NY136: The Death of ReaperCharlie (GAME OVER, Town win!)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 1848, ToastyToast wrote:I'll check that post out and I just skimmed yosarian again.
Hoping to make my decision by today, but bottom line is I'm making a decision b/w gut and logic, and as such it sucks ass

I don't really get why you are having negative gut feeling about me at this point; I've done everything I could to play to the town win condition all game, and done a good job at it, despite everything I was up against. If you have any specific questions about or problems with my play, I'll be glad to respond to them.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:47 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Yos wrote:We already know you're the scum rolecop, it's quite possible that you could have investigated Iece by this point and found out he was a two-shot vig.

You are flip flopping madly on this. One time it's "you're the scum rolecop, so you probably knew", then it's "scum had no way to know you were out of shots, Iecerint" and now we're back to "you're the scum rolecop, so you probably knew". Make up your mind.

Yos wrote:I don't think I've seen a gunsmith-proof godfather except that one weird game in, what was it, 2006, 2007, something like that, where all the godfather's kills were listed as "killed with a sword" instead of "shot".

Are you talking about Mafia 55: Yakuza? Not only was I in that game, i
was
the godfather who's "no gun" status made a scum win possible.

I've never considered gunsmith to be a role that catches group scum without fail. The idea that a "gunsmith-proof" scum-role would be considered non-normal is new to me. I remember people where upset after that game, but as far as I'm aware, it set the precedent that you indeed shouldn't blindly trust a "no-gun" result.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Toast, if your hesitation is because you really prefer to lynch Yos, we can do that. There are a handful of legit CTD towntells that my version of the world can't grapple with very well. (This goes both ways, though.)
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

No, thats not it. I just feel like I haven't given the two enough thought to make a decision. I usually know what I want to do by the time Lylo comes around, but I'm just at a loss. And skimming ISO's only do so much.

I will lay my vote down tonight. I think its time the game ends.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:02 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Vote:CTD
Apologies if I'm wrong, but he just fits better in connection to the other scum. I have my doubts, but less doubts than I do with Yosarian.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Amrun »

VC7.5

(0) Iecerint
(3) CrashTextDummie - Yosarian2, Iecerint, ToastyToast

(1) Yosarian2 - CrashTextDummie
(0) ToastyToast

Not Voting: NO ONE!!!

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

V/LA:

Spoiler: Vote History
Iecerint - CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie - Yosarian2
Yosarian2 - CrashTextDummie
ToastyToast - CrashTextDummie

A lynch has been reached (finally)! Flip upcoming.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Amrun »

After spending several days in freezing uncertainty, La Scallop finally reached a decision. Even though no more dead bodies had turned up, Bowser, Hydra, and MrBuddyLee's final words were still on everyone's minds. If there were no one else, who had killed DemonHybrid? The company was so pre-occupied with this that they could not continue rehearsal properly, even if the mysterious last member of the resistance had stopped killing. Still, he must be found.

CrashTextDummie, a member of the opera chorus, had professed a keen interest in rooting out this last member of the resistance. He even boasted that the reason the killings had stopped was because the resistance was scared of him. And indeed, he had been instrumental in the discovery of killerjester's treachery.

But something about him just wasn't right... ToastyToast, with the memory of DemonHybrid so fresh, wanted vengeance. He remembered the way CrashTextDummie had sometimes looked at DemonHybrid - with jealousy, maybe even contempt. Who else would kill poor DemonHybrid?

When a consensus was reached, La Scallop fired CrashTextDummie. Unlike his partners in crime, he did not make a big fuss. He simply nodded and said, "You will regret this. By killing our dream, you have killed art."

He had been left with a large burden, and he had failed. As it turns out, carrying the duty of art on your shoulders is pretty hard.

He left La Scallop with dignity in the face of defeat. Only when he was out of sight did he lose composure. He had lost the battle for art. How could he ever forgive himself?

Meanwhile, at La Scallop, much rejoicing was had. Finally, they could continue their production! Despite their smaller number, the show must go on. And it would. For La Scallop, too, had been fighting for art. In their hearts, they had won.

CrashText Dummie - Mafia Goon
has been lynched.

The
town
has won!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Amrun »

Town (13/18):
1 Alien
1 Tracker
1 Gunsmith
1 Innocent Child
1 2-shot Vigilante
2 Neighbors
6 Vanilla Townies

Mafia (4/18):
1 Roleblocker
1 Neighbor
2 Goons

Third Party (1/18):
1 Serial Killer (gunsmith immune)

Reviewed by: TheButtonmen, Empking, ReaperCharlie

1. DemonHybrid - Town Neighbor
2. Ythan - Town Gunsmith
3. Snow White - Innocent Child
4. Iecerint - Town 2-Shot Vigilante
5. saporovirus - Serial Killer
6. Parama - Mafia Neighbor
7. AlmasterGM - Vanilla Townie
8. Hrezs - Mafia Goon
9. PBuG - Vanilla Townie
10. Meransiel - Town Tracker
11. MrBuddyLee - Mafia Roleblocker
12. petroleumjelly - Vanilla Townie
13. Yosarian2 - Vanilla Townie
14. Shanba - Vanilla Townie
15. SensFan - Vanilla Townie
16. Hydra (Thor655 + Magister Ludi) - Mafia Goon
17. MagnaofIllusion - Town Alien
18. kondi2424 - Town Neighbor
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Amrun »

Role PMs (minus the nicer formatting):

Quote:

You are a Town Alien.

You may target one player each night. All actions directed toward that player will fail for the duration of the night. The target of your action will also be roleblocked.

Win condition: You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Quote:

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player each night. If that player visits another player during the night by using an ability on that person, you will be informed which player your target visited, but not what action he or she used.

Quote:

You are a Town Gunsmith.

You may target a player each night. If that player has a gun, you will get a “guilty” result.

Quote:

You are an Innocent Child.

At any point in the game, day or night, you may PM the game moderator to activate your ability. Upon activation, the game moderator will post your role PM in-thread and you will gain mod-confirmed town status.

Quote:

You are a Town 2-Shot Vigilante.

You may attempt to kill a player at night a total of two times. If you are roleblocked, you will lose that shot.

Quote:

You are a Town Neighbor.

You, X, and Y are neighbors. You may talk at any time, day or night, as well as pre-game, here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/4EuwLBX6DTY. Your neighbors’ alignments are not known to you.

Quote:

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities besides voting in the thread each day.

Quote:

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

Factional Abilities: You are Mafia along with X, Y, and Z. You may talk to them at any point, day or night, here: [qt link here]. Each night, your mafia may attempt to kill one player. If no one is specified, I will assume that the player who sent in the action PM will carry out the kill.

Unique Abilities: You may choose to roleblock one player per night, preventing him or her from carrying out any actions if (s)he had any to perform. You may NOT perform both the factional kill and the roleblock unless you are the only mafia member left alive. At any point, you may choose to forgo your roleblocking ability in order to carry out the faction kill.

Win condition: You win when the Mafia makes up at least half of the town and nothing can prevent this from happening.

Quote:

You are a Mafia Neighbor.

Factional Abilities: You are Mafia along with X, Y, and Z. You may talk to them at any point, day or night, here: [qt link here]. Each night, your mafia may attempt to kill one player. If no one is specified, I will assume that the player who sent in the action PM will carry out the kill.

Unique Abilities: You, X, and Y are neighbors. You may talk at any time, day or night, here: [qt link goes here]. Your neighbors’ alignments are not known to you.

Win condition: You win when the Mafia makes up at least half of the town and nothing can prevent this from happening.

Quote:

You are a Mafia Goon.

Unique Abilities: You have no special abilities besides the use of your vote each day.

Quote:

You are a Serial Killer.

You may attempt to kill someone each night by poisoning his or her food. If you are successful, your target will die immediately.

Win condition: You win when you are one of the last two players alive or nothing can prevent this from happening.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Amrun »

Night Actions

Night 1 Actions:

Town:

Meransiel - Track Iecerint (Result: Visits SensFan)

Iecerint - Shoot SensFan (Result: SensFan dies)

MagnaofIllusion - Jailkeep Yosarian2

earworm - Investigate MrBuddyLee (Result: Carries a gun)

Mafia:

Hrezs - Kill MagnaofIllusion (Result: MoI dies)

MrBuddyLee - Roleblock Shanba

SK:

saporovirus - Kill PBuG (Result: PBuG dies)

Night 2 Actions:

Town

None submitted

SK

Kill petroleumjelly (succesful)

Mafia

Hydra kills Meransiel (successful)
MBL Blocks petroleumjelly (successful)

Night 3 Actions

Town

David Xanatos - Investigate Yosarian 2 (Result: None)

Iecerint - Shoot Shanba (Result: Shanba dies)

Scum

Hydra - Shoot mastin2 (Result: mastin2 dies)

MrBuddyLee - Blocks David Xanatos (successful)

Night 4 Actions

Town:

David Xanatos - Investigate Yosarian2 (Result: Does not carry a gun)

Scum:

CTD kills David Xanatos (successful)

Night 5 Actions

Scum:

CTD kills DemonHybrid (successful)

Night 6 Actions

CTD submits no kill
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Amrun »

I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:24 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I

WAS

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Amrun »

I want to thank each and every one of my non-flake players for making my first modded game here at MS a success. It was a long haul.

There were some good plays and some bad, but I think the single best play of the game was CrashTextDummie's. If you read the scum qt, you will see that his bold move of counterclaiming doc was not at all dumb luck. It was a strategic play and the best play in that position, in my opinion. He pegged a lot of people's roles and is the reason there was so much rolecop speculation going around (among other things).

I would love to hear your thoughts on this game, if I haven't heard them already.

Was I a good mod? Is there anything I could have or should have done different to improve your enjoyment of the game?

Was this a fun set up? Was it balanced?

After seeing it play out, I think it is a little bit swingy. I chose each role for a reason, but in the end I think I tried to put too many ideas into one game. Still, I don't think it was unbalanced, per se, just a bit too swingy. It came down to 4 player LyLo, so that's a good sign, at least.

Share your thoughts with me!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:28 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

This was a good setup. Scum could have used another role, especially with the innocent child.

You want this one.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Amrun »

What role did you have in mind?

Oh, and a note on the neighbors: I actually tried to get several different neighborhoods passed through, but only this one passed normal review. Had I had the neighborhood I wanted to start with, I think the game would have been different, for better or for worse.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Iecerint »

Oh, thank god. I was thinking I'd feel so guilty about crossing much of the town by lynching CTD, but I really thought he was more likely.

Yay~!
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:36 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

In post 1864, Amrun wrote:What role did you have in mind?

Oh, and a note on the neighbors: I actually tried to get several different neighborhoods passed through, but only this one passed normal review. Had I had the neighborhood I wanted to start with, I think the game would have been different, for better or for worse.

Three townies, right?

And I'm thinking a Mafia Doc would have been fine with an SK and a Vig. By endgame, it would have been useless, and along the way probably would have protected one kill or so.

You want this one.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1862, Amrun wrote:Was I a good mod? Is there anything I could have or should have done different to improve your enjoyment of the game?

My only issue is with the flavor font. I couldn't figure out what was bothering me all game until now, and it's that the modscenes used standard text. I guess fancy text is so normative that non-fancy text seemed weird. Maybe just throwing in Bold or something would be nice.

Then again, I don't play Normal games at all, so I don't know what the norms are here. Also, this is clearly a minor point, because I thought you did well with things that actually mattered. THOUGH:
Amrun wrote:but only this one passed normal review.

Gosh, Normal games sound very boring.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Parama »

I speak collectively for the dead QT here:

FINALLY!!!
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Amrun »

That is a valid point.

In the future, I will do this.

Sadly, I was modding most of this game from my blackberry, so I was just thankful to be freaking posting something. >.>
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Iecerint »

Dead thread's awfully pissy.

DH reported strong Yos-Scum feelings to Toasty, and I knew that a large proportion of dead players died thinking Yos was scum (albeit mostly from bad reads on town players like Shanba), so I wanted to be extra careful to make sure I didn't go against the grain AND fuck up.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 am

Post by singersigner »

GG Town.

Scum hydras are very interesting to follow in a game. I find that there are very distinct differences between the way a scum hydra plays, and a town hydra plays.

Amrun did a great job modding, as always! : )
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Iecerint »

CORRECTION TO FIRST PAGE: CTD WAS LYNCHED ON D8.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.

also huh ss was here?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:49 am

Post by singersigner »

I was the backup mod, lol.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:55 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Thanks for the fun, Amrun. You did an amazing job filling the game with quality replacements.

Also, thanks to all the replacements.

Also, poo on earworm for investigating me N1. I spent all of D1 trying to lynch scum!

The game felt a little unbalanced in favor of town, and definitely swingy, but it still ended up being a lot of fun. Parama ended up costing us the game by getting lynched--his lynch cleared two townie neighbors. And there weren't enough vanillas left to throw suspicion upon--despite the fact that scum didn't kill a single vanilla. (1 lynched, 2 vigged, 2 killed by SK.) 5 power roles and 2 confirmed-town neighbors was too much to overcome.

We could have used a rolecop... :D

Yos, Iece and Toasty pulled it out in the end with some reasonable logic/argument. CTD played a valiant endgame, and might have won if he hadn't defended all scum to the death like the best teammate EVER! Much love to my teammates for a game well-played.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”