Jack of All Trades

There Will Be Bloodshed (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Mod:
Slaxx
Comod/Flavor Provider:
Nicodemus

Just so you have a copy of my rules before signing up, nothing real unusual here (Ripped from Trumpet of Doom with a few moderations):
1. This is a game. Play to win, but also to have fun.
2. Votes must be in bold for them to count, like this:
Vote: Parama
or VOTE: DemonHybrid. Unvoting is not necessary, but your fellow players will appreciate it. Misspellings and other small format errors count as long as I can make out who it is for. The only exception to this is unbolded votes, which will NOT count.=
3. Vote counts will be as close to the top of the page as I can put them.
4. I may be God, but I am not infallible. If I make a mistake, please tell me.
5. While the game is going on, do not discuss it except when and where I specifically allow you to.
6. Similarly, do not quote private mod-player communications. You may paraphrase, though. If you're not sure if it crosses the line, run it by me.
7. Days will be deadlined at two weeks. Except for replacements, these are non-negotiable. At deadline, half of a majority will be required to lynch. There will be no reduced number of votes when there are 7 or fewer players.
8. V/LA: If it's in-thread, I'll see it. If it's in your sig, I'll see it. If you send me a PM, I'll see it, and I'll post it in-thread. If it's in the V/LA thread, I'll probably miss it. If I don't know about it, it is your fault. If it is too long, I'll ask for you to find your own replacement. (You may talk with your replacement before you have to leave.)
9. Prods will go out after 48 hours without a post (unless the player is on V/LA). The proddee will then have 48 hours to post in thread or they will be replaced. If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod; similarly, if you return before I find a replacement, you can stay in the game. If you can't keep up, ask to be replaced out, or I will make the decision for you. I do not want to constantly be prodding players.
10. If enough players are voting for No Lynch to make any other majority impossible, the day will end in No Lynch.
11. When a lynch is reached, the game will enter twilight until I come to lock the thread. All players alive during that day may talk during twilight, but don't expect it to be particularly long.
12. Nights will last approximately 48 hours.
13. If you die, stop posting until after the game is over. You are allowed one "bah" post provided it contains no game-related content (something like "Go town!" is acceptable; something like "My tracking results were X and Y" is not).
14. If, for whatever reason, I decide to edit your post, it will be in blue bold. Don't use that style.
15. Anything that would be illegal to actually do is also illegal to fake.
16. If I find that I've left something off, or that something needs clarification, I reserve the right to update these rules. I will tell you if/when that happens.
17. ***No PM to me during the night=no night action. I will post a deadline for the night, but if I am running late and you get your PM before I reopen the thread I will count the action.***

Alive
:
6. Hoppster
ConfidAnon

8. TwoHeadedBoy (InflatablePie+Fugitive)
9. Hiraki...
DLG

13. IceyCupcake (GreyICE+Katsuki)
14. nhammen
15. C-worl
16. Zdenek
Romanus...[winger]

17. Pine
19. silverbullet999

Not Alive (Dead):

Spoiler:
10. Friend,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1
5. AGar,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1
7. Jerbs,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2.
1. Parama,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 2.
18. evilpacman18
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 3.
11. Calcifer (Nachomomma8+Mastin),
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.
2. Antihero,
Town Cop
, lynched day 4.
4. diddin,
Town Double Voter
, was killed Night 4.
3. Empking,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched day 5.
12. Wraith,
Bodyguard
, was killed Night 5
Last edited by Slaxx on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 am, edited 27 times in total.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Flavor will be up when Nicodemus signs on, he has it written up. Nicodemus will be comodding this, so if you hate me for some reason you can talk to him about any problems or questions you might encounter. Good luck, role PMs have been randomized and are going out now. This topic will be unlocked when 17 have confirmed.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Midday in the small Texas town of Spindletop. The customary ringing of the noonday bells was noticeably absent, as the tiny village church had closed its doors some days prior. It wasn’t that no one wanted religion any longer – far from it. But attendance had been down ever since the minister had taken a bullet through his throat during the call to worship, and parishioners decided en masse that they could just as easily be saved in the safety of their own homes. For a few days, at least. It wasn’t long, though, before the bullets that brought down Father Pierce were finding their way through locked doors and bolted windows and into those parts of the body that are most necessary for continued existence. Spindletop was a small town to begin with, and this crime wave of unprecedented proportions decimated the populace. In desperation, a town meeting had been called in the hopes that those responsible for the killings could be found.
A cool breeze swept through the square as the townsfolk began to assemble. The newly installed sound system was already running, playing jaunty marches that faded horribly into the silence of the day. The townspeople stood in a loose semi-circle around the bandstand, casting dark looks this way and that as The Stars and Stripes Forever blared joyfully. Standing just to the right of the bandstand was Mayor Thomas Slade, a large man with an impressive mustache, and as the recording trumpeted the final notes and the townsfolk clapped half-heartedly he quickly climbed the stairs to the podium and addressed the small crowd.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls-”
A voice rang from the back. “What boys and girls? They’re all gone ain’t they?” A shocked look crossed Mayor Slade’s face, before being replaced by one of righteous indignation.
“Yes, of course they are, and none are more saddened by that than I am. But you sir, you know the reason why they are no longer with us. And so does everyone else here!”
A murmur of agreement ran through the crowd as the man at the podium ran a hand across his face.
“Yes, we all know the cause. We’ve been talking about it in hushed whispers in back rooms for months now, but it’s time to get it out in the open. We are being held captive by those sons of BITCHES over at Texaco, and finally I say enough is enough. We can’t run anymore. We must stand and fight. It is our duty as Texans, as Americans, as Goddamned human beings, and we will prevail!”
This time the cheering was sincere and strong, and the mayor smiled back with confidence.
“I know we can stop them. I’ve known everyone here my entire life, and I know how honest and how intelligent you all are. If everyone works together, I know we can find those in our midst responsible for the murders of our family and friends, and we’ll make them pay for the bloodshed they’ve brought to Spindletop!”
Another cheer rang out from the crowd, and as the townsfolk clapped something else rang out as well – a single gunshot. Mayor Slade jerked backwards and then lurched forward, his eyes rolling in his head. Screams rose from the crowd, matching and surpassing the sounds of their cheers a moment before. The townspeople rushed forward to help their fallen mayor, but it was far, far too late.
The townsfolk stood looking down at their leader in silence. And then, as one, they began to walk slowly towards the large oak tree which grew in the corner of the square. The oak tree, which, just a few hours previously, had been outfitted with a noose, a platform, and a trapdoor.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Slaxx »

15 have confirmed, thats enough for me, especially considering how fast it occurred. Lets get this show on the road.

Not voting:
Parama, Cookie_Of_Death, Empking, diddin, AGar, ConfidAnon, Jerbs, TwoHeadedBoy , DLG, Friend, Calcifer , GreyICE, nhamen, C-worl, [winger], Pine, evilpacman18, silverbullet999

19 Alive, 10 to lynch, Deadline 2 weeks from this moment.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Vote: Cookie_of_Death

It'll try to sucker you in with sweetness and then BAM! You're dead.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Cookie_of_Death »

You've stripped me of my humanity, and now I'm an "it." :(

I hate you.

VOTE: C-Worl
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Pine »

Checking in. I'm not actually a big fan of random voting stages, so instead I'll introduce myself. My background with this game is mostly from many years of playing it with the kids and staff at the children's camp I've worked at for the last 10 years. I learned it in college, and introduced a tamer version than is played here to the camp. Mafia kidnapped victims, and instead of lynchings, people got arrested. That sort of thing.

I've played a few games on forums, and I learned in a big damn hurry that most of the skills I'd honed in live games were utterly useless in this medium, such as reading body language, analyzing tone and inflection, and straight-up looking people in the eye and asking them blunt questions. Despite that, I've done a lot of research on the Mafiascum wiki on theory, though I'm sure there are some gaps in my ad hoc education.

A word about my playstyle: I'm brash and aggressive, and like to challenge
everyone
, a few people at a time. So don't be surprised if I suddenly launch into a detailed analysis of your actions so far and read entirely too deeply into them. Over the course of the first week or so, I intend to put everyone, likely including myself, under the microscope. The second week, I'll follow up on any leads gained from the first, and look into them a bit more. The idea is that Pro-Town doesn't really have much to hide, but scum has
everything
to hide, and I believe intense, proactive, individual examination to be better tactically than to cast one's net wide and hope to catch scum in their slip-ups.

I think I've rambled enough...let the inane, meaningless votes continue. I find that they're often not so innocent after all.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Pine »

Well, Cookie, until you set a gender, I am resolved to refer to you as an 'it' as well. Bugs me not to know which pronoun to use.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by C-Worl »

With a name like Cookie_of_Death I don't know if you're a guy or a girl. Then again this is the internetz so would it be safe to assume you're a dude?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Cookie_of_Death »

Pine wrote:Well, Cookie, until you set a gender, I am resolved to refer to you as an 'it' as well. Bugs me not to know which pronoun to use.
Nah, I like the ambiguity it creates.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by Friend »

vote: DLG
because of how damn guilty he made me feel.

Pine, why don't you like random voting stages when you're implying that you can gain information out of these "not-so-innocent" votes?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Friend »

Also, hi everyone I know and everyone I don't. Looking forward to awesomeness.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Friend »

C-Worl, can you get an avatar? It makes it easier for everyone to recognize you.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by C-Worl »

I don't wanna. But alright. Anyone wanna see Natalie Portman in a thong as my avitar?
Show

[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Post by [winger] »

Vote: C-Worl

Natalie Portman is so overrated.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote; Friend
- Trying to get C-Worl to have an avvatar. Not completely random.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Pine »

[winger] wrote:Natalie Portman is so overrated.
Clearly, you didn't see Black Swan.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
[winger]
[winger]
Goon
[winger]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:10 am

Post by [winger] »

Oh, I did. Mila Kunis was way hotter. :P
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:17 am

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Friend

WELCOME BACK!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:19 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Vote: evilpacman18

He's clearly evil. It's in his name.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Parama »

vote: Calcifer

REEEEVEEEEEENGE
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:05 am

Post by DLG »

Howdy, all.

VOTE: TwoHeadedBoy 'cause two headed = two faced = scum.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Calcifer »

I'll let Nacho handle the RVS. My RVS antics are...less than appreciated. :P

In the mean time, I'll be meta'ing all of you to get a general idea of how you people play as scum and as town, just to get a feel for you as a player: what's normal from you, what's normally town for you, what's normally scummy for you, etc. And I'm analyzing the votes right now. For your sanities, I better not post the conclusions. :P

-Mastin half.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 am

Post by Calcifer »

Pine: Quick note to you, as I love teaching:

Spoiler: Ask DLG and my other half--I like doing this a lot
Those skills you honed? They're not worthless in this medium--just warped; the trick is figuring out how to find them.
Body language? Replaced by wording. Certain things are worded in a town-way, others in a scum-way.
Tone? Still there--I, for example, am pretty good generally at reading people's emotions through posts. If you see a reaction which looks faked, guess what? You've found scum.
Asking questions?
Arguably one of the most important parts of the game.

And, apparently, I'll quite enjoy playing with you. (Similar styles and all that.)
Oh, and I take back what I said before. I'm not going to post the reasons (they're quite insane), but I'll give you my conclusions.

{C-Worl, Cookie, Friend, winger} contains at least one--probably two--scum.

Empking is town.
AGar is town.
ConfidAnon is leaning-town.
Parama is probably town.
DLG is town.
Pine is neutral. I want him to be town, because if he is, then awesomeness will follow. :)

-Mastin.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:27 am

Post by nhammen »

VOTE: ConfidAnon

For killing me in NY 118.

Also, I have a test tomorrow and on Thursday, so don't expect anything from me until then. Of course, after this is spring break, so I can be very active then.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”