Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Kdub »

Mafia Godfather wrote: You are a
Mafia Godfather
. Your partners are XXXXX (Mafia Roleblocker) and XXXXX (Mafia Goon).

During night phases, you may communicate privately with your partners. You may also communicate privately with them until Day 1 has officially started.

Each night, you or your partners may send me a PM containing the name of the player you wish to kill that night. You must specify which member of your faction will make the kill attempt.

If another player attempts to kill you at night, their kill attempt will be unsuccessful.

You win when all town players are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Mafia quicktopic is here.

Game thread is here.
Mafia Roleblocker wrote: You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Your partners are XXXXX (Mafia Godfather) and XXXXX (Mafia Goon).

During night phases, you may communicate privately with your partners. You may also communicate privately with them until Day 1 has officially started.

Each night, you or your partners may send me a PM containing the name of the player you wish to kill that night. You must specify which member of your faction will make the kill attempt.

You may also send me the name of a player you wish to roleblock at night. If the player you target takes an action that night, that action will be unsuccessful. You may not use your ability and also attempt the night kill for your faction on the same night.

You win when all town players are dead and at least one member of the mafia is alive, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Game thread is here.
Mafia Goon wrote: You are a
Mafia Goon
. Your partners are XXXXX (Mafia Godfather) and XXXXX (Mafia Roleblocker).

Game thread is here.
Vigilante wrote: You are a
Vigilante

Each night, you may send me a PM containing the name of a player. You will attempt to kill that player at night.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town is alive.

Game thread is here.
Doctor wrote: You are a
Doctor

Each night, you may send me a PM containing the name of a player you wish to protect. If that player is targeted to be killed that same night, you will attempt to prevent the kill. You may not target yourself.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one member of the town is alive.

Game thread is here.
Tracker wrote: You are a
Tracker

Each night, you may send me a PM containing the name of a player you wish to investigate. If your investigation is successful, I will tell you who, if anyone, that player attempted to target with a night action that same night.

Game thread is here.
Lover wrote: You are a
Lover
. Your partner is XXXXX.

You and your partner know each other to be aligned with the town. If one of you is killed at any point in the game, the other will die as well. You may not communicate privately with your partner.

Game thread is here.
Vanilla Townie wrote: You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities, only your voice and your vote.

Game thread is here.
CrueKnight - Doctor
Furry - Mafia Roleblocker
cruelty - Tracker
Sir Chris - Vanilla Townie
Scott Brosius - Lover
Rhinox - Vanilla Townie
Wickedestjr - Vanilla Townie
kunkstar7 - Vanilla Townie
Faraday - Vanilla Townie
don_johnson - Mafia Goon
The Inquisition - Lover
Kirbyoshi - Vanilla Townie
My Milked Eek - Mafia Godfather
Heilograph - Vanilla Townie
Haylen - Vigilante

N1

SolemnJ kills Scott Brosius
Furry roleblocks Wickedestjr
CrueKnight protects Furry
cruelty tracks Faraday

N2

SolemnJ kills Rhinox
Furry roleblocks danakillsu
CrueKnight protects SolemnJ
cruelty tracks Sir Chris

N3

don_johnson kills Faraday
Furry roleblocks Sir Chris
CrueKnight protects kunkstar7
cruelty tracks Furry

N4

don_johnson kills CrueKnight
Furry roleblocks Sir Chris
CrueKnight protects Sir Chris
cruelty tracks Kirbyoshi
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Kdub »

This was the first setup I had designed, so I tried to keep it simple with a somewhat low-powered town, but having a slightly smaller proportion of scum (3 out of 14 if you count the lovers as one) than usual.

I was pretty frustrated with the number of lurkers and replacements early in the game, but I think I eventually found a set of players who were willing to participate and contribute. The town was definitely hurt by the number of replacements, because it made it hard to get consistent reads.

I thought Furry played an excellent game, as he ended up directing most of the mafia's tactics (I'll leave it up to them to decide if they want to share their quicktopic). don_johnson did well to turn a somewhat inactive player slot into a strong contributor. Thanks to don and MME for cross-replacing with me.

The game ended up being longer than I had originally anticipated because I thought the vig would get a few kills in, but it's hard to tell whether that would have benefited the town or not.

Comments (either positive or negative) on the setup and my modding are appreciated. I'm always trying to improve in both areas, and I think this game was a good learning experience for me.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

lol gg scum.

Good thing you killed me. I had all 3 of you nailed in the Dead player's quick topic.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Kdub »

Thanks for posting that Rhinox, I completely forgot.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm not even going to say anything. Recently, I've been having good games and bad games. The good games are excellent, the bad games are bloody aweful.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

Kdub wrote:Thanks for posting that Rhinox, I completely forgot.
np. I figured no one would mind, and I wanted to brag a little to make myself feel better about the loss ;)
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:35 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Congrats mafia buddies. This is your victory. I didn't do much in this game so it's your victory.
Eek
!
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Nicely done, I was very off my game here on all accounts. I had DJ for a bit but he managed to put on a good performance, haha. It was fun.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Sir Chris »

Looking back, I think my mistake here was letting go of my distrust of one of the power roles. I should have thought it through more because Doctor/Roleblocker truly did not make any sense.

Meh, really just an off game for me overall, but it was well played overall like I said.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Furry »

Heh... took you guys long enough to end that day after we got wagons started on two different town.

I did enjoy this game quite a bit though, the game light on power so not imbalanced or swingy, proves that simple is good.

Will put up more thoughts after classes today.
Temporary unretired alt
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:40 am

Post by don_johnson »

gg scum buddies! town was really in dissarray going into lylo. i think we had two choices for nk. CK seemed way more upset about the no lynch, so we went with him. quicktopic is here
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Faraday »

This was an awful game for me and I apologise to everyone involved.

Ugh. Yeah. Idk what else to say.

Oh god at least mapascp wasn't scum. If he'd managed to lurk/replace out to 'victory' again then idk what i'd have done.

Furry played well. Tbh the fact he was still alive probably would have made me suspicious alone.

MME would have been my choice for the lynch in LYLO but the scum would have definitely won anyway. Bleh.

Modding/replacements were very well done. If you ever need a replacement again feel free to give me a shout, I liked the set-up. I'd be pissed off with the number of replacements as a mod, as it really affects the flow of the game.

Tbh losing The Inquisition and Scott (who were obv obv town) hurt a lot too.

Good player list (at the end) too. Maybe we'll have a re-match some time? :P
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:10 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I'm sorry town. By the last day I knew I was in a hole and I couldn't really figure out much I could do, so I basically gave up. Your gambit Furry with your roleblocker role was really well thought out, that surprised me quite honestly.
Welcome to the Network.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Furry »

Im debating retiring this account with this win. Im something like 6-1 as scum as Furry with the only loss coming from getting killed by a different scum faction and thats going to be a tough record to improve on.

Now the whole breadcrumb thing, that was very very fun to me. It was an attempt to mix breadcrumbing with roleplaying strongly off interactions with jfox/haylen to start, and just touch on it at times from there. I ended up coming on a bit too strong, although those two dropping off early was unexpected as well.

I was planning on claiming JK if there was no doctor flip, however that once forced me back to RB. There were a few situations where I put my crumbs much stronger to JK then RB, and im glad no one took the time to go point those out. People thinking I was tracker scared me actually, since I was not sure what to do about that. I could of tried to run with it, but then all my crumbs wouldnt of fit, and given how the game was going I thought that I could sneak by on the WIFOM of "why would a scum RB claim RB blatantly?"

Good game though, it was very enjoyable to me, even though that last day took WAY to long
Temporary unretired alt
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Rhinox »

furry wrote:I was planning on claiming JK if there was no doctor flip, however that once forced me back to RB. There were a few situations where I put my crumbs much stronger to JK then RB, and im glad no one took the time to go point those out.
Did you read the deadplayer QT? ;) You should be very glad I wasn't around long enough to see the doc come out. I think I pointed out every single one of your crumbs. I honestly can't believe nobody else noticed them.

Remember this comment I made early on in the game?
rhinox wrote:Alright, I'm back and all caught up. First off, unvote furry. Still don't agree with defending other players even if you think they're town, but I don't think this makes furry scum. I guess this means we'll be putting up with the fuzzy handcuffs a little longer...
This was the point where I realized you were crumbing jk. At that point, I I flipped my view to not wanting to lynch you because I believed you were being honest.

I made this comment to try to get people to go back and reread the thread to find your crumbs:
rhinox wrote:After rereading, I've also come to the conclusion that whoever the scum are, they aren't exactly the brightest lot... more on this later in the game if/when a certain event happens.
Remember when I asked you this? Notice the key word I bolded and how it could apply to a jailer.
rhinox wrote:Furry: between wicked and cruelty, do either give you the
conviction
that they are more likely scum?
I saw your crumbs that you were considering targeting either wicked or cruelty, and I was trying to get a feel from you which one you targetted. You gave an ambiguous answer that would have allowed you to claim either as a target later on, and that is the point where I started suspecting you were lying and setting up a fake claim.

When the doc came out, you'd have pretty much been done for if I were alive. I dont know if I were alive I'd have been able to get both MBF/MME and DJ lynched, but I called them both as scum by the start of the day after I was nked, and nothing in the rest of the game ever made me reconsider.

So furry, what I'm trying to say is I sure hope you don't require that account, because I would LOVE to have a rematch sometime. :twisted: Nothing worse than sitting on the sideline knowing who's scum but not in the game to be able to do anything about it.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Furry »

rhinox wrote:Furry: between wicked and cruelty, do either give you the
conviction
that they are more likely scum?
I saw your crumbs that you were considering targeting either wicked or cruelty, and I was trying to get a feel from you which one you targetted. You gave an ambiguous answer that would have allowed you to claim either as a target later on, and that is the point where I started suspecting you were lying and setting up a fake claim.[/quote]

I actually never realized this, if I did I would of answered it in a similar fashion to the rest of my crumbs. If you would of mentioned anything about handcuffs I would of picked it up though.

You got killed because I realized that you would be a near impossible lynch, and that I couldnt read you enough to be sure you wouldnt go after any scum.
So furry, what I'm trying to say is I sure hope you don't require that account, because I would LOVE to have a rematch sometime. :twisted: Nothing worse than sitting on the sideline knowing who's scum but not in the game to be able to do anything about it.
Im sure we will run into each other again on this or my real self. Im actually fairly sure ive been in a game with you before, but cant remember which one.
Temporary unretired alt
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by cruelty »

bleh

i sort of lost interest after wicked got lynched; i had basically no reads on anyone (constant replacements, sigh) and i have no idea where i'd have voted, if i had voted.

bad game, sorry town. well played scum.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by cruelty »

btw
haylen wrote:Anyone know any different languages? I want to tell Cruelty to fuck off in as many different ways as possible.

you wanna tissue??

:[ :[ :[
the nexus of the crisis
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Cruelty I love you, rofl.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

dj was slightly scummy, and if the day had lasted longer, we probably could have figured out MME as scum, but Furry had all the town snowed. gg Furry.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by Furry »

I was just trying to cover my bases on the last day. For whatever reason scum was able to start kunk and cruel wagons and couldnt finish them. Everyone had posted so I just had to instill that if I got lynched kirby needed to be lynched next and if DJ got lynched then kunk.

Stressfull game over the last little bit, no clue why MME didnt try and vote kunk or cruel. Even if the day resulted in a scum lynch town was connected too strongly to not get lynched.
Temporary unretired alt
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

i certainly did my best to make my kunk vote look like a bus. i figured if the winds changed that i would be the most likely scum to get lynched.

oh yeah. killing town rhinox is generally a good move. i wasn't part of it, but i approve. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Haylen »

cruelty wrote:btw
haylen wrote:Anyone know any different languages? I want to tell Cruelty to fuck off in as many different ways as possible.

you wanna tissue??

:[ :[ :[
Join Gayle in the list of people who dislike me and battle it out between you. Send me pics. I'll enjoy them.

Now piss off. If you dont like my play this game, who cares? It was the FIRST TIME I'd played a powerrole and was insanely busy. You should've stopped whining about it at that. Grow a pair of balls and create a thread in GD over how much I suck of you like. It'll be a good read for me :D

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:05 am

Post by cruelty »

lol

why are you still making excuses?

why do you take the game so personally?

the fact is you played badly, which in and of itself isn't an issue; a lot of us did this game, but then you abused people and cried about it.. talking about policy lynches/kills etc. gimme a break, grow the fuck up and keep your self-confidence issues out of the gamethreads. nobody likes a crybaby.

@everyone else, sorry for the thread derailment.
the nexus of the crisis
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Haylen »

hahaha. I dont make excuses. And since I was out of the game, ive far improved my town play. Including a (coughnearlycough) successful game as Vig. Every game is a learning experience and I learnt a lot from this one including not to lurk as PR. Yes I'm an emotional player, particularly as town. There are many people who are, and I'm taking steps to sort this out.

I apologise for my outburst.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”