CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:02 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Hai.

Just glancing at the last page, I see KX and notscience accusing each other of being scum, but neither is voting the other. What's up with that?

Guess some reading is required.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Did some selective reading (mostly D3 onwards with some backtracking). This is what I gathered so far:

Shattered Viewpoint claimed mason, Metal Sonic claimed bulletproof. Both are confirmed town in my eyes, the former for obvious reasons, the latter because no matter what the set-up, there would be a PR able to counter-claim if he was lying. This means that we have one of cop/doc/RB/tracker still hidden as well as an SK with 1-shot strongman/2-shot bulletproof/1-shot RB plus 1-shot cop/doc/RB/tracker left unaccounted for.

Beastcharizard claimed to have tried killing KX, and I'm taking it with a grain of salt. If he was telling the truth, I agree that KX being SK is the most probable scenario, but I'm not sold based on play.

I'm looking at zmuffinman and Yraelz for final scum because I have strong reason to believe that Beastcharizard was partnered with one of the people who flaked between D2 and N3. Leaning towards the former because of how the D1 Abdelrahman wagon played out, but have to read more. Maquis has also pinged strongly on several occasions starting with the HD wagon, and would be my first pick if flaker theory is wrong.

More tomorrow, I need sleep.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:45 am

In post 1426, Evil Regals wrote:I thought the whole reason why the mods mass replaced was to avoid the meta gaming discussion?
Yeah, I feel
just awful
metagaming the mod's attempt to avoid metagaming. *snark*

Either way, the smoking gun is beastcharizard's final pair of posts:
In post 1299, beastcharizard wrote:KX is SK. I promise you on this.
I tried to kill him last night.
In post 1307, beastcharizard wrote:I was just hammered if I counted correctly so why do i need to keep up my fake-claim? I don't need to keep it up anymore since I have been lynched. I am scum congrats on that. SV is obviously the other power role since I took their fake hammer as signaling that they know I am lying.
I really did try to kill KX last night
and it didn't work hence why there is only 1 kill today. If I wasn't hammered oh well because I was going to be lynched soon anyway. Please lynch KX the SK.
Note the underlined. Singular. This could be interpreted in one of two ways:
1. Beastcharizard carried out the kill himself. Kind of doubful considering his compromised state, with at least one person capable of roleblocking knowing he was lying (the SK).
2. Beastcharizard made the kill decision by himself, meaning he had no one to talk to on N2. This matches up beautifully with the need for an extended N3 and makes a lot more sense to me in the context of his posts. These were spur-of-the-moment twilight posts, stressing the fact that
scum
tried to kill KX and failed. At least that's my take on things.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 pm

In post 1431, notscience wrote:CTD, it means KX is scum regardless.
KX is almost certainly not group scum. If beastcharizard was telling the truth, there's a certain edge to the statistical probability that he is SK, based on the known fact that the SK started with 2-shot bulletproof and applying occam's razor. But there's also the possibility that the SK roleblocked beastcharizard knowing he was lying scum, the possibility that we have a town roleblocker who targetted him knowing he was lying scum and the possibility that he was, in fact,
lying
scum.

Again, I am not sold, and I don't appreciate attempts to rush a lynch when I've barely begun piecing this game together. This goes to Maquis as well.

@KX:
I'd actually like to read a succinct summary of your case against notscience. You have a tendency to brick post and I'd rather not sift through your ISO. I promise to read with an open mind.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:17 pm

In post 1433, CrashTextDummie wrote:But there's also the possibility that the SK roleblocked beastcharizard knowing he was lying scum, the possibility that we have a town roleblocker who targetted him knowing he was lying scum and the possibility that he was, in fact,
lying
scum.
Actually, that kind of goes against what I just said in my post before. Goes to show that I shouldn't post when I'm woozy from a severe cold.

I don't think it's all that likely that beastcharizard carried out the kill himself, diminishing the possibility that the scum's alleged failed kill was the result of a roleblock. I may very well end up agreeing that KX should be today's lynch, but again, no rush please.

More tomorrow with a (hopefully) clearer head.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Oh boy. Wanted to spend some time of this game yesterday, but the site was down. Looks like i saved myself some time.

Though this is a discussion for post-game, I'll say I thought beastcharizard's twilight reveal of who he tried to kill was a modkillable offense, not just a dick move. I would have been very upset in KX's shoes. Though KX's conduct right now is more dick move than modkillable offense (though it's debatable), I think it's more of a dick move and upsets me as a town player, because I would have quite liked the game not being wrecked for everyone out of spite.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:46 am

In post 1508, KX wrote:For crash test, problem is, Beast was already post hammer, making a modkill worthless. Anyway, apologies for ending the game so swiftly, but I felt it was justified, and you guys have a cop anyway, so.
Beastcharizard hasn't lost the game yet, making a modkill very much worthwhile. And if he had posted what he did pre hammer, it would have been neither modkill worthy nor unsportsmanlike. You on the other hand have no justification for what you did, regardless of what you said. You claimed scum before you were hammered as the only member of your faction, which was playing against your wincon (no matter how hopeless things may have looked for you), and you did it in order to ruin the rest of the game out of spite not only for Maquis (who, as far as I can tell, is not guilty of any personal insult to you) and the guiltless members of his team, but also for every member the town, who I'm pretty sure would have enjoyed this victory a heck of a lot more if it hadn't been handed to them.

I hope you come to realize how bad of a display of sportsmanship this was. Keep your retorts to the dead QT or post-game though, because the post of yours I just quoted is just as much in breach of the rules as the ones by beastcharizard you felt so wrongly done by.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:16 pm

Pretty sure that was the most leisurely replacement gig I've ever had. Didn't even need to read the thread to get the scum to nightkill me. :lol: Not sure why Matias saw me as such a big threat. Yeah I figured out that beastcharizard was on his own on his last night, but I'm not sure I felt strongly enough about it to push Matias. The collective scumteam showed admirable restraint in not bussing the slot when it was run up on D1.

Tremendous use of the cop role by Marquis and his predecessor, consider my hat tipped! Looking at the scum QT, it's not hard to see why they lost.

No more trying to screw a faction after you're dead or claiming scum as last man standing to give one faction a leg up over the other in the future, please and thank you.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Good modding from what I saw. Not sure I love the set-up, though it arguably didn't play out to its full potential.

Thanks for the game!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”