NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:02 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Hi guys!

Darn you for Newbie 1319, TAM. Are you scum again this time?

VOTE: Reek

policy lynch for self-vote is not cool. It's not standard, but reactions to self-votes can be as telling as normal RVS.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:41 am

Post by serrapaladin »

^I don't understand - your post reads sort of as though you're disagreeing with the Bulba lynch, yet you vote him.

Reek, the self vote wouldn't necessarily lead to theory discussion, had you not initiated it. Regardless, I think calling for a policy lynch is excessive.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:13 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Was that rhetorical? My vote is on Reek for his call to policy lynch.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:40 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I actually quite like Bulb, except for not getting Titan's joke, but then neither did Rach.

Titan, why the vote-change to Rach?
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 177, OtterHorse wrote:Why is scum more likely to try to policy lynch than town?

Policy lynches can be easy mislynch targets. If people agree it's a policy lynch, there will be little suspicion thrown around in the case of a mislynch.

I'm a bit confused as to why you're advocating policy lynches in this game in particular. I haven't played this setup before, but I sort of assumed that it's balanced at the start, so two policy (mis)lynches push the game in scum's favor. Why would the starting setup be as town-sided as you claim, OH?

KBW's posts read the most off-putting, while some of what OH says bothers me, too.

I'll need to look at some specific people tomorrow to make up my mind about this game...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I disagree that it's scare tactics. There's a balance in utility between getting rid of a potentially harmful player and lynching someone with a better chance of being scum. I am wary of people who ignore this balance and blindly call for a policy lynch before much discussion has taken place.

I've also spent my fair share of time reviewing setups (f2f ones), and I'd be happy to agree 10:5 is still townsided, had this setup not been balanced and reviewed by people I can only assume know what they're doing. I hesitate to believe from someone who might be scum that town can play a loose game because this setup is so townsided.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:30 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 230, OtterHorse wrote:We can always lynch you instead.

:roll:

I'll agree that KBW looks fairly scummy, but I suppose I have a problem with the discussion-stifling implications of labeling him a PL.

BT: why is it beneficial for scum to ignore votes on them?

I don't like MO's 235 commenting on the lack of comment-worthy things.

RM, how many games with TAM have you played where he's lurked early on? My one game with him has had quite active.
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:39 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 282, OtterHorse wrote:Serra actually is all hung up on me pushing KBW, and part that really bugs me is how he treats me and Reek in comparison. He calls Reek flat out scum for a vote as a policy lynch, but seems very unwilling to actually do the same when I take a similar stance and instead tries to maybe argue im scum because I dont think this game is balanced (it isnt, if I was part of the team it would have been 10:5). It feels like scum who is afraid of getting into the same arguement with somepony who will fight back hard.

Now, his other stuff says all sorts of nothing too. KBW is "offputting", RM didnt get the joke, MO has one fluffy post (which from you and half of this game lol).

The difference Reek and you is that Reek's call for a PL was completely independent of Bulb's scumminess. He saw something in RVS that might be used for a quick lynch and decided to call for a direct policy lynch. That's scummy. You have also given indication of why KBW would be a utility lynch, and I happen to agree with the fact that he might be scum, hence I'm not entirely opposed to him as a specific lynch-target. I don't like you spreading the idea that PL's are more acceptable in this game than in others, but I don't think you're entirely scummy for suggesting a KBW lynch.

Have you seen the entire specifics of this game? The opening post only gives away so much and I don't know whether the game might be balanced by giving scum daytalk or something. I am hesitant to believe this game is entirely unbalanced.

My point about MO's wasn't that it was fluff. I don't like that he specifically commented on the lack of things to comment on. After 12 pages there is definitely content to analyze, and giving excuses not to post analysis is scummy.

To answer your question, from my ISO:
In post 28, serrapaladin wrote:Darn you for Newbie 1319, TAM. Are you scum again this time?

MsM's posts look fairly town.

In post 276, Ms Marangal wrote:I'm not seeing much of a Serrascum in this game either

You know scum-me?

Also, I'm definitely paranoid about TAM being scum again. His play here seems much like that in the Newbie...
Wandering but not lost
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:34 am

Post by serrapaladin »

@mod: I'm drowning in work for the near future, so please replace me. Sorry!
Wandering but not lost

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”