NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5275 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by Wake »

Please read this epic game before subtly implying that I don't have the knowledge, the experience, or the pull to be able to bring this kind of game about on a much grander scale.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/o ... -6.371364/
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5276 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by Pine »

Scum outing each other on lynch is a good point.

Scumfuck wrote:Aww, I'm lynched. We shot at House last night and Notty two nights ago, neither died. Lynch dem scum bastids
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5277 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by Wake »

There would be an elemental flavor added if the NK did target enemy Scum.

Elementally-Bulletproof players may or may not play a role, too.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5278 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by ika »

In post 5274, Wake1 wrote:1)If the remaining member of Fire Scum learned the identity of two other Scum over the course of the game, and is about to be lynched, do you not think he or she will take the liberty of revealing their identities? Yeah. Think about that. That's Town-sided.

2) Go read USMB game #5. I'll share the link if you want. See, I modded this exact idea elsewhere, on a smaller scale, and it was intense, fun, and Town one because one Scum outed the other before death. Also, each time a NK hits another Scum team, a Town life is spared, and more time is granted for abilities to be used. You should factor that into your machinations next time.

3)I'm going to push to bring the number up to 32. We'll see what happens. I can easily do that.

4) There are also some very specific PR combinations that will be at play here, that will make it more difficult for Scum to win.
5)I'm not going to reveal them to you.
6)You do need to understand and accept that, with these things you don't know, the problem you think my game has... really does not exist. I'm not going to spoil the elements at play for you. You can learn them if you decide to join the party, or watch from the sidelines.

1) not really? thats just "hey lets screw the other cus im doomed"
2) thats not worst case scenario, and completely misses the point i'm pointing out.
-can that happen? yes
-will it happen? most likely
-the new problem: its now townsided on that sense that scums cant capsize on their true strength: their numbers
=if scum X suspects scum Y and cant kill him for having right reads, the NK gets wasted in favor of this "guilty"
-also you take out a core element: NK and possibble VCA
=its not used very often but for players who DO use it, they get screwed out of it
3) more numbers =/= better scenario, its just delays it if anything
4) does this adress the delema that i have pointed? where if all scums kill/lynch on town? if not then its still a problem
5) ok idc?
6) thats the entire problem, i can only take your word for it. if you think its all "unbreakable" then fine. im just expressing my concernes and how you act around it makes me think that you dont have them covered

pedit: like i said i already know about the game and the implication of that idea is not really spirit of mafia, its more of "lets screw another by this mechanic"

the game your portraying is more mechanic based and less mafia based is really the thing that i see from this
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5279 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by Wake »

If you're not going to play the game, I can share with you privately the details at play in this game.

I'm going to bed now. Going to sleep it off.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5280 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Post by Psyche »

thanks for the happy fun times wake
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5281 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Post by Psyche »

you're a really creative dude, and I don't think you have to worry if any specific idea of yours has immediate mass appeal or not
many more will come, and if just a couple of them turn out to be winners you're a winner
just keep the thinking up
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5282 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:27 am

Post by tn5421 »

That's just how he is, Wake.

One of the first things he does to test a setup is to try to break it in the worst way possible.

I don't believe this is exclusive to you.
WIP
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Skybird »

Hey Wake, I'd like to pre-in for your next game. :)
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Also Pre-in me if I didn't already
2023 W/L | 1-0
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by Wake »

Will do guys. Apologies ika and Marquis for blowing up on you. These last couple weeks have been putting my body/peace of mind through the grinder.

I'm still working on this game. When I get time to collect my thoughts I add what I can to it. Will be seeking reviewers soon and getting this show on the road in time. Having rested through much of the day I feel better now, and can manage eating a regular meal. Finally regaining feeling in my right foot, too. The hard part is deciding exactly which PRs and abilities I want in this game, and that indecision is what's holding me up a bit. It's like having 100 favorite songs but having to pick only the top 20. I'll get it done, but I'm gonna have to make some compromises on which roles will be used. :P
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by House »

Dibs on day vig!
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Wake »

I am worried about Scum revealing who the other Scum are upon death, which would make the game more Town-sided. I could just make it so that the NKs fail on enemy Scum, but simply include abilities that may also prevent NKs, thus crossing that problem out. Hey, maybe instead give one or more Scum teams the option to investigate players to deduce if they're Town or Elemental Mafia. Yeah, hey, that does sound a bit more reasonable.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by House »

Better make that bulletproof day vig!
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Wake
Wake
Goon
Wake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Wake »

My lips are sealed.

I do have some devious ideas at the ready. :D
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5290 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by ika »

wake when you get it into an idea format, PM me if you want to take that avanue of "scums cant NK each ohter" or some concepts of that i have an idea.

the main thing that comes with that dilemma is what you have acknowledged and what i wasy saying: its inherently town sided then.
I do have an idea how to make it that it can follow that concept to an extent w/o making it entirely "WHY NO NKS"

one of my other main concerns that arouse with this is really the mechanics. if you are trying to make it "balanced" (which i think detracts from the potential of this game if thats truly your intention) you really need a specific set of roles

TBH i would rather advertise this as a "game of fun" then "this is mafia" cus really thats what i see this game being.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5291 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 5285, Wake wrote:Will do guys. Apologies ika and Marquis for blowing up on you. These last couple weeks have been putting my body/peace of mind through the grinder.

I'm still working on this game. When I get time to collect my thoughts I add what I can to it. Will be seeking reviewers soon and getting this show on the road in time. Having rested through much of the day I feel better now, and can manage eating a regular meal. Finally regaining feeling in my right foot, too. The hard part is deciding exactly which PRs and abilities I want in this game, and that indecision is what's holding me up a bit. It's like having 100 favorite songs but having to pick only the top 20. I'll get it done, but I'm gonna have to make some compromises on which roles will be used. :P

I quite liked the SK mechanics of NY:175. Not that you need MORE roles to choose from, but that was pretty amazing.
2023 W/L | 1-0
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5292 (ISO) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)