BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3376 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Huge thanks to all my replacements, you all rock.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3377 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by BBmolla »

mod qt public now
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3378 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In theory I could have let the game continue because in theory you could have not used your vig shots

But I didn't feel that was a fair use of town's time.
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3379 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by pignash »

Yeah, reading back through the scum thread it was obvious iai was right about which option to go with last night, and he laid out why a mislych won us the game today the same as it would if we killed two people.
TheWorst
TheWorst
Goon
TheWorst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3380 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by TheWorst »

Welp.

This is EXACTLY why the Setup Speculation is BS. :P I knew it would be bad.
Honestly. It was never worth the hassle, especially quick-lynching a BP doc over it, that was a big no-no.
Anyway, congrats to the scum team. Well done. I had a feeling IaI was scum vig (after I died), but town was just all over the place and they took advantage of it easily.
Show
The
New
Ex-Mod of EpicMafia!

Either prepare for TheWorst or be lynched.

Win/Loss Ratio

Starting
: 3-2
Replacement
: 1-1
Village
: 4-3
Mafia
: 0-0
pignash
pignash
Goon
pignash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3381 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by pignash »

Yeah, I didn't feel like I played a great day today, the plan was for me to bus IAI hard but the wagon never formed so it was just waiting for the town to get to L-2 on its own and I got antsy and fought with DGB when I shouldn't have. That could have gotten me lynched and then IAI would've been screwed.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3382 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3362, I Am Innocent wrote:Holy cow that was tough.

Talah u were a real pain in my butt lol.

Hope nobody took offense to anything I said, it was mostly for show :)

Thanks mod for an interesting game :)

Absolutely, thanks heaps Molla.
The game was really interesting to try to figure out and the roles were extremely succinct and balanced to an extent that you wouldn't even consider playing and not knowing the setup. Good work!

IaI I'm really glad you were scum actually, and well played man. I wasn't looking forward to discussing why I though X and Y were bullshit play from town if you flipped that way.
You did your job really well and deserve the win.

<3 to all, I had fun, mistakes were made and even losing I enjoyed playing!
(even with you Vedith :P :cop: :dead: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :P :lol: )
(yeah I'm not turning on smileys but you get my drift heheh)
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3383 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

very sad.

Had IaI at the end but no one wanted to go there and mistakenly thought titus was with you so that it was an acceptable compromise.

Very nice job scum team - a mafia vig was just not something I about until it was far to late. God this game was aggravating.
TheWorst
TheWorst
Goon
TheWorst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3384 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by TheWorst »

Oh yes, very nice setup from BBMolla; and exactly why the setup spec was BS in the end.
All the claiming bothered me too, literally all of the PRs were revealed D2 minus Pignash's scum slot. And I was goddamn right saying the rest would be VTs, because it was.

That being said, good game played by scum. RIP Catboi, we never knew ye.
Show
The
New
Ex-Mod of EpicMafia!

Either prepare for TheWorst or be lynched.

Win/Loss Ratio

Starting
: 3-2
Replacement
: 1-1
Village
: 4-3
Mafia
: 0-0
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3385 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by talah »

In post 3384, TheWorst wrote:Oh yes, very nice setup from BBMolla; and exactly why the setup spec was BS in the end.
All the claiming bothered me too, literally all of the PRs were revealed D2 minus Pignash's scum slot. And I was goddamn right saying the rest would be VTs, because it was.

Egh- I thought the setup spec was not so bad - at least I'll defend my own train of thought here - in that the "vig" could have been scum, and in at least *one* of the BP protective roles must have been genuine.
At that point you have a few options (pretty sure I mentioned this) - in that both are genuine, or one or the other is lying. (Both are scum is probably not a thing, and my own caution at that time rings alarm bells saying "lynch neither!!! Which is cool because we ended up lynching zakk - who fed me fake hope btw (you bastard!)).

When it turned out (much for the worse and bewilderingly mind you) that AJ was lynched, his flip should have brought focus and thought back to FAQ - and then the question revolves around why does he claim to visit me stopping the kill when we've got a claimed vig and FAQ claimed the protect first? Are both BP roles true?

Which is essentially what I was wondering when proposing a pretty easy setup to counter it and saying it wasn't implausible. (ie - "eg, scum jailkeeper and strongman".)
I mean setups don't have to deviate much from what you'd expect to consider that claimed role abc might all be true. --As we've just seen considering the scumteam was *two people* with an extra kill. That's actually fucking awesome.

So yeah. Hey Titus, I'm going to have to adjust what I think of your play now. I wasn't strongly scumreading you at all at the start and even after I was NKd, but I ended up thinking that way. Your fucking moonlogic (I'm going to assess this internally as jumping logic which has explanations but is often wrong and PUSHED REALLY HARD (although with inconsistencies and feelings of vector changes - see note a) ii) b~v(c)2)) is OP when you are town. I am "disappoint" that you didn't pick up on IaI potentially being a mafia Vig after he claimed a kill on me and express intent to continue to try to kill me whan that was exactly what happened in Gundam... I suppose we're all blind to our own meta tho to an extent :P)

In post 3384, TheWorst wrote:That being said, good game played by scum. RIP Catboi, we never knew ye.

Lol. I played with catboi once before and he wasn't near as voluble and pushy as he was here.
I like his playstyle though and to all the replacees - you shouldn't have done so. Even if you're coming under heat or dealing with what you thiink is personal bullshit, there's always rational thought and argument that can turn Town v Town arguments, into Town considering they're arguing with Town dynamics.
If you just don't like a person, then take it to the mod.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:11 am

Post by Vedith »

Cheers for the game everyone.
Shame the day was rushed, this is why you shouldn't put someone to L2 at Lylo...
I claim scum \o/
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:15 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1820, Skybird wrote:
In post 1785, talah wrote:
In post 1777, Aj The Epic wrote:Skybird trying to lynch Worst is stupid, though. Neither FN should be targets since they both say they can resend.

Egh - actually yeah.

I can see some incredulity happening but I mean - there just could be two FN's in the setup?

Otherwise the option is that you and Worst are confirmed scum.

@Skybird
If you pre-claimed FN beforehand, how does it benefit the scumteam to counterclaim?

I'm just getting back. Public Service Announcement: I just started a new job this week and between work and the commute, I will be afk at least 10 hours of the day. I log in early morning my time before I have to leave for work and I get on after dinner. (Gotta spend some time talking to the hubby.) Anyway, during the day I just can't be here to answer questions.

To answer your question Talah, is as FN, I am confirmed town. The only way I'm not is for VG to be scum and me to be scum. I viewed the way VG revealed the message as trying to cast doubt on my FN claim. Then when Worst and AJ make their claim, it felt like they were going to try and push a lynch on me. Also, Worst didn't really seem that upset when AJ outed him. He stated he was mad, but to me it just didn't come off as real.

I will freely admit I'm a VI and don't play very well. I am trying but all I can do is try my best. So while it might not make sense to someone better reasoned at the game, it just seemed like a weird thing to claim. This is the first time I've seen FN in a game, so for there to be two just doesn't seem right.

I almost commented on this in game, but didn't want to give myself away/seem like I was buddying...

Not sure if u were being serious or not, but I think ur play was perfectly fine Skybird. It made me sad to see u call urself a VI/be so hard on urself. I never felt that way about ur slot and would definitely want to play with u again (as I would a number of people in this game).
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:30 am

Post by talah »

In post 3385, talah wrote:- in that both are genuine, or one or the other is lying. (Both are scum is probably not a thing, and my own caution at that time rings alarm bells saying "lynch neither!!! Which is cool because we ended up lynching zakk - who fed me fake hope btw (you bastard!)).

Timelapse brainfart here - it was after the zakk lynch and then entering Day 2 with still no nightkill info to go on with that I was considering AJ and FAQ could potentially both be town.

The questions and lines of reasoning / wanting to figure out the game from Skybird, were really awesome.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:20 am

Post by Firebringer »

my last reads post was pretty much perfect.
Of course nobody listened.

Only one I was wrong about was FA_Q2

So.... sad.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:21 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3041, Firebringer wrote:DGB-Can’t seeing being scum. Too much attention and I am the only one really defending her, also no one is readily agreeing with her reads or assumptions. Usually at least one scum buddy at least agrees with you on something. If she is scum her teammates are really pushing her for town cred I guess or create distance. Town

Luna Fox-I am unsure with some of Luna thoughts, like she questions me. Her hammer on me was stupid town move, so theres that. I can see some of the things she has done being manipulative or opportunistic but yeah. Unlikely Scum.

Vedith-Ohh my god if Vedith is scum I am going to be so mad. This seems like regular town vedith. His indecisiveness and fence sitting though that reads heavily into scum categories with me. I have learned never to trust my reads on Vedith though. If I had to bet, I would say he has a 50-50 on scum. I really doubt it though. Town

I Am Innocent-Either Vigi or SK trying to take credit for kills. Why are we allowing this person alive? He is going to shoot DGB and if DGB is town this game is fricking over. I swear, I got lynched for stupid reasons. Scum.

Titus-Some things titus does like her fricking tunneling and unwillingness to listen to any reasons say scum. My gut says town though. So I am going with that. Town.

FA_Q2-I think FA_Q2 doesn’t really care who we lynch, they just want non town powers lynched for what I assume is to NK. I am leaning scum.

Pignash-The slot is completely null, I don’t like their catchup or reads. Scum, but only from process of elimination. Scum

TheWorst-The guy is just like I know him from being town. Kind of seems to think he knows what he is doing but doesn’t. Town but could be scum. Small Town Lean.

Now watch as you use none of these thoughts for future scumhunting. GL town, you probably already lost though ;(

Just look at it....
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3389, Firebringer wrote:my last reads post was pretty much perfect.

I kind of... forgot... oops?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:45 am

Post by Firebringer »

Sakura is someones alt?!?!?!?!?!?
Probably Luna?
Show

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:47 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Too funny, this whole game I kep thinking how much she reminded me of Sakura who I just played with :)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:48 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 21, Luna Fox wrote:I'm not new to mafia, I'm not an alt.
If that's what you're asking.

Hmmmm lol
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 3392, Firebringer wrote:Sakura is someones alt?!?!?!?!?!?
Probably Luna?

Funny you say that, you were in greater idea mafia where i outed myself.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:37 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't read!
Show

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

And you encourage luna to...

God that was frustrating. I'm not going to talk about it because it's not going to help but damn. A lot of it was on me for being in my first full town game since I returned (prior had only been a replacement) but I'm still pissed with everything outside that. Oh well...
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3398 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:45 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3397, Aj The Epic wrote:And you encourage luna to...

Naah, I just encourage people to sheep my votes.
Show

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3399 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 3395, Sakura Hana wrote:Funny you say that, you were in greater idea mafia where i outed myself.

It was also said in upick anything. :giggle:
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”