Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by tubby216 »

X wrote:
tubby216 wrote:
X wrote:With respect to the modkill, I had considered modkilling someone (I don't remember whether it was tubby or not) before I actually did it. It was a scary decision, but I think it made a somewhat abrasive game a little less abrasive. Toward the end, the insults weren't really insults, but some of the earlier ones translated really poorly over the internet, or were actually mean. I plan to necro this thread about civility in Mafia Games in MD now that this game is over.

For clarification, tubby216, Watcher, did not win, because of the modkill.

Any comments that anyone has for me, good or bad, are appreciated. Unless you're mad that you got replaced/modkilled.
I am not mad that i got modkilled. I am upset for letting it happen.

All i wanna know is were you as the mod notified by pm of another player that found my posts offensive? or was it a decsion made by you with out any prompts?
X:
I made the decision without prompting, as I personally would have been seriously offended if you had directed either of your drugs comments at me. Also, I don't think it should be the responsibility of the players to make sure that they aren't insulted and complain about those who are insulting them.
understood, I will agree to disagree and try to stay out of your games then in the future. For the record I thought your set up was good, and everything else was well handled. I felt the vote counts were right on time, prods /replacements were handled well so over all good job your an excellant mod.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by Snow White »

Wow. Congrats town. I cant say im surprised but well done. :D

BM if you could help me by telling me what tipped you off about me? Id be very thankful. Also. Were you serious about being blacklisted? O.o

I was so frustrated with this game just for the fact so many of my group had died. And DN's gambit on me. I gave up too easily. Liar! :lol: But in retrospect, quite enjoyable. Thanks to the mod who was in my mind, was pretty damn awesome.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by hewitt »

Amished wrote:Also, why was KoC NK'd? I now understand why I wasn't (being known vanilla, thanks hewitt for the respect for investigating me ;)); but I didn't understand a KoC kill as he was one of my top suspects for one small thing he said almost immediately (defense of DN D1 when I had DN pegged as scum; so chainsaw defense..) I'm pretty sure nobody else really saw that, but his death helped *me* out a lot, and not something that was easily predictable IMO.
he was way too anti-not lynching me lol. he was the most vocal we felt against me (besides rayfrost).

http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/qgKnFwpcdCr

sorry i was away all day at work here's the qt! sorry if i called any town players stupid in it cause i think i might've (fer not lynching me).
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Amished »

hewitt wrote:i think killing KoC is the best idea, i don't think amished is smart enough. anything that'll keep us both alive today is the uh best course of action i think.
:( No hard feelings, you had to do what you had to do. Killing a known VT wouldn't have been a smart idea though.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by hewitt »

well we were pretty sure there were no more really important power roles because if there were then i would've been dead or fer sure found out by like N3 so at that point it was just getting rid of those most likely to drag us down in discussion.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Amished »

Ok, just looking at the set-up now:

Town:
1 cop
1 vig
1 doc (Ok, doc/cop = powerful, doc/vig slightly less so)
1 Watcher
9 VT's

vs.
Sicilian
1 Inv. immune Godfather
2 goons
1 traitor (all intents and purposes another goon that could be self-killed)

vs.
Americans
1 nk. immune godfather
1 rolecop
1 roleblocker

Bear with me, we can't assume *anything* with the town PRs due to inv. immune, nk immune and a roleblocker on the scum side, 3 kills N1 could all hit them.

T A S
13 3 4 (counting goon) GAME START
12 3 4 (D1, mislynch)
9 3 4 (N1, assuming all pro-town kills)
8 3 4 (D2, mislynch)
5 3 4 (N2, pro-town kills)

N2 the town barely outnumber *one* scumgroup. I'm surprised as hell that the town won in this setup; though if it was open, it'd be balanced (I'd think) since scum need to try to avoid known power roles and counterclaiming is super dangerous then. That's still the only way that I'd see this working out particularly well if this setup were to be run again.

No, my name is not "Ed."
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by hewitt »

you gotta remember though that the odds towards town winning began tipping greatly in their favor once we basically decimated the other mafia group on accident. that along with tubby outing me pretty much won the game fer the town.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by Amished »

Ok, but you decimated them *on accident* I don't expect games to be fair or win on accident.

Also, we had 2 pro-town power roles get 2 scum (both from Americans, oddly enough). I'll extend my scenario to include this for you, calling a vig get one and a lynch get one (which is better for the town than what our 2 lynch one did)

Currently at: Night2

T A S
5 3 4 <- 7 scum to 5 town, 2 mislynches. That's a little ridiculous.
5 2 4 (D3, lynch one American that was found out.)
3 1 4 (N4, Vig kills other outed american scum, Americans kill Town, Sicilians kill Town)

By Day 4, the Sicilians basically outnumber the rest of the town combined. Nothing can really prevent that, and the game's over provided the traitor claims what they are. Without the mod being clear on what happens when 50% is scum, or how traitors work, or how "deadline" situations are with only half votes they can all vote for the same player and as long as the S-scum are on before all of the town, they'll push whoever to 4 votes and win.

I'm just saying that it was a lot of scum for a 20 person game. Regardless of power roles as they go both ways, especially the americans who can nullify a vig in two ways (1 NK-immune + roleblocker); can kill a cop with a claimed doc protection and a watcher watching the doc to not die and then get the doc under a lot of suspicion. Any claiming is suicide.

On a related note, why would you believe a 2nd self protecting doc? I would've killed him instantly because of that. It would've saved you Benmage; and a watcher was dead (so only a tracker would help). Unless I'm misremembering the order of the nights and the claim time.. He still claimed doc and lived the next day to out Ben, so yea, that's definitely what happened. At least roleblock him so he wouldn't have gotten a result.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Benmage »

I forget, I was trying to use Battle Mages and my friendly history to my benefit. I didnt see a cop gambling the crazy way he did, and thought him scum probably. I forget my exact thoughts. But I think I just wanted to push his lynch the next day.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by Kise »

Thanks, guys.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

The last post is one of nature's masterpieces.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”