Jesse Gunn
Jesse Gunn
Townie
Jesse Gunn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Jesse Gunn »

Maybe I need firefox. When I hit back, it's the same old suspended account page. From now on, I'll just Ctrl-C everything I type.
http://www.ewexperts.com
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:15 am

Post by MadCrawdad »

unvote

Still no word from Six Aces. Perhaps sis advised him to lay low? :wink:

FoS: Six Aces
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:02 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Phate wrote:
Mod: Votecount please?
Seconded.

Unvote
, at least until Six Aces decides to say some words...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:54 am

Post by farside22 »

I would like to hear this out and I think Jesse may have just done a newbie mistake.
Unvote:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Six Aces
Six Aces
Goon
Six Aces
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Six Aces »

Ok sorry about the delay. I know you guys are just dieing to hear a response from me, and I would have posted one sooner but it seemed like every time I tried the site was having "technical difficulties."
So Jesse Gun pretty much just claimed cop with a guilty on me if anyone missed that part. But what "gets my goat" is that he claimed with no real reasoning behind it. He was getting a little pressure and it cracked him. (A little pressure normally does not crack a person who knows they are innocent.) And once this crack happened he decided that the only way to save himself from being lynched (which confuses me because in my opinion he was not extremely close to being lynched he was just being questioned) was to claim and along with his claim to choose a target to claim guilty on to hopefully get someone lynched and survive through the day.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Six Aces wrote:Ok sorry about the delay. I know you guys are just dieing to hear a response from me, and I would have posted one sooner but it seemed like every time I tried the site was having "technical difficulties."
So Jesse Gun pretty much just claimed cop with a guilty on me if anyone missed that part. But what "gets my goat" is that he claimed with no real reasoning behind it. He was getting a little pressure and it cracked him. (A little pressure normally does not crack a person who knows they are innocent.) And once this crack happened he decided that the only way to save himself from being lynched (which confuses me because in my opinion he was not extremely close to being lynched he was just being questioned) was to claim and along with his claim to choose a target to claim guilty on to hopefully get someone lynched and survive through the day.
My issue with this statement is there is more likely then not at least one cop. I haven't seen anyone attempt a counter claim of any sort. I will grant you he should have played his hand better. If that is your best defense against the claim I'm just not buying it.

vote: Six Aces
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Justin Playfair »

Boiling down Six Aces’ response above he:

(1) claims that a little pressure usually doesn’t crack a person who is innocent (wrong)

(2) says that it was strange for Jesse to crack under so little pressure (right, but it makes a tiny bit more sense if he’s telling the truth and already had a great big secret that he was busting to tell than if he’s lying and just trading the possibility of being lynched today with the certainty of being lynched tomorrow, if Six Aces comes up town [the subset of this, that Jesse is bussing Six Aces under these conditions, is possible but seems far-fetched])

(3) states that Jesse only chose Six Aces after he got in trouble (wrong again, and in retrospect it is easy to see the hints Jesse tried to drop, and in fact even his post to me makes more sense in the context of him having a great big suspect he wanted everyone to look at)

So…

Vote: Six Aces

Seriously, though, Jesse Gun? You weren’t under much pressure at all, you were nowhere close to being in danger of being lynched, and if you are with town there were ways you could have communicated what you knew more subtly.
Six Aces
Six Aces
Goon
Six Aces
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Six Aces »

farside22 wrote:My issue with this statement is there is more likely then not at least one cop. I haven't seen anyone attempt a counter claim of any sort. I will grant you he should have played his hand better. If that is your best defense against the claim I'm just not buying it.

Well... I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but it is looking like you guys actually believe him. I'm the doc... You are now probably thinking something along the lines of: [sarcasm]"Wow I didn't expect that..."[/sarcasm]. But I really hope you guys will listen to the truth, instead of believing a newbie who thinks he can get away with a false-claim on Day 1.
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:59 am

Post by LaptopGun »

I have to agree with justin. It is more likely my opposite number screwedup but is telling the truth. Six aces, I find your doc claim to be false. I've seen gunn's demeanor and I've seen yours and I find his consistent with scared Newbie. I just don't buy your role claim.

vote six aces
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

[/quote]
Well... I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but it is looking like you guys actually believe him. I'm the doc... You are now probably thinking something along the lines of: [sarcasm]"Wow I didn't expect that..."[/sarcasm]. But I really hope you guys will listen to the truth, instead of believing a newbie who thinks he can get away with a false-claim on Day 1.[/quote]

I think it was apparent that folks were strongly considering the cop claim before your initial response... If you had really been hoping that you didn't need to role claim, I would have expected a stronger initial response to the cop claim.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

EBWOP

unvote

The vote for Six Aces in my most recent post was in error... Was actually part of a quote that I had pulled then omitted.

I do suspect that Six Aces is likely scum, but would like to see a vote count before voting.
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Hmm...

Given Farside22's comment and SixAces' response let me state as emphatically as possible that we do not need counterclaims to either of these two claims, and in fact they would be useless, as the first post points out that both these roles could have 0-2 owners.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by farside22 »

Justin Playfair wrote:Hmm...

Given Farside22's comment and SixAces' response let me state as emphatically as possible that we do not need counterclaims to either of these two claims, and in fact they would be useless, as the first post points out that both these roles could have 0-2 owners.
I agree with that. At this point one of the two of them is lying that I have no doubt about.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

Second Official Vote Count

Six Aces (7)
: Jesse Gunn, kabenon007, ryan, vollkan, farside22, Justin Playfair, LaptopGun
MadCrawdad (1)
: Shteven
Wesaq (1)
: Spacecase
farside22 (1)
: The Fonz
kabenon007 (1)
: Wesaq
LaptopGun (1)
: OpposedForce
Shteven (1)
: Six Aces
Spacecase (1)
: Phate
vollkan (1)
: Oman

Not Voting (3)
: Peers, MadCrawdad, somestrangeflea

With 18 alive, it remains 10 to lynch.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by The Fonz »

farside22 wrote:
Justin Playfair wrote:Hmm...

I agree with that. At this point one of the two of them is lying that I have no doubt about.
YOU THINK!

In a game where all cops are sane, OF COURSE one of them is lying. So you're not actually saying anything.

I'm a
. Jesse's claim is just atrocious play if he's mafia, whilst claiming doc makes perfect sense for a scum trying to say anything to stay alive.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Phate »

Well, then, let's play follow-the-cop. Part of me doesn't like the speed of this wagon, but logically, lynching 6A is the play today.

I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Six Aces
Six Aces
Goon
Six Aces
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Six Aces »

Well, as the Burger King once said, "Have it your way."
Just want to wish you guess good luck, sense it seems your really going to go through with this. Good Bye Cruel World! Hopefully not though. Come on guys are you seriously going to believe him. I bet he is sitting back in his comfy little chair laughing his head off about how easy it was to start a bandwagon over a false-claim like that. But it doesn't look like it matters now, because I'm at -1 so the next person who reads the thread is going to hammer me.
Show
A tout le monde
A tout les amis
Je vous aime
Je Dois partir
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free
Jesse Gunn
Jesse Gunn
Townie
Jesse Gunn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Jesse Gunn »

Is there a doc in the house? Please protect me, LOL.
http://www.ewexperts.com
Six Aces
Six Aces
Goon
Six Aces
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Six Aces »

Well, as the Burger King once said, "Have it your way."
Just want to wish you guess good luck, sense it seems your really going to go through with this. Good Bye Cruel World! Hopefully not though. Come on guys are you seriously going to believe him. I bet he is sitting back in his comfy little chair laughing his head off about how easy it was to start a bandwagon over a false-claim like that. But it doesn't look like it matters now, because I'm at -1 so the next person who reads the thread is going to hammer me.
Show
A tout le monde
A tout les amis
Je vous aime
Je Dois partir
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free
Six Aces
Six Aces
Goon
Six Aces
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Six Aces »

Wow sorry about the double post that was delayed 30 minutes... This site has been going down quite a bit and every time I try to post I can't. Must have posted one and thought that I didn't.
Show
A tout le monde
A tout les amis
Je vous aime
Je Dois partir
These are the last words
I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Peers »

Vote: Jesse Gunn

To everyone else, he apparently seems honest. To me? He feels like scum fishing to see if anyone counterclaims or not...
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Strangely appropriate avatar, Peers.

Anyhow I will agree that we went fast with Aces, but due to the actions of our apparently newbie power role we had to. I hate it. But I think Aces is mafia, and his defense however trunkated was not particuarly brilliant. The only thing that makes sense is that... Well that or the mafia fanned the thing. Its also possible one or two dumped Aces for jsut bad luck getting caught and are willing to make the trade 1 mafia for a cop.

I sincerely hope we have a doc or two... and one better not have just had a noose put around his neck (I don't believe so, but I'll achknowledge the possibility).
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Six Aces wrote:Well, as the Burger King once said, "Have it your way."
If you're not scum, he's hardly laughing, since he's going down tomorrow.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Post by Shteven »

I am uncomfortable with the speed of this lynch. Page 5 is not going to give us very much to go on for day 2. That said, I'll admit that even though I'm not very fond of jessie's soft claiming method, having a claimed guilty result is going to be a better chance than most day 1 lynches. With apologies to six aces, and your sister:

"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:35 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Peers wrote:Vote: Jesse Gunn

To everyone else, he apparently seems honest. To me? He feels like scum fishing to see if anyone counterclaims or not...
I believe that at least one of the two is scum, and that Six Aces is the most likely of the two candidates up for lynch, simply because JG claimed Cop. I acknowledge the possibility that Jesse Gunn may be scum, but feel that it's unlikely.
Shteven wrote:I am uncomfortable with the speed of this lynch. Page 5 is not going to give us very much to go on for day 2.
I agree, but when you've got a "follow-the-cop" situation, can you really blame us? Even if JG is lying, he's dead tomorrow, and one scum within the first 2 days isn't a particularly bad thing...

This day is over.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”