Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Fate »

WON IN SPITE OF A MOD ERRORRZ?

TRIPLE POINTZ
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

nah no mod error Red killed ckd. Coyote said he killed CKD. Khan likly made a copy and paste error when he posted that since Red did kill dutch a different night
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Fonz wrote:I was kinda fretting at the end, because poker behaved EXACTLY the same here as he did in choose carefully, when I similarly thought him scum and he was town. But in the end, I think I did as well as I could given RC's tunnel on me to make sure town could take out 2/3 of the unconfirmeds that weren't me.

Look, friend, you can beat me up all you want, but I'm pretty sure we both saw eye-to-eye on the prospect of our willingness to lose this game if username was town here.

Starbuck wrote:I never want to take away from the enjoyability of the game in the respect that you didn't want me here. Again, I wish you had said something to KK and Stepho could have replaced in instead of me. I see that I pretty much ruined whatever reputation I have because of TWD (your case showed that blatantly) and maybe I just need to stop playing mafia all together.

That's not my style.

Still, look, don't misunderstand me, Starbuck. I said it in TWD and I'll say it here. You and me both know this is just a dumb forum game. There are so many millions and millions of things more important in this world than this. I'm not going to lie to you, I was disappointed in seeing your name pop up, but, still, I don't think any less of you as a person. Your ability to play some dumb game has no real bearing on who you are as a person. I've seen your posts in GD and elsewhere; I know how wonderful and brave you must be as a human being. Neither this nor TWD has any reflection on that whatsoever, at least not in my eyes. I just hope you don't think I'm out to belittle you here personally in anyway. I mean, again, honestly I'd rather not play the game of Mafia with you for the forseeable future, but that says nothing about your real life character or what I may or may not think of it. None of us in this game really know one another except for what we've shared about ourselves outside of the context of the game.

I guess what I'm saying is please don't feel like I'm meaning to emotionally beat you up here. That's really not my intention. I just can't help but be frustrated with some of the game-based decisions you make when we play the game together.

PF wrote:@red don't feel bad. As a lover of the vig role you did well. Shot 3 out of 5 scum. Only mistake you made was suspecting Fonz. I can't fault you for suspecting me

I'm trying not to... it's just that I can't tell you how much thought process I put into this game over the ~5 months I was in it. I hate being town so much, let alone a townie with any sort of responsibility to lead. I mean, I don't hate it, I guess. That's kind of a strong word. I just dislike the idea of being town so much to begin with that this game really ate at me for a long time. I mean, I know it's cliche to say, but I honestly did go through everyone as a suspect multiple times. I'm sure every townie does this, but, it's like, I really felt like we had this one. And username is sitting here shrugging like it ain't no thing. It hurts so damn bad to lose this way.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by Starbuck »

All I ask RC is to give me a fair chance when I'm not replacing into an 80+ page game.

If its not your style, why did you bring it up in the first place? You made me feel like absolute crap. You even implied that I was doing the same thing as TWD and used it as a case. I apologize for trying a different playstyle, but is this game and TWD the only games you ever played with me? If so, I ask that you take a look at my Wiki and read through games before TWD.

If me replacing in bothered you this much, again, you should have said something whether it was your style or not. I gave up on blacklists. I'll even play with chesskid again because as you said its just a forum game. Holding grudges over a game on the internet is a waste of time and energy. I'm going to sign up for whatever games I want to play regardless.

All I'm trying to say is to not judge my 2 years of playing by 2 games.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Xalxe »

DGB is trying to make me wear a spongebob avatar because of this game.

Make her stop!
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

TAKE YOUR PUNISHMENT LIKE A MAN, Bundy!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Xalxe »

Where the hell do you get Bundy from Xalxe/Spongebob/Gaga?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Chevre »

Popping in to say that my short-lived time in this game was fun, and I found RedCoyote to be an extremely good player. :D
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by The Fonz »

RedCoyote wrote:
Fonz wrote:I was kinda fretting at the end, because poker behaved EXACTLY the same here as he did in choose carefully, when I similarly thought him scum and he was town. But in the end, I think I did as well as I could given RC's tunnel on me to make sure town could take out 2/3 of the unconfirmeds that weren't me.

Look, friend, you can beat me up all you want, but I'm pretty sure we both saw eye-to-eye on the prospect of our willingness to lose this game if username was town here.

Initially. But that entire plan was framed around the notion that you were utterly, irredeemably tunneled on me, and that there was absolutely nothing I could do to get around that, so I had to come up with a plan to give the town the best chance of winning despite it. I was pretty much boxed in once Poker started to look town, because the only way to save the town in the scenario where poker was also town was to argue for my own survival, and I fully expected if I did that that you'd think the whole thing was a gambit and want to kill me even more. It wasn't worth the stress, so I left it in your hands. At the end of the day, there's only so much you can do.

Starbuck wrote:All I ask RC is to give me a fair chance when I'm not replacing into an 80+ page game.

Well, all we asked is that you actually put some effort into replacing into this game, and not just go 'I'm not going to contribute.
Vote: Whoever said it was scummy I'm not contributing.
' Look, I had a really hard time getting into this one too, as I said. The noise:signal was off the charts. But it's my philosophy in general that when people decide to go 'I'm going to be as antitown as possible and dare you to lynch me' that I do (though to be fair, I my main reason for suspecting you the day after Fate's flip had very little to do with you, and everything to do with Fate's meta for hardcore bussing).
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I never said that I wasn't going to contribute. I did contribute in my own way because I wanted to try something different.

It was one fucking game and it's not like either of you were voting for username either. Hell, you both were pretty well pushing that he was town.

I never said that I was going to be as antitown as possible. What you need to do is to stop putting words in my mouth that never came out of it.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Ouch. I'm really sorry for flaking Starbuck's slot.
In retrospect what should have been a replace out was inevitable, but if I get in a place in life where it's possible to play mafia again, I'll replace into megagames.
iam is unbelievably good at looking town in the early bread and butter play.
I skimmed a bit of the end and with strong players all around it was a pleasure to follow.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”