large normal 219: COOL NEW ANIMALS (done!!)

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:51 am

Post by Skygazer »

bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:51 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 3171, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 3163, Skygazer wrote:10/10 would roll scum w bob and Sky again
same here
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:52 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 3174, rosterfoster wrote:Also please everyone ignore the part in the scum PT where I thought we could quickhammer Nero btu I had in fact already been lynched.
already saved sorry
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 7:53 am

Post by rosterfoster »

I realised a minute before Schadd locked the thread :lol:

I will never get those 30 minutes back again.

Thanks for modding btw Schadd
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 8:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3150, NotAnAxehole wrote:Tbh, I almost voted Bob, but I wasn't willing to lose to Nero
your "reasons" for thinking I was scum were trash.

I'm salty, town should have had this.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 8:36 am

Post by bob3141 »

Near the start of the game i realised that the game would be won by getting nero and axe to end game. Cant beleive I was actualy right.

If you look back at some of my answers I was deliberately trying fit anything in that might subtly inflame the situation between axe and nero. I do hope it had some effect on how things played out.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 8:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean prob. You played Axe like a guitar. Very well done.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 8:54 am

Post by KidAmn »

Should have stuck with my gut on Sky D1. Axe couldn't have been a better member of the scum-team without rolling a red role.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:22 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 3179, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3150, NotAnAxehole wrote:Tbh, I almost voted Bob, but I wasn't willing to lose to Nero

No we shouldn't have. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks masons should be this fucking secretive after they crumb is wrong.

Scum pegged 2/3 masons day 1 and the 3rd shortly after while town where sitting there with nothing watching claimed masons mislynch again and again.

Their unwillingness to kill 1 mason to prove the other 2 was questionable, but I get it. Their unwillingness to claim properly as soon as wizard flipped town was just plain bananas. What could possibly scum think about axe after day 1? They 100% pegged him as some sort of PR or informed role the way he went after wizard. Only town were kept blind and that was more anti-town than all the mislynches the masons pushed combined.

100% I call out a claim like this again and it flips scum.

Seriously if axe sacrificed himself for the good of town after they made the mistake of not claiming earlier we would have won. But hilariously all 3 of the masons were pretty much pushing axe as their best endgamer while the 3 scum were purposefully letting him live longer.

But maybe it's just me. Maybe no scum team is good enough to be able to mislynch 4 times in a row, so my paranoia was unfounded.

Imagine how easier reads get when you have just 1 IC in the game. We could have had 3 ICs this game but we just chose not to.
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:26 am

Post by BuJaber »

Ftr I thought kid and fumuki were obvtown. Nero not obvtown but close to it. Eevee wasn't suspicious to me at all except when he claimed a little bit.

Everyone else I'm sorry I was too distracted to read properly.

"
"- Pine
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

scum didn't kill the masons b/c they were hoping we'd lynch one to prove em. They were p obvious though but I could see why you'd be upset that they were trying (and failing) to be secretive.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

honestly, if we had lynched Axe d1 and Nom and Performer stayed secret I think this coulda been a town win.

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

Post by BuJaber »

Scum strategy is pretty obvious in hindsight but that's just it. It's only obvious when you know the 3 masons aren't lying. If you read the mason PT some of the posts just make me feel like they were treating everyone else as informed when only they were.

The difference between informed and uninformed is night and day. You can't keep pushing all the people who don't believe you as scum. It's not their fault. Burden of proof is on the informed. Even something as small as going from 2-mason claim to 3-masons was suspicious as all hell.

I like seeing people try gambits I'm not that bothered by the gambit failing. What bothers me the most is how adamant the masons were that anyone pushing them is scum.

"
"- Pine
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:49 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I softed that I was mason with Axe through a soft d1 because he was getting pushed really hard. I honestly never rolled mason because it wasn't a thing in other mafia sites so I went with "save my mason partner from getting lynched". I honestly don't know if that was the best play but that's I went with, so yeah.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 10:20 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Eh, Nero pushing me after straight up calling us masons was pretty sus. Not necessarily scum, but I mean, town deserved to lose. Sickofit and Nero standing up for Skygazer D2 was also sus...
This team is ruining my life!
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by EeveeLution Army »

In post 3183, BuJaber wrote:
In post 3179, Nero Cain wrote:

No we shouldn't have. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks masons should be this fucking secretive after they crumb is wrong.

Scum pegged 2/3 masons day 1 and the 3rd shortly after while town where sitting there with nothing watching claimed masons mislynch again and again.

Their unwillingness to kill 1 mason to prove the other 2 was questionable, but I get it. Their unwillingness to claim properly as soon as wizard flipped town was just plain bananas. What could possibly scum think about axe after day 1? They 100% pegged him as some sort of PR or informed role the way he went after wizard. Only town were kept blind and that was more anti-town than all the mislynches the masons pushed combined.

100% I call out a claim like this again and it flips scum.

Seriously if axe sacrificed himself for the good of town after they made the mistake of not claiming earlier we would have won. But hilariously all 3 of the masons were pretty much pushing axe as their best endgamer while the 3 scum were purposefully letting him live longer.

But maybe it's just me. Maybe no scum team is good enough to be able to mislynch 4 times in a row, so my paranoia was unfounded.

Imagine how easier reads get when you have just 1 IC in the game. We could have had 3 ICs this game but we just chose not to.

tbh its a tough choice to lynch a basically confirmed town even if they are bad. i kinda predicted town was gonna lose its why i was starting to give up but then i thought maybe town could actually turn it around. but nope my prediction rang true xD. honestly in my heart i really wanted to get axe. but idk how well that would have gone for me in my position tbh.

should i have gone for it? idk i have before but they were way worse than axe.

legit once had an IC who was so bad i wanted them dead after they iced
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 2:46 pm

In post 3189, NotAnAxehole wrote:Eh, Nero pushing me after straight up calling us masons was pretty sus. Not necessarily scum, but I mean, town deserved to lose. Sickofit and Nero standing up for Skygazer D2 was also sus...

idt town deserving to lose was a call you could make.
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

In post 3191, EeveeLution Army wrote:
In post 3189, NotAnAxehole wrote:Eh, Nero pushing me after straight up calling us masons was pretty sus. Not necessarily scum, but I mean, town deserved to lose. Sickofit and Nero standing up for Skygazer D2 was also sus...

idt town deserving to lose was a call you could make.
Postgame I can make any call I want.
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Also, I mean, Nero started a 1v1, you have to expect it would get resolved at one point or another
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, its a call you have to make so you can justify your poor endgame play.

I mean the thing you have to understand is that players not in the know the see two scummy players claim mason are going to have it in the back of their minds that those players are scum and I don't feel like you could really comprehend that.

Could I have played better? sure but I think most of the town can say that.

Evee was lurking early and in hindsight that was just town pr play.

I forgot why Sky was getting pushed d1. Bob getting pushed on d2 for lying but when he lied on d1 no one gave a shit and I don't blame myself for questioning the wagon. I thought Ruirui was lurky and scummy and honestly, I don't blame myself there. Kid was kinda dumb, I was initially town reading him and I never should have gone back on him. I think Evee and Nom played well down the stretch and town nearly pulled this off if it wasn't for you.

EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 5:09 pm

my softs probably could have been better but i was hoping scum would think im a more powerful pr than i was or get a protective role on me if there was any.

what did scum think of my softs if they noticied them btw?

also i should try hosting sometime but it feels like alot of work xD
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 3194, Nero Cain wrote:Well, its a call you have to make so you can justify your poor endgame play.

I mean the thing you have to understand is that players not in the know the see two scummy players claim mason are going to have it in the back of their minds that those players are scum and I don't feel like you could really comprehend that.

Could I have played better? sure but I think most of the town can say that.

Evee was lurking early and in hindsight that was just town pr play.

I forgot why Sky was getting pushed d1. Bob getting pushed on d2 for lying but when he lied on d1 no one gave a shit and I don't blame myself for questioning the wagon. I thought Ruirui was lurky and scummy and honestly, I don't blame myself there. Kid was kinda dumb, I was initially town reading him and I never should have gone back on him. I think Evee and Nom played well down the stretch and town nearly pulled this off if it wasn't for you.

I actualy never lied, that the thing. They were just mess ups I would have likely made as town.

That day one vote thing was me genuinely making the post after only reading upto page 3 and The next day i actual started reading from page 6 forgeting to actual look at pages 4 and 5. If I had been town I would have made the same post.

And i was lying in the day 2 thing with sky vote as it was just a slip. As i never checked what sky actual claimed before making teh post. And I was think of my response knowing he would claim disloyal. But Loyal got stuck in my head partial due to it being mentioned prior. Causing me to get mixed when my thought proccess was broken up by something at work. We dont need go into it but lets just say it was a long the lines of someone was ridiculously behaving like "loyal" cat.

You will see that nero vote and sky vote were both on wednesday. More precisely ever other wednesday.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:25 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 3195, EeveeLution Army wrote:my softs probably could have been better but i was hoping scum would think im a more powerful pr than i was or get a protective role on me if there was any.

what did scum think of my softs if they noticied them btw?

also i should try hosting sometime but it feels like alot of work xD
oh i noticed your softs. Though you were weak power role stretching your results to far. Thinking people were town based on your nigth action but no realizing that although they were town you results gave you no evidence eitehr way.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:56 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

@Nero I think you played well, your posting was pretty townie and I found it easy to trust you in early F7. Better commitment from us all would have probably sealed the game.

@Eevee sorry for having said you were dumb MD lol, but I legit felt so confused by a lot of your actions :P
NotAnAxehole
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
NotAnAxehole
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Mon May 27, 2019 2:10 am

Post by NotAnAxehole »

@Nero you should not question a mason claim until there are other PR claims out there. Then you can weigh which ones are more likely. This game was obviously masons because no one else had a notable PR.

I do not regret my endgame decision. Everyone should have seen that coming since like D2 and you played into it rather than getting out of that situation.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”