NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3075 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:28 am

Post by ika »

In post 3072, FakedBlogger wrote:No, he won the right to say whatever the fuck he wants by investing in this game, whereas you're more invested in post-game talk than you were in the game itself. Booo!

i made onepost for post game to adress the "my team sucks issue"

In post 3073, Nero Cain wrote:I agree with KTHX here that it seemed like his team barely tried though random.org did a good job of helping the scumteam by giving them a set of masons to help them.

Though I also agree that if he has nothing better to add than "my team suxed" then he should not post it over and over.

^that, if you also read the scum PT he says it like 2-3 times in there so theres no reason to keep bring up the point. im not disregarding we barely tried. Im just getting irritated by the "my team sucks" comments over and over.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3076 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

it was also extremely disrespectful for you to replace in and not do anything.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3077 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:32 am

Post by ika »

In post 3074, Kthxbye wrote:1) ika. Sorry bro, I simply expected much more from you and SC (Flubber I haven't played with before so I don't know). I know you are both capable of way better play. Don't replace/cross-replace or w/e if your big plan is to get lynched on a 4 man weak as shit scum team in a large game. It's that simple.

2) My single thing I hate is when people sign up/replace into a game and don't even attempt to try. Case in point, I really don't wanna ever play with RM again as either alignment. You're right, we had no coordination...but it takes more than one person to communicate.

3) Don't wanna be called out for basically begging to be lynched...simply don't play that way cuz THAT'S "not ok" either.

4) The fact that your p3071 is the most thought you put into this game proves my point. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, you would be just as heated but from my point of view.

1) i can do it as town, not scum. alignment and role pm has a major impact on how i play. also i dont knwo what PM im getting, i needed a repalce and was expecting VT role. instead i get scum

2) fair, but theres a fine line between not doing jack shit and not being able to do it and enjoy myself.

3) meh

4) its post gaem and non-game related contents so i can post more stuff, im not being pu to be town or read players

pedit: again cross replace, i came in and did what i could. i was scum so me actauly doing nothing is really kinda going for my wincon
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3078 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:34 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Ika and I cross-replaced because we needed to fill our games. This game got slammed pretty hard at one point and I'm appreciative of him helping me out.

To be fair, I replaced into his game as town and despite me having okay (but imperfect) reads, I think I could have played better in his game (congrats to that scumteam though because I completely misread who the third scum was, but I nailed the other two). But replacing into games isn't easy, and the one he cross-replaced into was a larger commitment than the one I cross-replaced into.

Some people lurk when they're scum. I'll admit I do it sometimes as both alignments, but a lot of times it can be based on other factors. Flubber lurked pretty hard, but I think it's because he was mostly trying to keep his head down and survive so he could utilize his role. Ika told the scumteam to bus him.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3079 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Anyway, regardless, it was at least fun tricking d3x into swearing I was town. I know I've never played with a scum fruit vendor and didn't even know it was a thing. Keeping him alive would have been really good, but noooooooo.

Nero, NJ, and DS all go up in my book from this game. NJ had me pegged early and Nero late.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3080 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:56 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3069, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 3066, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3057, TellTaleHeart wrote:DGB, I think I understand your hatred for neighborhoods now.

I win! I win!

I'd say I hate neighborhoods (because I do), but it's really only because I can't stand the way some people handle them. I was hoping their inclusion would be okay and more bearable this game since I didn't include daytalk.

The reason I said that is because it didn't really make the set up more fun and was just kind of there to add in a stupid layer of speculation that didn't need to be there.

Neighborhoods don't make the game any more fun and really aren't necessary.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3081 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I think it depends on the person. Some people enjoy neighborhoods, but I think they're overused. I was hoping players would enjoy the extra opportunity to discuss during the night and I still made it so players couldn't just hide in their neighborhood during the day. But if you still think they were unnecessary and unfun, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'm sorry to hear that from you, but I agree the setup would have been fine without them. I'm still new to modding and I'm mostly interested to see how players would react given certain role interactions.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3082 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:16 am

Post by ika »

I think neighborhoods (outside of 2) are better in themes. Here where you had an all town block it really hampered. I think if you swapped it one with SK it would of made a neat dynamic.

(im kinda stressed so im skimp posting i will give more thoughts on setup later)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3083 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Well, damn it. I thought kthxbye was able to turn this game around for us.

Good game, town.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #3084 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 3081, Brian Skies wrote:I'm still new to modding and I'm mostly interested to see how players would react given certain role interactions.

neighborhoods are all the rage right now, and i do think they're overused. giving neighbors roles makes things kind of interesting but other than that it's an extra layer of wifom that makes ppl scream and i never really got the fascination w/ neighborhoods.

i think the set up was great. i really liked the scum prs you ended up using, brian. watcher is a good investigative and doubles as a good "fakeclaim". fruit vendor discourages bussing and allows for the scum gambit of claiming and "clearing" himself, as long as he has teammates to do the kill. it's not overpowered but it's not just boring vanilla to where everyone's disposable. it finds the happy medium.

the only thing i would've suggested was i don't think you needed to gate the rolecop or the tracker. you already gave scum a watcher so that meant they would be finding town prs pretty often (and they did in this game).
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3085 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 3078, Brian Skies wrote:
To be fair, I replaced into his game as town and despite me having okay (but imperfect) reads, I think I could have played better in his game (congrats to that scumteam though because I completely misread who the third scum was, but I nailed the other two).

Was that Mafia Lottery? That was a fun game to be scum in.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #3086 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 3085, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 3078, Brian Skies wrote:
To be fair, I replaced into his game as town and despite me having okay (but imperfect) reads, I think I could have played better in his game (congrats to that scumteam though because I completely misread who the third scum was, but I nailed the other two).

Was that Mafia Lottery? That was a fun game to be scum in.

:trollface:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3087 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't know if it was Brian's intention but I actually felt like the hood worked real well in this setup. Scum weren't real powered and the hood speculated helped them out a bit.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3088 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

GG guys. Wp to scum especially kthx.
Sorry for not cotributing as much, it's my first large and early on I found ot hard to engage with that many players. Nero and tda carried town hard in the lategame, but several otherb players like TTH played well.
Thank for modding dreamweaver :)
Kthx I don't particularly want to play with you either.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3089 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

:cool:
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3090 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by d3x »

Briefly popping in during doped up post-surgery V/LA.

Solid game all. I said it in the dead QT, but I just got too hung up on never having seen a Scum Fruit Vendor. I essentially stopped reading Kthx at that point.

@Kthx- I think you did a solid game of stringing everything along. I think in order to have a true shot, you had to have capped one of the Masons instead of DGB, though. I know you would've still been in a tight spot, but 2 ConfTown that late in the game especially with both Hoodies still alive was nigh unwinnable. We can chat more offline once I've fully regained my ability to speak :)

Jogger-
In post 1486, FakedBlogger wrote:
In post 1459, d3x wrote:
@Jogger- Can you provide examples of this being how you play Town {following your biggest ScumReads onto consecutive Wagons}?

Nope.
But I think I'll do it again in the future, depending on how it works out.
I'd recommend finding a different tactic :wink:

Solid Mod'ing, Brian. Thank you for the game!

Nero for Town MVP 2015!
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3091 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 3062, Flubbernugget wrote:
Garmr wrote:With out you pushing flubber I probably would of jumped on his wagon eventually. I always am game for a flubber lynch no matter the game. Just until he changes his posting style.

:(

I don't like your posting style but your personality is a winner :wink:
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3092 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Garmr »

Tbh I'm not sure why people are complaining about my reads. They should be complaining about the fact I was scum reading scum but refused to vote them because nero was on it and wanted it. Also the ones that were complaining had just as many or even less scum reads right than me.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3093 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Garmr »

Also other than nero and dex who have addressed me about their issues and I hold nothing personal towards them. What annoys me through is the pathetic cowards that say things from the dead then act like nothing was said. If you say something at least be willing to say it to the person face after which is my policy. Chuck me a pm if you want.

#calloutcowards
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3094 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3093, Garmr wrote:What annoys me through is the pathetic cowards that say things from the dead then act like nothing was said.

Most of the mean things I said about Nero in the dead thread were in the wake of ABR's flip and was due to the cop gambit. I was mad at the time but have since gotten over it. I think this is a common phenomenon with people who talk smack in dead PT's.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3095 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:22 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Nero was town MVP, his reads were pretty amazing.

TTH as runner up. If it weren't for her words in her last post D2, Nero probably gets lynched D3, and the game takes a different spin.

Garmr, do you think you played a great game? I stand by what I said in the dead thread, did you, and DS for that matter, every consider why you were left alive over me, then PB? Both of our final lynch list included ALL the scum with only one town in it. Could it possibly be because your reads were off/not as good as you claim they were?

I enjoy playing with you, but sometimes your words about yourself come off as better than they actually are...

I personally would list Nero, TTH, PB, and TDA as all town MVPs over the masons.

Once again, I hope there is no hard feelings because I enjoyed playing with both masons, and had town reads on both of you most of the game, but please next time you're confirmed IS and not being NKd, please reevaluate ur reads :)

PS - thanks Brian for modding, great job! And thanks to the player list, I told my wife at one point that I hadn't had this much fun playing in a long time :)

PPS - I'll eat some crow now about my D2 comment that I was 95% confident that at least one of Nero and PB was scum lol. Glad we finally came together D3, D4, etc, a big key to the game!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3096 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

Tbh garmr I was just frustrated at the lack of NK analysis. Kthx was the only person who killing me made sense for apart from dgb and once dgb was dead you shouldve known it was kthx. I was being a bit of a dick and i apologize.
So is dream weaver brian's alt?
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3097 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:36 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 3090, d3x wrote:I'd recommend finding a different tactic :wink:

The data by which to make a clear judgment on its efficacy is insufficient as of yet. There are various variables, the outplay of which need to be cross-referenced; for instance I need to see how it plays out when my scumread is in fact scum. Also game victory or loss, alignment of scumread's scumread and everything there ever existed as a consequence of everything existing needs to be taken into consideration. I.e. a lot of work and I should get to it. *rolls up sleeves*. Jk, I don't have any sleeves.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3098 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 3095, I Am Innocent wrote:Nero was town MVP, his reads were pretty amazing.

TTH as runner up. If it weren't for her words in her last post D2, Nero probably gets lynched D3, and the game takes a different spin.

Garmr, do you think you played a great game? I stand by what I said in the dead thread, did you, and DS for that matter, every consider why you were left alive over me, then PB? Both of our final lynch list included ALL the scum with only one town in it. Could it possibly be because your reads were off/not as good as you claim they were?

I enjoy playing with you, but sometimes your words about yourself come off as better than they actually are...

I personally would list Nero, TTH, PB, and TDA as all town MVPs over the masons.

Once again, I hope there is no hard feelings because I enjoyed playing with both masons, and had town reads on both of you most of the game, but please next time you're confirmed IS and not being NKd, please reevaluate ur reads :)

PS - thanks Brian for modding, great job! And thanks to the player list, I told my wife at one point that I hadn't had this much fun playing in a long time :)

PPS - I'll eat some crow now about my D2 comment that I was 95% confident that at least one of Nero and PB was scum lol. Glad we finally came together D3, D4, etc, a big key to the game!

Well my reads were around = to yours so what ever you say you felt like you played I played to. :p Tbh I did evaluate my reads but I was convinced there was 2 scum and I wanted to find the 2nd scum that didn't exist I thought maybe if was scum ktnx would slip up also I also knew if he was town if i treat him as town he was more likely to be killed to put me and ds in a bad position. I thought by keeping ktnx alive that long it would put town into the best position. This was my logic for keeping ktnx around to potential mylo.

Sorry for over reacting through. Btw my read on strange was right, ika and flubber were null but i didn't town read them. I got to caught up on random midget because he put little effort early game. I also did lynch ktnx in the end. That's about the same amount of scum you scum read right :p

@Everyone sorry for going off lol.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3099 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:03 am

Post by Garmr »

Nero even through you did well I have a tip. Next time don't out the masons you could of waited till night phase to tell dex. The fact you weren't punished for two anti town plays (outing the mason and the fake cop thing) was because in the end enough townies were smart enough to let you live. If you do anything like that again to me I will make sure to punish you for it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”