NY 198: Nexus is Now a New Normal Mafia (Game Over)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Post by Transcend »

K. Lemme see what i can do.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 am

Post by rb »

as the man who isnt could not try to join only in would june, i should it be nominate for it
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:11 am

Post by Transcend »

Done! You have my vote! :)
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:34 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

This is the shortest fucking game I've ever played lol
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Transcend »

May i remind you it was a large normal? Only theme games take longer than these.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

scum lost when they didn't NK rb N0
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Transcend »

Lmfao
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:45 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

GG everyone. rb good performance!! but remember it is a team game and working with others and helping them see what you see is a huge aspect to playing this game well! It's a good thing I agreed with your reads or we would have been butting heads by playstyle a lot, and that can be not-fun when you're trying to cooperate. Anyway, well done, but keep those things in mind!

Cool setup, would have loved to see it unfold a bit wider, but, still, WELL DONE GIF!!!

Thanks very much for a good game!!!
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:48 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I've never smacked down the hammer with such ease! I kind of wish I'd done all 3, but, ehhh, let GE in on some of the fun, sure!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:03 am

Post by mykonian »

Hi, reviewer for this game here.
In post 1100, rb wrote:I really do stand by what I said earlier in this game that this site has a meta for making towns way stronger at night than they need to be. Town have bad daygames here because they're so used to being given a power. I'm much more used to setups like (3 goons vs. 1 cop and 9 VT) - huge emphasis on daygame and there's no mechanical clears for conftown and you can't rely on investigative. With no protection they often claim with a single guilty and town still has to win 2v8 with no PR.
I mean, hate to point it out, but cop is a reliable investigative with mechanical clears. Mods on MS have moved away from that because it was seen as boring, and your role had 3 options for that. Where a cop has 3 options for a guilty every night, tracker and follower have to pick the shooting scum or run the risk of providing false inno's, voyeur can't even manage that. The neapolitan, has only false guilties as any PR triggers it as well. Gif as a modern mod wanted to have town play with imperfect information, and if it hadn't been for your meddling perfect play of your role ( ;) ) he would have gotten away with it as well. I think if you play this game with random players 10 times, in maybe one or two games the JoaT would get one guilty out of that role. I think it trivialises how silly much you got out of an essentially pretty useless role to say that the setup was very townsided.

The doc, you are right, was the clear power town got, and it got mobilized by a strong townie. That's the nature of the role. The rest though, was unclear (the neapolitan), or weak (day 3 IC, JoaT, even night rb basically in that order). In a 13 player game with no scum power, that's about expected, I think, but GIF wanted scum to have some fun toys, balanced by one more lynch. I think that's about an expected setup, which is where the next problem arises.

I don't quite know where the feeling comes from that MS puts a lot of power in games, in themes perhaps. Otherwise, just like GIF has done, MS has hollowed out towns power to make it less clear, more gamey, moving away from roles like cops, and through the years they never used all that many powerroles anyway. That has had it's impact on winrates. A game like all others, "about expected", is scumsided in nearly every case, for years on end. If you go through the stats, and some people have, it's hard to see that MS has produced any obviously townsided normals, despite scum claiming that occasionally after a loss. This one, if I take an educated guess was at best balanced, but likely I think scum wins this more than 50%. The setup didn't win this game for you in such spectacular fashion: the town did.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:34 am

Post by TwoFace »

Gg. I agree town was OPd. Scum should probably have had 4, but the OPd setup didn't even factor in. RB basically got lucky day 1 and chose right the next nights.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:55 am

Post by rb »

In post 1134, mykonian wrote:Hi, reviewer for this game here.
In post 1100, rb wrote:I really do stand by what I said earlier in this game that this site has a meta for making towns way stronger at night than they need to be. Town have bad daygames here because they're so used to being given a power. I'm much more used to setups like (3 goons vs. 1 cop and 9 VT) - huge emphasis on daygame and there's no mechanical clears for conftown and you can't rely on investigative. With no protection they often claim with a single guilty and town still has to win 2v8 with no PR.
I mean, hate to point it out, but cop is a reliable investigative with mechanical clears. Mods on MS have moved away from that because it was seen as boring, and your role had 3 options for that. Where a cop has 3 options for a guilty every night, tracker and follower have to pick the shooting scum or run the risk of providing false inno's, voyeur can't even manage that. The neapolitan, has only false guilties as any PR triggers it as well. Gif as a modern mod wanted to have town play with imperfect information, and if it hadn't been for your meddling perfect play of your role ( ;) ) he would have gotten away with it as well. I think if you play this game with random players 10 times, in maybe one or two games the JoaT would get one guilty out of that role. I think it trivialises how silly much you got out of an essentially pretty useless role to say that the setup was very townsided.

The doc, you are right, was the clear power town got, and it got mobilized by a strong townie. That's the nature of the role. The rest though, was unclear (the neapolitan), or weak (day 3 IC, JoaT, even night rb basically in that order). In a 13 player game with no scum power, that's about expected, I think, but GIF wanted scum to have some fun toys, balanced by one more lynch. I think that's about an expected setup, which is where the next problem arises.

I don't quite know where the feeling comes from that MS puts a lot of power in games, in themes perhaps. Otherwise, just like GIF has done, MS has hollowed out towns power to make it less clear, more gamey, moving away from roles like cops, and through the years they never used all that many powerroles anyway. That has had it's impact on winrates. A game like all others, "about expected", is scumsided in nearly every case, for years on end. If you go through the stats, and some people have, it's hard to see that MS has produced any obviously townsided normals, despite scum claiming that occasionally after a loss. This one, if I take an educated guess was at best balanced, but likely I think scum wins this more than 50%. The setup didn't win this game for you in such spectacular fashion: the town did.
I agree to an extent. It could have just been Doc + JOAT and we still would have wrecked the game, that's a fair call.

But I think that's why it's good for the "meta" to be on not overpowering the towns: they don't need it. If town players actually focus on daygame, scum have it really hard. 1 cop is very limited too and with no protective you'll basically get 1 guilty, claim and die.

So it's not gamebreaking and also, there's no massclaim bullshit. All these ways to mechanically clear people late game with 1-shot tracks and shit, plus deputy and so on..fark man. It's not about the hard guilties it's that there's SO MANY powers all up..

Yes okay I would have carried this game and 4 PR's were obsolete but eh, whatever that's only because we got early guilties. If we didn't, I doubt town loses lategame here. If I want to see the games I like I should just mod though I guess.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:57 am

Post by rb »

In post 1135, TwoFace wrote:Gg. I agree town was OPd. Scum should probably have had 4, but the OPd setup didn't even factor in. RB basically got lucky day 1 and chose right the next nights.
Son my kraska meta is infallible it's not luck. I was onto her early and was never letting goOoooOoOoooOoo
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:12 am

Post by kraska77 »

like i said in the dead pt ur "cutesy" bullshit was bullshit
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:14 am

Post by rb »

ofc it was, i was just baiting to see what u did after
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:15 am

Post by kraska77 »

i fell for it =(
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:15 am

Post by rb »

that makes us even
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 127, rb wrote:kraska's entire scumgame is just to act cutesy so that all the men in the game don't wanna lynch her becoz it hurts their chances of having teh sexes chat with her, ergo she's scum now because lOl bIG wrItinG im So QUiRkYYyYy DOnt hurt ME guyZZZ
LMAO
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:27 am

Post by kraska77 »

stop it
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:27 am

Post by kraska77 »

and wat is that avatar stay away from me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1144, kraska77 wrote:and wat is that avatar stay away from me
i could say the same to you
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Good game! rb for MVP!

Town was seriously stacked though, scum could have definitely used a 4th guy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 33, Transcend wrote:Town neap is very annoying and I'll never have any idea how i won my scum game with a town neap.
;)
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:54 am

Post by RachMarie »

umm Trans if that is the game I am thinking of its because you did a great job of pulling the wool over my eyes and the eyes of a few others and got me to vote titus :P
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”