Mafia 137 - Neruzian Era Mafia SERIAL KILLER WIN!

lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:30 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

mastin: I kept reading this and you totally sucked. Your ego is enormous and it really shouldn't be. Scum was fucked since vig rightvigged, but town played horribly because of you. Even though I wasn't town, let me express my absolute agreement with GrayICE.

still: kudos to chkflip. He needs to be nominated for a scummy, and he will be by the winner of last year edition. Well done man.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:40 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I liked your modding, just be stricter with playerlist next time (although I'm aware it took ages to fill, so I guess this wasn't an option)

I'd play in your games again.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

actually, there was probably no way you could really predict pappums, hiraki, etc flaking. that was just BL. Some games are especially bad with replacements, shit happens.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1670, Neruz wrote:By the way, anyone who has problems with the balance, feel free to take i up with Vi. The original setup had scum with a second PR and a more powerful SK, but Vi dissuaded me claiming that i was underestimating the strength of a 4p scumteam. I'd provide the link of the review thread but i've cleared my history since then so i can't :X
And... what are you saying here?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:18 am

Post by chkflip »

Oh. My. Gawd.

When I replaced in, Jesus, I never thought I'd win. Matter of fact I said to myself, "Fuck, Flip, this is your first third party role EVER. You're fucked." I especially thought I was fucked when lew started running his mouth calling everything I posted scummy. His shot was partially luck, partially me thinking he was scum trying to rope me up. Killed Nanook because he dogged our mod (whom I believe did the very best with what he had). Tried for Xanatos but he got Doc'd (At the time I thought doc'd, jailkept is same difference). Fucking Amrun would've NEVER been lynched, imo, so I got super lucky with that one too. Sorgster was moreso because of his early pressure on me that he dropped and I didn't need that shit coming back on me.

I STILL HAVE NO IDEA HOW I WAS NOT LYNCHED DAY SIX. Which is why GreyICE died, I didn't think I'd fly another day with his beastly self. And then there were four.

If there's a "Shitty Claim That Actually Somehow By MIRACLE Worked" award, I think that one would be better. =P

Thanks Neruz for trecking through the bullshit of not having replacements. Thanks town for the win. And thanks scum for not killing me, though I'll admit I purposefully leave myself a little scummy so I'm not nightkilled.

Now I'll return to doing my Ace Venture impersonation. "YES! YES! CAN YOU -- FEEL -- THAT. YES!"
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Neruz »

In post 1678, Vi wrote:
In post 1670, Neruz wrote:By the way, anyone who has problems with the balance, feel free to take i up with Vi. The original setup had scum with a second PR and a more powerful SK, but Vi dissuaded me claiming that i was underestimating the strength of a 4p scumteam. I'd provide the link of the review thread but i've cleared my history since then so i can't :X

Nothing, personally i agree with the final setup, but i noticed some disgruntlement with the game balance and felt that since you have a lot more experience with balancing mafia games than myself and you reviewed the setup for balance that you would be more easily able to provide rationalization for the role choices.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:08 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1678, Vi wrote:

Overall I think this game was tilted against scum.

If we start with the precept that 11:2 is balanced, 1 goon is equal to 5.5 mafia members. Therefore 10:3 and 16:4 should have roughly equal amounts of town power (ignoring things that just get weaker in large games, like masons, innocent child, and Vote Stealer). Obviously Watcher, Tracker, Vig, Bodyguard and VS is too much for a mini normal 10:3. While you can say that the chances of the roles getting results is less, the chances of the roles living longer is higher.

The vig and the bodyguard both did a good job (Muffin hit two VTs who were almost definitely mislynches the way they were playing, and one scum). But the two information roles getting 0 results was not predictable, and yet the town still won due to the sheer number of phases we had.

I think the scum really needed, at the minimum, a Role Cop. And possibly change the watcher or the vig to odd night.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:12 am

Post by chkflip »

Muffin didn't hit scum. I hit both those mofos.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Neruz »

chk was actually a powerful pro-town force until the last few days.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1682, chkflip wrote:Muffin didn't hit scum. I hit both those mofos.

Muffin shot Lewarcher too
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:38 am

Post by chkflip »

Well that's what I get for not reading, lol.

ITT Neruz thinks I have a stronger voice than I actually do. xD
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 am

Post by CSL »

chkflip, good job.

mastin, heed these words coming from an admittedly shit player: I will never play with you ever again. If you replace in, I will either call for your lynch immediately, or replace out.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1665, mastin2 wrote:You haven't read my sig, have you? :P

I'm retiring not because I want to stop playing, but because of games like this and Sexy Sedilla, among others.

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/RueC5ERwChDc <--My QT, for all its lousy 'glory'.

THEN WHY DON'T YOU JUST STOP AND THINK?

EVER?

I don't know what fucking scum read you had on Zdenek, and honestly I don't care. It's like you never even stopped to consider that he was town. It's like you never even stopped to consider why there'd be one death night 6. It's like you never even stopped to consider what was going on.

And then there's the lying. Mastin, town lies rarely. I've gambited, yes I have. There's a very specific thing about my gambits. They're rare (especially as town). And some of them were a bad idea. And why are they rare? Not to establish a self meta of usually telling the truth for future gambits. Because 95% of the time,
IF NOT 99%
, it's anti town to lie! And most of my gambits? They involve creative ways to get the scumteam to kill me at a very bad time to kill me. Because if I'm going to lie to the town, it's best if that fact is revealed by the moderator flipping my name and role.

That's why you're a policy lynch, Mastin. That's why I wanted you dead on day 1 when you claimed lie detector. That's why I begged the vig to vig you. I cannot trust you. You are not trustworthy. Why? Because above playing the game, you want to be seen. You want to be noticed. You want to be the hero of the game. And for that you'll sacrifice the game. You'd rather LOSE THE GAME then win the game but have someone else lauded.

Look at the Vezok lynch. You wanted him to flip town. I know you did. Because then you, Mastin, could be the hero of LyLo.

I have games where I've done very well (and games where I've done very poorly) but I won only one game 'by myself' (Marketplace Mafia). Every other one, the town helped. Sometimes even just by being obvtown.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ZDENEK SHOOT ME? I HAD A TOWN READ ON HIM ALL GAME. I DERAILED HIS LYNCH EVERY TIME YOU BROUGHT IT UP. ZDENEK SCUM WOULD NEVER HAVE SHOT ME. GODDAMN IT MASTIN, NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN LYLO, HAVE A FUCKING BRAIN.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by warriormode »

GG chkflip! I had a lot of fun with this game! Thanks Neruz :)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 1680, Neruz wrote:
In post 1678, Vi wrote:
Nothing, personally i agree with the final setup, but i noticed some disgruntlement with the game balance and felt that since you have a lot more experience with balancing mafia games than myself and you reviewed the setup for balance that you would be more easily able to provide rationalization for the role choices.
The reason I asked was because your post sounded suspiciously like passing the buck entirely off to me.

That aside, I've never deleted a QT thread and I didn't see anything relating to this game on a scan. I'm fairly sure you never sent me a PM except one inviting me to play. Are you sure you have the right person?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Neruz »

In post 1685, chkflip wrote:Well that's what I get for not reading, lol.

ITT Neruz thinks I have a stronger voice than I actually do. xD

I recieved your kill pm first so i resolved it as you doing the kill :3

In post 1689, Vi wrote:
In post 1680, Neruz wrote:
In post 1678, Vi wrote:
The reason I asked was because your post sounded suspiciously like passing the buck entirely off to me.

That aside, I've never deleted a QT thread and I didn't see anything relating to this game on a scan. I'm fairly sure you never sent me a PM except one inviting me to play. Are you sure you have the right person?

That was not my intent.

Also i just discovered i kept the review PM, Hoopla reviewed it not you, i apologise for the misunderstanding and wasting your time :D

Here is the review thread for anyone interested in the process the game went through.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:15 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by chkflip »

If anyone has time, please sign up for my large normal "Rolling In The Deep."

Spoiler alert: Adele dies N0. xD
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by Neruz »

Oh my god someone has stolen all of the bones from his body.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”