ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:07 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Well, I looked over the entire discussion and the information I got from quercitron.

First, I can confirm that DS is a doctor.
Second, I know the role of another living person. I can announce person and role if the town wants.
Third, I support either or both of these people being on the town watch.

That's all for now.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:54 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

Sorry; I am a thief of sorts. I can attempt to steal from one person each night; if successful, I learn their role. Eillid had three successful steals (one against Jalyn, one against DS, and one against X) and two unsuccessful.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:27 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

Actually, thinking it over, I might as well reveal the other investigation. Beaudoin is a vigilante with a knife.

Also, I think the remaining bad guy might be the "retired serial killer" mentioned by one of the ghosts, who was activated by jeep's death. But then, the other quotes by the ghosts seem unpromising, so maybe not.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:56 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

Vote: Polotet

In my opinion, he's the only viable suspect.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:02 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

I voted for DS (doctor), and I support Beaudoin (vigi) for the other spot, since I had cleared those two roles, and I believe that doctor and vigilante are useful roles to put on the watch. quercitron said that the chance of stopping a kill or catching the killer depends on the ability of the people on the watch.

However, if the town doesn't trust DS or Beaudoin, I have no problem with putting one or both of the pickpockets on, but I don't think their role would give them any special ability.

(Though I also think most of this discussion is academic, since I believe that Polotet is the last bad guy.)
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:18 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

So, Beaudoin, DP, DS choose DP to watch, Gaspode, MikeAmok, and me choose DS to watch, and Polotet supports whoever he wants?
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:03 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

My role worked as I claimed, but I omitted part of it.

My PM from quercitron:

----------------------------

Mafia 6, Identity Thief

All you care about is surviving until the end; sorry about the lack of allegiance but it's true...you're some sort of master thief, like the Face Dancer from Dune Mafia, but not quite the same. You can steal the abilities of one person per Night, and then save them for later use; Doc, Cop, Night kill, etc. Some of them are only for one Night, others are retained. You may appear evil to investigators, and you can choose how much information and role info is revealed upon your death if you so desire.

So yeah, try to survive until the end, and good luck.

Jalyn - one time polygraph.
DS - one time Doc
Beaudoin - one time knife (vigilante) kill
Gaspode - nothing
jeep - nothing

You used the one time Doc two nights ago.

---------------------------------

When I got this, I figured that Gaspode was most suspicious, but then, rereading the thread, I saw that he was very likely was a pickpocket, as he claimed. And either MikeAmok was a mafia got very lucky picking somebody who knew he'd appear guilty to the cops, or he was telling the truth. So I figured Polotet had to be guilty. (Sorry, Polotet & Gaspode.)

Then MikeAmok pretty much cleared DP & Gaspode, and Polotet turned out to be innocent, so I realized that I was the most likely lynch victim for Day 7, if it occurred. That meant I had to knife the last bad guy tonight. I looked over everything and decided that the most likely result was that Beaudoin was a vigilante who turned into an SK when all the mafia died / the SK died, so I decided to off him. (I also stole from MikeAmok & polygraphed DP, to get the most information, figuring those were the least supported after that.)

I must say that this was a cool role, and I'm sorry I only had it one round. Good game, quercitron.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:07 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Polotet:
I think the most specious claim is ralph's, although that would mean Beau is also mafia (unless ralph turns out to be a mafia cop or something).

Not necessarily; since there definitely was a knife-wielder running around, had I been evil, I could have just been guessing; there weren't that many other people who could have held the role.

Any significance to the ghost messages night 2?[/quote]
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:08 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

s/cuban smoker/Captain Blicero/, right?

And how did that role work?

What sort of information did the Neighborhood Watch get, and what effect did their roles have on night events?

What's with the ghosts & the exorcist?
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:42 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

What exactly was the Costume Maker role?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”