New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:30 am

Post by glowball »

Really I am sorry for ruining the spirit of the game, but I learned a lesson. I need to pick a better hydra partner, I mean I hydra'd so I wouldn't get stuck with more work and because HE wanted to play this game but then I got too overwhelmed with my life and other games that I just failed big time.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:33 am

Post by bvoigt »

Good game, Reck and everyone. I can't believe they listened to you with the no-Godfather spiel.

My gut feeling about Reck/chkballin was right, but I didn't really have anything to back it up.

Shouldn't the day continue with a scum modkill?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I TOLD YOU ALL THERE WAS PROBABLY A GODFATHER.

Ahem.

Sorry. Better now.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Wraith »

There was some funny shit going on early-game:

NY134 Action Summary

Night ONE

Thor665 (Two-Shot Vig) shoots jilynne1991 (PGO) FAILS
LOL
chkballin (Mafia Roleblocker) blocks Thor665 (Vig)
ROFL
Zihark (Mafia Goon) shoots Tomie Uzumaki (VT)
Palisade (SK) shoots kryptinen (Cop)
kryptinen (Cop) investigates Thor665 (Vig) FAILS
BeaverWeasel (Cop) investigates Celebloki (VT)
PeregrineV (Doctor) protects xRECKONERx (Mafia Godfather)
LMAO

Night TWO

NobodySpecial (Cop) investigates SleepyKrew (Mafia Goon)
Ouch
Palisade (SK) shoots Kublai Khan (VT)
PeregrineV (Doctor) protects NobodySpecial (Cop)
chkballin (Mafia Roleblocker) blocks Celebloki (VT)
Made a mistake here and forgot to tell Celebloki
Thor665 (Two-Shot Vig) shoots JDGA (Mafia Goon)
Double-ouch
Auckmid (Mafia Goon) shoots 65536 (VT)

Night THREE

NobodySpecial (Cop) investigates Palisade (SK)
Thor665 (Two-Shot Vig) chooses NO ACTION
chkballin (Mafia Roleblocker) blocks Palisade (SK)
Auckmid (Mafia Goon) shoots Palisade (SK) FAILS
Palisade (SK) does not send in an action

Night FOUR

Palisade (SK) shoots Parabollocks (VT) FAILS
chkballin (Mafia Roleblocker) blocks Palisade (SK)
xRECKONERx (Mafia Godfather) shoots Thor665 (Two-Shot Vig)
NobodySpecial (Cop) investigates xRECKONERx (Mafia Godfather) (receives INNOCENT)
Thor665 (Two-shot Vig) does not send in an action

Night FIVE

Palisade (SK) shoots Taro (VT)
chkballin (Mafia Roleblocker) blocks NobodySpecial (Cop)
xRECKONERx (Mafia Godfather) shoots Taro (VT)
NobodySpecial (Cop) investigates PeregrineV (Doctor) FAILS

Night SIX

NobodySpecial (Cop) investigates VinegarEater (PGO) FAILS
chkballin (Mafia Roleblocker) blocks NobodySpecial (Cop)
xRECKONERx (Mafia Godfather) shoots PeregrineV (Doctor)

Night SEVEN

NobodySpecial (Cop) investigates DrippingGoofball (VT)
xRECKONERx (Mafia Godfather) shoots NobodySpecial (Cop)

Night EIGHT

xRECKONERx (Mafia Godfather) shoots DrippingGoofball (VT)

Player Comments

Kublai Khan/sanchocolates:
:( sorry
JDGA:
Lurked too much, drew vig shot
KoC:
Did pretty well actually, called a scumbag and the SK, lynch was blatantly scum-driven
Fourseen Circumstances:
I hate trolling. I was very lenient this game and wanted to warn you multiple times but decided against it. I'm getting the feeling that you are pretty much just a new troll judging by some other games of yours I've read.
DGB:
Lurked too much and sheeped Reck too much to be useful. Still, you were fairly obvtown
VinegarEater:
I thought VE played alright but still pretty much just sheeped Reck's wagons. Astounded that Reck managed to get you lynched in the endgame.
bvoigt:
lurky, somewhat sheepy, I honestly don't know why the town lynched you other than fail-PoE
Palisade:
If I'd been playing your alignment would have been a toss-up...until Thor claimed. You would have died inevitably after the Vigclaim anyways though when the town didn't win after killing scum, but you managed to last an absurdly long time, which I credit mostly to town incompetence. Seriously, you should have been lynched immediately after Thor claimed.
Auckmid:
Newbieness didn't help the fact that you were both lurky and sheepy with Reck. Not surprised at how easy you were caught and lynched.
65536:
Honestly didn't see enough to have any real commentary
kryptinen:
Just unlucky, that's all I can say
PeregrineV:
Actually played a pretty good Doc game. Recognized and obviously true Cop claim and latched on, stayed off scum radar for so long that they didn't realize a Doc existed until late-game. Only complaint is over-lurkiness, as it put you on TOWN suspicion list. Also you should not have claimed Doctor during the last massclaim, because otherwise you could have done a lot more good IMO. Scum thought a Doc was protecting NS but had no suspicion that you were that Doctor.
Taro:
You played pretty badly. Lurked the hell out of everything, came out of lurking to bandwagon for no reason. Sorry, but it's true.
DK:
I've said all I've need to say on this matter. You lost what sympathy I might have had for your plight when you posted in-game after death.
NobodySpecial:
Probably the only competent (day) town player with Peregrine. Claim was clumsy but he held his own, didn't sheep Reck, and pegged some good investigation actions. Only complaint is over-lurkiness before losing the hydra. Seriously spot-on with those investigations, though.
Thor665:
Your early play was lackluster, mostly Reck-sheeping, but you aimed your shots well and later on started to break off from Reck. If you had remained alive with your second shot I feel you might have swung the game for the town.
xRECKONERx:
Flametastic play early on almost got you modkilled, and I doubt I'll be so lenient again. Still, you played pretty damn well despite and practically carried the scumteam. All that town sheeping could have won you the game if your goons had been more competent.
Parabollocks/Amrun:
Disappointed by imcredible lurkiness from Parabollocks. Amrun was the last hope for the town, but unfortunately replaced into a lurkscummy slot along with two "cop-confirmed" players
chkballin:
I don't know how you lived so long because you were scumtastic. The only way I can see it is because town sheeped Reck so goddamn hard. But then you blew up. If you hadn't blown up, gone quietly, and tried to implicate other players as you went, there might not have been such a risk of Reck being outed. I modkilled you because you were coming dangerously close to outing Reck. Otherwise I would have waited for the inevitable lynch.
Celebloki:
You should have been more proactive after NS confirmed you as town. That's all I have to say.
SleepyKrew:
Played alright and got hit by an unlucky investigation. Still, if Reck had been lynched (or even suspected) early on you would have died quickly after.
Tomie Uzumaki:
:( Sorry

Faction Comments

Town:
Generally incompetent. Sad and scathing, but true. Simply put, townies were divided into three categories: Players Who Lurked, Players who Sheeped Reck, and Players Who Did Both. Only TWO players were exceptions to these categories - NS and PeregrineV. I mean, good god, Reck should have died a horrible death after the SleepyKrew lynch. You almost lynched a claimed and obviously-confirmed cop TWICE "because Reck said so." The only one who realized this was PeregrineV, who was luckily the Doctor. Your PRs saved you, if other players had had them the Town would have lost much faster

Scum:
The Goons were also incompetent. I honestly expected the big-name players to carry both teams and that's why I specifically chose NS, Thor, Reck, and Palisade for the roles they got. Reck carried this team, hands-down. All the sheeping actually cleared obvscum chkballin of suspicion for some time, and he easily drove multiple mislynches, almost getting the CONFIRMED cop lynched as well. For the goons, lurking killed you. The sheeping of Reck alone could have been excusable as "but everyone else was" but the lurking drew the attention of the town PRs.

SK:
I think I covered this on the commentary on Palisade, but here's some more. Vig claim went surprisingly well, I expected you to be that day's lynch even after that. But when Thor claimed you should have immediately drawn suspicion, as Infini-shot Vig + 2 Cops is absurdly overpowered for the town even without the Doctor. Nevertheless, you would inevitably die after the claim, as said. At least your were somewhat proactive and didn't sheep Reck as hard as the townies. Bulletproof was smarter choice in hindsight, since it saved you from a sucmkill.

Setup Commentary

Like I said a lot in the dead QT, I probably overpowered the town with the Doctor. I either should have cut a shot from the Vig or made the Doc a Bodyguard instead and it would have been fine. Still I'm proud of this setup, mostly for the curve-ball of two Cops, a scenario that almost worked exactly how I'd intended it to (one Cop claims, other Cop CCs, Cop is lynched and flips, other Cop gets lynched/nightkilled next day). Still, it's not just a slight town imbalance, it's the fact that a very large scumteam of 5 had to rely on pretty much one player. The three Goons got lynched/killed practically in a row, and that's due to sheer incompetence. If the scum had had better players or played better, they could have easily won, I think, considering how bad most of this town was. I doubted the SK would win unless they were amazing (which is why I gave it to Pine/mastin) and for the most part Palisade killed off TOWNIES, not scum. So while the setup was maybe a little town-sided, it doesn't excuse bad scum play. Even less so does it excuse awful town play, considering how stacked you guys were by the time chkballin was dead. Seriously, three town PRs + three townies vs one Godfather. HOW did you blow that?

I don't think I'll throw in a PGO like that again, because it ALMOST brought this game to a draw. If Reck had endgamed with VE it would have been a draw, not a scumwin, because Reck would technically have been unable to kill VE without killing himself (which funny enough would have been a "scorched earth" SK win).

Oh, and final hat tally:

Mod - III
xRECKONERx - IIIII IIIII IIIII IIII
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:33 am

Post by glowball »

That was just generally mean
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

I figured there was a GF once Palisade flipped SK and was investigation-immune. But didn't think it was Reck :-(

I also kind of figured that I might not have actually protected NS on the nights with no kill, so he wasn't 100% confirmed in my mind. But his play was such that I believed his role enough to push the protected thing. Unfortunately he was RBed effectively once Palisade was dead.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I do apologize for how I treated Mist earlier in the game. I was in a bad place and flamed the hell out of her until she /outted. I'll leave that shit at the door next time.

I'm
not
sorry for how I treated DeityKabuto, though. In any case, I do feel my scumteam was fucked because of one completely inactive slot, one slot that lurked his way to a vig kill, and another slot that lurked his way to a cop investigation. I'm glad I delayed the glowball lynch as long as possible -- but that shit at the end was pretty much inexcusable (forgetting you're in a Normal game? claiming scum and giving town information on who your buddy is?). Regardless, we barely pulled this out by the skin of our teeth. Good game, all :)
green shirt thursdays
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:01 am

Post by glowball »

whoa I didn't give anyone information on who my buddy is. I agree I spoke too much but YOU in all your infinite arrogance kept egging me on, You could have just let it die once it was certain I'd be modkilled
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

If I didn't attack you, it'd be obvious I was your buddy. Seriously, how was I arrogant during any of that?

And you did give information on who your buddy is... and if you didn't, how did bvoigt know I was your buddy?
green shirt thursdays
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Slaxx »

l-o-l

Ive been vaguely lurking this game, good win Reck.

I thought for sure this would be a town win after the first few days.
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Parabollocks »

sorry bout the lurking, i got real busy and couldn't keep up with the game, i'm less busy now so hopefully next time will be different.

gg reck
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Palisade »

Palisade wrote:
Slightly Obsolete Analysis From Us wrote:We've had these power-role claims:
Cop (krypt, dead N1 [our vig, sowwy :(]), (Other) Cop (NS), two-shot Vig (Thor, dead N4), Paranoid Gun Owner (Jily/Vinegar), Full-Vig (us), doctor (
?--but
PeregrineV's
pretty much confirmed with so many missing scum kills), and Backup Roleblocker (chkballin).

It seems like at LEAST two claims would have to be false.

With a mediocre scumteam of 5, it can go many ways--
one lie
(this is most likely),
two lies
(doubtful), or maybe all true (extremely doubtful). With a 6-man scumteam, versus 7 power roles, it looks like that for symmetrical purposes,
one has to be lying

From this, we've concluded:
-If NS flips town, one of Vinegar and
chkballin
is scum, but the
other is town

However, the setup speculation is not finished. With 3 Goons, that means that
a scumteam of 5 would have to be incredibly powerful
(especially in the one-lie or all-true scenarios). We know one of their roles is a Roleblocker. That's pretty much confirmed. The other
would have to be Godfather
. (Whether it's
investigation-immune
or kill-immune, I dunno. It'd have to be one or the other, but not both
.)

If NS is town, the chances of an investigation-immune Godfather are higher, since two cops is overall stronger than one full-vig and another limited-shot vig.

NS has claimed to be roleblocked, last night. If NS is town and not lying, this implies to me that the scum are still afraid of him--that they fear his investigation. In other words, if NS is town, they still can be caught. This'd imply that either
1:
the godfather was
already
investigated
(leaving only goon/RB to be investigated, neither of which is a good thing for them)

Which means that if NS is town, {Celebloki,
Reck
} contains one scum. Making {Celebloki,
Reck
} and {[/b]chkballin[/b], Vinegar} be 2/3 of our scum.

...Unfortunately, we find it more likely that NS's claim IS legitimate. Where'd that roleblock go, if not onto NS? It was on us for two nights in a row, so it had to have gone somewhere else.

Which means one of {Vinegar,
chkballin
} is scum, one of {Celebloki,
Reck
} is prob-scum.
With the revelation that PeregrineV is a doctor who has protected our cop consistently, it pretty much
confirms what the above shows we already
suspected
. We'll be posting shortly the follow-up to this.

Our targets were Krypt N1, Khan N2, no player (but was supposed to be chkballin) N3 (Blocked anyway), Parabollocks N4 (blocked), and Taro N5.
We literally GAVE the town the scumteam, and we were ignored. We flat-out breadcrumbed that we knew there HAD to be a Godfather. We were given the choice between Kill-Immune and Lynch-Immune (already by default being Investigation-Immune), so we KNEW that a Godfather HAD to be in the game, and I speculated that they ALSO had a choice, between Kill-Immune and Lynch-Immune.

I could not have 'crumbed this harder without flat-out claiming SK-who-got-a-choice. Completely and totally ignored.

As I said in the dead QT,

SKs scumhunt, too, you know.

~Almond.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:13 am

Post by bvoigt »

Wait a second...you chose who got what roles?

I just remembered how chkflip was intentionally trying to make me angry. I wish I would have thought to bring that up before I got lynched.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 am

Post by bvoigt »

chkballin wrote:Reck's cocky attitude, suggests he's never been afraid of investigation and that rubs me the wrong way

chkballin wrote:Reck's attitude has just been overly confident the whole game.

chkballin wrote:Reck is running the show anyway

chkballin wrote:I am tired, and I am sorry to my teammate- but at this point I don't like them very much anyway

Hindsight is 20/20.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:19 am

Post by bvoigt »

And to be fair, the only time I really sheeped was with Fourseen. I was opposed to the lynch of both KoC and NS.
VinegarEater
VinegarEater
Goon
VinegarEater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:20 am

Post by VinegarEater »

Wasn't really a great game for me, but I had fun. I'll probably stick to minis in the future. With some exceptions (DK mainly) I'd play with all of you again.

Reck -
Well-played. Repeatedly, I returned to questioning whether you could have been a godfather, but you kept eliminating people as possible targets, which just didn't match my standard profile of scum.

Yeah, I did sheep you for most of the game. I'll have to stop assuming you know what you're talking about and put more faith in my own reads (I admittedly followed the rest when we went off and lynched Auckmid instead of Chkballin, assuming there had to have been a damned good reason.)

Palisade -
I know SKs scumhunt - I just didn't think you were a very good scumhunter.

Mod -
Thanks for an enjoyable game. Good setup, although crappy play on my part ruined it to some degree.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Palisade »

I know SKs scumhunt - I just didn't think you were a very good scumhunter.
Admittedly? Yeah, all of our main suspects aside from chkballin turned up town. We shot wrong multiple times, despite our best efforts. (Every single one of our shots was town-motivated, since we knew if we didn't shoot like a vig would, we were screwed.)

But we literally GAVE the town the last two scum when we pointed out NS was town, and exactly why we believed what we did--and we were entirely right on it, too. One scum in {chkballin, Vinegar}, one scum in {Celebloki, Reckoner}.

...We would've chosen wrong in both categories, but once chkballin flipped scum, we knew Vinegar was town. (This was before the mod PM'd us the link to the Graveyard, mind you. We got that link only after the modkill on chkballin.)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I didn't know non-random roles was allowed.
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Also interested to know. NS, why'd you investigate me?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

I pretty much did this game a disservice by not reading it completely, but I did what I could realistically do.

I did get to test out my scum analysis theory and just as I thought, it works really well.

I wish I'd stuck by it. VinegarEater and Celebloki had strong clears by it; Reck only had a couple of minor townpoints from it.

It is not so useful in finding buddies, but VERY useful in clearing town.

I'll refine it and it will be of infinitely more use in a game I actually read.

Thanks for letting me play and not getting too mean when I couldn't read properly. :(
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
VinegarEater
VinegarEater
Goon
VinegarEater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by VinegarEater »

Amrun -
Sorry, I was so rude about your playstyle. I still don't like it, but in retrospect it worked pretty well.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

SleepyKrew wrote:Also interested to know. NS, why'd you investigate me?

Reading back on Day Two, nothing jumps out at me. I think it was pretty much random, and I got Very, Very Lucky.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

>.>
<.<
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by monk »

Fun game
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Amrun »

VinegarEater wrote:Amrun -
Sorry, I was so rude about your playstyle. I still don't like it, but in retrospect it worked pretty well.

It's okay, but realize it's not really my playstyle, just a new technique I was trying out.

Ideally, it should be used when you have also read the game and can add it to and use it to inform more conventional methods.

I do think replacements are in a prime position to use it, though. They have fresh eyes and no preconceived reads.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”