerjester »

Shanba wrote:Currently working something of a process of elimination - the neighbours, iecerint, mbl, ctd, mastin are the people I've eliminated (some for obvious reasons, others you can ask me for reasons if you really care but tbh it's not important)

I don't agree with you on clearing CTD, so can you clarify that up a little bit? I don't like how you cleared him in your process of elimination and later said..

Shanba wrote:CTD's scumtell about the sk is pretty valid too.

You're looking mighty fine as a scum-lynch today. From your post alone, I'd say a scum flip on you all but clears everyone in your "process of elimination" as at least "not-scum", which would give us some very handy insight on where to look for your partners. The part I find most important out of is that I'd feel more confident in my theory of CTD being the SK (on your list, implying not-scum) and Yos2 being scum (not on your list, implying possible scum). Then, depending on how many scum there are in this game, I'd bet the remainder are in the Hydra/Pine bunch, as they also didn't make your process of elimination list.

Can we all get down and funky with a Shanba lynch? Call me crazy but I think I'm onto something here.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 am

Post by killerjester »

EBWOP: Also was thinking this, but forgot to mention. Scum-Shanba is bussing Pine pretty hard, and I'd look to lynch him before Hydra, if not also before Yos2. And (luckily) we still have a vig to shoot up our masked SK.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by killerjester »

killerjester wrote:No, I was trying to get my SK read (you) to stick to one target so that if you're dodgy about it later, y'know cos the target won't actually flip SK, we'd call you out on it easy.

But you're being dodgy now, soo....you should know that as town-CTD you stand to lose nothing from this little bet of mine. Now are you going to straighten up like a good little soldier?

CTD, you missed a question. Mind answering, or at least telling me why you're choosing to ignore it?

I am hunting the scum, in fact I've got a list of names lined right up. AND my vote is on my top scumspect. So you can throw your whole pro-scum-agenda out the window. I've taken it a step further because I know there's a serial killer around and time to kill while everyone gets their votes on Shanba. Even if he (the SK) NK-immune, all we need is Iecerint's word "I'm targeting so-and-so tonight, because I think I've found the SK," and if they're alive in the morning then we'd know that 1. The SK is NK-immune, and 2. The person the vig shot at is the SK. There's nothing
wrong
about suggesting the vig try to take out the SK. In fact... I'm really finding how much you condemn the idea, and consistently stress that the REAL threat in this town in the mafia comes more from the perspective of an SK trying to cover his own damn hide.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by killerjester »

I need to level with you. You've nearly missed the point of all of my questions. I'm finding most of what you say has a few properties. You only have one target at a time, everything else is..for lack of a better word, simply frills. Yesterday it was DH, today it's me. Sure, you've mentioned Shanba and Yos (correct me if I'm wrong, but they still seem to be in that leaning-scum category of yours), but it feels more like a pseudo-scum-group with room to lean-null category.

Next, once you have your day target you completely disregard any other thoughts. I'm coining this term as the CTD UberTunnel™
CrashTextDummie wrote:You are proposing a hypothetical in which you're scum. Good show.

I don't really care who the SK is at this point.

DIE, SCUM, DIE.

Not only are you flat out stating you don't care about finding the SK, you're ignoring the entire point of my hypothetical to begin with. You don't care what other people have to say, and the only words you'll listen to are those detailing why they aren't voting for you target. Even if you ARE so convinced I'm scum, you aren't helping the town any by tunneling THIS hard. Your mind isn't a two-way street. We can't see into your head, so you generally have to explain your thoughts and reason with us.

I'm fairly convinced you aren't group scum, at least. I'm just waiting on a Shanba flip to clear that up. So if you're town, can you just please explain yourself a little more clearly (ie: when KJ says this part here, I take away these thoughts -insert thoughts-)? And if you're SK, umm... give up? lol.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:47 am

Post by killerjester »

I explained the basis behind my question. I have already stated that I'm town, and who the SK is in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised if I simply worded the question poorly, as players in [REDACTED] have also been pretty unnerved by my hypotheticals, and I think it almost got me lynched there. I just don't think I get anywhere by repeating myself, especially when I'm still not getting solid answers from CTD.

And can you explain a bit better what Shanba abstaining from my wagon implicates? I didn't quite put two and two together myself.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by killerjester »

Yea, PJ's death convinced me the instant poisoner is an anti-town force, and more or less an SK.

Iecerint, can we still expect a post from you?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by killerjester »

David Xanatos wrote:Hydra > That is so full of WIFOM to the point that, ironically, it could impersonate an opera singer.

He went after an inactive slot with reasoning that could only be described as sparse at best, as I stated before, that could easily be simply trying to deflect suspicion onto a softer target by going "look guys, lurkers!".

I don't think he was saying it's necessarily a town-tell, just that his vote wouldn't change unless Shanba did something blatantly scummy such as voting me to put my wagon up higher. No need to pull out the WIFOM on us. That said, I do agree Shanba is harboring his vote a little - it could be deflection. So Shanba, I'd like to see you do something now that Pine has been replaced. Do you find a better place for your vote, or reaffirm that it belongs on David X's slot?

Footnote for David of claims! Toasty and DemonHybrid are both neighbors. Mastin claimed mod-confirmed VT. And he has been mod-confirmed. Iecerint claims Vig, with no kill N2.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:51 am

Post by killerjester »

So use hypotheticals then. For instance, once we get to twilight you can say "If you have a dayshot, Player X would be a good person to take out right now. Or if you have multi-shot, take him out during the night."

Directing the vig kill can help in certain situations, but it can be done without excessive rolefishing. There's no sense in Iecerint revealing more than he has to.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 am

Post by killerjester »

No, it's better for the mafia to know our resources. They already have the informational advantage. If we keep the scum in the dark, then who knows. They might keep him alive another night because there's a chance Iecerint's only a 1-shot.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:01 am

Post by killerjester »

Why would we care if he has 3 shots before he can even make the 2nd? I'm against Iece claiming any further. Your reasoning, "To know our resources," is weak as hell. We know he's town already, and that's good enough for me. I'd much rather leave the mafia with the WIFOM of deciding if he's worth a NK. There is absolutely zero sense in doing their work for them.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:10 am

Post by killerjester »

Give me a reason other than, "To know our resources." Is there
anything at all
pro-town about him full-claiming? If we can achieve the same effect with just knowing he's probably town and directing him with hypotheticals, then I'd prefer that over a full-claim.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:32 am

Post by killerjester »

A protective role should cover him anyway, unless someone claims a PR more useful than the vig. The more kills we have on our side, the better off we are.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:32 am

Post by killerjester »

And if he claims VT then the Mafia won't kill him anyway. It's an entire WIFOM argument and you want to out his role to make everything simpler, is that right?

So I have you written down for rolefishing Iecerint's claim and..

David Xanatos wrote:It would be revealed when he doesn't take the shot though. Better to know our own resources. Out of 18, I'd wager there's either 4 or 5 mafia.. with an SK, I'm inclined to say 4. That means there are still 3 out there..

Also.. I think I know why it's an instant poisoner rather than a shot from the SK... but I'll need to read up on something.

IIoA

Coupled with Shanba bussing your slot, yet you curiously dismiss it stating you don't find his move scummy, I can hop on the idea of a Shanba/DavidX scum group.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 am

Post by killerjester »

You seem wishy washy on Shanba, at best. It would help if you gave us a solid opinion. Which posts of his gave you a town feeling at first? Why? Which posts changed your mind?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (isolation #29) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:43 am

Post by killerjester »

Why would you be worried about him self-hammering?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:27 am

Post by killerjester »

MBL, you're harboring your thoughts a little. Isn't there anything you want to share?

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by killerjester »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Killerjester replaced in and immediately went for the Parama/Bowser playerslot. This, to me, is null. I don't doubt scum would go for the bus here in his shoes, but it could just as well be an accurate read from a pro-town player, as it was a reasonably articulated suspicion.

Glad to know you can dismiss selective parts of what I've said as null when it doesn't support your case.
CrashTextDummie wrote:He started the day off speculating about the SK in response to Mastin's theory:

killerjester wrote:I don't think Demon is the SK. Yos maybe, CTD is also a likely candidate. Can you explain why you're so confident in your 1-1-1 theory of the neighbors?

And, naturally, I'm confident I'm town.

This is a scumtell I find very reliable (the "SK-hardon"). I might as well elaborate on this here (it's pertinent to some of the following arguments):
A pro-town player has no real reason to SK-hunt at this point in the game. SK's are generally a lot harder to catch than group-scum, their tells tend to be a lot more subtle and there are no connections to call them on. Of course, it's possible to nail an SK, but it's usually done with universal scumtells that apply to both SK and mafia (like fabricated reads or opportunistic voting). I see no pro-town reason whatsoever for KJ to concentrate on this aspect of Mastin's scumlist at the expense of anything else that isn't related to him, particularly not on the back of the first scum-lynch in this game.

Anti-town reasons for this kind of speculations:
A) The only scumhunting the scum are doing is against the SK. There is a tangible benefit to them exchanging their thoughts on this with pro-town players, and it seems likely to me that an inexperienced player such as KJ would dive into this discussion if it was a hot topic during scum night-talk
B) SKs themselves are also prone to this kind of posting, it's a sign of overt self-awareness of their role and play

My "hardon" for the SK was entirely reactive to how how seriously mastin2 was pushing the idea of a DH SK. I thought that much was obvious. You're trying to turn it into something more than it truly is. Furthermore, I think shortening down the lynch pool by even one person is worth the effort.
CrashTextDummie wrote:His next post was SK-centric as well, but he did drop down a vote on Shanba for stated reasoning:

killerjester wrote:The scum connection is blatantly obvious.

This is a vote he lined up the day before, and that's the extent of what he had to say about Shanba up to that point.

He justified this thusly:

killerjester wrote:Of course I'd vote Shanba. It was between you and him in my mind for this day. I'm more confident about you being town now that Bowser's flipped scum, as I've said before I think there was only one scum in the neighbors. That leaves Shanba. Does KJ-logic make sense?

It's a logical fallacy: "I narrowed it down to those two players and it's not the one, so it's got to be the other!" when there was no discernible reason to narrow it down to those two players to begin with.

Was I really unclear about why I narrowed it down to those two? I agreed with the Magna post alllll the way back at #166, in that I felt there was at least one scum sheeping to the Meransiel wagon solely based on the role-fishing accusation. From that list, I ruled out kondi, Hydra, and PJ as unlikely to be scum. That's how I narrowed it down to Demon and Shanba. I took it a step further to connect this to my belief that there was one scum neighbor. If Parama/Bowser (a neighbor) flipped scum, then I would clear Demon as town and turn to Shanba. If he was a town-flip, I would re-assert that the neighbors had a scum in them and push for the Demon lynch.

If you missed this logic, why haven't you called me out on it earlier? I feel like you're just now ISO'ing me and trying to twist everything I've done into scummy play, rather than a case you've been progressively building.
CrashTextDummie wrote:Then followed another huge post speculating on the identity of the SK. When attacked, he claimed that he was merely talking about the SK because MBL had asked him about the SK. This is not accurate: MBL had asked him specifically about his DH read, not his SK-theories. And yet KJ took this opportunity to muse about the viability of CTD-SK and Yos-SK in great detail.

Oh, my mistake. I suppose we have a very large misunderstanding about the meaning of "great detail". You see, when you originally referred to my serious SK-hardon, I thought you were talking about the
two huge paragraphs
, not the 4 sentences mentioning you and Yos2. When you blow things out of proportion, I tend to suffer from miscommunication. So yes, no one asked for my two fucking cents on what I thought about you and Yos2, but the bulk of that post (the "great detail", you could say) was in response to MBL.
CrashTextDummie wrote:
killerjester in post #1071 wrote:But I'll humor you. Who do you think the serial killer is if I flip group scum/town?

This is a big one. Not only is his inquiry completely nonsensical for reasons stated above (and one explained later), it is also one that no pro-town player would
ever
make. It goes completely against any pro-town thinking to make hypotheticals with yourself as scum and defeats the purpose of any and all attached questions. He's supposed to know he's town, so why would he be interested in this answer? Because he's scum. I don't understand how he hasn't been strung up for this bona-fide scumslip.

Nonsensical justification:

killerjester wrote:No, I was trying to get my SK read (you) to stick to one target so that if you're dodgy about it later, y'know cos the target won't actually flip SK, we'd call you out on it easy.

So he wanted to lay a trap, I suppose, to catch SK-CTD making a wrong SK-prediction, to prove... what exactly?

I offered a gamble. I felt town-CTD would be more likely to go for it while anti-CTD would tend to dodge it. On it's own, it doesn't prove anything though.
CrashTextDummie wrote:Next glaring scumtell, directing the vig to aim for the SK:

killerjester wrote:EBWOP: Also was thinking this, but forgot to mention. Scum-Shanba is bussing Pine pretty hard, and I'd look to lynch him before Hydra, if not also before Yos2. And (luckily) we still have a vig to shoot up our masked SK.

1. We want the vig to kill mafia (number's game)
2. The vig has a higher chance to vig mafia, as they're easier to catch (as outlined before)
3. The SK has a high potential to be NK-Immune

This post is therefore pro-mafia, anti-town and SK-neutral. Also take note of the Pine-bussing argument. There's virtually no basis for it; "my top-suspect is attacking someone I've never mentioned before - obvious bus!" - how is this the thinking of a pro-town player?

His defense for this is god-awful:

killerjester wrote:I am hunting the scum, in fact I've got a list of names lined right up. AND my vote is on my top scumspect. So you can throw your whole pro-scum-agenda out the window. I've taken it a step further because I know there's a serial killer around and time to kill while everyone gets their votes on Shanba. Even if he (the SK) NK-immune, all we need is Iecerint's word "I'm targeting so-and-so tonight, because I think I've found the SK," and if they're alive in the morning then we'd know that 1. The SK is NK-immune, and 2. The person the vig shot at is the SK. There's nothing wrong about suggesting the vig try to take out the SK. In fact... I'm really finding how much you condemn the idea, and consistently stress that the REAL threat in this town in the mafia comes more from the perspective of an SK trying to cover his own damn hide.

So now he wants the vig to announce beforehand who he's going to vig, opening him way the fuck up for any kind of scum-PR shenanigans. His reasoning is appalling, you virtually never want your confirmed power roles to telegraph their actions. Note also how he underhandedly tries to turn this argument against me: "you want the vig to kill mafia, that means you're the SK!"

So you're saying the vig shouldn't be trying to kill the SK? At best, your opinion is pro-SK, anti-town and mafia-neutral.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by killerjester »

Not taking the chance of a quick hammer here.

I'm the doctor. Amrun let me know that sapo protected PJ night 1. Then Night 2 I protected Iecerint.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:24 am

Post by killerjester »

Well I know for certain who the doctor isn't.

VOTE: CTD

This guy.

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:05 am

Post by killerjester »

Amrun wrote:7. One "Bah" post is allowed. Do not post anything that could be construed as game related information.

Bah!

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (isolation #35) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by killerjester »

This was my second game on-site, and I got owned :S

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”