Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Uite: this video is an accurate representation of you. Lurking out of the way all game, doing fuck all, and missing the obvscum. 40 posts in a 54 page game ain't good enough.
Zepher - how on earth you managed to misinterpret a comment on Nobody Special, who I had given zero thought to and who had been lurking all D1, where I stated I was just gonna give him a pass, as not being a fairly obvious breadcrumb of my result is fucking unintelligible to me. Even in the dead QT, we were absolutely positive you were scum because of that/your shitty claim. "Oh, I'm a JOAT, oh, whoops, I don't really have three actions, despite mentioning that several times, my bad".
Mastin - fuck you, and fuck your shit.
Scum - Pine: well played. Seriously, to pull that off at LyLo with a non-existent teammate takes some balls. Amor: Shame you had to go down to Mastin's bollocks, really, because if you'd gotten past that, you were probably scot-free. Nhammen: while I can't exactly criticize the result, the only reason you got away with lurking so much is because the three fuckin' amigos here did everything but put the game on a silver platter for you.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

silverbullet999 wrote:It wasn't just cause it was tricycles?

Ice doesn't hate me? Or was that Darth... ?

ICE and I were both frustrated with you. Hate is a strong word, I try not to hate. Speaking only for myself, I'd be fine playing a game with you again. But it was irritating for both of us, I think. Also, I said this in the QT, but I take issue with how you treated Uite post-game. Yeah, Uite's play was a great big ball of suck, but that doesn't excuse calling him a c***.

Quadz wrote:Yes, I am aware. However, saying "oh, it's ok I outed them cause it woulda happened either way" is a bad, bad reason.

THIS, THIS, A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. Mastin, we (the mason crew) would NOT have been outed on D1 in THIS game before your ill-advised daycop gambit. Screw what happens in other games, in THIS game, it was not going to happen D1, and I maintain that Amor was scummy enough that he would have been lynched in the game anyways. I am with ICE on this one--I need to take a nice, long, break from playing Mafia with you.

MrZepher, on a similar note, I will swear by this rule 99 times out of 100--VTs should NEVER, EVER claim PRs. Your JOAT claim was colossally short-sighted and should never have happened. What the heck were you thinking?

You'll see this in the dead QT, but I was basically howling over how long Pine was allowed to live as a claimed PR. I am STUNNED that this town lynched NS after KoC's breadcrumb (though I also think NS played really, really poorly for being a one-shot BP).

I realize this reads like a rant from me, and I am honestly probably less irritated than I sound here, but this game was really painful to watch. Apathetic townies and ridiculous fakeclaims from town absolutely sunk our side. I honestly don't even think the scum played particularly well, except for Nhammen, who did a good job of avoiding sustained suspicion. Town lost this game for itself, plain and simple.

Quadz, you did a solid job modding. I also got a kick out of all the tricycle pictures.

PEdit: KoC, I actually think Thor deserves the most credit for the Amor lynch, not Mastin.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:42 pm

mastin2 wrote:Hey, guys?

Guess what?

I investigated Silver as innocent during the day!
Yes this is a serious claim of using a daycop ability.

Now get off that wagon, 'kay?

Thor might have pushed the Amor lynch, but silverbullet was the primo lynch (at L-1, flailing for his life) D1 until Mastin claimed to have an innocent result on him.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Pine »

Scum played the hand that was dealt, DY. No way I'd have pulled some of the ballsy shit I did with other people.

That said, we took who we wanted into LyLo. None of our NKs were random.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Pine wrote:Scum played the hand that was dealt, DY. No way I'd have pulled some of the ballsy shit I did with other people.

That said, we took who we wanted into LyLo. None of our NKs were random.

I'll rephrase--your night game, yes, hats off, I can definitely see why you took the players you did to LyLo. Well done there, absolutely.

Your day game was shit. Amor and DK were scummy pretty quick on D1, and your fakeclaim meant that any competent town would have policy lynched you before LyLo. Sorry.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Yoshi pretty much said it. Except way nicer than I would have. Just add in some swearing and Yoshi's post would have pretty much been what I would have said if I wasn't already down about non mafia related things and not feeling like venting stupid things over a game.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

@Yoshi
ICE and I were both frustrated with you. Hate is a strong word, I try not to hate. Speaking only for myself, I'd be fine playing a game with you again. But it was irritating for both of us, I think. Also, I said this in the QT, but I take issue with how you treated Uite post-game. Yeah, Uite's play was a great big ball of suck, but that doesn't excuse calling him a c***.

Fair enough, I sometimes like to frustrate people and cause them to slip... the degrees of success vary greatly thus sometimes... with this time being an utter failure.

I toss curse words for the most part somewhat easily when i'm pissed (or feign to be pissed for different reasons). When I'm super pissed I'll tend to be over the top. I literally got super heavy pissed at the arrogance of post 1374 and frankly think he deserved every little bit of what I said.
... People were right it seems....
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Pine »

Yoshi, I think that if you re-read your statement, in light of the fact that I won in LyLo, my point may be made clear.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Oh the game ended.

I realized shortly before NS was lynched how totally retarded I was.
I somehow thought my fake claim would work. Oh well.

Also, Uite I told you, but I completely understand why you didn't listen to me.
or something like that....
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Amor »

Wow, I guess we managed to pull that out of the fire. Big ups to Pine and nhammen, a.k.a. the competent half of the scumteam.

Fun fact: This was the second game in a row I got lynched D1 due to a VT fakeclaiming daycop. I hate gambits.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Pine wrote:Yoshi, I think that if you re-read your statement, in light of the fact that I won in LyLo, my point may be made clear.

I'm not following, but then again, I'm pretty dumb. What I'm saying is that you winning LyLo is a moot point, I get that you brought who you wanted to LyLo. My point is that you should never have made it that far because a competent town would have policy lynched you well in advance of LyLo for being a claimed PR who was never targeted for a NK.

@Quadz: One comment I actually do have about your modding, having finally skimmed the scum QT--during N1, your "Hopefully, DK gets here soon..." comment, in light of his NK target, to me it seemed the appropriate fill-in-the-blank to that ellipsis was "...because you really shouldn't be using a NK on Mastin." I may well just be reading too much into this, with the benefit of hindsight and whatnot, but I do firmly believe, based partly on experience, that a mod's involvement in a QT during the game should be as neutral as humanly possible.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:

Guess what?

Thor might have pushed the Amor lynch, but silverbullet was the primo lynch (at L-1, flailing for his life) D1 until Mastin claimed to have an innocent result on him.

Yeah, at which point Mastin pushed a SZS lynch HARD. Only after we claimed, with hours before the deadline, did Mastin settle for Amor, which Thor had been arguing for seemingly for ages. It takes a few somersaults to give Mastin that credit, IMO.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 pm

DarthYoshi wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:

Guess what?

Yeah, at which point Mastin pushed a SZS lynch HARD. Only after we claimed, with hours before the deadline, did Mastin settle for Amor, which Thor had been arguing for seemingly for ages. It takes a few somersaults to give Mastin that credit, IMO.

Without Mastin's intervention, silver was gonna hang, and that Amor lynch probably wouldn't have happened without him fucking up later in the game, since he was a Godfather and all.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Hi.

This game NEVER HAPPENED.

That is all.

:shifty:
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Pine »

Heh. Why's that, NS?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

BECAUSE I SUCK OKAY
....what?

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:03 am

Post by quadz08 »

DarthYoshi wrote:
@Quadz: One comment I actually do have about your modding, having finally skimmed the scum QT--during N1, your "Hopefully, DK gets here soon..." comment, in light of his NK target, to me it seemed the appropriate fill-in-the-blank to that ellipsis was "...because you really shouldn't be using a NK on Mastin." I may well just be reading too much into this, with the benefit of hindsight and whatnot, but I do firmly believe, based partly on experience, that a mod's involvement in a QT during the game should be as neutral as humanly possible.

Mmm, right. I totally didn't intend it that way; I just meant that it would if the scumteam didn't get to talk with all 4 of the team involved. I can see how that could be taken the way you pointed out, though. Apologies!
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Pine »

I wouldn't have let us NK Mastin N1, I was 3/4 convinced he was a PGO at the time.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Maxous »

Thanks for the moderation Quadz.

Guys - don't fake claim power roles if you don't have one. Both claims strongly helped screw the town over.
I actually agreed with Uite's vote, I would of also went for the Zepher/Silver team.
The mafia team was the better team after D3 onwards and duly won. It certainly was not one of my better games personally.
We were a bit unlucky that the 2 strongest town players were mason lovers but
luck of the draw
I suppose.

Pine is really good at faking emotion, I will have to remember that.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Nobody Special wrote:Hi.

This game NEVER HAPPENED.

That is all.

:shifty:

I mean, except for the great modding. That can stay.
....what?

jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Yes, cheers to quadz for fabulous modding!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

DarthYoshi wrote:PEdit: KoC, I actually think Thor deserves the most credit for the Amor lynch, not Mastin.

I would give Mastin the props for killing the Silver wagon (though I wanted it dead too...I just wasn't willing to falseclaim Daycop to do it ;)
But there was a reason I was grumping at my mason buddies kinda hard about that wagon while it was happening.
I don't think mastin helped catch Amor *other* than killing the Silver wagon though, so as far as that goes I agree that I'm awesome and should be loved ;)

mastin2 wrote:Mason-outing would have been done by me regardless.
Or if not me, SOMEONE. (And woulda been a good thing, but the lover thing...)

Masons pretty much always get outed on Day One.

:?
Ah...no. Masons got outted because you fakeclaimed a Day Doc and helped advance a false premise case of 'if this one isn't scum than that one is' without bothering to look at the players buying into that false premise so easily, which would have helped lead you to certain scum, natch.

I will say again, as I did in the Dead QT, I actually thought your Daycop fake claim was fine, pro-town, and perfectly functional (though I wish your scumhunting afterwards had been better ;) ) Most of your fakeclaims thereafter were kinda terribad and a spiral of confusing town though - and confused town is weak and uncoordinated town, and that strongly helps scum.

Also, I've been a Mason three times and this is the only game I was outed on Day 1 in, so...meh to your logic.

I think we need Thor dead. He is too accurate, and is not suspicious of the people we need him suspicious of.

The ultimate mark of respect for dying Night 1 - thank you :D

I pretty much agree with quadz on how this town went down after a strong opening. Hats off to the scumm0rz, hope I have a chance to lynch you again sometime.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

Bah. Missed 3 times, should have shot Pine when I had the chance -.-

Stupid Zepher and Mastin fakeclaims cost town the game
~Toon fighter~
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Maxous wrote:Thanks for the moderation Quadz.

Guys - don't fake claim power roles if you don't have one. Both claims strongly helped screw the town over.
I actually agreed with Uite's vote, I would of also went for the Zepher/Silver team.
The mafia team was the better team after D3 onwards and duly won. It certainly was not one of my better games personally.
We were a bit unlucky that the 2 strongest town players were mason lovers but
luck of the draw
I suppose.

Pine is really good at faking emotion, I will have to remember that.

Maxous, thing is if you were alive, you might have actually done some scumhunting.. or at least posted actual content and I might have thought you were actually town.

I figured Uite was scum so again was naturally not surprised by his vote because of his lack of content and his 180 while fully withholding info.

If I actually had info and realized what Uite was thinking, then maybe I could have convinced him otherwise but he didn't do anything.
... People were right it seems....
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:48 am

Post by nhammen »

I liked the name. As soon as the Third Wheel Mason flipped, I was like "Oohhhh! That's why it's called Tricycle! Cuz of the lovers and the third-wheel."

BTW, I will be taking a month and a half long hiatus from mafia to study for prelims. Maybe I will be able to be more active upon my return.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”