Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5600 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:14 am

Post by Quick »

In post 5599, Whiskers wrote:
In post 5596, Quick wrote:Kinda sucks that my best read of the game AKA whiskers never got lynched. But I have to hand it to them with the word count.
I mean, I'm pretty sure I didn't surpass your Day 1 post ISO until like day 3
That may be true, but I had very few fluff posts. I posted way too much, that's a given. My point was I think people were town reading you (or at least not voting you) because you had high volume posts and said a lot in your posts. That's not easy to do as Scum. It was supposed to be a compliment.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5601 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5600, Quick wrote:
In post 5596, Quick wrote:Kinda sucks that my best read of the game AKA whiskers never got lynched. But I have to hand it to them with the word count.
That may be true, but I had very few fluff posts. I posted way too much, that's a given. My point was I think people were town reading you (or at least not voting you) because you had high volume posts and said a lot in your posts. That's not easy to do as Scum. It was supposed to be a compliment.
Isn't it easy to do as scum?

But I'll take the compliment, thank you!

I don't know why I didn't get lynched. I kept saying people should lynch me, and even self voted. Later I was out and out telling IaI that he should make a case on me. Alisae bussed me, Mathblade (the flipped scum) played really suspiciously around my slot, and then Transcend came in and bussed me again by pointing out that Alisae busses hard.
And like, I just didn't get lynched I guess.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5602 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:43 am

Post by Quick »

In post 5601, Whiskers wrote:
In post 5600, Quick wrote:
Isn't it easy to do as scum?

But I'll take the compliment, thank you!

I don't know why I didn't get lynched. I kept saying people should lynch me, and even self voted. Later I was out and out telling IaI that he should make a case on me. Alisae bussed me, Mathblade (the flipped scum) played really suspiciously around my slot, and then Transcend came in and bussed me again by pointing out that Alisae busses hard.
And like, I just didn't get lynched I guess.
IDK maybe I am just not very long winded in general. Most of the time when I make longer posts, its based on theory or why the "standard" way to read people is correct. Does that even make sense?

Distancing shows it's merits in many many ways.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5603 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 am

Post by Transcend »

You didn't get lynched because i didn't let you get lynched
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5604 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Thanks for modding :)
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5605 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:56 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 5594, Alisae wrote:Hey Pie thanks for running the game sorry I replaced out :(
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5606 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

If scum isn't going to release the PT, can you quote your paranoia about me being a Mason axle? Out of curiosity.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5607 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Sauce »

No scum PT?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5608 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 5606, Lucky2u wrote:If scum isn't going to release the PT, can you quote your paranoia about me being a Mason axle? Out of curiosity.
It was the most stupid fucking thing ever

He thought it was mason theatre

I wanted to vomit chunks
pienyan
pienyan
Goon
pienyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5609 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by pienyan »

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to release it, and even if I can it may take a bit. There's quite a bit of sensitive stuff interwoven into there, so it's not as easy as just picking out and deleting posts.
Please call me "pie", "pienyan", or "piegirl(n)". TIA.
Yuri: the Purest Form of Love -rebirth- coming soon.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5610 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5609, pienyan wrote:I'm still not sure if I'll be able to release it, and even if I can it may take a bit. There's quite a bit of sensitive stuff interwoven into there, so it's not as easy as just picking out and deleting posts.
If anyone is annoyed with that sorry. It's completely me who is holding it up and some things are holding me up from doing so namely sensitive topics came up during the game that I am not sure some people aren't assholes:
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5611 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Cabd »

Better to just quote form that thread into a new PT of all posts that ARE game relevant, then release that?
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5612 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5606, Lucky2u wrote:If scum isn't going to release the PT, can you quote your paranoia about me being a Mason axle? Out of curiosity.
It was more based on UCV, I felt I had good read on UCV being overly excited to play. It felt like it needed a reason.
The Rhah vote did not really look srs to me. doesnt help. How can UCV happen if no one ever says why they're voting them? Only people who are going to sheep that are town without better idea in the head or scum.
I thought/guessed Rhah was trying to find the scum with it.

After that... a no brakes tunnel followed.

Your posting also didn't seem to justify the Rhah responses. Apparently he was in his own no brakes tunnel.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5613 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5611, Cabd wrote:Better to just quote form that thread into a new PT of all posts that ARE game relevant, then release that?
I have thought about this and I could go through the PT Sunday and do this but I am not risking being dysphoric at work.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5614 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

Hi, (yes that means exactly what it always does)(pls dont move)
In post 5611, Cabd wrote:Better to just quote form that thread into a new PT of all posts that ARE game relevant, then release that?
staring at that thought.

They get get mixed up a bit too. Hence the editing, not just pick the game relevant ones, problem.
and then the problem of what half told stories look like.

and to be frank, not everybody all the time looks like a good faith actor in interpersonal processes.
I am getting tired of things being cancerous. Especially when such behavior is in fact contagious breeds more of itself and spreads like cancer of bile. And if we cut everything out that would not potentially just feed and encourage more of that there would be not all that much left worth reading.
I would for instance cut my entire actual >>personal<< >>human<< reaction to scum slipping. Because why stand there and let people throw shit at the person you are. When they don't even at the time have scum PM, but appear not to have noticed.

and within a game where wincon is on the line that expected up to a limit. Some people have different limits to me.

and while I am in pontificating mood.

A General health warning about plying mafia.

Just as you are what you eat is truism with some merit.
You are who you practice being.
Choose who you want to practice being.
Choose wisely, choose well
Its is your actual quality of life for the rest of your life that you are betting. Knowingly or not.

Spoiler: longer and soemwhat pointier.
Mafia is an interpersonal process game, if you practice playing in a particular style, do not be surprised if that starts turning up in your actual real life interactions. A question I most certainly am not asking the reader of this post but i am suggesting they should ask themselves is when I play mafia am I practicing being the person I want to be.
For real life example of how practice or even exposure to bad interpersonal processes get in. Consider Mel Gibson and why and where he says his outburst came from when he was drunk. I have it on good authority that when Mel is sober up ladder cleaning out the gutters of a property mel owned and was renting out, he was a lovely guy. (Aka happened to be in town the agent told him the gutters needing cleaning so Mel did it... With a cheerful smile on his face.) (but childhood practice in being in social situation with bigot stuck like shit, and came out with alchohol (reduced inhibitions))

Again I ask people to ask themselves
A question I most certainly am not asking the reader of this post but i am suggesting they should ask themselves is when I play mafia "
Am I practicing being the person that I want to be.
"
As a hint: I will indicate that how I play mafia and get reads is I try really really hard to put myself in the mindset of other people and think like they would, with the knowledge, skills, emotions that they do. Sometimes I find pretending to be the people I have played mafia with or read the games of to be really really unpleasant as I don't even like imagining I think like they do.
The most notable exception ever: In this game the hardest thing I ever did in my mafia life was purposefully put myself in Viomis shoes. And remember/relive how I felt when a related thing happened in my own life. That was just bad and unrelated to the person as it was entirely the situation burning me up.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5615 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

EBWOP oops. missed t and bits
In post 5614, AxleGreaser wrote:Hi, (yes that means exactly what it always does)(pls dont move)(this misses you entirely)
star
t
ing at that thought.

They get get mixed up a bit too. Hence the editing, not just pick the game relevant ones, problem.
and then the problem of what half told stories look like.

and to be frank, not everybody all the time looks like a good faith actor in interpersonal processes.
I am getting tired of things being cancerous. Especially when such behavior is in fact contagious breeds more of itself and spreads like cancer of bile. And if we cut everything out that would not potentially just feed and encourage more of that there would be not all that much left worth reading.
I would for instance cut my entire actual >>personal<< >>human<< reaction to scum slipping. Because why stand there and let people throw shit at the person you are. When they don't even at the time have scum PM, but appear not to have noticed.

and within a game where wincon is on the line that expected up to a limit. Some people have different limits to me.

and while I am in pontificating mood.

A General health warning about plying mafia.

Just as you are what you eat is truism with some merit.
You are who you practice being.
Choose who you want to practice being.
Choose wisely, choose well
Its is your actual quality of life for the rest of your life that you are betting. Knowingly or not.

Spoiler: longer and soemwhat pointier.
Mafia is an interpersonal process game, if you practice playing in a particular style, do not be surprised if that starts turning up in your actual real life interactions. A question I most certainly am not asking the reader of this post but i am suggesting they should ask themselves is when I play mafia am I practicing being the person I want to be.
For real life example of how practice or even exposure to bad interpersonal processes get in. Consider Mel Gibson and why and where he says his outburst came from when he was drunk. I have it on good authority that when Mel is sober up ladder cleaning out the gutters of a property mel owned and was renting out, he was a lovely guy. (Aka happened to be in town the agent told him the gutters needing cleaning so Mel did it... With a cheerful smile on his face.) (but childhood practice in being in social situation with bigot stuck like shit, and came out with alchohol (reduced inhibitions))

Again I ask people to ask themselves
A question I most certainly am not asking the reader of this post but i am suggesting they should ask themselves is when I play mafia "
Am I practicing being the person that I want to be.
"
As a hint: I will indicate that how I play mafia and get reads is I try really really hard to put myself in the mindset of other people and think like they would, with the knowledge, skills, emotions that they do. Sometimes I find pretending to be the people I have played mafia with or read the games of to be really really unpleasant as I don't even like imagining I think like they do.
The most notable exception ever: In this game the hardest thing I ever did in my mafia life was purposefully put myself in Viomis shoes. And remember/relive how I felt when a related thing happened in my own life. That was just bad and unrelated to the person as it was entirely the situation burning me up.

@viomi If the above reads like anything other than compassion for your situation PM me and I will write version of English that means what I say, with only you as the target audience and be very clear.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5616 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 5593, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 5576, Joey_ wrote:Honestly tiam made it a nightmare to play, tons of people ended up being obvious town including turtle, lucky, nauci, beeboy and even nero was was his town self for most of the game even if his reads were 2 standard deviation worse than a coinflip. What a shitshow

I'm going to be the bigger person here and not engage.
You shouldve had that attitude in game
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5617 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by Smocaine »

It's not that important if the pt is not released Mathblade, don't trip.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5618 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5576, Joey_ wrote:even if his reads were 2 standard deviation worse than a coinflip.
you do realize that you were pushing a town flubber and dunk while I was pushing scum whiskers, town nauci and scum math/alisae.
In post 5577, Joey_ wrote:Sttuborn fucks like tiam and nero are the reason why mafia game can gives cancer
I actually think I was not stubborn enough and I really fucked the town over.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5619 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I haven't done much modding yet (just some newbie games) but when I do I'm going to make releasing of pts mandatory. No editing or anything. If you don't want it seen don't say it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5620 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by gerryoat »

^ what he said
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5621 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

^ not what he said.
In post 5619, Nero Cain wrote:I haven't done much modding yet (just some newbie games) but when I do I'm going to make releasing of pts mandatory. No editing or anything. If you don't want it seen don't say it.
Please note the following is theoretical. The theoretical basis of these abstract statements is as fact based on things I saw in the combination of all the scum PTs I have ever seen.

I like simple rules too.
Humans are not always simples.

Scum PT can at times be a different.
Something someone once said to me is scum buddies are best buddies. And as such humans in the scum PT can a support one another as humans. And that is a good thing. The alternative of
letting your scum buddy just go through things alone perhaps play badly as result and hurt your wincon.
or interacting with them in an interpersonal way you might normally not do in public thread as you would have taken it to PMs.
or break what you would normally consider privacy barrier and talk to them in the PT.
is one too many dilemmas to put on a scum player for me. They are not robots simple rules dont always work well.

and note it gets worse. If you interact with a person, showing them compassion that may in fact bait the person you are showing compassion to into saying more than they normally would.

Awww shucks Axle is really saying he showed Math compassion
. And you'd be bad at mafia too I take it. Math showed me compassion and I as an indirect maybe/causal result made errors of judgment and I stated personally identifying details about RL me. Truth. I suspect Math cant even make sense of how and where that happened, but it is what happened. I also have a really strong tendency to make my statements about me as I have a right to disclose that. What happened in maths head i don't rightly know, and am not rude enough to ask, nor judgmental enough to assume I can guess.

So as a mod, if I ever decide to be one, no I don't plan to brick wall hard impose those rules. As a guiding principle sure fine, I have a private game theory reason for my rule that scum PTs will be largely/normally be opened up. But unique situations always have the potential to arise. YMMV.

The alternative of as a mod watching scum buddies watch one another suffer as humans but be unable to help them (empathise) lest they say things or bait personally exposing reactions out of the other person. Is not where I am at.

I am also not saying that is where you are at. Very few people view the world the way I do.
If you don't want it seen don't say it.
Finally note this: I fucked up in the scum PT and included what regarded as
personally identifying details
about me in the PT. Why? None of your business. (Some of the reason is now above) What none of your business. How significant? Well that I will say. meh in hindsight now I have really come down and got some sleep it is not that much more than there exist somewhere else on the net. In general the principle that people and RL privacy are thing to protect. Um yes.
And its your rule that if anyone makes that mistake they would not get elided but exposed to google forever? .... really?

Sure now I know not to sign up to your game.
Please note in advance if I am mod and my rule says this....
If you don't want it seen don't say it.
If shit happens I will be a surprise bastard mod and allow the editing and maybe never even say I did. because not.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5622 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Transcend »

The pt is an eyesore anyways
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5623 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't really know what went on in the scum pt so I can't really make a judgment call. I think everyone has a right to privacy so I mean like if you accidentally posted your address or something then sure, I could understand not wanting that to be public or something. I think I'm coming from a more Nancy type situation who doesn't want her posts seen to keep ppl from being able to meta her. I just think scums play should be open for the public to see.

I think there was an argument that if you say something mean or w/e that should be edited out so the player you are trash talking doesn't get mad/you don't look like a dick and I'm just of the mindset of don't say it and if you do live with whatever happens.

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5624 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

well yeah...
I was in it
so...
There's like 3 pages of me wondering where in the world whiskers is.
riveting stuff.
So riveting not even my scum buddies read it all.

Now suddenyl everybody wants to red it, when during the game people wouldn't even admit they read my posts. That is one of these i am sure :shifty: :roll:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”