New York 146 Zach's Insane Mafia World (OVER)

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by Tammy »

Yep.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Post by Tammy »

I’m so sorry town if I’ve messed this up!

Okay, so…it almost really didn’t matter what Magna would or wouldn’t say, I’m pretty certain my vote’s been fixed for several days now. When I said in thread that I was frustrated over the disparity between the effort of Nobody Special and Magna, I wasn’t kidding. There’s so much suspicious about Magna’s interactions while NS has barely anything that it’s almost unfair to compare them. There was also a point at which NS being so helpful at the end made me feel like I was being manipulated to think he was town just trying to help. *sigh* He still could have been and I could still be messing this up.

The reason why it doesn’t matter what Magna says is because the only way I could think to try to be objective was to
not
actually look at either Magna or NS themselves because only in removing that disparity could I hope to come to some answers. So, what I chose to look at instead was Fitz and what to me seemed like a sticking point – the day five lynch. I really wish I had more information about either of the other scum members, but I don’t so this is what I have to go off of.

Fitz never voted for IaI or Jason. As I noted, he even defended Jason on day four when it became pretty clear that he was caught scum and chose to try to lynch DV instead. When I look at day five, I see a similar pattern. He never once voted for Magna, and seemed to be trying to protect him on day five when three people voted for him. However, he put the fourth vote on NS that day. It was completely unnecessary to put his partner at L-2 that day; he could have voted DV and it wouldn’t have looked weird at all. When we switched for Jon though, he didn’t jump on, he moved to DV, and pretty actively fought against voting for Jon, (lol@Maguapeditsareintheway). I’ve looked at this over and over again trying to make sense of what Fitz was up to.

For me, it looks like scum did not actually want the Jon/CES slot taken out on day 5 as it was a largely empty slot, like mine, which would be good to possibly take to endgame. DV was a town read for most people who would have likely remained alive day 6, and NS was probably expendable as well (unless scum and Fitz was doing distancing and I’m misreading…which is so very likely…sorry town ☹ …and if so congratulations NS/Fitz for fooling me) so either of them were good to take out at that point.

I think it’s probably pretty obvious from my posts though that I’ve been trying to unravel Magna’s actions on the day 5 lynch and am unsatisfied by his actions and his statements. Fitz’s behavior was nearly enough to have me ready to vote Magna about 10 days ago, but nothing Magna has done over the past 10 days – since he laid his vote on NS and said he would be answering my avalanche of posts and making a case against NS – has made me feel like he’s town at all.

NS has been trying to help, and while he could be scum manipulating, Magna’s been doing
nothing
In the neighborhood, I asked Magna how often he makes it to endgame as an innocent. He told me he never gets endgamed as an innocent and he would be giving it all he had. This doesn’t feel like all he’s got to win in endgame. He’s on more than one occasion basically mentioned that another game is more important. This doesn’t feel like something town Magna would say in endgame as town. If I was off base in my interpretations, I feel like Magna would be in here showing me why I’m wrong. But, he’s not. I realize I posted a lot, but it’s not like it takes a lot of energy to even respond to one post a day, especially when you’ve been posting all over site the entire time. I’ve seen towngaveup before…it doesn’t look like this. This looks like scumgaveup. ←-------I’ve ended up going down a really bad path before expecting others to act like I might, so I’m sorry if I’m wrong here.

Anyway, I could keep waiting for Magna to deliver
something
but I’ve been as patient as I can and I don’t want to keep stringing this out for nothing.

Again, I’m so so so sorry town. Please remember that I was a fifth day replacement :?. And I have an abysmal record for getting things right in endgame. (Once in an aim scum chat game I got it right in 3 person endgame, but every. single. other. time. I’ve made the wrong choice. So sorry town ☹ )

vote: MagnaofIllusion

*crossing my fingers* I hope to wake up to find I made the wrong choice and sorry to town once again if I'm wrong.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

^^^Freudian slip...I hope to wake up to find out I made the *right* choice. *nervous much Tammy?*
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

NS...if you're around and are scum, you could be really cool and come in here and admit to it now..if you guys allow that sort of thing here. :igmeou:
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 2:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final vote count of day 8:

MagnaofIllusion - 2 (Nobody Special, Tammy)
Nobody Special - 1 (MagnaofIllusion)

Not voting: ()

With 3 alive it's 2 to lynch.

Day 8 will end no later than Friday, May 18th at 10AM CST.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 2:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So it all comes down to this. A tense standoff at endgame with MagnaofIllusion and Nobody Special insisting that the other is scum. Tammy is conflicted, feeling certain of her assertion of the evidence before her, but not certain that she is actually right. Eventually she bites her tongue and points her finger at MagnaofIllusion. There's a bit of a struggle to get him onto the noose as there's only the three of them left, but they wear him down after eventually getting the rope around his neck by choking him to the point of near lifelessness, and then setting him up on the noose and hanging him. Fortunately for MagnaofIllusion, his death is swift as his neck snaps with the swing of the rope. A sinking feeling comes over Tammy as a search of MagneofIllusion's body produces a bag of medicine and a stethoscope... followed by a sigh of relief as Nobody Special continues his search and at last produces a gun from MagnaofIllusion's body as well.

MagnaofIllusion
(Mafia 2-Shot Doctor)
lynched day 8.

Which means, that Tammy and Nobody Special, along with the rest of the town has won the game! Congratulations to the town faction!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 2:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:03 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

I KNEW MOI WAS SCUM.

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW I KNEW IT.

A clutch LyLo vote, Tammy, very nice.

GG, fellow townies. I apologize for my brain fart of investigating DV instead of red, which would have caught the SK.

Nice job modding, Zach. Thanks for all your patience especially post-crash.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:15 am

Post by Oversoul »

MoI had me completely fooled.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 4:22 am

Post by Nobody Special »

HOW MANY TIMES did I say "Magna's still alive, he must be scum." ? HOW MANY??

I feel SO vindicated right now.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:00 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Honestly how I wasn't lynched Day 2 I don't even know.

This game came on the tail end of a large run of scum games and by the time it started I was so sick of playing scum I decide to play "I'll lurk Day 1 like NS and Lowell".

I do sort of apologize for not giving more effort this last day ... Team Mafia is really taking up most of my focus. Sorry Zach and sorry teammates. I'm a bad MoI.

I also decided to not be an ass and post a "Nice Job for lynching Town" troll post for Tammy because she did a good job replacing that lump of a slot.

I further HATE late-game replacements. Having jon nicely crafted for a possible mislynch and that slot getting a replacement Halo is terrible.

I should have also not killed Magua. I could have ridden that Town read 1 more Day ...

Also I'd like to thank Zach for sticking me with the one actual role that was limited use :P No way with a Tracker around for me to fake-claim a full Doctor.

Also - redFF gets credit for the Town win for getting so easily blocked so many times. Did he really try to kill IAI Night 2?

I wouldn't feel too vindicated NS ... it took me completely ignoring the game for you to get this victory ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:10 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Hush. Let me have what little glory I can get.

:P
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 885, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Also - redFF gets credit for the Town win for getting so easily blocked so many times. Did he really try to kill IAI Night 2?

iirc he no killed? Or at least I recall zach saying to me he was thinking about it to frame DY.

SK claiming bodyguard = mind blown :P

Oh, and obviously I'm not Baseline since I reviewed the game. (not a big fan of the vanilla cop role in hindsight but meh)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:19 am

Post by Amrun »

OUR DAY W SCUMREADS WERE GOD. BOW DOWN TO US. BLOCKED SCUM EVERY NIGHT. ONLY NON-SCUM VOTE ON D1 WAS RVS.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 887, Faraday wrote:
In post 885, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Also - redFF gets credit for the Town win for getting so easily blocked so many times. Did he really try to kill IAI Night 2?

iirc he no killed? Or at least I recall zach saying to me he was thinking about it to frame DY.

SK claiming bodyguard = mind blown :P

Oh, and obviously I'm not Baseline since I reviewed the game. (not a big fan of the vanilla cop role in hindsight but meh)

His reason for no killing was something along those lines yeah. He was then jailed the following two nights before finally getting Yoshi dead.

The vanilla cop role pretty much did what I expected it to. It was designed to leave half the scumteam vulnerable to being caught if they didn't fakeclaim, and the other half was made safe by having actual roles to claim. In the quicktopic, Fitz was on the right track, but then the team got let down by Moi's presumption of how the role worked... <_< I had no idea that was the expectation of how the role worked... I basically used Mith's definition of the role from way back when during the invitationals.

In post 885, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

I should have also not killed Magua. I could have ridden that Town read 1 more Day ...

Based on the graveyard he thought you were town in lylo. You had a good chance of winning if you left him alive actually.
Last edited by Zachrulez on Wed May 16, 2012 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:28 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

MOI & HavingFitz, why no pile on the second to last day??? You guys had this won!!!! :(

Amrun, your hydra was impressive. Between this and RC's recent NY game, you have quickly risen to one of my favorite players to play with! :)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:30 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 889, Zachrulez wrote:In the quicktopic, Fitz was on the right track, but then the team got let down by Moi's presumption of how the role worked... <_< I had no idea that was the expectation of how the role worked... I basically used Mith's definition of the role from way back when during the invitationals.

This was crucial because I knew muffin investigated me. I just had no idea how the investigation would turn out, and I got sold on the wiki definition which MOI was going off of. Which was a shame, because the way I followed Thor around D1/D2, lined up perfectly with my weak doc claim. :(
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:51 am

Post by Amrun »

Thanks, IaI. <3
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:04 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 890, I Am Innocent wrote:MOI & HavingFitz, why no pile on the second to last day??? You guys had this won!!!! :(

Amrun, your hydra was impressive. Between this and RC's recent NY game, you have quickly risen to one of my favorite players to play with! :)

We never got the chance to pile on anyone. The only votes cast the 2nd to last day were ON me and moi.

I think bussing hurt the scum team. Moi basically had backed himself into a corner and had to vote me my last day. Otherwise I received very little attention (aside fom a few early suspicions that never gained traction). The failure to nk zmuff N2 hurt us as we lost IaI as a result. The last 4 townies in the game were portrayed by 11 players over the course of the game. jon_h61's departure especially hurt.

Enjoyed playing with everyone. Thanks for the invite! Zach...great modding.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 7:14 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Victoire!

Fun game to play, but having perfect reads may have to helped in that regard.

Nice LyLo play, Tammy.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 739, Tammy wrote:Meh, you're all boring.

But,
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the most boring one of all?

Nobody Special!

@Fitz, Looking back, I guess I thought this was a vote. Makes sense now the lack of a pile on... :oops:
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 10:17 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

EBWOP, and yes, thanks for modding Zach, great job as usual! :)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 10:58 am

Post by DeasVail »

Wooo! Go Tammy!!!!

I probably would have gotten it wrong :)

I always find that my reads get worse as the game progresses!

And again, sorry DY.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 10:59 am

Post by DeasVail »

And nice job modding Zach. I thought the set-up was pretty cool :)
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 am

Post by Ankamius »

This teaches me to call people town for being sane. Bleh.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”