elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6875 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by elusive »

In post 6869, vikingfan wrote:Well done scum. And it feels so good to say, "I told you so!" ;).

Two things doomed town this game. One was setup spec. That pretty much singlehandedly got me lynched with the whole loud doctor thing and got GC cleared way too easily. The second was the absolutely anti-town play on ABR's part with outright lying about his role, movements, and singleminded determination to lynch that not only got me lynched but got our backup cop killed and ABR was the 3rd power role with his tracker ability. I wonder how this game would have gone with a different player in ABR's slot.

Yeah, town killing the claimed cop was pretty bad and ABR's fake claim because of setup spec was pretty bad. ABR has done gambits before and sometimes they work spectacularly but other times they just fail - high risks, high stakes I guess. I think he was genuinely in the belief that you couldn't be the cop because of incorrect setup spec.

The first time ABR tried to get town me killed for some gambit I was furious but then I looked at his Wiki and there's some intriguing stuff there. I also feel like all of town kind of screwed up by then lynching him when his gambit had no value for scum to make.

The town "Bah" posts were uplifting even if for a brief period of time. I kept thinking, "game over" or "why bother, we're screwed" but those posts kind of helped it not be complete despair.

I did like having a PR even if it was passive and that there were a number of PRs in the game. Imagine if the cop, tracker and backup cop had not been killed - like this setup with some tweaks to the serial killer role should run again just to see what's possible.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6876 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by vikingfan »

what's the holdup on the scum PT?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6877 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 6860, Ozgin wrote:I want the scum PT to be released.

Also, when we killed the doctor, it was my idea and it was 100% arbitrary. There was no crumb pickup, no read, just a stab.

In post 6861, SilverWolf wrote:I want to see it too because I was scum and I deserve to see what my buddies talked about damn it. I can't believe you shot me Ozgin after telling me how lost you'd be without me if I got shot. LOL :wink:

OMG yea that was so freaking hilarious. We just picked boon for the hell of it, and he turned out to be the doctor.

And then everyone was like "Oh we must have experienced scum because they say this post that says Boon was hinting doctor Oh yes yes mhm"
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6878 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

And I'm also fine with it being released. It's a good read, really
2023 W/L | 1-0
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6879 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by ika »

In post 6876, vikingfan wrote:what's the holdup on the scum PT?

Untill a certain ~ongoing~ is over it cant be released.

I am also not going to delete said posts in question due to it being a very large gray area of what post are voilating it.

That being said IM going to post why i made each role
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6880 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by ika »

Spoiler: town power
Ok so right off the bat you can tell i love high powered games.

That being said I had cop+backup for the site meta of lynching cop claims day 1 as well as to give town their main key and give MM a big way to shoot town out.

What happened (and what expected) was cop had to claim day 1 and it played into MM hands where he got triple attack and double kill.

The non-concec docs: i had these to first off give an incentive to not have a "follow the cop" game but it was also to give MM a small nerf in that both docs can keep on cop all day. This was also to take into account scum non-conceutive abilty and give them "RB first" kill later.

Tracker: tracker was made for a hard counter to MM (due to it being immune to cop). It was also ment to be a neg utility due to the fact a lot of roles were able to be mobile (2 doc, commuter (no results), cop, all the scums) so it would of made a good idea to hard lock claims and trap people in lies of citizen claiming.

neigborizer: this one was double edged on the fact it could make town 100% overpowered or screw everyone over. If it was able to get deputy early and then after cop flips, it could build up a network of claims and quickly outmanver scum. However on the other hand it can be used agains tthem if scums get one peice of the info. Howvever this never happened. This was also suppose to be a small nod into the "dotn trust neigbhor" idea

vengeful: purely for athetic and wanted something to be neat

3-shot commuter: this was more of the neg utility IMO or how it was suppose to play due to the high powers. The moemnt actions fail on it people start looking at it and trying to figure it out. This was also to snip out MM targeting.

Spoiler: scum
rolecop: main use was to find traitor and sniff out PRs

roleblocker: main use was to be a cop stopper and kinda fall victim to MM

negibor/traitor/goon: this was one of the gemstones of my game. I wanted to see what would happen if i told scums they had a traitor and both sides didnt knwo who it was. This was largly before the "stop neigbor" shit and was to really test out scums abilites and towns thinking. Traitor would have every scum mindset but no associateves outside of neighbor. What i was expecting is to realy realize they were scum/scum adn use it as an enabled daychat device. The other thing i was hoping for was for both partied to try to manipulate one another into doing something on scum/town. in the end it was intresting to watch and even funnier how scums kept going "what if the neigbor is scum triator"?

Spoiler: MM
the other gemstone of the game

i didnt want standard sk shit, i wanted somethign to really make people sit down and think. The thing that really allowed scums to capsize was the fact people wanted to play "outguess the mod" and "how does this work?" IMO if all players continued to scum hunt as normal i think it would of resulted in town win

the MM was highly nerfed from what i am used to and what normally would use

a standard MM would:
Be nk immue
be immune to cop (75/25 of times like this)
self target
1-night CD or no CD
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6881 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

@ Ika - How long to you exp0ect that "ongoing game" to last?"

I'd like to see the Scumthread too. Or did I say that already?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6882 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:20 am

Post by elusive »

In post 6879, ika wrote:
In post 6876, vikingfan wrote:what's the holdup on the scum PT?

Untill a certain ~ongoing~ is over it cant be released.

I am also not going to delete said posts in question due to it being a very large gray area of what post are voilating it.

That being said IM going to post why i made each role

So did players discuss an ongoing game in the scum thread? I thought that was against the rules?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6883 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:35 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

How does it feel to lose to a bunch of rulebreakers?
(✿´ ꒳ ` )
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6884 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:42 am

Post by elusive »

I hate losing but I get over it quickly too so *shrugs*. I think I cried my tears when Ellie & MB were killed and after that watevs. ✿ ✿

I'm wondering because I was modkilled for mentioning an ongoing game and now we can't see the scum thread for apparently the same thing? That seems a bit uneven, two town were modkilled for reasons related to rules but scum were just force replaced so its a bit idk messy. I probably should have not said anything but you know me.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6885 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I don't really think the two are equivalent.
It'll make more sense once it actually gets released.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6886 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:58 am

Post by elusive »

Okies.

[/b]Ika[/b] I really liked the setup and hope you run it again because kind of like witch-hunt you can expect a different game each time with it and now that setup is open that means people won't incorrectly setup spec. Obviously you could swap out some of the more passive roles with others.

I guess the MM role confused me a little because it wasn't NK immune. If it were tweaked maybe make it so that the cop or role cop can't get info on it to balance out the lack of NK immunity?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6887 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by N »

Stop asking about the ongoing game mentioned in the scum pt.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6888 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 6887, N wrote:Stop asking about the ongoing game mentioned in the scum pt.

Apologies.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6889 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Post by ika »

With smite role madness game being over The Scum PT has been released
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #6890 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

ohboy. :P
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6891 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:48 am

Post by SilverWolf »

That was a great read, I loved it!!

OK, it totally makes sense now why you guys didn't figure out it was me considering you had no idea I didn't know who the other scum were.

I am glad I wasn't considered for NK for a long time due to the neighbourhood. Oz-I may be easily manipulated but not THAT easily manipulated. :wink:
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6892 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Lots of planning going on there despite all the craziness going on in-game.

Awesome time being scum with you guys~
2023 W/L | 1-0
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6893 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:00 am

Post by pisskop »

<3
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6894 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”