jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:15 pm

Post by jadesmar »

I just noticed the deadline and am still not even a quarter done reading this thread.

Can this deadline be extended so that the replacements can do something useful with their vote?
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:26 am

Post by jadesmar »

Can someone tell me if any role claims have been made to this point?

For now:
FOS: BlueSin
Unless someone can tell me a reason to not vote for BlueSin, I think I will put a vote here.

(If you would like a reason, here is post 90.)
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:49 am

Post by jadesmar »

Ok, just to recap.

In post 90, BlueSin called for an cop investigation of a player we now know to be a mafia godfather.

Later, BlueSin revealed that he had a one-shot ability to investigate and send the result to a player of his choice (bonus ability?)

This was used on the mafia godfather and mlaker received a guilty result (on the mafia godfather). mlaker later died confirming that this is true information.

So now.

It is my contention that BlueSin was hoping that since Fuldu was the mafia godfather, the result - to innocent mlaker, would be that Fuldu was innocent. Unless godfather means something else on this board, BlueSin may assumed Fuldu to be immune to investigation.

I have read the first post and it seems to imply that the mafia are trying to collect powers by killing off the townspeople. Has any more information been revealed on this? Could BlueSin's investigation ability be the result of the mafia killing off one of the townspeople?

vote: BlueSin
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:03 am

Post by jadesmar »

korais666 wrote:Also, I'm going to be away this weekend (Friday night until mid-day Sunday) so I'm
not
going to set a deadline for Monday, August 23, 9:00 PM ET
Oh, I misread this, I thought there was a deadline. Please ignore my request to extend the non-existant deadline.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:07 am

Post by jadesmar »

Ok, I was hoping for a little more reaction from post 281.

*kicks town*
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:59 pm

Post by jadesmar »

the silent speaker wrote:But why not simply name a random person, if that's what BlueSin was doing?
Can you tell me what this question means?
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:31 pm

Post by jadesmar »

This sucks.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:34 am

Post by jadesmar »

Ok,.. lynch BlueSin.

I think we are going to need at least 6 different people playing this game at generally the same time in order to get a lynch.

This might not happen :(
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:56 am

Post by jadesmar »

BlueSin: Yes, I am saying you knew that Fuldu was the godfather because you are a part of his mafia group.

It was post 90, before that whole fuss about one-shot investigation, that places you as scum.

Before you made all this fuss about being a one shot investigator. You called for an cop investigation on a mafia godfather.

Your plan as mafia, seems to be as follows:
1. Place the idea that a cop should investigate the godfather. If a cop comes out later and FULDU is shown as innocent, the mafia have a greater chance of surviving.
2. Later you realized that your mafia group had some investigation powers (that they possiibly stole from townies killed earlier) and decided that you could get away without risking Fuldu being lynched at all. This backfired.

My point was that because godfathers are generally known to be immune to investigation, you hoped to plant the idea with the town that Fuldu was innocent. The fact that this backfired does not make you less suspicious for trying it.

Anyhow, that's my theory and I'm sticking with it. Typos, bad grammar, possible missing sentences, notwithstanding.

By the way:

From your last post, I don't know what to make of these sentences:

1. "I just feel he is scummy, but scum and godfather is hard to differ by posts.... "
and
2. "fuldu is not being suspicicous that time, and why don't i choose someone 100% town to spy on if i am scum, i should knew"

I am also slightly more suspicious of MMCL for wanting to abandon the whole line of questioning based on one poorly worded, mostly cryptic post by BlueSin. My vote has very little to do with lynching the lurkers and more with lynching the potential scum.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:26 pm

Post by jadesmar »

MMCL: I respect that, I still reserve the right to ask for clarification of points which I feel contradict each other. I mean no disrespect to BlueSin by asking for this.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:37 pm

Post by jadesmar »

willows_weep wrote:K...
The BlueSin issue:
He claimed a one time ability. Out of all the people who agreed to recieve the info he chose Mlaker. Sent Mlaker a note that said Fuldu was not innocent. Mlaker confirmed this. Fuldu is lynched and found to be GF of Team Rocket(btw why not rattata and or persian? Dunno this sounds like a mix of Inspector Gadget and Pokemon with a dash of Fist of The North Star).

Mlaker was found to be an innocent.
So unless BlueSin is a member of the mafia that isnt Team Rocket and was suspicious of Fuldu being a part of the mafia he is trying to kill off I see no reason to suspect evil from BlueSins course of action there.
I think you are missing the fact that Fuldu was the
godfather
, if BlueSin knew that Fuldu was the godfather, he would have reason to assume that the investigation results would show Fuldu innocent. I still content that this was why BlueSin called for the cop investigation in the first place. I have seldom, if ever, seen a townie call for the cop investigation of anyone, let alone someone who later turned out to be the mafia godfather.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:55 am

Post by jadesmar »

willows_weep wrote: Anyway, what is so great about the GF anyway.
Depending on your point of view and your mind set during game play things change. Sure sometimes the GF is shown innocent and sometimes its a night kill immunity, or sometimes its something else special.
Lol, perhaps it's just me thinking 'well all you do that is different sort of is that you send in the night kill right? Well...when you die...anyone can do it.'
Thats like the basic jist of the gf right? And you don't even have to give them anything more than that. Mods discretion...

Yuppers, Jadesmar. It is usually a sketchy situation when anyone calls for a cop investigation. Though...someone else called for one on themselves right? I remember reading that somewhere.
People who call for cop investigations of themselves are generally godfathers and immune to investigation.

Extending this notion, people who call for investigations of mafia godfathers will very possibly be mafia counting on investigation immunity.

From the wiki:
Godfather
Read the third sentence.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:44 am

Post by jadesmar »

Please tell me what is wrong with my argument.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:16 pm

Post by jadesmar »

I'm sorry if I mislead anyone. The argument I am referring to is the logical arguement in these two paragraphs.
jadesmar wrote:It is my contention that BlueSin was hoping that since Fuldu was the mafia godfather, the result - to innocent mlaker, would be that Fuldu was innocent. Unless godfather means something else on this board, BlueSin may assumed Fuldu to be immune to investigation.

I have read the first post and it seems to imply that the mafia are trying to collect powers by killing off the townspeople. Has any more information been revealed on this? Could BlueSin's investigation ability be the result of the mafia killing off one of the townspeople?
Unless someone points out a flaw in this logic, I am going to stick with my vote, and attempt to explain this logical argument to anyone who contests it.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:44 am

Post by jadesmar »

TSS: Fair enough,

I have no idea what the sheep message means and it seems to me that your logic is also presuming itself. But, whatever.

My vote stands.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:59 am

Post by jadesmar »

the silent speaker wrote:I am very heartened by the fact that nobody leaped onto my Jadesmar wagon with rapid bandwagon-accelerating agreement
Just about as fast as my BlueSin bandwagon didn't happen, Eh?
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:01 am

Post by jadesmar »

unvote: BlueSin

That went nowhere.

Why are we lynching Someone?
Ah, since he is going to be modkilled anyhow and the masons get the bonus this way.

vote: Someone
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:39 pm

Post by jadesmar »

MMCL: Can you please post all your messages in one place, or, if you have done so already, please let me know which post. Thanks.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:14 pm

Post by jadesmar »

vote: BlueSin
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:55 pm

Post by jadesmar »

Welcome pookythemagicalbear. Dude, I hope you use the auto-login feature.. it's kind of irritating to type pookythemagicalbear.. ah, crap I've typed it again.

What do you prefer pook, ptmb, pooky, (insert your choice here), bearmage, etc.?
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:28 pm

Post by jadesmar »

Sorry, PeaceBringer, apparently you were correct, my theory was crap. (Luckily, I had my instinct to back it up. :))

I am going to go read the thread a few times before voting, but the "obviously innocent" comment by TSS also caught my eye yesterday, as does his new "little white lie" comment.
FOS: the silent speaker
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:46 pm

Post by jadesmar »

After several days of not reviewing the thread, you may be able to see how "almost certainly innocent" has corrupted itself in my mind to "obviously innocent".

If not, well, that's your problem.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:00 am

Post by jadesmar »

Quailman, can you summarize your results for us. In light of several of the mafia being dead, have you been able to verify any innocent people?
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:31 am

Post by jadesmar »

I am comfortable with the bandwagon on TSS and would add a vote, if it would not be a fatal one.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:40 am

Post by jadesmar »

the silent speaker wrote:I picked mlaker the night he died, and siphoned his bonus, a one-shot investigation, from the mafia. I used it on BlueSin. He turned up innocent, probably because he was the godfather, and now you know the rest of why I was so sure about him.
This is inconsistant with the one-shot investigation performed by BlueSin.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:16 am

Post by jadesmar »

PeaceBringer wrote:Umm do you think Blue Sin actually investigated anyone now that he came up mafia. I don't. I think they may have been allowed to send someone an PM via a bonus or something of that nature.
This leads to the question, "What would have happened had BlueSin sent a message to mlaker saying that Fuldu was guilty when in fact, Fuldu was innocent?"

I think that may be too risky a move for a mafia godfather to make. Hence, in turn, I think that there was probably some grain of truth to the investigation.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:20 pm

Post by jadesmar »

Pooky, if one was mafia and one was a doc, Quailman would be giving the mafia a free doctor kill.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #28) » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:55 am

Post by jadesmar »

vote: TSS

I am the doctor.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:42 am

Post by jadesmar »

Townies don't ask for police investigations. People who talk about police investigations are police, mafia and godfathers.

Please post the full list of bonuses and roles.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”