Post by Nocmen »

Night 1:
Toogeloo cops Velazanth - succeeds, Innocent
Viscera Eyes shoots I am Innocent - Succeeds
MagnaOfIllusion blocks Viscera Eyes - Fails
I am Innocent shoots Shattered Viewpoint- Suceeds
SV Tracks Magna Of Illusion - Suceeds, Dead
Empking JK's Magna Of Illusion - Succeeds

This was through NAR. It was the most complicated possible action sequence that could occur in this game.

Night 2:
Empking JK's rofl - fails
Toogleoo cops Toonfighter - succeeds, innocent
MoI blocks Empking - succeeds
Scum kills nhammen - succeeds

Night 3:
Toogelo Cops MoI - Guilty, Fails, Dead Anyways
MoI blocks Toogeloo
Scum kills Toogeloo

Night 4:
Scum kills mcqueen

Night 5:
McStab kills Toon Fighter
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Nocmen »

Role PMs:

Scum:
Hello, and welcome to Mafia 154. You are a member of the scum team.

The scum team consists of:
Prescending, Mafia Godfather, who, if targeted by any investigation, will be seen as a member of the town.
Bunnylover, Mafia Roleblocker, who each night may PM me a target who will be prevented from performing any night actions that night. This roleblocker may not perform the scum night kill and a roleblocking together in the same night.
Pine and I am Innocent, who are Mafia Goons.

As a team, you have the following combined Power:
Night Kill: Each Night, one of you may PM me a target to be killed. The person who PMs me the Kill will be the person who performs the kill.
Night Talk: You may talk in this quicktopic during all night periods: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/XvXCRFX9NLv. Note that posting a night action in this quicktopic will not count as a PM. You still must PM me the action(s) for it to go through.

You win when the number of scum left alive is greater than or equal to the number of all other factions in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

PM me with the name of your role to confirm. The game thread can be found here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22676.

Town:

Cop:

Hello, and welcome to Mafia 154.
You are a Cop.

Each night, you may PM me the name of a person you would like to investigate. I will tell you if they are a member of the Town or Scum.

You win when all anti-town factions have been killed.
PM me with the name of your role to confirm. The game thread can be found here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22676.

JK:
You are a Jailkeeper.

Each night, you may PM me the name of a person you would like to put into jail. They will be prevented from performing any actions that night, but will also be protected from any attempts on their life.

Tracker:
You are a Tracker.

Each night, you may PM me the name of a person you would like to track. I will tell you who they visited that night, if anyone.

Vig:
You are a One-Shot Vigilante.

During any one night, you may PM the name of a person you would like to kill that night. Once you've performed this ability once, you may not perform it again for the rest of the game.

Townie:
You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special powers besides your vote.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:15 am

Post by havingfitz »

Man...that was a helluva N1. Things went perfect for town.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:24 am

Post by inte »

i want to know why you picked toon fighter to kill? he was the one with the least amount of opinions and prob could be easily swayed

also, damn n1 actions were a clusterfuck. empking in clutch mode
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:35 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Pretty sure scum gave up once replacements started coming in. They were likely banking on town being inactive the rest of the game. They almost got inte and rofl as possible mislynches going, and for whatever reason once MoI claimed Bulletproof, no one wanted to touch him, like he was just as important as a Cop or Doctor.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:39 am

Post by havingfitz »

Almost no one.....

inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:49 am

Post by inte »

In post 1079, Toogeloo wrote:Pretty sure scum gave up once replacements started coming in. They were likely banking on town being inactive the rest of the game. They almost got inte and rofl as possible mislynches going, and for whatever reason once MoI claimed Bulletproof, no one wanted to touch him, like he was just as important as a Cop or Doctor.

I was going to make a similar argument when he started attacking me but I was afraid it would be seen as OMGUS because I suck at making cases
Show

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Salamence20 »

We did it....

We did it...

ROFL i am sorry for tunneling you....
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:52 am

Post by Salamence20 »

McStab, why didnt you try to push me today? I was expecting you to attack me.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:54 am

Post by havingfitz »

Congrats on a win Sal :)

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 1084, havingfitz wrote:Congrats on a win Sal :)

Hahaha :p

Honestly, when mcstab went for you instead of me, part of me was thinking ROFL.

Glad i didnt change reads like last time, right fitz? ;)
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:02 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Pretty sure McStab just gave up is all.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:02 am

Post by havingfitz »

QT links?

@scum....why the mcqueen nk vs confirmed town?

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:40 am

Post by roflcopter »

gg all

no hard feelings sal
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Well done, town. I would've definitely hammered McStab as well. Amazing how I came into this game thinking MoI was just being strung up by people that weren't taking the game seriously. I really enjoyed this. I just replaced in as a fluke. I knew the Mod was a good guy and I had never replaced in on a Day 5 before. I think both MoI and McStab put a great deal of effort into this up to the very end. MoI probably was lurking as a strategy, and I can appreciate that. Really what did it were the wagons for me. If not for them, I wouldn't have suspected MoI nearly as much. So props to the people who made that happen. I think most of the players did a fine job with the exception of PM. Would've liked to have seen more from Toon, Vel, VE, and Arugula throughout. A lot less from Sal, lol. But I do appreciate how open minded and energetic you are, Sal. I think those are good traits to have. I would work on how susceptible you are to using buddying and being kind of long-winded though. Anyways, gg all.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

yeah sal as a note of constructive criticism, you had more than 2x as many posts as anyone else in the game, it really clutters up the thread and i (and others, i think) tend to find spammy players scummy
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

gg town ^^
~Toon fighter~
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 am

Post by inte »

btw the tell i've been developing worked out again

3/3 so far, but when it gets to a larger sample size and can be applied to other people as well, id be comfortable sharing it
Show

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by PMysterious »

For once, my sacrifice actually pays off. Good job Town. Especially Sala for that last bit of scum-hunting.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by Nocmen »

inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by inte »

I have no doubt I can out-argue any of the remaining players in the game

jesus are you right
Show

McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Post by McStab »

Good game everyone, it was enjoyable. I really think that the following players deserved a special mention:

MoI for some great play, up until Day Five (where Process of Elimination was really hurting us) I thought you'd carried the scumteam, so good work.

Sala for rallying at the end of Day Five to come after me; although I'm sure some part of that was OMGUS, I was impressed you were able to stick with my read for so long under so much pressure while the others kinda floundered.

RedCoyote and Havingfitz for putting the last nails in our coffin. Seriously, me and MoI win this game if those two don't come in and start applying pressure on MoI.

Toogeloo for copping two of the mislynches I had lined up. That was the difference between losing and LyLo.

VisceraEyes seemingly miraculous shot on IaI Night One, coupled with Empking's JK N1.

I think the one mistake I made was not lynching MoI at the start of the day, but I honestly thought I could sway town to turn around.

As for the late game Nightkills, I put forth the McQueen kill because I knew a replacement was coming in and the slot was being treated as close to conf. town. I think this was still the correct move; Toon Fighter and Velazanth hadn't really been problems for us, and compared to the efficacy of RedCoyote and Havingfitz, I thought keeping the current players in the game was more important. Trying to convince Velaz and TF to mislynch inte, ROFL or Sala was MUCH easier than doing that to RedCoyote or Fitz.

The Toon Fighter kill over RedCoyote may seem strange, but this was because I had two options in my mind:

A) I was still unsure if Fitz was an SK. MoI had RB'ed him all through the late game and if I was an SK I would've considered the night after MoI's lynch to be the perfect time to start killing. If he did, I knew RedCoyote (being strong and conf.town) would be his kill of choice; I also knew PoE was closing in, so I had to eliminate another conf. town. So, if Fitz was an SK, I would kill Toon and presumably Red would die, I could push the lynch on Fitz, and then be in LyLo with Sala-Inte-Me (killing ROFL the next night).

B) Because of associative links and the strength of play by RedCoyote and Fitz, I had to try and push Fitz's mislynch and argue the SK theory as opposed to trying to defend myself as MoI's partner. No one would buy that one of the people on MoI's lynch bussed him; so the SK was really my only hope.

I'm pretty happy with my play overall though. I think what really killed the scumteam was the early elimination of Prescending, rendering the cop's results unquestionable and weakening us by one. He seriously screwed us this game. Add IaI's death to that and we were really hurting. Considering that midway through Day Three we had lost two scum (including a PR) at a tradeoff of a Tracker and two VTs, PLUS three confirmed town, one confirmed non-Mafia, ROFL and McQueen being close to conf. town, and all we had was an RB + Goon left, and we were sunk early in the game. I'm amazed we lasted as long as we did.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 am

Post by havingfitz »

Scum definitely had an uphill battle after the town-PR-miracle of N1 and the cop clearing two people.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

This frankly is the type of game that makes me think BaM replacement rules have a point. ToonFighter, Viscera and Velaz are now on my Mod blacklist for being completely useless to Town. The best thing Velaz did was flake so someone competent into his slot.

Town Won by a Combination of Three Factors -

1. Getting a complete Nervous Newb as Godfather who had to be power-bussed.
2. Empking's decision to JK me Night 1. Without that IAI survives. I had Viscera nailed as a Power-role and the game goes much differently if he can't confirm his slot. With my last breath I curse
Zoidberg
Empking.
3. McStab not hammering me when he had the chance.

Had McStab not so damn strongly linked himself to me he would have had a fighting chance at the end with all the non-Confirmeds (Sal, Inte, Rofl) looking easily like a possible scum.

Good game Nocmen. At the end the complete lack of any engagement by Town even sucked my will to play. I really didn't have any energy to care about the outcome after all that had gone Town's way. Win some, lose some.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by McStab »

I defended you because the case against you at first amounted to four random votes, and then the second reason was you SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED that I not bus you at all. So yeah, don't try to place your lack of effort at defending yourself on me. You gave up Day 5 because you were sunk and you didn't do anything to try and hold it off. That's a big thing that sunk us, MoI.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”