New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Tazaro »

My idea of a Graceful end: all votes, without exception, that are cast get placed on me; and scum declare victory as soon as they vote for me.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Tazaro »

Tazaro wrote:My idea of a Graceful end: all votes, without exception, that are cast get placed on me; and scum declare victory as soon as they vote for me.
I raise my white flag. Cast the final vote.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Given that it's lylo, I still have more confidence that I'd hit scum with mothrax, but in the situation that has arisen, I think one of the masons should unvote and be the one that hammers, reducing the possibilities of scum quick hammering. That way, if anything suspicious comes up, town will still have an element of control
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Mr.Sandman wrote:Given that it's lylo, I still have more confidence that I'd hit scum with mothrax, but in the situation that has arisen, I think one of the masons should unvote and be the one that hammers, reducing the possibilities of scum quick hammering. That way, if anything suspicious comes up, town will still have an element of control
If there are 3 scum, it only takes one town on a mislynch.

The fact that there isn't a quick hammer yet makes me feel better about Tazaro (and to a lesser degree moth too, sadly).
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Toogeloo wrote:The fact that there isn't a quick hammer yet makes me feel better about Tazaro (and to a lesser degree moth too, sadly).
EBWOP: makes me feel better about Tazaro being scum.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Zorblag »

So now that everyone but Stef (and myself prior to this post) is either on the Tazaro wagon already or has posted without hammering I believe the only way that Tazaro could be town is if either there are only two scum left or the masons are actually scum (on their own or with either mothrax or Stef.) I suppose the first is still within the realm of possibility but I still highly doubt the second. It's much more likely that Tazaro is scum than either of those (and actually he could be scum in either of those two cases as well.)

At this point I'm ready to hammer whenever everyone has had a chance to post anything they'd like to. To some degree as I'm relatively certain we're going to be lynching Tazaro and I think we will be hitting scum less talk is theoretically better than more, but I'd like the masons in particular to have a chance to say anything they'd like to share before the day ends.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

kill it
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Yeah, actually with a bit of though it's clear that the best move assuming that Toogeloo and Toon Fighter aren't scum is to kill now with only what I'll say in this post as far as conversation goes. If they are scum then congratulations, they've played masterfully and town is going to lose soon anyhow so there's really no reason to hold off.

@Toogeloo and Toon Fighter, assuming this post doesn't lose the game do make sure that either of you can share everything that the other would have said about the state of the game up till now come tomorrow. Hopefully I understand the state of the game at this point as well as I think I do but you two play out all the scenarios there are left (there aren't that many) and make sure that either of you can give us your conclusions. I'm sure you'd essentially do that anyhow but don't have a quite night on your end.

VOTE: Tazaro

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Tomorrow is going to be harder (provided we are right with today). I am absolutely going to die tonight because scum can't keep the Masons alive any longer, and I am the more vocal.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Toogeloo, please believe me when I say that nothing you have to say about that sort of thing helps the town if you say it at this point (I know we have different ideas about information control but I think you should be able to figure out why I hold this view at this time.) If you're worried about not being able to say something tomorrow then make sure that Toon Fighter knows it and will say it for you. I realize that you're not saying anything with that last post that you haven't essentially said before but I still claim it's better not to talk about it until tomorrow at the earliest.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Noone knew who Tazaro was, but he was in work at 8am every day and out at 8pm, he had no life and lived for the company. Then he went on a weekend away, his first weekend away from work in over 6 years and discovered something. He discovered that no matter what hours he kept, the security guard only new him as "bud" and his workers still called him "that balding guy with the yellowing shirt". It wasnt his fault that he spent all his time working and not enough washing... so when a sign went up in the staff room stating "mafia wanted" he jumped at the chance. "They'll remember me now" he thought. The overlords thought so too, his long hours made him the perfect candidate for Mafia Godfather. Unfortunately his time came to an end, just before pay day as well, those past 4 weeks, leaving those last 288 hours unpaid...

Tazaro - Mafia Godfather - Lynched Day 5

Night will last 72 hours.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Porochaz »

Toogeloo was a great scientist. Unfortunately he had a thing for writing memo's to other employee's. Late one evening, it was discovered he also had a thing for having memo's stuffed down his throat choking him to death. It's not really a "thing" more of a sequence of events which lead to his death.

Toogeloo - Mason - Killed Night 5
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Porochaz »

Mothrax is LA due to stabbing his own hand.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:33 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

We had already forseen this during the night (and if we don't lynch scum today, I'm probably next).

@MOD: can I post in this topic something copied from me and toog's quicktopic?
~Toon fighter~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Porochaz »

If you could paraphrase it.
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Nothing has changed about my reads from yesterday. I would like to reread Zorblag just to confirm my thoughts but Tazaro was the scum read I was least sure about. Mothrax and Stef remain my scum choices
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Yeah I didnt post in here.
Last edited by Porochaz on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by mothrax »

I agree that stef is scumpick ATM. I need to reread taz though.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:31 am

Post by mothrax »

Actually, after re-reading Taz, I'm not so sure about Stef... Taz mentions him too much and a lot of it seems forced. Now I don't know who to vote for...
5 players, 2 scum.
Town: Toon
Me
Scum comes from: Zorblag
: Stef
: Sandman
Something about sandman's play doesn't sit right with me but I am not sure what.
TF, since atm you are the only confirmed townie(with toogs death you are confirmed) Who do you think is scum and why)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Zorblag »

So Toogeloo's death isn't particularly surprising. The reason that I didn't want him to talk about the inevitability of it towards the end is that I think it was almost certainly the right move for the scum to make but the scum night kills don't seem to have been particularly ideal throughout the game. I had some hope that scum would avoid killing masons one more time and take me out (given that I seemed to be the non-mason who was least suspect in the eyes of the non-masons and I've had scum decide to take me out in other places when it wasn't really to their benefit.) The less encouragment scum got to make the right move the better.

At this point I am as certain as I can be in a game like this that Toon Fighter is town. I still think that Mr.Sandman is town based on his play this game compared to the scum game that I've seen. I can still see plenty of reasons to suspect both mothrax and Stef.

Tazaro flipping Godfather with no cop in the game means that there's a decent chance that he was night kill immune. The only difference that makes at this point is that when we're looking at who was killed on various nights it makes it less likely that Oso blocked a kill on a given night in that AGar could have lost his kill night two by targetting Tazaro. It slightly raises the chances that all the kills (other than Benmage) have been made by the mafia in particular.

At this point I would like to hear what Toon Fighter had to share about what was said in the quick topic (which should be clear based on what I said at the end of the day yesterday) and what Stef has to say to open the day.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

I first thought that Mr. Sandman or Stef would be the best candidates for lynching today. Toog agreed, but he suspected that moth could be bussing Tazaro, but I doubted it, and he suspected Zorblag because he turned more talkative lately. He reread the game, and he thought that, on the second to last page, Taz was trying to get moth to vote him to remove suspicions from him (either that or he was still hoping we would mislynch moth). Here's some information for us to digest on.

I agree with him, and moth is still a suspect, but Stef would be a better one because he tried to delay Taz's lynch.
~Toon fighter~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

Stef and Sandman have posted. Zorb and moth also need to post soon. Activity is abysmal.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by mothrax »

I am not sure about stef because of his interactions with Taz. Taz points to him a lot and I can't really tell if it is distancing or newbscum buddying. I know it isn't newbscum, but I am certain that taz would more than likely interact that wa with a buddy. That makes me confident enough in myself to
Vote Stef

I'm going to regret not following my gut, but my brain says stefscum
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Apologies, I'm struggling for time right now but things should clear up within a couple of days I hope
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Zorblag »

Looking back at Stef's interactions with the known mafia I see a pattern of attacks that don't bring any real pressure on them followed by no pressure on them after the day you make the attack. With Benmage the attack came day one and with Tazaro it was day three. In both cases you were pretty happy voting for them at the time but then never made any sort of move to go back to it after the day ended. It looks a lot like distancing to me. I think that I'd noted the Benmage part of that previously, now we've got a second member of the mafia to look at and I see the same pattern.

mothrax never seems to have put any particular pressure on Benmage but he did interact more with Tazaro. Day two he went on a Tazaro kick for a while and voted him but then, apparently his vote had done what he wanted it to in Post 892 and although he makes mention of Tazaro as someone he suspect from time to time after that there's no move towards lynching him until end of the day yesterday when it was getting to be fairly clear that Tazaro was the lynch.

At this point if there are two scum at least one of the two of them has to be scum from my perspective (which isn't surprising at all as they're also my top two suspects.) I guess one big question to ask would be do we think that if they're scum together that mothrax would cast the first vote for Stef. If they are both scum then it certainly behooves them to try to get anyone else lynched and while they'd only need one misvote and mothrax doesn't seem to be trying to do that despite the fact that it looks like there should be some potential openings to try for. Stef not posting makes it harder to figure out the likelihood but I'm not particularly convinced that mothrax is the sort of player who would go for the bus here if he was left simply to his own devices which is troublesome.

I'll take a look at Mr.Sandman's interactions with both Benmage and Tazaro as well as mothrax and Stef this afternoon. If Stef and mothrax aren't a scum team then he has to be the one that I'm misreading here. If that's then it matters a fair amount more which of Stef or mothrax we lynch today. At this point I'd pick Stef over mothrax but I'd like to get my overall read settled a bit before I do anything more.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”