NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Garmr »

Could make it a third party role then that wins by killing (not voting the innocent child) Then the game would be none normal ;/ hmmm
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3047, The Dream Weaver wrote:I feel scum got a little overconfident with Nero's cop gambit

not to toot my own horn (well maybe a little) but I wouldn't be that surprised if scum pulled this game out if I was gone. I should have been shot the moment SC flipped scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:47 am

Post by Garmr »

With out you pushing flubber I probably would of jumped on his wagon eventually. I always am game for a flubber lynch no matter the game. Just until he changes his posting style.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:47 am

Post by dragonspawn »

I can't say this was my best game. But we won. So good job
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:48 am

Post by dragonspawn »

I have to say it was fun crumbing the mason claim
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Garmr »

aka after rachmarie I will happily lynch lurkers or low content posters except a few exceptions.

@ds There's still crumbs in there I posted people haven't even picked up
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I felt like this game was more I was an SK than on a team. I rreally had no chance when I was the only one trying.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:58 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

DGB, I think I understand your hatred for neighborhoods now.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:04 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Who controls the British crown? who keeps the metric system down? We do! We do!
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:08 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I think I would have had a fighting chance if I could have used my PR and made the NK being the only scum left. Once it was shown that my fruit stopped when 3 scum were dead, I should have been that days lynch like Nero wanted. If I were town, I would have lynched the shit outa me. To have survived as long as I did this game, I consider it a win. Too bad I couldn't play the paranoia harder.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:13 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

That was some flawless modding.

MVP was TDA imo. Among his feats were managing town's comeback after the controversy around Nero with accurate reads and sheepworthy arguments, awareness and behavior. Scum's biggest mistake was not to cap him.
TTA didn't get the chance to outshine Dude and Nero's fakeclaims would've done a hell of a lot more damage if Dude hadn't stood up for him.

I had fun talking to Kthx and I'm thankful for it. Garmr not so much but hey, .. whatever. Good game.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:21 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3059, Kthxbye wrote:I think I would have had a fighting chance if I could have used my PR and made the NK being the only scum left.

That kind of would've defeated the purpose of your role. XD
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Garmr wrote:With out you pushing flubber I probably would of jumped on his wagon eventually. I always am game for a flubber lynch no matter the game. Just until he changes his posting style.

:(
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:32 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

EBWOP: TTH.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:43 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3031, The Dream Weaver wrote:In order to make the Rolecop significant without overpowering it, I tried to only include roles that would make sense for the town as either alignment. In essence, the Rolecop could verify a claim or look into questionable play, but could not incriminate someone off a lucky check.

Barring a scum fake claim, there's really no way I was going to get any incriminating evidence off my night action. Two of the scum wouldn't have needed to fake claim at all for me to "confirm" them. I was further gated by only being able to use my action on even-nights.

My role was pretty much useless.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:55 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Who did you investigate?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:56 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3057, TellTaleHeart wrote:DGB, I think I understand your hatred for neighborhoods now.

I win! I win!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3061, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 3059, Kthxbye wrote:I think I would have had a fighting chance if I could have used my PR and made the NK being the only scum left.

That kind of would've defeated the purpose of your role. XD

^This. The reviewers signed off on the idea that you wouldn't be able to. Otherwise you're almost a friendly neighbor (not like some people weren't treating you as one as it was).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3064, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 3031, The Dream Weaver wrote:In order to make the Rolecop significant without overpowering it, I tried to only include roles that would make sense for the town as either alignment. In essence, the Rolecop could verify a claim or look into questionable play, but could not incriminate someone off a lucky check.

Barring a scum fake claim
, there's really no way I was going to get any incriminating evidence off my night action. Two of the scum wouldn't have needed to fake claim at all for me to "confirm" them. I was further gated by only being able to use my action on even-nights.

My role was pretty much useless.

That was pretty much the purpose of your role. You were supposed to help the tracker find scum or verify sketchy claims. But you didn't need your role and got NK'ed anyway. I was extremely surprised by your choice of night action, but after you explained it in the graveyard, it made a lot of sense. I do think the rolecop was vastly underpowered and I think I should have made one of the tracker/rolecop a full version of that role.

There was also the idea of you using it to become a potential third mason, but you picked up on their crumbs and didn't even need to check them.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 3066, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3057, TellTaleHeart wrote:DGB, I think I understand your hatred for neighborhoods now.

I win! I win!

I'd say I hate neighborhoods (because I do), but it's really only because I can't stand the way some people handle them. I was hoping their inclusion would be okay and more bearable this game since I didn't include daytalk.
Last edited by The Dream Weaver on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Kthxbye »

reviewer's prolly signed off on it under the pretense my scum buddies might actually TRY
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:17 am

Post by ika »

In post 3070, Kthxbye wrote:reviewer's prolly signed off on it under the pretense my scum buddies might actually TRY

ok seriosuly stop. the game is fucking over theres no need for this bitterness.

i came in on a cross replace
flubber was inactive
SC replaced in and gave some activity but was ultimatley lynched

my single thing i hate with scums is when they just belittle their teams, the one problem i have with scum is that i cant emulate the carisma i can as town. I jsut find it more daunting, exuasting, and truthfuly unfun to be putting out something i cant or dont genuinely believe. i set myself up for bussing and myslynch regardless of alignment. but we hardly used our QT at night and hardly talked. we had like no synagery going on or anything.

you win or lose as a team and for you to keep trying to say "oh its my teams fault for not trying" is not ok. the thing is that a setup when made is more designed to be based on roles and not players added in yet.

seriously if all you have to say about this game is "my team sucked" then dont fuckign post here. im sick and tired of hearing that from people. i did what i could and it failed. flub did his job (got jker found out) but got lynched. SC tried fighing off for a bit but in the end the mass of town got though. so seroisuly shut it its stupid and inconsiderate. you make one post about it and then end it there. your continue whining of "my team sucks" is only showing your annoyance and being sour about your loss
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:23 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

No, he won the right to say whatever the fuck he wants by investing in this game, whereas you're more invested in post-game talk than you were in the game itself. Booo!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I agree with KTHX here that it seemed like his team barely tried though random.org did a good job of helping the scumteam by giving them a set of masons to help them.

Though I also agree that if he has nothing better to add than "my team suxed" then he should not post it over and over.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Kthxbye »

ika. Sorry bro, I simply expected much more from you and SC (Flubber I haven't played with before so I don't know). I know you are both capable of way better play. Don't replace/cross-replace or w/e if your big plan is to get lynched on a 4 man weak as shit scum team in a large game. It's that simple.

My single thing I hate is when people sign up/replace into a game and don't even attempt to try. Case in point, I really don't wanna ever play with RM again as either alignment. You're right, we had no coordination...but it takes more than one person to communicate.

Don't wanna be called out for basically begging to be lynched...simply don't play that way cuz THAT'S "not ok" either.

The fact that your p3071 is the most thought you put into this game proves my point. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, you would be just as heated but from my point of view.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”