wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:10 am

Post by wolframnhart »

i'll give the treaty a shot, at least it gives you outs if you end up not agreeing with how its run or you feel its scum run.
/treaty
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
PeterGriffin
PeterGriffin
Townie
PeterGriffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:10 am

Post by PeterGriffin »

Viva La Swiss!

In other news, I'm definately interested in this pact, and will be curious to see how it influences the game.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Korts »

That's four so far for the treaty. I think we should stop at 5 tops, BM.
scumchat never die
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:30 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Fos: anyone joining the pact
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Korts »

OpposedForce wrote:
Geez, the game's not even started yet
scumchat never die
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:39 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Korts wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:
Geez, the game's not even started yet
It feels like it though doesn't it :P
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
PeterGriffin
PeterGriffin
Townie
PeterGriffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:41 am

Post by PeterGriffin »

OpposedForce wrote:
OpposedForce, that seems a little extreme. Afterall, the treaty has an escape clause should any town-players think it scum-driven, so there doesn't seem to be that much incentive to not at least give it a shot. What exactly about joining the treaty itself do you believe to be scummy?

(Heh, it does feel like the game's started already.)
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:52 am

Post by OpposedForce »

PeterGriffin wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:
OpposedForce, that seems a little extreme. Afterall, the treaty has an escape clause should any town-players think it scum-driven, so there doesn't seem to be that much incentive to not at least give it a shot. What exactly about joining the treaty itself do you believe to be scummy?

Let's say scum joins the treaty (which most likely they did) to blend in with the townies. The "pact" discusses what to do and who to lynch and if scum is there their going to push for lynches. The pact obviously isn't going to vote for another member of the pact unless they act extremely anti-town so scum can just blend in and not get voted by the other members of the pact. It's pretty much a safe cover for the scum in the pact.
DynamoXI
DynamoXI
Townie
DynamoXI
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:04 am

Post by DynamoXI »

Ohh Ohh

/treaty =]
Show
Completed Games
Town 2/0/0
Mafia 0/0/0
Current Games:
FFVII Mafia
Mafia 84 - Crime in Cressario
Mafia 85 - Murder at the Bus Stop
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Netlava »

/confirm
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:18 am

Post by wolframnhart »

When 1 signatory feels they have caught the scent of a scumbag, they may request the assistance of other signatories, in running them upto a claim, and possibly a lynch. Other signatories must answer this request affirmatively, or have a very good reason not to. For the purposes of organisation, all willing members will then Proxy their vote to said signatory, for the duration of the wagon.

yes but there Opposed it at least says that you have to present a case, much like anyone would when hunting scum, then everyone must agree or give a very good reason why they don't. If this is done properly it should work well.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
PeterGriffin
PeterGriffin
Townie
PeterGriffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:19 am

Post by PeterGriffin »

OpposedForce wrote:
PeterGriffin wrote:
OpposedForce wrote:

Let's say scum joins the treaty (which most likely they did) to blend in with the townies. The "pact" discusses what to do and who to lynch and if scum is there their going to push for lynches. The pact obviously isn't going to vote for another member of the pact unless they act extremely anti-town so scum can just blend in and not get voted by the other members of the pact. It's pretty much a safe cover for the scum in the pact.
That's fair enough, but not only is there an escape-clause should people believe that scum are driving the treaty, but it's not like a player can't get kicked out if they are believed to be scum.
Battle Mage wrote:
Entry/Departure

A player may only be granted admittance to this treaty by a unanimous vote of existing signatories.
A signatory may voluntarily leave this treaty at any time, and must say so in thread.
A signatory may be forcibly removed from this treaty by a majority vote of the remaining signatories.
Especially at the beginning of the game, that's not going to take that many votes. If a player tries to push bad cases, seems unwilling to vote for a certain player despite treaty rules without a solid reason and/or just overall acts scummy, most likely they're going to get kicked out. Of course, if the scum have enough members in there to manipulate the majority it won't work, but then most likely they'll have enough to manipulate the treaty itself anyway, and pro-town members should evacuate immediately.
DynamoXI wrote:Ohh Ohh

/treaty =]
No. No. No. That is :badposting:. When there is a discussion occuring regarding if a treaty is legitimate, you don't just quickly agree to it. Throughout your posts you have yet to provide reasoning as to why it's a good idea, simply agreeing with the other players. Why will it help catch scum? Why is it an efficient method in your opinion? The other signees after Korts at least provided some slim reasoning for joining the treaty. You gave nothing. If anybody is doing what OF suggested here, it's you.

FoS: DynamoXI
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:26 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

/le confirm
Snaps_the_Pirate
Snaps_the_Pirate
Goon
Snaps_the_Pirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Snaps_the_Pirate »

/Confirm
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:39 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Could we hang on to in-thread discussion until we actually start please?

*tears up the pact*
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:41 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

SC you're always in my games. lol
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:43 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

maxwellhouse wrote:SC you're always in my games. lol
Welcome to hell xD
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Mr. T
Mr. T
Townie
Mr. T
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Mr. T »

/confirm
earthworm
earthworm
Townie
earthworm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:49 am

Post by earthworm »

/confirm
cris150
cris150
Townie
cris150
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:13 am

Post by cris150 »

3 pages and the game hasn't even started... :D

/confirm
sigh... summer is over :(
PeterGriffin
PeterGriffin
Townie
PeterGriffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:15 am

Post by PeterGriffin »

StrangerCoug wrote:Could we hang on to in-thread discussion until we actually start please?

*tears up the pact*
That's fair enough, but if we can get discussion started early, I don't really see why that isn't beneficial for the town. It will simply give us more information to work with when the game actually starts.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:30 am

Post by raider8169 »

Feaken A peple!! I want in on the treaty but it seems there are already too many to get in on it!

Thats it, if I cant be in the treaty I will make a new treaty! Yeah ok so I wont, Im not good enough for that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Hi all. I'm the back up mod.
Geez 3 pages and this is just the confirmations. O_o
Oh BM is playing no wonder.
I'm going to be using this wonder dark blue color I love so much. I will poke my head in every so often if a vote count is needed or if Skitzer needs my help along the way.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
earthworm
earthworm
Townie
earthworm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:07 am

Post by earthworm »

StrangerCoug, I don't really see the problem with discussion beginning in the pre-game, it's better than starting it with three pages of random votes, this way we'll be able to start placing pressure votes on suspicious people right off the bat when the game starts, rather than starting with random ones.

The thing with the treaty is that right now it seems to be working on a first-come-first-served basis, which is only going to guarantee scum within it, because there's pretty much nothing to judge people with at this point. Personally, I'm with Opposed Force in regards to his FOS on applicants becuase face it, if you were scum seeing the treaty, you would want to get inside, because it's a brand new way to safeguard the town's opinion of you, and another opportunity like that isn't going to come around in a long time, admittedly town would want in too, because as far as I know, a voting pact like this is a new idea that hasn't been used before, but to scum, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Killing without suspicion will also be a lot easier, because most suspects recommended to the pact will inevitably be innocent, and scum can vote on them worry free, since they did it along with the rest of the members. Conclusive evidence will be hard to find on any scum too, because they'll have identical voting patterns to the rest of the pact, since smart scum won't defend their scumbuddies who are brought forwards, since half the time the treaty's votes won't lead to a lynch, and the other half the lynch would be inevitable, and if they could actually prevent a scumbuddie's lynch, it would just hurt them further down the line.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Korts »

So join my ANTI-TREATY COALITION! We're currently allies with the Pact, but don't let that bother you, we're all for individual thought as long as you follow my instructions.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”