New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Not surprised by the result.

I'm rather annoyed with myself that I turned off the pressure on Tazaro. I read some of his completed games so I could decide if I thought he was really scum, and I came across a couple newbie games where you made some pretty obvious breadcrumbs as a town power role (like "spoonful of sugar" to claim Doctor, and "behind bars" to claim Cop), and then I saw similar posts in this game -- talk of being a "saint" and referencing "Mother Teresa." At first I thought "uh, there is no Saint role on this list," but then I thought that
maybe
, just maybe, he was actually a Bodyguard. Needless to say, the instant Lowell claimed on D3 (i.e., when I was dead), I would jumping up and down hoping the Town would lynch Tazaro. Alas. I think I am even more surprised that nobody (that I recall) pointed out the Benmage-Tazaro relationship after Benmage turned up dead and scum on D4. I mean, really? That was ultimately the entire basis of my attack against him.

Very frustrated with the Town in this game. The Wraith-lynch, I still proclaim, was just bad. Charlie just gave up. Lowell gave up. tubby216 said that "by giving up, he was fighting his lynch." Not likely to work when the Town has already lynched other townspeople who just roll over and die. Sigh. In the last Day of a game, I think each townsperson should have at least read over the game one final time -- you just might find something that puts you on the right track. I firmly believe that scum's best friend is the townsperson who does not reread, because then scum can never get caught for the stuff they
should
get caught for doing early in the game. It is always easier to discern intent once you know practically everybody's alignment, which is the case for a 3-player endgame.

Pre-Post Edit: No problem, Oso. As you can see, had you claimed your role-blocking target, we might have actually wheedled out AGar as the Serial Killer. :wink:
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Oso »

My main problem with the game (and I mean my play of it, not with the game itself) was that I over-thought it. A habit I thought I had left behind.

Don't want to disclaim any of my own responsibility for the loss but I wanted to say how much I hate the JK role in general and now in particular since I had to play as one. Had I been just a plain Doctor, there would have no real problems about claiming my targets. Like in the case of AGar. Did I save him? Or block him? At that point, there had been a single, one kill night. At that point, I had no clue if we were dealing with 3 scum, 4 scum or a combo of scum/SK.

Toog and Toon were acting so much like they were joined at the hip (or at least Toog was acting that way towards Toon) that I was seriously considering a 4 man scum team with 2 of that number setting up a mason claim while trying to not make any connections to their remaining 2 scum partners. In which case letting out that I protected AGar N1 would have been the best play. It would have cleared a townie. And I thought that was preciesly what was going on when I didn't die Night 2. AGar had to know he was blocked (unless both he and scum targeted Furcolow). My refusal to give my N1 target would have been tailor made for him to rid the game of me before I let that info out. I was the only claimed blocker type at that point.

That I lived through Night 2 and there was only a single kill then made me believe that he was most probably town. That is why I had no real hesitation giving my results at the start of Day 2. I was surprised as hell he was a killing role of any sort. And since Toog threw such a fit about me protecting him because of a supposed power I blocked, it made me start to think he was town (and by association Toon) so I went back and tried to find scum by the normal, non-PR methods.

By the time we had the Benmage/AGar crosskill, I was thoroughly confused.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by Tazaro »

There are reason(s) why this game may have been my favorite game out of all of my non-newbie games. One thing that is good was that I was scum, which was entertaining to me in this game. This was one of the most non-boring game threads that I have read imo.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Oso »

Oso wrote:..
That I lived through Night 2 and there was only a single kill then made me believe that he was most probably town. That is why I had no real hesitation giving my results at the start of Day 2.
That should read Night 2/Day3
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Benmage »

I thought I played a fairly decent game.

Funny crosskill, Agar, why me?? I was about to fake cop claim with guilty on Oso and go for the sweep :cry: .

Apathetic town = doomed.

Lynch lurkers like Stef.

I actually got a little nervous with the 2 successful lynches.

Lowell is still a useless slot.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Benmage wrote:Apathetic town = doomed.

Lynch lurkers like Stef.
We kind of were, we just went the wrong way. Instead of Stef and Zorblag, we went with Lowell and tubby :(
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:21 am

Post by Charlie »

Well done mafia team. So, Zorblag, the pseudo-IC in this game, being alive in Lylo, turns out to be mafia. This validates my thinking about experienced/strong players being alive till the end are more likely to be mafia.

Town was playing very slowly. Mafia win was, IMHO, justified.

My 4 suspects before being lynched are 1 town bodyguard, 1 town mason, 1 mafia godfather and 1 serial killer. (Not including Benmage the mafia goon) I like that!

Time for me to test out/apply some theories and things learnt from this game!
Kindness
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Charlie, I guess you should keep in mind that in this game I wasn't much of a presence for the first 3 days or so and then the last three nights the scum kills were largely dictated by the remaining town power roles. I think I would have said about the same things at the start of the game were I town (I believe everything that I said about the theory and I would have been pushing for the tubby216 lynch from about the time I got to it here) so I'm not particularly convinced that were I town the scum would have been all that likely to kill me.

You're also probably overrating my strength at the game; it's an easy sort of thing to overrate or underrate.

@petroleumjelly, it's probably worth noting that the only kill the serial killer got in this game was one on a mafia member (all the kills the mafia submitted went through and I don't know for sure but I suspect that AGar targeted Tazaro night two and was blocked by the mafia doctor.) Not outing and lynching him with Oso's information on day two probably put the town in a better position in this game (if it weren't for the cross-kill mafia might well have escaped with no deaths.) If he'd have been a vig that certainly would have been the case.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:06 am

Post by AGar »

Benmage wrote:Funny crosskill, Agar, why me?? I was about to fake cop claim with guilty on Oso and go for the sweep :cry: .
I was killing players I didn't feel like playing with anymore. Swear to god.

N1 I targetted Benmage.
N2 Petroleumjelly.
N3 Benmage again.

SK is a shitty role lol. I always wanted to be SK, then this game and it was like "WTF yo?"
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 am

Post by AGar »

And to pre-empt the question: You two were posting too much.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Bah, got it wrong :(

I enjoyed this game more than most I've played on here for some reason I can't put my finger on, despite the loss
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by mothrax »

Shouldve gone with my gut.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

It's over!
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”