NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6600 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Ending flavor, part one. (Part two to come next post.)

All the kids are throwing sticks:
Politics
Nights on the wire!
Everybody wants to get by
'Ts a test of the times!
A test of my rights
It's on pretty lady

Born to be angry
Grip of the vice
Click on the trigger, girl;
Sip wine on ice!

It's about time
Best to rewind
You better blow
Pistols, pistols...

Lights low
Go on baby go
It's a bad time
I'm on a tight rope!

Don't go-o!
It's about time, It's about time!

Everybody come on
Lights on
The beaches
Everybody come on; delight!

Close the front door
I don't wanna go
Like I'm on the 'Truman Show!'

Best to let go
You don't wanna know
You better blow!

Lights low
Go on baby go
It's a bad time
I'm on a tight rope!

Don't go-o!
It's about time, It's about...

All the years of paradise
Paradigms
Paralyze
Us
"You're crazy!"

All the cards you've organized
Shuffled twice in front of my eyes
Everybody has
Needs, wants, a cold gun!

Lights low
Go on baby go
It's a bad time
I'm on a tight rope!

Don't go-o!
It's about time, It's about...PISTOLS

<<< The time had finally come. They dragged on for as long as they could, but come time for dusk, a decision had to be made. It all came down to this. The final moments.

Nachomamma8
and
penguin_alien
battled it out, leaving their fates in the hands of
PeregrineV
, who dragged things on and on and on, waiting to make his move, cautiously thinking it through.

He felt lost. Doubt wrecked his mind, as he considered if
both
Nacho and penguin could be scumbags of different kinds, making a victory on the streets impossible, but ultimately, he held onto that slim hope that he could win. That he wouldn't lose.

It might have only been a little more than a week, yet things feel as if they have been drawn on for far longer than that, leaving restless spirits about, waiting impatiently to be finally released from the mortal coil or forever bound to it. All it'd take, now, was some precious few seconds for their destinies to be decided.

But what would it be? Could the honest citizens actually pull it off? Anguishing over it for far too long, all PeregrineV could do is pray that he could do the right thing.

And the faithful words come out of his mouth, sealing the deal once and for all. And all he could do is to wait, as things would be revealed one way or another. With just three remaining, and with one now in the noose, with only two left, there would be a resolution to the conflict. But...what would it be?

Nacho went out cursing PeregrineV. Impossible to remain collected after such an ordeal, it is fair to say that he lost it just as much as PeregrineV did, but in a vastly different way. He cursed his name, out of anger, out of frustration, out of utter disappointment that...that...
this
is how it would all end. However, undeterred, PeregrineV pushed through.

And while understanding the decision, Nacho just stood there, in disbelief.

It was over.

"It shouldn't have ended like this."

"I'm sorry. But this is how it is."

And with that...Nacho was put to death. Many words could have been exchanged. Many emotions certainly were. But an eerily-long silence crept over the streets (moreso than normal), signifying something major having happened.

It had ended.

"Did...did we do it?" PeregrineV asked penguin_alien as twilight's light glistened a brilliant red on the two of them, the last of the yellows having already begun to fade into the night.

"Did we...win?"

"Yeah...we did."

*BAM*

A brief look of horror flashes across the face of the victim, having suddenly been claimed by the violence in the moment least expected. And in this weakened state, it took every bit of energy PeregrineV had to stand and face his attacker.

There, him bleeding with a wound to the gut, he stared at penguin_alien. He wasn't in shock. Rather, not from being shot. While disappointed, while sad, while angry at himself that he would never get a chance at a full life, to finish the work he had started...none of that really mattered to him. What really mattered was the face on his assailant, and that was certainly not what he expected to see.

The simple look in her eyes told the whole story, without a need for complex words. There was no pleasure at securing a kill, or at achieving that final victory. There was no dispassionate coldness of a professional killer having just claimed their final bounty. No...the look on her face is that, almost the same as his own, of a human being undergoing the deepest emotions of all.

For she held a sorrow in her heart, regretting everything, and that look of sadness was enough for him, in his final moments, to tell. That she was cursed to live. That she didn't want any of this but was going through it anyway. That she truly loved, respected, cared, and admired for others, but ultimately, held loyalty to a single man,
CrashTextDummie

That regret, yet that determination, yet that feeling of loneliness and emptiness. Yes, he had known those all too well to ever miss them coming from his assassin. This was not a victory either side would have enjoyed. For now...she had nobody. Nothing left. But the ashes of her former home, ruined by the decay of time, rotting into a hellhole. No, she desired that just as little as any other citizen would have, and seeing it happen broke her heart.

So much death. So much loss. So much wasted life, so much wasted potential, so much lost forever to never be regained. She knew this, and so did he.

Complex words could have been given, but simple words worked just as well, to point respect and admiration to each other, for having danced the good dance and let it conclude.

So in the moments after he is shot, once recovering from the shock, PeregrineV simply smiles.

"Well-done."

No curse to have bad luck, no wish for a comeback (though obviously wishing he could take his original decision back), and even wishing her better fame and fortune than she had held thusfar in life.

A simple parting, between two who could be considered friends, despite their opposing end-objectives. That was all that need be said.

And, after collapsing to his knees, wavering, ready to fall into death, he was caught by his shooter, who gently let him drift to the ground. His eyes closing, blurred vision, he can't help but notice that penguin_alien was tearing up herself, holding a weak smile, and unable to utter the words, yet feeling them all the same.

'Thank you'. Not given in a condescending 'thank you for giving me the victory' way. A heartfelt feeling of gratitude for everything.

And it's that feeling which lets him pass with ease, ending his life in the mortal coil, and leaving the lone survivor around to pick up the mess and reforge things as she saw fit.

She was not CrashTextDummie. She couldn't hope to fulfill his vision. But...she could create one of her own. >>>
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6601 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:08 am

Post by mastin2 »

Two Years later
:

<<< Alison Leah Ien, alias
penguin_alien
, had died that day. She lived on, as her foster-father CrashTextDummie had intended her to do, but she was a changed woman, whose outlook on life had been permanently altered. Reflecting these changes, she had decided to leave that name behind her. Needing a somewhat-plausible explanation to avoid the short hand of the law, she decided it would be best if she were legally dead, taking on the name of the actually-dead Rena, and even her alias of Haylen.

While it took some pulling of the strings to work, it worked well enough that nobody questioned her word or her identity. After all...now? Now...she ruled more than just the streets. She had avoided being caught, and now controlled everything. She might not have wanted it, but she did her best to handle things as delicately as she could, to make her own will, her own vision, come true as a result of this tragedy.

Yes. It had taken far too long to do, but she had crafted the streets that had once been maniacal back into a paradise similar to what they had used to be. While silently ruling from the underground as an invisible dictator, there was peace. The city was prospering. The crime rate became the absolute lowest it had ever been, exceeding most cities in how rare it was, simply because she now was the head of the only organized crime existing.

The red empire had long-since fallen apart. Its ring-leaders dead, and made up mostly of greedy thugs, they eventually imploded on themselves and were wiped out. With the citizens pacified and the law under her control, she had created happiness, even if it was happiness through unseen slavery.

Though the nasty things such as drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and, ah, "finer" pleasures in life, still exist, Alison's regulations became so strict (especially when it comes to children) that they run like a business in their efficiency and usage policy.

This is undoubtedly not what the original denizens of the streets had wanted--but she had done in two years what they couldn't have done in twenty. It certainly was more kind-hearted than the ruthless schemes of her predecessor, but she saw no issues with that. Yes...this was power used well, and power that had influence continue to grow.

She ruled not just the city, but the entirety of the underground world, having expanded outward and conquered all her rivals just as she had previously learned to do. She even got positions of high power--including the President of the nation, to be under her domain.

This was true power, this was true strength. She was the queen of the world, "Haylen", having entirely fulfilled a promise to never stop expanding.

Yes, Alison may hold the day job of running an orphanage, but her night job is supporting so many community activities and so many things funded by her business. Including the project to rebuild her shattered suburb, paying living families of the deceased anonymous compensation, and the creation of a memorial that honored the lost souls to her struggle.

Cedric Phlox Richardson was a military veteran, having served in eight conflicts over his term of service. A competent marksman and excellent tracker, he was known for his cold, professional attitude. A bit of a loner, he never worked well in teams, and it should come as no surprise that he did not socialize with others well.

When his tour of duty was finished, he landed in the middle of our recession, left with no job and no support. Left to beg on the streets, his skills were eventually realized, and he became a professional stalker in the underground, able to execute missions with militaristic precision. Introduced to the various goods in the underground world (including drugs), he found himself incapable of leaving, preferring the life of crime.

It wasn't long before his ambition drove him to seek control of his life, sick of taking orders and being screwed over by others. It is this common mindset which got
Cephrir
into contact with his allies.

Nathaniel Charles Morgenson the eight came from a long line of Morgensons who held the same ordinary lifestyle. Having no family trade, they had a long familial history of being jacks of all trades, and masters of none. Well-studied and well-versed on most subjects, researching them thoroughly, they all had a certain level of charm to them.
Nachomamma8
thought these talents could help him solve the problems in the community, volunteering to be a strong voice in the community, but ultimately, his life was claimed in the string of violent murders.

David Louis Green emmigrated from the city life, living peacefully in an isolated rural community for the rest of his life. Though constantly coming back to the fight, and longing for a chance to meet his lover once again, he resolved to put a close to that chapter in his life, never returning to see the results, and never being bothered by them either.

Peter Rene Green the fifth, a distant cousin of
DLG
insisting on the nickname "
PeregrineV
" immigrated to the streets from the city, called to them by his distant cousin DLG to take care of their family house. Kind-hearted and good with numbers, being a math teacher before having moved, he resolved to find the answer to the equations involving the chaos on the streets, believing that math could instill order.

Daniel "
Action Dan
" Knight, a hardened veteran of war, held a peaceful city life for years, seemingly unphased. However, when exposed to situations in the streets dangerously close to things he had been through, a severe case of Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder caused him to have a severe mental breakdown, confining him to an insane asylum. Though crazy, he is one of the few to have lived through the ordeal.

Hank "Hanzo" Soldier, a fifth member of his squad, was personally selected to replace the incoherent madman. Unfortunately, he seemed to fall into an identical pattern as his predecessor, unable to keep up with the madness around him. His promises empty, he carted himself off to check in voluntarily to be along-side his war-buddy Danny.

Admiral Theodore James Johnson, known simply as
ThAdmiral
, was a middle-aged veteran of multiple wars, and good friends with ActionDan and Hanzo_5. Known for his stealth and decent accuracy, he was selected to come in and help by their words, personally. Inheriting a revolver, he is said to have gone out hunting, but to what effect remains ambiguous.

Nero Cain
Hitler, an unfortunately-named individual, had the same delusions of power that his name might suggest. An enigma, nobody is truly certain where he came from. All that's known is that he was murdered mid-way into the massacres in the streets.

roflcopter
, real name unknown, fled into obscurity, not to be seen again. What is known about him is not much, other than that he was, in fact, a he.

Baron von Cedar, known as
Bacde
, mild royalty, was a long-time resident of the streets, living in a rather luxurious house. When thoughts of his home being threatened arrived, he didn't hesitate to volunteer. However, an accident involving fire left him charred close to death, which forced him to leave.

Baily Aether Zhukov, otherwise called
Baezu
, was a poor immigrant who held decent ties to the baron, who got him into the world. Though not strong in English, he was smart, aiming to eventually procure a job as a counselor giving advice to others.

And last, but not least...
Alison Leah Ien was an orphan on the streets. Found by Daniel Ulrich Mauer begging on the streets, he took her under his wing as a protégé to become a potential successor. Growing up under his tutelage and treating him as a father, she learned a lot about the world, including a lot on cars. However, her true passion was to open an orphanage, to help prevent what happened to her from happening to others.

A calm, quite, and kind-hearted woman, humble and fair in passing verdicts, she was a practically-perfect person. Though harboring a dark secret, she did her best to remain respectful, sending her best to those who, like her, had survived. And that is something she is still burdened by. No others had lost as much as she had, nor seen the horrors of the war more intimately. Though she tries her best to cover it up, those things will continue to haunt her for the rest of her live, constantly lingering about her. All the death, over almost nothing worthwhile. That level of trauma leaves some fundamental scarring on a person at their most basic level, giving them post-traumatic stress.

It's not easy coping with the aftermath. Least of all coming from someone who had grown to despise killing, yet ultimately did more than any other. More than that, watching them all die was horrific. Her entire family died, with only her left to survive. To this very day, whenever thinking about it, she breaks down and cries. That loss, that pain, can never fade. But she did what she could, to recover, to normalize.

Living a seemingly small life, she manages an orphanage. It was in this orphanage that she spotted a young man. Constantly getting into fights and trying to obtain illegal substances, full of hatred, full of rage, and yet, absolutely brilliant. Still but a child, she sensed in him the potential to pass on her own legacy, one that with luck, she could make be a good one.

Things are quiet. Things have finally become peaceful, albeit at great cost. Life may not be good, but it is better than in most places. Life exists, even if freedom doesn't. With time, seasons pass and wounds of winters begin to heal with the oncoming of summer. A richness and vibrancy has sprouted from what had been decay, even if it comes at a price. People might not hold the same trust they once did of one another, but they get along well enough, helping around when they can. And most of all...things are safe. Secure. Without challenge. Though troubles are bound to exist, none are so daunting as to be impossible to overcome.

There may always be a criminal life, but that life does not necessitate the misery of all. It might be a maniacal situation, but it's a solution that has at least been filled with the order we so desperately seek in our lives.

Their act had been cleaned up, and while not in the way they intended for it to be...it would at least...be enough to satisfy everyone. After all...life sucks. But they'll go on living it, anyway. >>>

The
Blue Mafia
--consisting of Red Ryu, thezmon221, CrashTextDummie, and
penguin_alien
, have won New York 164: Maniacal Street Mafia!

Not quite a "wrap" (see below), but I'm calling the game finished and you're officially released from it.
(Sorry that the flavor isn't complete. And that some of the descriptions on here aren't great. Mental fatigue. I'll edit them in tomorrow, make an announcement about it, quote it, etc.)

Anyway, links to come tomorrow, hopefully also setup stuff. Including thoughts in the game. (Among them mainly being my abysmally-bad modding near the end. Most obviously being the long delay in ending the game, just to deliver weak-ass flavor. >_< Sorry. Stress of life got in the way. I'm probably not going to mod again 'til 2014 for that reason, and stick to minis, thanks to all the mistakes I was making.)

Despite all the myriad of flaws present, I Hope you enjoyed playing!
(I hope you don't mind me going to sleep. 4:15 am, and I need a nap. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6602 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:15 am

Post by mastin2 »

You're free to release QTs (except the modding one, AP), by the way. Everything you'll share will be released when I finish doing the book-keeping for this game (likely to be done tomorrow), but you don't have to wait on me TO release it.

Again, massive apologies to everyone involved. There are a bundle-load of things that I could and should do differently in my modding to make it better. (Among them making sure that I deliver on my timing promises for the flavor. :P) Hope you're not too disappointed with me.
My academy.
Agnigi
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6603 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 am

Post by Slandaar »

You didn't flip Nacho. :wink:

I think you put too much pressure on yourself regarding the flavor.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6604 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Blue scum QT: here

(Having just discovered a couple days ago that one could reorder the QT posts to go first to last instead of last to first, I'd already put a post in near the end linking to mastin's flavor and where CTD's lynch meant that the QT changed from a dialogue to me rambling on to myself...)

Thanks for modding, mastin, and AP, and Nexus! I had a lot of fun plotting with fellow blue scum for whatever time we had.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6605 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:22 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Told you all Nacho is town...

And none of your ever listen to me..EVER and EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG Scum and Thanks for modding such a memorable game mastin2 :)

Well played Alien :)
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #6606 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:41 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 6451, ffullisade wrote:
In post 6450, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 6449, ffullisade wrote:Is there some reason why you're asking about the blindingly obvious?
Yes, because in 6644, you are intimating that Nacho would be dumb to kill you, while calling penguin scummy for suggesting it.

So if Nacho is not dumb-scum, but is scum, then who would he kill?
No, it is blindingly obvious. Scum-Nacho would kill you, and take PA and me to LYLO. And I would angst about it for two weeks, but reread stuff, including the posts leading up to BabySpice' replace-out, and say, yeah no that was not a town-pirouette and she didn't stick the flounce.

You have not budged on your nacho-is-red-scum case and you're holding on to the idea that there's 2 scum in the game.

So, tomorrow, if you are alive and you are correct and I am dead and flipped town, you have two choices:

- You're in LYLO with town and blue scum
- You're kingmaker and you decide which of blue or red scum win

When that sinks in, then please assume town can win. And drop your red scum case. And don't vote Nacho.

Or, join me today and let's end this 5+ month long game.
gg all. And very gg, PA. I would have cracked somewhere along the line between day 7 and day 9. You set up a difficult LYLO - but probably the best of what was available, and you played through it to a win.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6607 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:37 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I'm beyond pleased with this result. Believe it or not, I haven't won a game as scum since 2007 (!).

Didn't think it was possible. PA played a fantastic game. Town didn't play half bad either. Tough endgame for Nacho and PV.

Dead QTs, since I know at least PA is anxious:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/z748TWKYbhbG
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/6dC6zTFWkFh

I have more thoughts a bit later.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6608 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:27 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Red Scum QT?

And bulba.. I ll smack you for killling me so early..
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6609 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4269, ArcAngel9 wrote:I strongly recommend peop0le to lynch in the below order....

Cephrir
Desperado
Seanald
Bulb

I bet this will work!!!!
FYI AA9 we killed you for prety straightforward reasons^

That endgame crushed my soul to watch.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6610 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Red QT
In post 6608, ArcAngel9 wrote: And bulba.. I ll smack you for killling me so early..
Actually, my original plan was to kill ThAd. Thus the block on Rena. However, no one else would listen to me, so I suggested you, since you were a wild card that I could not trust in Lylo.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6611 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Bulbazak »

For those who were in NY 165, I'm finally able to reveal something. Head on over to that post game to find out.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #6612 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Yay. Last ever game I will ever play with hydras is over.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6613 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Desperado »

now that's commitment ladies and gentlemen
;)
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #6614 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:26 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 6613, Desperado wrote:now that's commitment ladies and gentlemen
I was tempted to team up with someone else and half commit.

Then contradict them. Then abandon them and get replaced. :mad:
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6615 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:53 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 6610, Bulbazak wrote:Red QT
In post 6608, ArcAngel9 wrote: And bulba.. I ll smack you for killling me so early..
Actually, my original plan was to kill ThAd. Thus the block on Rena. However, no one else would listen to me, so I suggested you, since you were a wild card that I could not trust in Lylo.
Well considering Cephirr was afraid that i was pushing for his lynch.. I can understand.
I was so ready to comeback and push Seanald, Cephirr and your lynch. I was way too confident on all three of you but didn't expect that all of you are from the same team.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6616 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

I could deal with someone who suspects me inthread, but you wouldn't give me a case or a reason to argue with so I had to just kill you! :P
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6617 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:06 am

Post by thezmon221 »

Good game, guys. Great job PA for squeaking out that win!
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6618 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

I thought it was a very well modded game, probably 1 of the best that I have ever been in!

thanks mastina
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6619 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Red scum having day talk = blown mind. Well, I basically got day talk with myself for almost half the game, so I can't complain overmuch.

I'd love to know why PV claimed ThAd shot Cephrir instead of Baezu, if he's inclined to share his thought process.

The dead QTs are great! AngryPidgeon keeps cracking me up, as does Cephrir's characterization of the red scum QT (I've now read most of it, and it looks like y'all got more out of it than what he said, but still) and the selected quotes from the scum QTs for the enjoyment of the dead.

I'm not sure what better night play was to be expected of us early on. Once we hit parity in numbers (or were at a disadvantage as we sometimes thought) after N1, we were better off going for personal threats or PR reads, since pissing off red scum would make it more likely for them to go for us.

I personally don't interpret Bulbazak's statement about taking me down with him as him planning to out me in twilight. Seems more like him pointing out that his flip would put the pressure on me quite heavily, although I don't think we would have been able to work together all the way through to a joint win. I was way too paranoid and would have been trying to NK him the whole time. I interpreted the 'or' in the win con as a provision to make it unnecessary to play out a night where we went in with two VTs and a scum, for example; not that all we had to do was hit 50%.

...definitely would have been a bad idea for mastin to say anything encouraging to me beyond flavor, as it might have given me impressions about the game state. Having said that, reading the support in the dead QT after the fact was heartening.

As far as NKing Ms Marangal, I pretty much watched that whole day not really following the fighting beyond thinking, 'well, that's going to make both of them hard to lynch.' And then when Mala left, I figured the slot was basically unlynchable. I did comb through the ISO of Ms Marangal and AK, but MM didn't say much about how she was reading me, and I felt the unknown was more dangerous than the blatant scum reads I could prepare for. Plus I was trying to stoke the Nacho paranoia and I had no idea MM was wavering as much as she was. I also don't think MM would have rushed to vote anywhere with ffullisade's death.

The plurality rules were good at the start, not so great at the end. I'd suggest cutting them off at a certain players left alive number, as LyLo cutoffs could provide too much mod info. I guess it doesn't matter except at 3p LyLo, but it's really not necessary in the latter half of the game.

Red scum power-wise, the traitor would have been interesting. If people really wanted to up red scum's power with it though, I'd give the traitor one of the PRs and make him non-recruitable. YMMV.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6620 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Gg blue man group. I knew you were scum penguin alien you wily bastard, but excellent work sticking it out!

Shout out to my boy pere: I may have doubted you at one point but you were a good neighbour and you only just fell short at the final hurdle.

Huge props to mastin for maintaining a great game with decent activity throughout (even though I had my gripes at the time, lol!). Any large game that gets down to 3 man lylo is in my opinion a roaring success.

My run of being shit as vig continues...
Don't ask me to provide self meta
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6621 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:06 pm

The red QT is an entertaining read. A personal highlight is Cephrir stressing over me "nailing him in every post" when all I thought I was doing was fake a case on him to pass the time. :lol: You guys scumhunted well and had a better grasp on the set-up than we ever did. Interesting that we mostly considered the same people for kills/PRs and kind of a wonder that we never overlapped.

There was quite a lot of frustration in the QT about the endgame situation, but it shouldn't be forgotten that town was incredibly lucky to make it to endgame to begin with. You were
this
close to losing on D7 when PA unvoted Nacho with 30 minutes to go before deadline. I thought the town played a decent game; 4 scumlynches vs. 4 mislynches is not a bad track record, and particular props to Nacho and Ffulisade for figuring the game out when they did. But I don't think it can be argued that we stole this win.

One thing I think should be brought up is that town almost certainly would have benefited from D1-massclaim. They got virtually zero mileage out of their power roles, not the rolecop, not the BP, the JK, the watcher, the friendly neighbor. And the vig only got one shot out (on town). It's hard to envision a worse result on that front if all the cards had been put on the table. I also think it would have made for a fascinating game, with lots of interesting synergy between roles and exciting problems and possibilities for red scum in particular.

I've retired the D1-massclaim suggestion as a game opener, mostly because this game has probably shot any possibility of it ever leading anywhere productive again. But I really
do
think it's a very viable town strategy, and I do believe in the kind of analysis on it I did in this game. You may have noticed that I didn't discuss this with my scumbuddies in pre-game, and consequently 2/3 of them ended up in the scum pile (and IIRC, I kind of cheated to keep RedRyu out of there). Bulba just so happened to have strong feelings on the matter (which dictated what he perceived to be the "town-him" reaction), leaving Cephrir as the only scum who instinctively reacted in a pro-town manner. Notably, not a single scum supported the scheme, lending credence to my assumption that scum
really
hate D1 massclaim. If you had taken my strong town list from that analysis and ran with it, a lot of problems could have been avoided (naturally, I was inclined to "doubt" those reads myself... ;)). Some food for thought.

Ultimately, this game ended up being a rollercoaster of emotions, which, win or lose, is my favorite kind of game. Thanks everyone for playing, and thanks Mastin for modding and particularly for the brilliant flavor (your scummy nom will be posted as soon as you make your flavor QT available :p)!

I may have some thoughts on the set-up once Mastin has posted his own.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6622 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 6621, CrashTextDummie wrote:Bulba just so happened to have strong feelings on the matter (which dictated what he perceived to be the "town-him" reaction)
I really dislike mass claims. Just so you know.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6623 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 5520, Nachomamma8 wrote: bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him mastin coughs blood
This is my favorite post of the game. Just saying. It's going in my signature.

Also, tell me the truth Nacho. Did I bruise your ego that badly? Because your suspicion of me definitely seemed to spike drastically in other games after my flip here.

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6624 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:59 pm

In post 6622, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 6621, CrashTextDummie wrote:Bulba just so happened to have strong feelings on the matter (which dictated what he perceived to be the "town-him" reaction)
I really dislike mass claims. Just so you know.
Yes, I've gathered that from your QT. Do you agree that town would have benefited if they went with it in this game? :p

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”