False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5270 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5190, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I still don’t understand how Varsoon is terran Duran, when Mitilos was his alias.
@Krazy, you’ve got some “splaing” to do.
Because there were two Durans in the game, exactly as they said.

And Narud is not Duran; Narud is Narud.

Your assumption of Narud being Duran was just that, your assumption.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5271 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5223, the worst wrote:would be interested to hear mastina's take. I kinda wonder if it's closer to 40/30/30
I wouldn't have passed the setup if I didn't stand by it being balanced--swingy as fuck, yes, but given it was pseudo-multiball, that was going to be a given. Town could have fucked the scum over, and scum could have fucked the scum over--and almost did! You almost were killed by Performer N3, which would have eliminated the deepscum and meant that Varsoon would out some VERY condemning info which would have nigh-conftowned him.

Had that happened, both groupscum go down fast, Mitillos as the witch is POE'd pretty quickly, and when the game's still going after that it doesn't take long to figure out you're hunting for a 3p (thus, players that previously looked town by virtue of not being groupscum, i.e., Shoshin, would again be under revision).

I don't think that the setup is 50:25:25 town:scum:arsonist, but 33:33:33 town:scum:arsonist is more in the zone of where I'd put it, and that is an acceptable definition of balanced...just a significantly swingy-as-fuck definition of it.

Swingy, but balanced, passes any review I'd make.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5386 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:25 am

Post by mastina »

In post 5279, Nauci wrote:
In post 5271, mastina wrote:swingy as fuck, yes, but given it was pseudo-multiball, that was going to be a given
I think that the roles in the setup are mostly fine

but to me, the issue is that anti-town roles had enormous amounts of setup information, while the vast majority of town roles did not? I guess I should have assumed fuckery was at foot just because of how precise the explanation of my cop results were, but for some reason I just didn't think it was reasonable to think things were this fucky. Maybe that's just me though.
Uh.
Town had both Varsoon and Nancy? Plus TWO investigatives? The modifier cop was essentially a rolecop, capable of catching almost all of the antitown, whose claims wouldn't match their results.
Plus a full cop.

Scum had a rolecop, but think of what roles would be caught by the town's equivalent. Not to mention, how it had a full inno result that was discarded.
Mewtawp TOLD the town that Kokichi had a town modifier. After lynching Mew, this was utterly discarded, but was an important detail I feel most players are forgetting.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”