Open 93 - Near Vanilla: Game Over, Mafia Win!

thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:08 am

Post by thegeckoj »

Doktor Per, how are we to leave the non-game related stuff out? isnt each game we play something to build our skills on. and the player specific wiki pages are there to browse to know something about the players from the get go. MafiaSSK has either a very poor play style, is scum or just likes to make himself sound tough on his wiki page.

frankly i dont see a reason to take my vote away from him.
fos Doktor Per
for trying to only have us focus on whats in front of us. this is an odd tactic as this early in the game as much if not more information can usually be found elsewhere.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:18 am

Post by retrowiz »

unvote. Vote: Gamma
for attempting to start a bandwagon on me. I agree quick lynch is not helpful. but I figured l-2 was not a horrible thing, and maybe even make mafia post...it wasn't but oh well.

but gamma jusmps on me for bandwagoning, then bandwagon's himself, whats with that!
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:42 am

Post by armlx »

unvote. Vote: Gamma for attempting to start a bandwagon on me.
OMGUS much?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:57 am

Post by SpamWise »

MafiaSSK wrote:This is a really stupid wago.
Your mum's a stupid wago. (Heeheehee, I'm so mature)

I'm not a big fan of retro's OMGUS vote. Putting someone at L-2 is completely different than throwing the second vote on someone.

unvote

Vote:Retrowiz

Also, I'm not a big fan of this post:
ZazieR wrote:Sorry Darox for thinking about other players. I don't see the point why to vote a lurker. If you don't want him to lurk you give him pressure votes or you ask questions to him. Lynching him will only help if he's scum.
Let's go back to the situation where SSK is the lurker townie. Do you really want to lynch him for lurking and sacrifice at the same town a pro-town player?

You should only lynch the players that you see as scum, not unhelpful but possible pro-town players. I hope you can see now, why I wrote that post where you FoS'ed me for.
Mainly because it presupposes that MafiaSSK is pro-town. And because there are too many hypotheticals involved. There really shouldn't be any reason for ZazieR to defend SSK. Unless it was out of the goodness of Zazie's heart. But no-one is truly virtuous enough to defend SSK.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:05 am

Post by retrowiz »

armlx wrote:
unvote. Vote: Gamma for attempting to start a bandwagon on me.
OMGUS much?
not an OMGUS at all. I dont care that the vote was on me, it's the making a bandwagon on someone who jumped on a bandwagon.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:14 am

Post by armlx »

not an OMGUS at all. I dont care that the vote was on me, it's the making a bandwagon on someone who jumped on a bandwagon.
Uhh, yeah.... Your point?
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:24 am

Post by retrowiz »

just pointing that out to SPAM
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Doktor Per »

thegeckoj wrote:Doktor Per, how are we to leave the non-game related stuff out? isnt each game we play something to build our skills on. and the player specific wiki pages are there to browse to know something about the players from the get go. MafiaSSK has either a very poor play style, is scum or just likes to make himself sound tough on his wiki page.

frankly i dont see a reason to take my vote away from him.
fos Doktor Per
for trying to only have us focus on whats in front of us. this is an odd tactic as this early in the game as much if not more information can usually be found elsewhere.
One of those days, you guys need to let me in on the secret of FoS, whatever that means. My point is, what does meta game reading have to do with discovering his role in the game? Does he have a significantly different play style when he is scum? If so, meta away.

My style is not for the feint of heart, and it garners a lot of hate and envy. I don't ask anyone to take a vote away from the guy since I'm not doing it (yet) as that would be hypocritical, I just think the reason for the vote should not be a personal one. (as in disliking his playstyle or whatever)

The odds of him being scum is 3/13 lest I'm mistaken, those odds are worse than 1/4 which makes any assumption about his role this early in the game absurd.

Oh wait, let's see, gonna roll my die a couple of more times to root out the other two scum, since my die apparerntly have mythical properties.

armlx and killa seven seem to be scum according to that. Quick fellow townsmen, lynch the scum.
Lynch them!!!
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Also, retro.

Rule # 74, never vote anyone that voted for you or has voted for you. People are always going to claim OMGUS no matter how valid your point is (unless you write fifteen paragraphs explaining yourself and making a reference to the Wine in Front of You)
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:29 am

Post by retrowiz »

I see...so basically I should have waiting for someone else to point out the obvious contradiction, or I can point it out, but not vote based on it.
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Darox »

I don't like the retro wagon right now.

In my experience he often places votes without prior thought and little explaination, and makes for an easy mislynch. Not sold on him unless I see something more substantial.
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Basicly people have a checklist of things they always do.

OMGUS is one of the dumber ones, for everyone involved.
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Gamma »

correction to retrowiz
: I didn't jump on you for bandwagoning, I jumped on you for stupid wagoning.

Anyway, you were just unlucky to be the one I pretty much. This game doesn't allow me to vote all of the MafiaSSK wagon.
V/LA until I get a new computer
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by armlx »

Darox, I could go for Gecko. Meta is all fair.

Unvote, Vote Gecko
thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by thegeckoj »

if you are agreeing with me that meta is fair game why are you voting for me?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by armlx »

B/c retro's meta implies this is the norm for him.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:43 pm

Post by Darox »

Gecko is the #2 suspect in my rundown of the SSK wagon. I can dig this wagon.

Unvote, Vote thegeckoj
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:00 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I must say that I do like how this is turning. Not entirely sold on thegeckoj wagon yet, but I can see how it has merit.

I'll bite if he doesn't become more active.

Yes Gecko, that does mean you have to write more than one sentence (preferably a paragraph or two) to avoid suspicion by default. Please don't make me have to do this, it's very frustrating.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:33 pm

Post by ZazieR »

SpamWise wrote: Also, I'm not a big fan of this post:
ZazieR wrote:Sorry Darox for thinking about other players. I don't see the point why to vote a lurker. If you don't want him to lurk you give him pressure votes or you ask questions to him. Lynching him will only help if he's scum.
Let's go back to the situation where SSK is the lurker townie. Do you really want to lynch him for lurking and sacrifice at the same town a pro-town player?

You should only lynch the players that you see as scum, not unhelpful but possible pro-town players. I hope you can see now, why I wrote that post where you FoS'ed me for.
Mainly because it presupposes that MafiaSSK is pro-town. And because there are too many hypotheticals involved. There really shouldn't be any reason for ZazieR to defend SSK. Unless it was out of the goodness of Zazie's heart. But no-one is truly virtuous enough to defend SSK.
First of all, SSK was at L-2 at a sudden point. Most of them were based upon him lurking in games. However, we have no clue at this point who could be town and who could be scum. Like I said in my quote, you should only lynch those who appear scummy to you. If you vote him, then I want solid reasons for it. Lurking, is not one of them to me. You can always ask questions to him to get him into this game.

SpamWise, what do you think of SSK based upon what he has said in this game?
Ignore the ''R''
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:26 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Darox wrote:Gecko is the #2 suspect in my rundown of the SSK wagon. I can dig this wagon.

Unvote, Vote thegeckoj
Why is he your #2 suspect and why are you voting him instead of your #1 suspect.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:03 am

Post by retrowiz »

ok...what exactly does "meta" mean?
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Doktor Per »

Definition: self-referential; referring to itself or its characteristics, esp. as a parody; about
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:04 am

Post by armlx »

ok...what exactly does "meta" mean?
Meta is the usual state of a person's game play.
thegeckoj
thegeckoj
Goon
thegeckoj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:22 am

Post by thegeckoj »

armlx wrote:B/c retro's meta implies this is the norm for him.
i still dont understand the vote for me. i voted for MafiaSSK because he was lurking and because i dont like the way he tend to play games. plus he hadnt updated his current games list which lead me to believe he was conflicted about his role and didnt know how to put it down. just because other people had voted him earlier doesnt make me scum just means people are on the same page.

i never voted retro or said anything about his meta, so i dont understand why that makes any difference.

in the few games i have played people who get a band wagon on them early then drop out tend to be scum, if they werent they usually fight a bit harder. i still believe strongly for MafiaSSK to be scum. this is my reason not his namesake. right now i am not entirely sure who is on the 'wagon' for MafiaSSK as we havent had a vote count in awhile.

frankly i find Darox's vote of myself to opportune and see his trying to start a bandwagon on me, his '2nd choice.'
Darox: are you just going for your 2nd choice as opposed to your first because i am seem to be an easier target and you just want a quick lynch to end day one? this is really scummy if you ask me, but i still feel more strongly about MafiaSSK and his abandonment of the game just when the screws were getting turned to him.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Darox »

Sineish is the person I found most suspicious out of the SSK wagon, but you are giving an interesting response to the votes upon you, and you were the person I found most suspicious after Sineish. Of course I want a bandwagon to start on you.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”