NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'll leave that decision up to the Mod.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I will say that GB raises a very good point against Arc that I hadn't previously considered at all, frankly. As much as it pains me to call down my strongest townread in Plan B, that's about par for the course in this game.

Emp, why would I softclaim as SK?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:31 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Arc, if you dislike "open card play" (which is so completely out of context and an erroneous way at looking at this game), why then are you not scumhunting based on what people are saying instead? Do you think I make solid arguments? GB?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 995, Empking wrote:
In post 991, ArcAngel9 wrote:and what are you reasons Empking? can you list out?

You:
1. Delay in claiming

How does that would make scum? I wasn't sure if want to do that. Becuz, the place i played mafia games earlier, Role claiming is against by mods and if anyone does open card play, they will be mod killed.

In post 996, N wrote:
The difference is that I think you actually know exactly what's going on and are pretending you don't. I don't know why I'm trying to explain this to you; you know exactly what you're doing.

Now, please comment on something game-related.

This is funny, how do you know what i am unless you're the SCUM?
You being so sure about my role makes me wonder if you really know what i am and is trying to frame infront of town.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1002, RedCoyote wrote:Arc, if you dislike "open card play" (which is so completely out of context and an erroneous way at looking at this game), why then are you not scumhunting based on what people are saying instead? Do you think I make solid arguments? GB?

TBH, I am suck at going back and reviewing older pages and last two weeks i was busy with Christmas and new year events at my house so didn't even had good chance in following but i was looking around here and there..

My opinions is bit plain on everyone and its high time we should be carefull on who town lynching. Becuz one more wrong lynch, town looses its chance of winning

I highly suspect "N", His reasons are vauge, its like he wanted to create a suspicion on me where there is null. And he was so sure that he knows what i am role that tells me he do knows what is my role and trying to frame me.
Vote : N
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:03 am

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

In post 994, ArcAngel9 wrote:Why do you think RC is the scum? do you have any strong reasons?

Seriously? I already posted a huge wall about why RC is scum a few pages back here. Please read it carefully.

Also, we are 100% not lynching N. He's town (this is why you should read the game). Please remove your vote.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

RedCoyote is back in, and deadline will be ~48 hours from now.

Vote Count 5.03

ArcAngel9 (1)- N
N (1)- ArcAngel9

Not Voting: Empking, RedCoyote, Gentlemen Bastards

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline

(expired on 2013-01-11 17:00:00)
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1005, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 994, ArcAngel9 wrote:Why do you think RC is the scum? do you have any strong reasons?

Seriously? I already posted a huge wall about why RC is scum a few pages back here. Please read it carefully.

Also, we are 100% not lynching N. He's town (this is why you should read the game). Please remove your vote.

Good luck with that...
one more wrong lynch, town is almost gone..so i am not taking my vote off unless i get town read on him.
i will look into post. thanks for the heads up.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by N »

In post 1007, ArcAngel9 wrote:

Good luck with that...
one more wrong lynch, town is almost gone..so i am not taking my vote off unless i get town read on him.

How do you plan on getting a read on anyone if you're refusing to read the thread?
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 1001, RedCoyote wrote:Emp, why would I softclaim as SK?

You weren't 'softclaiming' on purpose.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1008, N wrote:
In post 1007, ArcAngel9 wrote:

Good luck with that...

How do you plan on getting a read on anyone if you're refusing to read the thread?

I wasn't refusing to read the thread, i was seeking help from the town to make the right decision
and whats your reason for suspecting me? oh wait..voting me..?
Isn't the Plan B read as townie.... the change was only on the person not the character.

so this you sudden suspect makes me wonder if you're trying to frame me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Short time until deadline. I don't see momentum behind either of the lynches I'd really support. Either the heads in GB are grossly overestimating my skill level, cannot read me as well as I would've guessed they'd been able to, or are scum.

Emp 1009 wrote:You weren't 'softclaiming' on purpose.

You know damn well that you're overthinking this. This argument is both lazy and grasping at straws. Of course my softclaim is going to coincide with me being in danger. Otherwise it's completely out of place. Additionally, I've pointed out multiple instances of me crumbing my role.

Vote: ArcAngel9

Based on opportunity and GB's point about our Roleblocker. My instinct tells me that this isn't right, but I'm also not prepared to defend this slot given the context of the game. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 am

^Can we please lynch that guy? I'm not going shed a fountain of tears over AA9 getting lynched since I think she's likely the SK but I'm more confident in RC being scum.

N and Empking, any chance you guys will vote RC? I won't be around until late tonight but I will definitely be around at deadline.

---

Finally, I feel the need to respond to this regardless of AA9's alignment because holy shit:

In post 1010, ArcAngel9 wrote:I wasn't refusing to read the thread, i was seeking help from the town to make the right decision
Isn't the Plan B read as townie.... the change was only on the person not the character.

This is why you need to read the thread. Everyone here once was sure that your slot was town via Plan B. Now some stuff has been brought up that makes it very possible (frankly, likely) that you are the SK. The change was not something that just came out of nowhere. You currently have two votes on you. Empking and our slot both also suspect your slot. We literally cannot all be scum despite the change in our opinions otherwise the game would be over. Not everyone who suspects you is scum.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Post by N »

In post 1010, ArcAngel9 wrote:I wasn't refusing to read the thread, i was seeking help from the town to make the right decision

This is ridiculous. In the one paragraph, you claim you've read the thread and then you demonstrate very clearly that you haven't.

In post 1012, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:^Can we please lynch that guy? I'm not going shed a fountain of tears over AA9 getting lynched since I think she's likely the SK but I'm more confident in RC being scum.

N and Empking, any chance you guys will vote RC? I won't be around until late tonight but I will definitely be around at deadline.

I just don't think the mafia would have a bulletproof. Unless you think he's not actually bulletproof, in which case why would he bring attention to himself by claimin that?
In post 998, N wrote:2x watcher, roleblocker, weak doctor, bulletproof, 8 VTs vs 2x tracker, encryptor, ??? vs SK
2x watcher, roleblocker, weak doctor, 9 VTs vs 2x tracker, encryptor, bulletproof vs SK
2x watcher, roleblocker, weak doctor, 9 VTs vs 2x tracker, encryptor, ??? vs BP SK
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote: RC
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 pm

In post 1013, N wrote:Unless you think he's not actually bulletproof, in which case why would he bring attention to himself by claimin that?

Because he doesn't have much of a choice. He can't claim VT because he softed a PR as he was getting run up. He can't claim watcher, tracker, doctor or roleblocker because they all have flipped. He can't claim cop either due to F-16's fakeclaim. That limits his options drastically in a normal to the point where bulletproof is the most plausible fakeclaim (note, by the way, that he did not even claim X-shot).
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Oh and I would also like to point out that this dude fakeclaimed miller as scum in my last game with him (Micro 34) and won so he's perfectly capable of taking the "unconventional, attention drawing" route.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by N »

In post 1015, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:(note, by the way, that he did not even claim X-shot).

I don't think he should have claimed x-shot if he's town and actually is x-shot. We actually already talked about this... let me find the link... post 444.

But anyway, I'll go and have a look at micro 34.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by N »

I just had a quick skim of RC in isolation. His play in that game actually seems really different to here; he seems more involved - I know he's said that he's dislikes playing as town, but he's also said that he is losing interest in MS lately, so I'm not sure which is the real reason for his lack of care in this game.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:06 pm

He hasn't even bothered to respond to the substance of my arguments even though I gave him plenty to work with (e.g., the "yesterday's news" stuff, his consistent misrepresentation of the game state to protect his partners/push MLs, etc.) and just dismissed it with hollow platitudes by calling it a "conspiracy theory" and tried to push a skewed VCA case on our slot in a game where we have had 0 scum lynches. He didn't even bother to respond to Regfan's reply to the VCA either. Is this honestly town behavior dude? Read through my case again - there's a clear difference between not giving a shit and misconstruing the events of the game.

One thing I learned after that game is that RC is more than capable of imitating the same style as both alignments, something he blatantly admitted to in this game (see #694).
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm

The point that I'm trying to make is that he's certainly aware of his meta and tries to play as close to it as possible, especially given that he's in a roster with both myself and Regfan, both of whom have had experience with him.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Erm, N are you even here right now?
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Unfuckingbelievable.

Vote: RC

Keeping this up for now. It's 5 AM and I'm done waiting for N. I'm going to bed and setting my alarm clock for a couple of hours before deadline. If N or AA9 have not hammered RC by that time, then I'll switch over to AA9. Empking, if you want to hammer AA9 due to deadline constraints, then it's fine since I think she's the SK anyway but you guys better fucking lynch RC-scum in 3 way.

In case this slot dies tonight and in case this day's been hammered before I wake up, Regfan and I have posted everything you guys need so you know where we stand. Good luck.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 am

Post by N »

I'll be around (or at least not too far away) for another few hours. I might wander off and watch some tv, but I'll definitely be here at least in the ad breaks for the next while.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him