Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:07 am

Post by Ariane »

Admitting I did not read carefully through the whole mechanics thing.

But Auro () and Nancy ([post 70]) are you really advocating that any of us who get the sword should try to vig? The worst case scenario is 3 town dead by D2 (one lunched, one NKd, and one dead not-Arthur)—and tbh it's not actually that unlikely. Unless we're super super confident in not only getting one scum, but two, at the least there'll be two town dead. this is weird
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:23 am

Post by Ariane »

confused—was that link meant to go somewhere else? It's just to post 70 as far as I can see

ok good.

So I don't like Nancy. She's very agreeable. by which I mean she spends more time agreeing than posting her own thoughts, that's how it seems to me. It's all "Yeah, I was thinking that too" () "Yeah, that's a great idea" () "Yeah, Merlin hunting serves no purpose" () "Because he's obviously right" ()

NB I have just seen going thru Nancy's ISO that she in fact addresses my question above ()—I know I've quoted a lot of posts here, sorry—not sure how to feel about this one cos she seemed to be for it earlier then switched without discussion, but then again I could've missed sth

Anyway you get the idea. It's a feeling I had when reading, and although she disagrees with Auro at times, the early pages she's like agreeing with everyone (else) and when her own stuff's there it's adjacent, if that makes sense

I cannot figure out how to do a hurt
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:24 am

Post by Ariane »

also weirdly insistent about how *exactly* to challenge which seems strange I dunno
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:31 am

Post by Ariane »

also handing out town reads like candy except for the following:
In post 336, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 327, SirCakez wrote:Lol on that note Dunn if fire, lld or ut is Merlin then literally the entire last 15 pages were for nothing
Yeah, probably liking their posts the least rn.
do you mean cakes' or one of the ones he mentioned?

PEdit:

HURT: Nancy

Probably both town. DV strikes me as legit trying to solve the game, tho I don't like what I read of the strat. V's idea is like 'I'm throwing my hands up in the air enough with mechanics' and I reckon there's town emotions in there, reads honest to me
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:34 am

Post by Ariane »

Is this the grind or the break?
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 am

Post by Ariane »

In post 47, Auro wrote:
In post 42, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 39, Auro wrote:Throwing out a thought:
If scum claims Excalibur, they die immediately.
Town can vote on someone to claim Excalibur for the day. ONLY that person claims at night. If they're scum it remains unclaimed, lynch next day. If there's a claim treat them like an IC the next day.
Sure. Give me Excalibur.
Town should probably vote for a consensus scumread to claim Excalibur, for maximum benefit. If they're scum they can't claim and we get a confirmation in the night. If they're not scum and claim we know they're IC -- they're gonna either contribute the next day and kill themselves, or Merlin confirms they're Arthur and we move on.
Aw man why are you asking me to properly consider mechanics posts :(

well there's losing two conftown N2 and N3 which might not be ideal, I think someone already said that, and also losing the vig. But I think probably that the vig is kind of like a shiny distraction and following it too obsessively will lead to a loss (eg like said above, worst-case scenario) 3 town dead by D2

tbh I think I might also be more instinctively inclined to it cos it lets us get down to playing mafia after 13 pages of mostly mechanics lol. Like I knew going in there'd be discussion but also a balance to be had here
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:56 am

Post by Ariane »

^sorry zombie quote
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Ariane »

sorry for lack of activity, just a heads up I'll read thru and post tonight, like in 6/7 hrs
Ariane
Ariane
Goon
Ariane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:54 pm

Post by Ariane »

Hey all, I'm really really sorry but I'm requesting replacement, had no idea how quickly large games went and there's a significant chance I won't be able to keep up/catch back up. Wanted to bail now rather than when it was even longer for the sake of replacements. Sorry again :( and good luck!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”