NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6625 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Possibly. It could have also muddied the waters, and it would have definitely helped us aim. I continue to stress that it's generally a bad idea, especially that early.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6626 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I enjoyed my short time in that Neighborhood QT
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6627 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Red Ryu »

This went well, glad we won even though I did nothing for 4 months :/
Red Ryu
Red Ryu
Goon
Red Ryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6628 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Red Ryu »

In post 6621, CrashTextDummie wrote:
I've retired the D1-massclaim suggestion as a game opener, mostly because this game has probably shot any possibility of it ever leading anywhere productive again. But I really
do
think it's a very viable town strategy, and I do believe in the kind of analysis on it I did in this game. You may have noticed that I didn't discuss this with my scumbuddies in pre-game, and consequently 2/3 of them ended up in the scum pile (and IIRC, I kind of cheated to keep RedRyu out of there). Bulba just so happened to have strong feelings on the matter (which dictated what he perceived to be the "town-him" reaction), leaving Cephrir as the only scum who instinctively reacted in a pro-town manner. Notably, not a single scum supported the scheme, lending credence to my assumption that scum
really
hate D1 massclaim. If you had taken my strong town list from that analysis and ran with it, a lot of problems could have been avoided (naturally, I was inclined to "doubt" those reads myself... ;)). Some food for thought.

Ultimately, this game ended up being a rollercoaster of emotions, which, win or lose, is my favorite kind of game. Thanks everyone for playing, and thanks Mastin for modding and particularly for the brilliant flavor (your scummy nom will be posted as soon as you make your flavor QT available :p)!

I may have some thoughts on the set-up once Mastin has posted his own.
almost 100% of time.

If town can benefit from a D1 mass claim, the set-up needs tweeking. Scum benefits a lot from that information, I'll always disapprove of a mass claim as town or scum.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6629 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 6603, Slandaar wrote:You didn't flip Nacho. :wink:

I think you put too much pressure on yourself regarding the flavor.
I think, from all that I can piece together, than Nacho was VT, and I choose wrong.

Sorry about that guys, balanced teams made more sense, as well as some of Nacho's play. It was obvious Penguin was bluescum, but since I thought it was a matter of which scum team wins, didn't expect the 3-4 teams.

Thanks Mastin, for staying the course and running the game!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6630 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 6619, penguin_alien wrote:I'd love to know why PV claimed ThAd shot Cephrir instead of Baezu, if he's inclined to share his thought process.
Because bluescum knew they shot Cephrir, and my suspicion would fall on the first person to bring it up. (which was you, btw, my first indication you were probably bluescum). Only them and me know who really shot Cephrir.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6631 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Small steps, so let's start with the basics.

Setup
:

Blue Mafia Goon x 3
Blue Mafia Ninja

vs

Red Mafia Doctor
Red Mafia Roleblocker
Red Mafia Tracker
Red possesses Daytalk

vs

Town 2-shot BP
Town Watcher
Town Rolecop
Town JK
Town 3-shot Vig
Town Friendly Neighbor
VT x 11

Three randomly selected neighborhoods of two. Neighborhoods are a secondary aspect of the role; Vanilla Neighbor, Goon Neighbor, JK-Neighbor, etc--"you are also a neighbor". Neighbors are night-talk only.

...Which produced:
1. Mac -- Blue Goon
2. CrashTextDummie -- Blue Goon & Neighbor A
3. Cephrir -- Red Tracker
4. Nachomamma8 -- Vanilla Town
5. DLG -- Vanilla Town & Neighbor C
6. Nero Cain -- Vanilla Town
7. roflcopter -- Vanilla Town
8. EddieFenix -- Town Rolecop
9. Bulbazak -- Red Roleblocker
10. Thor665 -- Vanilla Town
11. Red Ryu -- Blue Ninja
12. Syryana -- Friendly Neighbor
13. Desperado -- Vanilla Town & Neighbor B
14. Baby Spice -- Blue Goon
15. Slandaar -- Vanilla Town & Neighbor A
16. Oversoul -- Town 2-shot Bulletproof
17. Seanald -- Red Doc & Neighbor B
18. ActionDan -- Town 3-shot Vig & Neighbor C
19. fuzzybutternut -- Town Watcher
20. Rondar -- Town Jailkeeper
21. Amethyst Kitty (Malakittens+MS Marangal) -- Vanilla Town
22. BeautyAndTheBeast (Majiffy+pirate mollie) -- Vanilla Town
23. Human Destroyer -- Vanilla Town
24. ArcAngel9 -- Vanilla Town
Role PMs
:

Spoiler: Blue
CrashTextDummie, Blue Mafia Goon/Neighbor A:
mastin2 wrote:Hello, and welcome to Large 164: Manic Street Mafia,
CrashTextDummie
!

You are a
Blue Mafia Goon
! You are partnered with
Red Ryu
, who is a
Mafia Ninja
, plus
Mac
and
Baby Spice
, who're both
Mafia Goons
. You may talk here during the night (and pregame) with your fellow mafiates. As a group, you may select one member to carry out a kill against one person of your choosing. (I will accept choices in the Quicktopic that are bolded, but PMs are harder to miss.)

You have no special powers of your own, possessing only the standards: a Voice, a Vote, Instinct, and Intuition.

However, you are a neighbor with
Slandaar
, and may talk with them privately here during the night (and pregame).

You are aligned with the
Blue Mafia
. You win when your faction comprises of 50% of all living players or nothing can prevent this.

Please confirm in the thread that you've read and understand your role PM. The Game Thread can be found here.

Good luck and have fun!
(CTD's response? "Oh you have GOT to be kidding me. I hate, hate, hate the neighbor role. Hate it. HATE it. And scum on top of it. Rage." He had noooooooooo clue. :P)

Red Ryu, Blue Mafia Ninja:
Red Ryu
!

You are a
Blue Mafia Ninja
! You are partnered with
CrashTextDummie
Mac
, and
Baby Spice
, all
Mafia Goons
. You may talk here during the night (and pregame) with your fellow mafiates. As a group, you may select one member to carry out a kill against one person of your choosing. (I will accept choices in the Quicktopic that are bolded, but PMs are harder to miss.)

If you are the one performing the kill, you will be invisible to any watchers/trackers/variants who would otherwise catch you. Other than this, you're no different than anyone else, possessing a Voice and Vote to guide by your Instinct and Intuition.

You are aligned with the
Blue Mafia
. You win when your faction comprises of 50% of all living players or nothing can prevent this.

Please confirm in the thread that you've read and understand your role PM. The Game Thread can be found here.

Good luck and have fun!
thezmon221, Blue Mafia Goon (replacing Mac):
Mac
thezmon221
!

You are a
Blue Mafia Goon
(again :P)
! You are partnered with
Red Ryu
, who is a
Mafia Ninja
, plus
CrashTextDummie
and
Baby Spice
, who're both
Mafia Goons

You have no special powers of your own, possessing only the standards: a Voice, a Vote, Instinct, and Intuition.

You are aligned with the
Blue Mafia

Good luck and have fun!
(I couldn't resist the modification.)

penguin_alien, Blue Mafia Goon (replacing Baby Spice):
Baby Spice
penguin_alien
!

You are a
Blue Mafia Goon
! You are partnered with
Red Ryu
, who is a
Mafia Ninja
, plus
CrashTextDummie
and
Mac
thezmon221
, who're both
Mafia Goons

You are aligned with the
Blue Mafia

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler: Red
Cephrir, Red Mafia Tracker:
Cephrir
!

You are a
Red Mafia Tracker
! You are partnered with
Seanald
, a
Mafia Doctor
, and
Bulbazak
, a
Mafia Roleblocker
. You may talk here at
any
time with your fellow mafiates. As a group, you may select one member to carry out a kill against one person of your choosing during the night phase. (I will accept choices in the Quicktopic that are bolded, but PMs are harder to miss.)
You are allowed to both kill and perform your night action

Each night, you may track one person, and you will see any and all people that person visits that night. Use your power wisely and let your Instinct and Intuition guide your Voice and your Vote.

You are aligned with the
Red Mafia

Good luck and have fun!
Bulbazak, Red Mafia Roleblocker:
Bulbazak
!

You are a
Red Mafia Roleblocker
! You are partnered with
Seanald
, a
Mafia Doctor
, and
Cephrir
, a
Mafia Tracker
. You may talk here at
any
time with your fellow mafiates. As a group, you may select one member to carry out a kill against one person of your choosing during the night phase. (I will accept choices in the Quicktopic that are bolded, but PMs are harder to miss.)

Each night, you may block one person, and any action that they would have taken will be prevented from happening. Use your power wisely and let your Instinct and Intuition guide your Voice and your Vote.

You are aligned with the
Red Mafia

Good luck and have fun!
Seanald, Red Mafia Doctor/Neighbor B:
Seanald
!

You are a
Red Mafia Doctor
! You are partnered with
Bulbazak
, a
Mafia Roleblocker
, and
Cephrir
, a
Mafia Tracker
. You may talk here at
any

Each night, you may protect one person other than yourself from any and all nightkills. Use your power wisely and let your Instinct and Intuition guide your Voice and your Vote.

You are also a neighbor, living right next to
Desperado
. You may talk with them privately here during the night (and pregame).

You are aligned with the
Red Mafia

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler: Town PRs
EddieFenix, Rolecop:
EddieFenix
!

You are a
Town Rolecop
! Each night, you may target a player and you will receive their role, but not their alignment. Use this well, because other than that, your only weapons are your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and Vote.

You are aligned with the
town
. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town is still alive.

Please confirm in the thread that you've read and understand your role PM. The game thread can be found here.

Good luck and have fun!
Syryana, Friendly Neighbor:
Syryana
!

You are an
Friendly Neighbor
! During any one night, you target a player; that player will be informed that you are town. Other than this, your only weapons are your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and Vote.

You are aligned with the
town
. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one member of the town is still alive.

Please confirm in the thread that you've read and understand your role PM. The game thread can be found here.

Good luck and have fun!
Oversoul, 2x Bulletproof:
Oversoul
!

You are a
Town Two-Shot Bulletproof
! You can survive any two shots taken at you, but other than this, your only weapons are your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and Vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!
Kublai Khan, Jailkeeper (replacing Rondar):
Rondar
Kublai Khan
!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper
! Each night, you may target any living player other than yourself. They will be protected from any and all nightkill attempts, and will also be prevented from using any action they would have used that night. Use this power to augment your other weapons, as you'll need to use your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and Vote to win.

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!
Haylen (replacing fuzzybutternut), Watcher:
mastin2 wrote:Alright, here ya go.

Hello, and welcome to Large 164: Manic Street Mafia,
fuzzybutternut
Haylen
!

You are a
Town Watcher
! Each night, you may select a player; you will see anyone who visits that player during that night, but not what they have done. Besides this, your only weapons are your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and Vote; use them well!

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!

(Oh hey you're actually town! :P)

Spoiler: Town Neighbors
ThAdmiral (replacing Hanzo_5 who replaced Action Dan), 3x Vig/Neighbor C:
ActionDan
Hanzo_5
ThAdmiral
!

You are a
Town Three-Shot Vigilante
! Each night, you may choose to target a player and attempt a kill on them, but you may only take three shots. So to augment your chances of victory, make sure to use your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and your Vote!

DLG
PeregrineV

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!
Desperado, Vanilla Town/Neighbor B:
Desperado
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie
! Your only weapons are your Instinct, Intuition, Voice, and your Vote.

You are aligned with the
town

Seanald

Good luck and have fun!
Slandaar, Vanilla Town/Neighbor A:
Slandaar
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You are aligned with the
town

CrashTextDummie

Good luck and have fun!
PeregrineV (replacing DLG), Vanilla Town/Neighbor C:
DLG
PeregrineV
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

ActionDan
Hanzo_5

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!

Nachomamma8, Vanilla Town:
Nachomamma8
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!
(I'm just going to be lazy and say that this is the same role PM of all VT players. :P
Nero Cain, Thor665, Amethyst Kitty/MS Marangal, BeautyAndTheBeast/ffullisade, Human Destroyer/Om the Destroyer, ArcAngel9, and the replaced player roflcopter all received this, with their name substituted into the name line.)

Here's Bacde's replacement-VT role PM:
roflcopter
Bacde
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!
Baezu-replacing-Bace's same PM:
mastin2 wrote:Okay, then. Don't say I didn't warn you, though. :P

Hello, and welcome to Large 164: Manic Street Mafia,
roflcopter
Bacde
Baezu
!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You are aligned with the
town

Good luck and have fun!
Night actions and such to come next post.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6632 (ISO) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Oversoul's Death PM:
mastin2 wrote:
A rope hits your neck! You cannot survive that fast drop!
(Ooooooh, that's gonna leave a mark...)

...Well, looks like you died. (Shame. I wanted oh so badly to make flavor for you being shot at. :P)

Ah, well. At least the view from above is good!
(This of course being a play off of the message given to EpicMafia BPs when hit.)

I don't think I bothered with linking to the beginning-of-night flavor for neighborhoods; apologies for that. Same for mafia QTs. The important bits which I focused on were the night ones anyway. :P

NIGHT ONE ACTIONS:
EddieFenix rolecops Nachomamma8.
Kublai Khan jailkeeps Bulbazak.
Syryana chooses not to use power.
Seanald docs Bulbazak.
Seanald kills Red Ryu.
Cephrir tracks EddieFenix.
Bulbazak blocks Slandaar. (Fails, thanks to Khan.)
Haylen watches Om the Destroyer.
Red Ryu ninja-kills Syryana.
(Nero Cain "vigs" ffullisade, too.)

Results?
(Note--while the PMs here are ordered approximately by their written dates, they were sent--with the exception of the nightkills--in the order of the playerlist. Thus, Mac/thezmon got theirs first, then CTD, and so on.)

Syryana's Death PM:
mastin2 wrote:
Ratatatatata. Golden bullets plaster your wall, but you manage to evade them easily. Ha! They'd have to do better than that in order to kill you! What were they thinking, anyway? Using golden bullets? Those might look flashy and all that, but they lower the already-abysmal accuracy and effectiveness of the 'Thompson.

What are they, amateurs? They can't kill--wait.

...Is that a laser pointing at your chest?

...Shit.

*BAM*

Looks like the drive-by was a setup. A setup to get you in front of a specific window. Which you fell for hook, line, and sinker.
Ah, well. If it makes you feel better, your shooter,
Red Ryu
, soon has a bit of Karmic Justice and suffers a similar fate to his rival faction. And, hey, now you're reunited with Oversoul! Enjoy the view!
(The Golden Bullets were by request.)

Red Ryu's Death PM:
mastin2 wrote:
Everything according to plan. Your friends go out and do the late-night drive-by on
Syryana
. As expected, the golden bullets do nothing to kill Syryana, but draw him out into the open. Having set up your sniper rifle across the street, tripod fixed on the target and laser pointed straight at him, you had a shot lined up. And as he realizes what's going on, with the look of panic on his face, you pull the trigger and smile.

Bullseye. You pack up your gear and are ready to drop into your home, when a car shoots at your house with pistols. Bloody gangsters. They call themselves a mafia, but they're nothing but amateurs. Relying purely on a drive-by shooting in order to kill you? Ha! You weren't even in the house! Those idiots are going to be crushed.

As you lower yourself into your house, put your sniper rifle down, and take off your stealth gear, you take the time to celebrate the night by lighting a cigar.

*chck* *chck*

That's the problem with technology. Your lighter fails to strike a light.

*chck*
The cigar lights up. Ah, much better! That match did the job!
...Wait, match? That wasn't yours.

As you look up to see the light of the match be blown out, the light of your cigar is just enough to allow you to see the smile on the face of a person, point blank, holding a pistol to your chest.

Sonofa
*BAM*

...As it turns out, they're smarter than you gave them credit for. The drive-by WAS a distraction, to allow their actual killer to sneak into the house. And, laughing his ass off at the karma of it all, you see the ghost of Syryana chatting with Oversoul, though your view is a bit lower than theirs.
Blue Goon PMs: (sent to thezmon221 and penguin_alien)
mastin2 wrote:
Executing kill. With one of you driving and another shooting, you act as the distraction Red Ryu requires in order to line up a shot. Perfect. Job done, you return to your home, spending the few remaining hours of the night resting peacefully. Those punks calling themselves your rivals don't seem to have a clue who you are, as you escape the night unscathed.

Day Two Dawns.
CrashTextDummie, Blue Goon/Neighbor A:
mastin2 wrote:
If you were low on members, you might risk personally attending the field, but for now, you're content enough letting your comrades handle the field, with your friends delivering the distraction and Red Ryu delivering the kill. In the mean time, you continue bickering with Slandaar, who you hope has no clue about your true identity as the local crimelord.

Day Two Dawns.
And their factional flavor--
Blue QT wrote:
<<< In the modern age, you would think it possible to take out more than one person at a time. In the modern age, you would also think it would be impossible to get away with killing a person at all, though. And as it turns out, the truth is somewhere in the middle. In the modern age, it's possible to get away with murder, but to do so it must be very carefully planned.

In a bad neighborhood, the ease is much greater. Check. In a place with corrupted law-enforcement, it comes with greater ease for the majority of cops to 'overlook' key pieces of evidence. Check. And now, the only thing remaining is the method of death, determined to be a sniper rifle that
Red Ryu
had acquired.

But to mask that as the cause of death, you take a page from the criminal mastermind Moriarty. With a drive-by of Thompson submachine gun fire, loaded with golden bullets, investigators would look at that false trail and leave the real killer free to get away with it, without having left a trace.

All according to plan. The drive-by happens, and your members trust in Red Ryu to finish the job.

Come morning, you congregate together and smile, as the town discovers the dead body of
Syryana
. But wait...something's not right. Only three of your four members have gathered, and you realize that something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Down one of your precious few members, you cut contact early to avoid any suspicion. This will be avenged. >>>

Day Two Starts Now. Talk is closed.

Cephrir, Red Tracker:
mastin2 wrote:
Though you momentarily take time from your night to serve as Seanald's distraction and do a drive-by shooting to mask his entrance into his target's house, you spend most of your night tailing
EddieFenix
. Unbeknownst to him but beknownst to you, you see him leave his house, visiting
Nachomamma8
's house. Though you can't see what he does in there, he stays for some amount of time, before leaving and heading home.

Hmm...definitely something worth noting.

EddieFenix visited Nachomamma8 during night one.

Day Two dawns.
Bulbazak, Red Roleblocker:
mastin2 wrote:
You leave the drive-by shooting distraction to Cephrir, and the actual kill to Seanald. You have more important matters to attend to, as you attempt to sabotage
Slandaar
from doing anything.

You groggily wake up at morning, unhurt. Good--the risk of you dieing was a concern of Seanald's. Time would tell if you had succeeded in your sabotage of Slandaar.

Day Two dawns.
One risk of writing flavor for role PMs is not giving away info, something I didn't really have much of a grasp on. That was basically one of my largest modding mistakes. An utter lack of ambiguity in a fair number of the PMs, as you'll especially see in the kill PMs. (I get better later-on, after I REALIZED I was being unambiguous.)

mastin2 wrote:
You sneak into the house of
Red Ryu
after your buddies provide cover-fire, inserting yourself into the house as carefully as you can. Gun in one hand, you see your target with a lighter, trying to light something up--looks like a cigar of some kind. Well, he's going to die anyway, so you might as well give him a last smoke. Striking a match against your gun, you give him the light that he needed. Smiling, you blow the match out, but the cigar gives you just enough light to see his face as the realization sinks in.

You spend the rest of the night hopefully ensuring that
Bulbazak
would live through the night. And, thankfully, when day dawns, he's still alive.

Day Two begins.
And their factional flavor:
Red Mafia QT wrote:
<<< Like the pros that you are, you plan out the hit perfectly.
Red Ryu
would never know what hit 'im.

As you set out to do your tasks, you are all proud to be mafia, and your competition is about to figure out why you guys are the pros.

Day's dawn shows everything according to what you had agreed on. Now to survive until night. >>>
This actually creates a bit of a continuity error, by the way, thanks to my later treatment of them. Blue being official mafia, and red being not-mafia-but-serving-the-same-function, as a mafia-gangster hybrid.

Haylen/Rena, Watcher:
mastin2 wrote:
You decide to watch
Om the Destroyer
all night, stalking his house with binoculars. Purely for his protection! Honestly! You swear! Nothing creepy or stalkerish at all!

Disappointingly,
Err...I mean...
Fortunately
, nobody seems to have taken interest in Ommy, so near dawn, you yawn, pack up your kit, and go back home to catch a minute of shuteye.

Nobody visited Om the Destroyer night one.

Day Two Dawns.
EddieFenix, Rolecop:
mastin2 wrote:
You sneak out of your house and carefully work your way to
Nachomamma8
's house. Making sure not to disturb him, you insert yourself into his house, and slowly begin searching around. You make sure not to leave anything out of place, that everything you touch goes exactly back where you found it.

As you search, you find very little suggesting Nacho has any talent. Well, he's a good sandwich maker, but...
...Hey, wait a sec!

...There's a book on making sandwiches!

That bastard!

...*ahem*

...Okay, so he has no special natural talents at all. No fancy gizmos, no apparent hobbies of use, no obvious talents in his life. You check his personal information to be sure, but as far as you can tell, there's nothing.

Though it's possible all the incriminating stuff is being held in his chambers, you don't want to risk him catching you, so you leave as quietly as you had entered, your search not bearing the fruits you had hoped.

Nachomamma8 is a Vanilla.

Day Two Dawns.
Kublai Khan, Jailkeeper:
mastin2 wrote:
As far as you can tell, you picked up
Bulbazak
last night, knocked him out with gas, and drove him around almost all night. Come day, you feel pleased with yourself.

Since you are apparently big on mod flavor integrity, note that the above flavor is just flavor. It is my way of officially recognizing that you submitted a jailkeep on Bulbazak and should be taken as nothing more than that.

Day Two has dawned.

ThAdmiral, 3x Vig/Neighbor C:
mastin2 wrote:
Engaged in figuring out what sort of craziness had transpired the previous day, you decide to conserve your precious-few bullets, not wanting them to be wasted on some schmuck that you thought looked bad but was just another Oversoul in disguise.

Spending the night talking to your buddy across the line, you wake up slightly restless, but otherwise fine.

Day Two Dawns.
One trick I later learned was to use perceptions in the flavor. They PERCEIVE something, off of what they've said and what they submit, but even then, this is a gray-ground for flavor.

Desperado, VT/Neighbor B:
mastin2 wrote:
Though you don't get much chatting done with your neighbor,
Seanald
, you still feel as if the night was good. You didn't die, so there's that. You didn't end up in the noose during the day, so there's that. But still, you have trouble getting rest. Despite feeling happy about how things went, a longing for better results lingers in you, and you'll never be truly at ease while the streets remain unclean.

Day Two Dawns.
PeregrineV, VT/Neighbor C:
mastin2 wrote:
A productive catchup-talk with your telecan buddy
ThAdmiral
leaves you feeling rather drained, and so, you go to sleep, peacefully. You don't stir during the night, though it was still a far lesser sleep than before you moved in. This environment will continue being stressful as long as trouble persists on the streets.

Day two dawns.
Slandaar, VT/Neighbor A:
mastin2 wrote:
Your bickering with
CrashTextDummie
leaves you exhausted, so you retire early for the night. You can only hope that your retirement is not permanent, and so, your sleep is an uneasy one.

Waking up with bags under your eyes, you realize dawn has come, and you're still alive. Still, though, you have a duty to fulfill. You had been born in this town, seen its glory days. You would not rest properly until they had them restored again.

Day two dawns.
Speaking of neighborhood flavor...
Grumpy Old Men (Neighborhood A, CrashTextDummie/Slandaar):
Bicker bicker bicker bicker bicker bicker zzzzzzzbickerzzzzzzzbickerzzzzzz...

...Huh? It's already day?

...Damn.

<<< Day Two. No talking. >>>
TeleCan Communication (Neighborhood C, PeregrineV/ThAdmiral):
Spending so much time catching up and talking about how much you two have missed, the hours fly by and soon you realize it's time to leave. You barely had time to grieve, but day is coming, and you say you're done, both sorta-sleeping. It's a long, long night, yet at the same time, all too brief.

<<< Day dawns. You can't talk here anymore. >>>
Grass is Greener (Neighborhood B, Seanald/Desperado):
Barely a voice is whispered on either side of the fence, and you don't really see much of one another. You remain aware that the other is there, and a few words are exchanged, but not much is said. And before long, you both need to go to bed. But by the time you do, you realize day is nearly upon you. Too bad, but not surprising given the sad fate of Oversoul. Still, hope remains, so on you go, to the next day!

<<< Day two dawns. No more talk. >>>

All Vanilla Townies, except for Nero Cain:
mastin2 wrote:
For you, most of the night uneventfully passes. I suppose that's a good thing, because the main event going on during the night seems to be death, and death is bad and somewhat sad, but still, it's rather boring. A bit uneasing, too, as you wait. It could be you, and shooting during dawn is not impossible to do. So even with the night mostly over, you remain on-guard, just in case, waiting.

In the mean time, you try to get some amount of sleep, but nothing comes of it. You can't sleep until the streets are clean.

Day Two Dawns.
This being Nacho, Bacde, Thor665, Amethyst Kitty, ffullisade, Om the Destroyer, and ArcAngel9.

Nero Cain's PM:
mastin2 wrote:
Despite a strong desire to strangle
ffullisade
, you lack the time, devotion, and know-how to actually pull it off. After all, you're just a guy, with no special training at all. You'd just have to try during the day--assuming you lived that long...

...And, as it anti-climatically turns out, you do; the night passes uneventfully, without a stir. All the better so that you can voice your opinions during the day, but still, it's disappointing that the mafia did not consider you enough of a threat to kill. (As far as you can tell, anyway.) You stayed up (almost--you napped once or twice) all night waiting for it, and got nothing to show for it. What a waste of time.

Well, at least you wouldn't waste the time day would give you. Well, probably won't.

Day Two Dawns.
(I figured there was no harm in humoring him.)

I did receive various PMs during the night from players, but most of them aren't worth mentioning publicly.

You'd think that this got easier, but it actually got harder as I put more work in.

thezmon221's death PM, titled "Oh My!":
mastin2 wrote:You died!

...Well, that's the bad news, but look on the bright side:

You and Red Ryu can reunite!

You'll have to deal with the rest of the dead, but you'll be fine.
NIGHT TWO ACTIONS:
Kublai Khan submits a jailkeep of Amethyst Kitty.
EddieFenix submits a rolecop of Cephrir.
Bulbazak roleblocks EddieFenix.
Cephrir submits a track of Nero Cain.
Seanald kills Thor665.
Seanald protects Bulbazak.
Haylen watches Bacde.
penguin_alien kills EddieFenix.
Nero "vigs" ArcAngel9.

Results?

Thor's Death PM:
mastin2 wrote:
Them youngsters. Always in a rush. Their rash actions had left you with far too much time, even for you to spend productively. So while you take some time to make notes about what to do tomorrow, you spend the majority of your time with the perfect solution to a long day's worth of wasted hard work:

Alcohol.

Though you do slightly overindulge yourself and let your minor accent shine through, you begin your trip home, a nice 5 mile jog. However, deciding that would get you home too quickly, you decide to walk. Nights not being very scenic, you can't exactly take in the scenery, so you instead decide to chew it. By doing what an old man does best:

Ranting.

As you move, you exaggerate the motions of your limbs (in particular, your arms), hamming it up enough to make Shatner steal some tricks from you. As you round a corner, you catch out of the corner of your eye a man lying down, presumably out of intoxication, and continue your rant, mentioning those who can't hold their liquor.

But soon after, you see another man, sneaking away from the scene. Continuing your ranting as to not tip them off that you've spotted them, you try to eye where they are going, to maybe have a hint as to who they are and what they were doing in the middle of the night. "I SWEAR TO MY BEARD THAT--"

But while your eyes wander in the direction you saw the shadowy figure go, they are away from right in front of you, and when you eventually
do
look forward, there's someone pointing a silenced gun straight at your chest.

"Oh,
smurf me.
"

By the time that last statement had been finished, the life has already been mostly drained from you, and it's not long before you rise up into the sky, joining your fellow slain in the halls of Valhalla for those who had died fighting for the cause.
EddieFenix's Death PM:
mastin2 wrote:
Encouraged by the lynch of a mafiate, you decide to take things one step further and investigate the house of
Cephrir
. It'd be just like with Nacho. You would visit the house, insert yourself carefully and make sure not to disturb him, search through his stuff and carefully place it back, looking for anything about him.

Step one, approach the window.
Step two, lockpick the window.

Step three, inser*THWACK*

...When you wake up, you realize someone hit you REALLY hard on the head, almost enough to have killed you. You're lucky to have escaped death, but you realize you've been moved, resting quite uncomfortably over a fire hydrant. You hear the rantings of an old man, which you suppose is what woke you up, and moaning, you grip your head wound. It's surprisingly not bleeding, and you seem like you're okay, so you begin to stagger onwards.

You're still fairly close to Cephrir's house, but after the mugging you received and with the throbbing pain from the wound making you feel as if you have a hangover, you decide that you've had enough for a night, and should just stutter towards your home.

Your investigation of Cephrir has failed.

Disappointed, you keep on thinking and thinking about how things went wrong, how you were careless, how you need to be more careful next time, how you need to succeed in getting something concrete. Pondering your failure, you don't hear the roaring of an engine until it's right next to you, headlights off--uh-oh.

*RATATATATATA*

...Not the best night to have had, but it happened all the same. You're now dead, but at least you've got a good view!

(If it's worth anything--had you not been roleblocked, you would have received the result of "Cephrir is a Tracker".)
(I threw him a bone.)

mastin2 wrote:
And now you're actually low on numbers. You know that you should get involved, but in your old age, you manage to strain yourself. Fearing a heart attack is imminent, you cancel your meeting with
penguin_alien
and leave instructions on what to do. At least it gives you a convenient excuse, to escape bickering with
Slandaar

Day three dawns with your return from the hospital.
(CTD's real-life situation helped contribute, here.)

penguin_alien, Blue Goon:
mastin2 wrote:
After receiving the notice from your boss that the meeting's been postponed, you sadly go on your way. You were looking forward to the celebration. You might never get another chance! And it should have been done, while the memory of the fallen was still fresh in mind.

Regardless, you had a target to find. Driving around, you locate
EddieFenix
and gun him down. It's a bit of a messy kill, but without your partner, it's as good as you can do using the olden ways. You really need another goon, but with no help on the way, you'll just have to make due.

Things were so much easier a night ago, and the realization makes you gloomy. How could you have known? That taking so few would be your doom? Whatever. With your leader confident enough in your victory, you decide it's worth fighting. On this street, you have to climb a deep curve. But
CrashtextDummie
maintains belief in victory, and that's all you need.

Day Three dawns.
(penguin_alien asked for doom and gloom. I progressively gave her more and more. :P)
Blue Mafia QT wrote:
penguin_alien
pays a brief visit to
CrashTextDummie
, hoping to pay respect to their dead before going on with the night's tasks. Unfortunately, her leader otherwise engaged, she has to take off, knowing that every night could be her last. You had planned on having one nice, good, long smoke together, but regrettably, it would have to wait.

Both resolving not to die, notes are exchanged, and Allison goes on her way to perform the deed. They would just have to reconvene another time. With
EddieFenix
marked to die, the only thing remaining is to choose how, and some good ol' fashioned drive-by seems an appropriate method.

Now, the pieces positioned, all you could do is wait.

Day would reveal your fate.

Day Three Starts Now. No more talking.

(There, that gloom enough for you? :P)

Cephrir, Red Tracker:
mastin2 wrote:
After Seanald and Bulbazak leave your home to go do their things, you spend the majority of the night watching
Nero Cain
. Though he paces restlessly through his house quite a number of times, he doesn't actually leave his house, and eventually, you see him frustratingly head to his bed.

Deciding to call it a night, you meet back up with your buddies to party, as you might as well have fun.

Nero Cain did not go anywhere during night two.

Day three dawns.
mastin2 wrote:
Meeting at Cephrir's house, you break out to do your respective tasks. You have the job of assaulting
EddieFenix
and roughing him up. He makes it rather easy on you, as you spot him...immediately next to Cephrir's house, trying to sneak in.

A bit alarmed, the hit you give to his head is a bit harder than you had been intending to do--you quickly survey the scene, and determine he didn't catch anything vital (yet), so you decide that he was harmless. Having made that conclusion, you dump him onto a fire extinguisher, carefully positioning him to appear as if he were a passed-out drunkard.

You spend some time walking around, presumably shadowed by Seanald, and meet up again with your buddies to party in a casino that you own. What a night!

Day Three dawns.
Seanald, Red Doctor/Neighbor B:
mastin2 wrote:
Different night, same routine. Working like a machine, you coordinate with your teammates to set up the hit. The target of interest?
Thor665
, who you have been selected to take from life.

Sometimes, your targets make it hard for you. Sometimes, they run. Sometimes, they hide. Sometimes, they fight.

...And, uhm...sometimes...you wonder how they could possibly be THAT stupid, as you hear him coming from literally a mile away. Loud and abrasive, you can tell he's had his fair share of drinks, and it's a testament to his gentlemanliness that he doesn't let loose curse words and maintains his composure.

Still, though, you wonder how to take him out stealthily, since his voice makes it quite easy to know when he's been taken out. Putting a silencer on your pistol, you decide to hide his death by taking him out when he's distracted--surely not a hard task, given his state of mind. Enlisting the aid of your protectee,
Bulbazak
, you make him turn away just long enough for you to slip in and get to point blank range.

Squeezing the trigger, the last words to escape his mouth are a resounding "Oh,
smurf me
."

Truly a badass to the end, you're actually surprised that's all it takes to drop him dead. I guess that's what advanced age will do to you, not to mention going a bit heavy on the liquor, too. The deed done, you spend the rest of the night partying with your buddies and having fun.

Day Three begins.
Red Mafia QT wrote:
Moving like the well-oiled machine you have trained yourselves to be, you work silently in the night, not afraid to show off your might. As you all go on your own ways, you know the plan. If things stayed as they are, your competition wouldn't stand a chance, for you've already gotten so far.

Tonight's kill is set to be on the mighty
Thor
, a man spoken of in lore. Taking him down would give you infamy, and in the underworld, that is crucial to strive for. With
Seanald
to do the deed, all is well for those in red, and with time, all not submitting would be dead.

It would be an excellent night.

Day three dawns.

Haylen/Rena, Watcher:
mastin2 wrote:
Your
crush
...err...
obsession
...umm...
interest
in
Om the Destroyer
having faded by the sense of mystery around his condition being gone, you instead decide to
stalk
...WATCH. WATCH.
Bacde
. Surely a man of such interest would draw attraction
from other equally-obsessed people
from figures of interest, so your handy
stalking glasses
binoculars fix on his house all night long.

Much to your shock
and glee
you had Bacde all to yourself
nobody else
hogged
visited him other than you. Departing and feeling tired, you hit your bed and try to sleep through what little remains of the night.

Nobody visited Bacde Night Two.

Day three begins all too soon.
Kulbai Khan, Jailkeeper:
mastin2 wrote:
Ah, you have fond memories of last night. Of picking up
Amethyst Kitty
and driving her around most of the night, having a small 2.5-person party. Day's coming was all too soon.

Once again, a reminder that this is just a flavorful way of saying that I received your action.
Look here for day's dawn.

ThAdmiral, 3x Vig/Neighbor C:
mastin2 wrote:
Tempted as you may be to end the misery of the city and take out one of the people who are annoying, you instead decide to conserve your bullets for when they may be of more value.

In place of that, you spend the night chatting to your buddy,
Peregrine
, who means a lot to you. Catching some sleep, you only hope you don't end up dead.

Luckily, you seem to escape that fate.

Day three dawns.
mastin2 wrote:
There's not much to say to your friend Sean Alderson, so you decide to catch some extra shut-eye. Thus, the flavor here is about as empty as your QT.

Day three has broken as hard as the fourth wall just did.
mastin2 wrote:
Once more talking with
ThAdmiral
, you get more work done than you did before. His predecessor claiming to own a gun (that he would have now inherited along with the house), you debate whether he should risk leaving the house in order to take a shot. Ultimately, you decide that if he is telling the truth, you should conserve his bullets for when they are needed more.

Though a minor gap exists in your notes, you have a fair better grasp on things than you did before, and thus, you go to sleep a bit early, hoping to wake up at least partially rested. It's not much, but it's enough to keep you on your feet for the upcoming day.

Day three begins.
Slandaar, VT/Neighbor A:
mastin2 wrote:
The night is long, oh so long, far too long for your tastes. Especially when the ramblings of a madman are ever-present. For once, though, the madman isn't your neighbor.
CrashTextDummie
, in his elderly state, leaves for the hospital shortly after your conversation had begun, thus, leaving you alone. All night long.

And then...you realize...you kinda miss him.

Ah, well. Old rivalries are funny that way.

Day three dawns, so your chat with CTD will have to wait.
(If you're wondering where the crappy comic comes from, it's mine. :P Was from one of my earliest webcomic projects, a gag-a-day comic.)

Grumpy Old Men (Neighbor A, CrashTextDummie/Slandaar):
As CrashTextDummie leaves for a medical emergency, Slandaar is left a little lonely. Though CTD does eventually return, by the time he has done so, day has already begun. D'oh! Because of some massive heartburn, you missed out on all the fun!

<<< Day begins, no more talking. >>>
TeleCan Communication (Neighborhood C, PeregrineV/ThAdmiral):
A productive day, a productive night. What can I say, you guys have had plenty of time. So with the line constantly open, a lot of messages have been sent. Which means that come day, you guys are (mostly) ready to enter the fray.

<b> <<< And that's it for tonight. Day begins with the sunlight. >>> [/b]
With the snap of thezmon, you both let out a cackle as you sit on your chairs. But nothing much pops into your minds, so your time talking is brief. You both leave, going your separate ways to spend your own time. Though comparative to yesterday, a fair bit more was said and done, you both feel as if there was more to say.

<<< And that brings us into day. >>>

All VTs, except Nero:
mastin2 wrote:
Though the day had gone splendidly, you know the mafia are going to be out for revenge. Deciding to lock up and board your home, you can only pray they don't slip through.

Oh, hell, who are you kidding? They could if they wanted to. Best just to not think of it, and let what will be happen. You end up going to sleep a bit early, hoping to get some--"SHOULDA BEEN SIMMPLE!" Oh, for heaven's sake,
not again!

After the madman shouting gets mostly out of earshot, you go to sleep peacefully and uneventfully. Though not as full a night's rest as normal, you know that if you continue doing as you have done, it will only be a matter of time before the battle is won.

Day three dawns.
This being Nacho, Bacde, Thor665, Amethyst Kitty, ffullisade, Om the Destroyer, and ArcAngel9.

Nero's PM:
mastin2 wrote:
You pace back and forth, endlessly dissatisfied with everything. Angry and feeling betrayed by
ArcAngel9
, you will yourself to kill her in your sleep, but despite the will, you can't find a way to do so, and thus, after damaging your tiled floor by having hammered it for too long, you decide it's time to retire for the night.

The damned yelling outside makes it hard to rest, but you do eventually manage to get some amount of sleep. Come day three, you would make the most of it, as you are the best. You will win!

Day three dawns.

Slandaar's Death PM, titled "*urk*":
mastin2 wrote:As much as you might despise being dead, Kublai Khan had a point: there were far worse ways you could have died. Ah, well. At least you no longer have the burdens of your failures on your mind! It could be said, that being a ghost is a personal hell. But it does have some benefits via some shiny new toys!
NIGHT THREE ACTIONS:
Kublai Khan Jailkeeps CrashTextDummie.
ThAdmiral shoots Bulbazak.
Rena watches ThAdmiral.
Cephrir tracks Nachomamma8.
Bulbazak roleblocks Rena.
Seanald kills ArcAngel9.
penguin_alien kills Kublai Khan.
Seanald protects Bulbazak.
Nero Cain "vigs" Bulbazak.

Results?

ArcAngel9's Death PM:
mastin2 wrote:
Yesterday did not go very well at all. Hard and hard as you tried, the rest of the citizens were determined to kill an ally. You saw it coming and tried to warn them, but your message was hit by a brick wall. This would be much harder than it had been.

But not to despair, you tell yourself. All would be well, and all would be fair. While yesterday had ended in defeat, you're fully confident that you'll have victory. They might have larger egos, they may outrank you...but despite their experience, to arrogance they are not immune. So, you're going to let them know, you're there to help them win. After the massive failure of the day, their pride is sure to have taken a blow.

And with that, you are confident in what you say, so you can beat the mafia in what they've been best at. You know you're on the right track, and all you need to do is live to lecture such. You have that rare gift that others lack, the ability to get the job done. So you rest very well indeed, despite the activities.

...But perhaps your rest is a bit too deep, as you struggle and struggle to wake up when in need. It's only too late that you realize...you won't live to have your prize. It would seem...that the mafia have deemed...you a thread to their killing. And they smother you in your sleep.

While your death may have happened anticlimactically, at least it may let the town see, that you were on to something, and with your sacrifice they may be free.

...Still sucks, though. :P But as things play out, you're in luck; there's a place for the dead to go, where you can continue to shout. :P
Kublai Khan's Death PM:
mastin2 wrote:
Ah, what a lovely day, and what a lovely night. Okay, so you might have killed someone innocent, but let's put that point aside. That failure would give cover for you to do what you have been, and to pick someone up and give them a ride. In this case, you go for
CrashTextDummie
, who gives no fight. (Though the chloroform is responsible most probably.) And you go and go for very late, returning him to his home only near the dawn.

...But wait, why is this message far more explicit? Well, my friend, it is because...you're about to face your fate. As you bring CTD into his house, you run into someone around the bend. You drop your guest and consider running, but realize it's far too late by now. Gun squarely pointed to your chest, and knowing this is the end, your only thought is a weak "Oh,
hell.
"

To the dead QT you go!
mastin2 wrote:
He might have been your enemy, he might have been a thorn in your side. He might have been a pain, but you have to admit, you'd prefer his presence. Without him, nights are quite lonely. You have the company of
penguin_alien
for parts of the night, but she's far too precious to you for you to risk keeping her around. If she were to be tied to you, it would be bad for whoever survived. Having youth on her side, you let her go off to perform the kill, leaving yourself to ponder.

It could be any moment that some upstart tries to take your life. So you have your gun by your side, ready and waiting to take them down in a mutual homicide. It'd probably only work if they have great pride, but it's certainly worth a try.

It's a scary situation for sure, but what can you do? For quite a while you actually pass out, which you attribute to your old limbs. But as scary as the night has been...you're surprisingly unharmed when it comes time for day.

Was penguin_alien as fortunate as you have been?
Check out day four to find out my friend!
penguin_alien, Blue Goon:
mastin2 wrote:
You say a long tearful goodbye to your friend and mentor,
CrashTextDummie
. He would be staying at home, perhaps never to be seen again, yet you had a duty to perform, a final act of his to carry out. This could be it. This could be the end. At any point, it could all be over. You could die, or he could. Either way, the chances of your survival do not look great. Especially not without his meatshield of Slandaar.

You set out to slay the great
Khan
, not knowing what will happen until dawn. He couldn't get too far, for you are too good. You get his license number and soon his van is what you find. As soon as he steps around the curve, you hold back a squeal of joy. He's a sitting duck for you to kill. You make sure to memorize the moment here and now, as you see the look of terror on his face when he realizes he's the one to go. Gun at his chest and having victory, all he has to say is "Oh
hell
."

That went well!

Day is dawning. Find out if your partner is here to live on!
Blue Mafia QT wrote:
<<< Slandaar's death was a bit of a double-edged sword. Though he was a nuisance to CTD, his rivalry had given you cover. With that element removed, you know that mistakes are something you cannot afford. It is decided once again for
penguin_alien
to do the deed, since it had worked fairly well as you had learned. She might be merely a goon, but she would be an awfully-useful tool.
CrashTextDummie
made it clear that he knew...she would find the best way to kill the person he wanted to be gone.

And in this case, their victim would be
Kublai Khan
, a final act of destruction to give before day. Now they would have that oh so painful wait, never knowing what would be their fate. As much as they would pretend to be great, they could not forget what
ThAdmiral
would say.

Their days were numbered, and it'd only be a matter of time. Sooner or later, one of them would die. Gloomy as the statement may be, it's a sad fact of life they had both seen. Their partners they had been so close to were no longer alive, so the two buddies hang out until near morning when they say reluctant goodbyes... >>> </i>

Sorry it's not very dark, but I can only do so much to play that part. :P Especially given the results of the night, and how you can still fight. But needless to say...
it is now day.
There's another flavor inconsistency here in that PA is considered a mere pawn of CTD here, but is later seen as something much, MUCH more valuable. If I actually had the time to double-check these things, you'd have seen more consistency, but oh well.

Cephrir, Red Tracker:
mastin2 wrote:
There's not much you can talk about, given as how you've mostly mapped out your actions before-hand. After all, you
are
professionals, so you've basically mapped out your strategy for quite a while. As before, you have confidence that your team will not be in harm's way and will succeed, though both Bulbazak and Seanald are worried about their fates.

No matter. Even if one of them were to die, you'd carry on without them just fine. You mostly just chat about things casually, though you do make references for what tomorrow will bring.

Your talks mostly finished, you depart relatively quickly to stalk
Nachomamma8
, as had been decided. Surely, the sandwich maker would have SOMETHING up his sleeves, since no normal human being would be
that
good at making sandwiches! I mean, he made sandwiches better than your mother!

So you watch him, and watch him, but as far as you can tell...he doesn't leave his house for the entirety of the night. Hmm...odd. That wasn't part of your plans, for him to have gone nowhere. All the same, it is what it is, so you'll have to use your new info to the best of your ability.

Nachomamma8 did not visit anyone Night Three.

Day Four dawns.
mastin2 wrote:
You leave a bit later than normal to set out on your task, since you figure that if
Rena
is who she claims to be, she'll be out and about. It could always be coincidence, sure, but as it turns out--for whatever reason--you're right, and you find her nearby, moving slowly through the night. She's cautious about her movements, making them slowly, while also quite observant of her surroundings.

While normally, you'd sneak up from behind to clobber her, you figure that she'll see you coming, so you just plain rush into her. Surprised at the speed and strength you move at, she doesn't have time to react before you enter a tackle. One solid THWACK to the head, and making sure she's not dead, you discard her aside. You might be a monster, but at least you have some sense of chivalry.

Though Seanald seems a bit irritated throughout the night, you decide it's nothing worth noting, and sleep soundly into the day.

The fourth day begins.
mastin2 wrote:
While killing people with bullets is certainly fun enough, you've gotten a bit bored with the same old stuff. Though it's a bit reckless given you're supposed to be quick, when you sneak in to AA9's residence, you instead decide...her death will be silent. You grab the nearest pillow and cover her head, and though she squirms a little bit, soon she is dead. You celebrate and a cigarette is lit, and double-check her vital signs for integrity. She indeed died with some dignity, appropriate for someone not easily misled.

You spend the rest of the night protecting Bulbazak, who is more than a handful given his blunt tactic. (Even when blocking ex-
Haylen
, he was more reckless than he could have been.) Though they often give you a bunch of crap, you know deep down that you're acting a lot like a dad. They don't really respect you a little bit, despite the fact that you do all of their dirty work. You don't really mind being their instrument, but still it's a bit of a chore. Doesn't matter too much given that you're a team, but they underestimate your value for sure.

It doesn't make you mad, but it is bothering, but oh well, it keeps life from being a bore. You'd never take a chance to repent, and are determined that with your buddies, you will burn in hell.

...But if your team will have their way, that condemnation is a long time away. Right now you are free.

Day Four begins.
Red Mafia QT wrote:
You guys are the agents of the devil, and cannot stand an angel. So when it comes time, you decide to get rid of
ArcAngel9
. Though you all have other tasks to do, you had enough time to strategize you knew.
Seanald
would be the one to silence her act, while also double-dutying by protecting
Bulbazak
. Speaking of him, he goes out to block formerly-
Haylen
. That left only
Cephrir
needing something to occupy him 'til day, so you decided to have him track
Nachomamma8

All the while were you partying, because while danger abounded, you were free. The fact that you were close to the noose need not be said, but it didn't matter because you have full confidence in your unit. As close as it had been, you know you have a chance at winning. You're the pros at killing, so it's perfectly fine to indulge in some sins.

After all, these streets would soon fall. You've been living a high life of luxury, and it's been built out of a life of bad deeds. You know you can harvest that power, just if you live a bit longer. This place would begin your empire, after you burn it all down with fire. First you'd have to get rid of the residents, who one-by-one are falling thanks to your presence.

A few days more is all you need, before this maniacal street is consumed by greed.

It's a bit late, but it's now day!
Totally intentional foreshadowing. Totally. >_>
(No, it's actually a MASSIVE coincidence. :P)

Haylen/Rena:
mastin2 wrote:
With Bacde having been a bust, and Ommy having disappointed you, you once more move to richer pastures, this time coming to
ThAdmiral
's house. Surely, the guy claiming to own a gun would attract the interest of SOMEONE! So, you run through your check list. Cameras, check. Binoculars, check. Night Vision Goggles, check. Infrared, check. Food and water supply, check. Ladder? Eh, you'll find a way to climb without it; you're too excited to wait.

So, you run off once again, determined to get something. You're going to watch the admiral, you're going to have a good--*THWACK*

...You're rushed, tackled to the ground so quickly you don't even notice, and just as rapidly left stunned and dazed, even passing out. Something knocked you out, but you lose your ability to think coherently before identifying what that something is. By the time you wake up, you're in nearly the exact same place you were knocked out, but it's so close to day's dawning that you have no choice but to return home, empty-handed.

You receive no result.

Day four dawns!
ThAdmiral, 3x Vig:
mastin2 wrote:
You enter a lengthy discussion with your neighbor,
PeregrineV
, on who to shoot, now that it's known to all that you own a gun. Though he has much to say, you silently decide on your own that you already know who to target. You make sure to carefully record his opinion, but his words fall on otherwise-deaf ears, as you've already got in your head the idea of shooting
Bulbazak

After a little bit of more general discussion, you leave for the night and go to shoot your target. You sneak into Bulbazak's house, and silently--OW! Sonofabitch! Where'd that come from?
mostly
silently work your way into his bedroom. Your toe having been stubbed by hitting whatever you did (geez, how do the mafia do it? They clearly make it look so easy; do they have some magical ability to see in the dark?), it's a bit difficult, but you manage it all the same.

It's too dark to see for sure if you're actually aiming at his body, but you get close enough where you can tell that there's something in his bed, and can guess that it's him. Aiming as carefully as you can, you take a shot when you're reasonably sure you'll hit him.

And the deed done, you depart from his house carefu--*CRISH* Oh, goddammit. Well, he wouldn't be needing that plate, anyway, come morning. Still, it made a lot of noise, so you hastily make your exit and return home for the night, too exhausted to continue talks with PV. You'd have to wait until morning to tell if you actually shot Bulbazak, but one thing's for sure: you are now down to only two bullets.

You successfully took a shot last night and have two bullets remaining.

Day four begins now.
(By now, I was putting in some ambiguity.)

mastin2 wrote:
You talk yet again with
ThAdmiral
, this time far more seriously. He has revealed to the others that he has a gun, and tonight he has told you that he intends to use it. You give him some suggestions and he comments on his own, but you know that ultimately, he's the one who will be running the show. You let him leave, not knowing for sure who he's going to kill, or even if he's going to do one at all. He does cut communications, so presumably was gone, but you'd not know for sure until dawn.

Day four begins.
mastin2 wrote:
At last you get some good hearty discussion! In fact, you continue to chat for quite a lot of the night, though ultimately, you both agree that you need some sleep. As such, you go to bed, and with luck, will wake up refreshed. Well, assuming you wake up at all.

...And as day breaks, looks like you lucked out.

Though you didn't exactly luck out with length of flavor. (Sorry!)
Anyway, day four dawns.
Grumpy Old Men (Neighborhood A, CrashTextDummie[/Slandaar]):
Silence.

Perhaps it's golden after all? Well, regardless,
Closed until night.
TeleCan (Neighborhood C, PeregrineV/ThAdmiral):
Discussion is not as long as before, as both know that there is far less to be said. You both know that
ThAdmiral
has claimed to own a gun in public, both have gotten more-or-less caught up on current affairs, and all that left was finalization of who he would shoot. Talk is made, and then cut off, for ThAdmiral claims to have a job to do. So, he waves goodbye, and the line is cut.

What're the results?
Doesn't matter;
day dawns, no talk
Finally you enter a great debate, having a lot of reads to talk about as of late. This great Slandaar affair is more than worthy of discussion, and you're aware there is much to be done. But ultimately, you both realize that you need sleep. So despite how much talking you do, you need to leave for bed soon.

<<< Day's dawned. >>>

All VTs except Nero:
mastin2 wrote:
The day had not gone well, and you can only pray that the night goes better. At this stage in the mafia's sick little game, you needed every edge you could get. Among them most primarily being yourself, of course. Who better to catch the mafia than you? You may be able to trust certain individuals, but for the most part, the only person you trust to not be corrupted is yourself, and you constantly lie in fear of being next.

You're determined to make the mafia learn...everything from your home to the street to your cars, is YOURS. No matter how much it might have repulsed you before, you desire now nothing more than a life that's dull. So you lock your doors and do some praying too. Short of perishing before the next day, you'd make sure the mafia would burn in hell.

Day four begins.
This being Nacho, Bacde, Thor665, Amethyst Kitty, ffullisade, and Human Destroyer.

Nero:
mastin2 wrote:
Once more, you spend a restless night pacing around your house, knowing full and well you can't do anything. You send harsh thoughts to Bulbazak and do your damnedest to try and hate him, but despite the massive amount of mental effort you put in, you are doubtful that anything will answer your call for his death.

And in your experience you have found...nobody's as reliable as you for mafia hunting. It might be a bit of a chore, but you're fully confident you're the only one who can send 'em to hell.

Day four starts.

The flavor really begins to take off around N4 (as CTD knows), so I'm calling this the half-way mark. Rest of flavor to follow.
It'll take me a while to compile, and I'm actually a bit short on time, so I'm taking a short break here. Part two of the flavor in a few hours.
My academy.
Agnigi
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6633 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:47 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 6631, mastin2 wrote:(CTD's response? "Oh you have GOT to be kidding me. I hate, hate, hate the neighbor role. Hate it. HATE it. And scum on top of it. Rage." He had noooooooooo clue. :P)
And Mastin's response to that?
mastin2 wrote:Sorry? :P
You had no clue either. ;) But thanks for bringing that up. And rubbing it in. *grumble*

More flavor please! And post-game Mastin-thoughts. It's one of the main reasons I signed up for this game. :p
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6634 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 6633, CrashTextDummie wrote:More flavor please! And post-game Mastin-thoughts.
Coming today. The short-short version for the post-game thoughts, though, is that despite everyone's reassurances that I'm an awesome mod, I'm a terrible terrible mod who made a bundle-load of mistakes. :P Delaying the game's ending, delaying the release of the flavor, and so on and so forth among them. I might have the potential to
be
an awesome mod, but despite everyone's words of encouragement, I don't think I actually
was
one.

I'm not going to be modding another game until I can assure myself that I'm not going to let myself get overwhelmed. (Which probably means half a year from now, circa July 2014.) I'm not going to mod another normal game, because I don't want to walk the line again with flavor. (Theme games give you freedom to write flavor. Flavor that will still be just flavor, a fact I'll continue to emphasize, but flavor that is more acceptable and even expected to be given.) I'm not going to mod another large game for QUITE a while, because I don't think I can handle that many players with my current experience. This game was hard, and I think overall it was TOO hard for me to handle and ultimately overwhelmed me as a result, thanks to my obsessiveness. (Attention to detail, great skill for a mod who can put those details in for a few players. Attention to detail, bad skill to have when dealing with detailing two-dozen players. :P)

Butyeah. Tracking down the notes now.

To hold you over until I compile things. Random fun fact. I created a modding folder because this game was clouding my inbox* and outbox. Between messages sent and received (and subtracting, oh, about two dozen or so PMs regarding non-Maniacal-Street-Mafia modding stuff in said folder), I've got approximately 750 or so messages relating to this game. Likely about equally spread between sent and received (probably more sent, honestly), but you get the idea. This game filled nearly the entirety of my brand-new modding folder. :P I'm going to need to split that folder in half. (Butyeah, that's one reason it's taking a while to get the flavor. While I have the flavor in my QT, I often made last-minute fixes/modifications to the flavor when I actually sent the PM that the QT version doesn't contain. Thus, tracking down the messages.)

*On average, I typically get 2-3 PMs a day, I'd estimate. Maybe a bit lower during times where I'm alive in games (counter-intuitively enough, the more games I'm alive in, the less PMs I get** :P), but if I'm only alive in a couple or so games, that's a quite-realistic PM load for me to receive, and I can get up to 5. (Weekends are especially bad that way.) My inbox is almost full again, so I need to create more folders.

This is one reason why I made a modding account a couple years ago. (I haven't used it yet, and I'm not sure the account survived The Rollback, but if so, I'm probably using it next game I mod.) Because I anticipated back then me getting a LOT of modding PMs and eventually running out of room to stock them in. :P

**Actually, it makes sense given site rules forbid outside contact with a player when a game's ongoing. So there's a good explanation, just not one immediately apparent.
My academy.
Agnigi
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6635 (ISO) » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:30 am

Mastin, god damn you! It's been more than a month. I still care.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6636 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:20 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 6635, CrashTextDummie wrote:Mastin, god damn you! It's been more than a month. I still care.
Yeah. I realized that I'm in the middle of a big, massive, whopping huge depression. (Absolutely nothing anyone can directly do to help me. There's no physical cause. No problem in my life causing the depression. It's depression because it's depression. Not because of some magical trigger. Depression just is. It exists. Moral support's always welcome, though. :P Especially treatment of it. There's a good 90% chance that anything you suggest is either something I absolutely refuse to ever do [drugs--I won't take a pill for it] or is something I'm already doing, but the 10% chance of giving me a new idea is worth it. :P) Which made me realize I'll never finish it.

This is why I'm not fit to be a mod, more than any other factor right now. (Hell, I'm barely fit to be a player right now. :/) I promised myself, absolutely promised myself, that I wouldn't fall into the trap of becoming SaintKerrigan, yet that's exactly what ultimately ended up happening in spite of my effort.

So because I'm not going to likely finish releasing the flavor (god, I wish I could muster the willpower to do so, but you have no clue just how much I'm struggling to do anything mafia-related right now--not because I'm overwhelmed; I
have
the time. Because it's just THAT large of a mental blockade), I'll just directly release this.

The modding QT is here. You can see a lot of the remainder in there, though the actual PMs sent might be different by a word or two and it's not the same as viewing it in the forum.

With luck. (And yes, it will be luck.) I'll quote out here the flavor for the remaining nights and days for you to read. I'll also go into extensive detail about each player, and my overall thoughts. But I offer absolutely no guarantees. Those are things I want to do. Not necessarily things I can promise will be done. Buuuuuuuut, I'll give you the quick rundown. The inspiration for the game was mainly iamausername's Emerald City Mafia game. Switch Blue with Vermilion and Red with Cerulean, and you've got the same basic layout. Not a carbon copy, but similar enough that you could see the homage. (Ironically enough, the same faction ended up winning. :P The Blue this game is equivalent to iamausername's Vermilion red.)

The game took influence from other multiscum games, like chkflip's and Trumpet of Doom's, but that was the main one. The neighborhoods were randomly generated, and I hated the cliched distribution, but had to run with the hand I was dealt. The game was swingy, but ultimately, balanced against Blue ever so slightly. Red was fine, the town was fine (though the town losing basically the entirety of their power within the first few nights basically dampened that significantly :P), but Blue was underpowered. Them winning is more a testament to luck and skill than it is to the setup, since the setup worked against them and they have every right to complain. They were at the disadvantage, and still pulled it off; I was quite impressed by that.

The game was plagued by other problems, though, most of them my own creation. I made dozens of moderating errors throughout the game, some small and some not-so-small. My enforcement of the rules also varied, from super-strict to super-lax with no consistency. My methods of encouraging players often backfired. The result was a sloppily-modded game that ultimately couldn't even have its one remaining draw (flavor) be finished. All-in-all, I'd give myself no more than a 6/10 overall rating this game as a mod.

Still, though. It was an absolute blast for me to mod, despite my shortcomings. I loved watching things unfold, and I'm ecstatic that things ended up getting as close as they did; each faction had a chance of winning right up to the second-to-last lynch (where Bulbazak got lynched), with the remaining two duking it out after that. (And, honestly, all three sides played so well that I was perfectly okay with literally any of them winning. Red played solidly, Blue played solidly, and while the town was occasionally rocky, played solidly and almost made a complete comeback.)

I've mostly heard that people enjoyed the game, so I hope those comments are sincere and the game was fun. Its ending might be depressingly anticlimatic, saddening with how pathetic it is, but aside from that, I hope that if nothing else, it's not a game anyone participating in is going to forget for a long while.

As I said, if I can muster the will, I'll go into more depth about any and all of this, but for the time being, that's it. Sorry for failing so miserably.
My academy.
Agnigi
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6637 (ISO) » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself, Mastin. Depression is a bitch. There's plenty of reason for you to be proud of this game.

Now that I was able to read the rest of the flavor, I could finally give you that well deserved flavor nom. And maybe that'll motivate you to make it more easily accessible. ;)

Also, I quite enjoyed reading some of the development process of this game and I think more mods should make this kind of information available. a) it's informative and b) it makes it easier to analyze where things went wrong (and right!) in set-up design.

Interestingly enough, you had the right idea very early in the process:
Mastin in #19 of the mod QT wrote:Basically, from a technical standpoint, daytalk makes the Red Mafia scumteam a LOT stronger than the Blue Mafia scumteam.
Not quite sure where along the line you were swayed, but there you have it, succinctly worded and 100% accurate. :p
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6638 (ISO) » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 6637, CrashTextDummie wrote:Don't be so hard on yourself, Mastin. Depression is a bitch. There's plenty of reason for you to be proud of this game.

Now that I was able to read the rest of the flavor, I could finally give you that well deserved flavor nom. And maybe that'll motivate you to make it more easily accessible. ;)
Thanks for the reassuring words, CTD.

And, yeah. I'm obviously hindered given my current situation, but I'll do my best to get it done when my vacation ends.
My academy.
Agnigi
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6639 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Re: The title

I thought the finale was climatic enough.

I sucked, but I felt tension while making my wrong decision. :lol:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #6640 (ISO) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Tierce »