Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:07 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Since we don't really have any time to mess about, I'm going to start this game by saying that I'm one of the townies.

The other townie should check in with me. We are not going to win this game without trying to make a connection (I have a plan for this).
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 pm

I realize that calling it a plan might be a bit of an exaggeration.

But I also don't think the other townie's posted yet.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:59 am

In post 26, JackODiamonds wrote:Honestly I never trust anyone less than when they're saying "Hey, you should trust me". Anyone saying "I'm the only other person you can trust" right now is giving me personally a serious case of narrowed-eye Fry.
People didn't actually say that though, so nice try, but denied.

I think it's you, Klick. I believe.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:14 am

In post 52, Fenchurch wrote:Klick: It doesn’t seem like the correct play here to give my reads, as then scum know 1) whether it’s safe to lynch me, or 2) who to leave alive if scum get lynched.

Normally agreed best play in JoB is to lunch the second-most scummy person, but that seems way harder to identify within 12 players.
Spoiler: neither scum nor the second scummiest person is going to get lynched.

Klick, I really do think it's us two. That's all this game is about.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 pm

In post 57, Fenchurch wrote:Why not? What’s your plan?
It has nothing to do with me, I'm a townie, I have no influence over who's getting lynched.

Myko taking the second scummiest thing even slightly seriously is not a good look. No longer #2 on my list.

The other townie (hopefully you, Klick) should talk to me. We're about halfway through the grace period.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:03 am

In post 62, Klick wrote:
@CES:
Can you explain how you’ve decided I’m town? I’m having a hard time letting myself trust you here, but that’s mostly because I think you have what it takes to just repeat my name over and over until I’m on-board with your plan regardless of your alignment. At the same time, I’m starved for potential town and you’re still on the list.
I think the main thing is simply that you responded to my call to stand up and identify yourself to me. I felt like that would resonate with the other townie in the same way that it made sense to me. There's a good bit of PoE too, of course, since scum do help here enormously by scumming up the place; this partially ties back in to the first point again because I think the main way a bunch of people have been scummy is essentially that they don't seem afraid of getting vengekilled by the other townie - as a townie I've got the dual task of identifying the other townie and having them identify me within 72 hours and we'll probably just lose immediately if I don't succeed in that - I see that in you and not in anybody else.

A small part of it also was that I thought Primate's "galaxy brain" thing seemed unlikely to be intended to appeal to me which suggested that the other townie would be more appreciative of memes, but that's not really an angle I'd like to rely on.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:07 am

A lot of nonsense is being posted just to distract from the fact that it's just you and me, Klick.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #139 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:54 am

These 72 hours have felt longer than I was expecting.

I think the most relevant fact of the game right now is that a bunch of people have cast shade on me, but no one's said either "CESscum is trying to portray Klickscum as town" or "CESscum is trying to trick Klicktown; Klick, how do I convince you that I'm town?" - the scum is trying to make Klick paranoid of me.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:46 am

This game just feels weird now.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #151 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 am

Have you tried not being scum?

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #170 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:12 pm

That's not a vote I was expecting to see.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #178 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:39 am

I guess this is really happening.

Myko, I have 3 (or some other number) things to say to you:
1) Klick did look more townie than you. I just didn't feel any urgency coming from you.
2) I don't think my behaviour makes any sense coming from scum, both in terms of jumpstarting the game (I think correct scum play is have a not-overly-active 72 hours followed by a (preferably coordinated) quicklynch. The fact that neither has happened should give you some sign that I'm not scum. It doesn't make sense for me as scum to put myself out there at the start, jumpstart the game and then spend the game engaging with a scumbag (I guess the alternate explanation is Klicktown but then the scum would lynch Klick, surely).
3) My point to Klick that people were casting shade on me whilst not really thinking through what the situation was, is still valid, although I think now I see also partly as me being town and thus a natural focus point (whereas they felt less need to comment on Klick; they can't push Klicktown in a convincing way, but they can try to push CESscum on you)
4) the fact that CDB voted for you, I think, should also give you pause. I was definitely discounting him based on early play but his later play was definitely better - if he doesn't feel the need to pretend to be town, that means they think they've got better alternatives for you to mispick.

Myko, ik ben tussen een dorp en stad in.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #180 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 am

W.r.t. point 4), now Lianne too, don't screw this up, myko.

The goal of a townie in this setup is townhunting and convincing the other townie of their townieness and even if I got it wrong, I think you can definitely tell that I have been doing that and people like Fenchurch or Primate haven't really.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #200 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:31 am

In post 171, Fenchurch wrote:I kinda stopped updating these after page 4 or so - in the early game there is more to keep track of. I had Klick as most likely town based on how CES seemed to be fixated on convincing him, and based on his reaction to CES' question, although the fact he hasn't posted in 2 days now wasn't so good. Then I had Primate as my next pick because his feelings about the game most closely matched mine ('dread' at having to shoot correctly). Poro and Cpol went down to scum now for not being active at all. Jack has been active but I still thought was scum based on her consistently calling me scummy for no reason.
I would also point out that as per Fenchurch's reads, her claimed most likely scenario was essentially Klicktown being manipulated by the scum and she took no steps to remedy that - a hypothetical Fenchurch-Klick town would have surely lost with a Klicklynch (admittedly, there's some residual feeling here that if I were scum, I'd've taken more steps to assure a quicklynch rather than the current drawn-out procedure which gives us a second chance to connect).

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #205 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:50 am

In post 203, Fenchurch wrote:Also I'd like to point out that a bunch people have been throwing suspicion at me, but nobody has given reasons why, which is exactly what happens when the majority of players are scum and I end up getting mislynched (or mis-shot in this case).
I don't think that's been happening. Just had a look through searching for "Fen" and the only person throwing shade at you I found have been me, just now, and Poro, both of us explaining why.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #210 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:25 am

I actually worked backwards and stopped when I didn't find anything on page 4 (so Poro's #108 was also my last and he gives detailed reasons later.) At best we're talking 2 comments on page 3, when there's no reason to believe you'd be the designated mislynch (if I have to get myko or Fen mislynched, the obvious choicd is surely myko).

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #214 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:29 am

In post 212, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 81, Fenchurch wrote:It would be super bad if the other townie is Wenna.

Xtoxm, Kyrion, Poro, Nexus, Cpol. Of the people who have posted, you all have the least content which makes me feel able to reading you. In itself that could say a lot, but. If you're town, please make sure you do something about it in the next day before the deadline.
I actually also thought the possibility of Wenna being town was kinda funny, with me there in a pool of scum, just looking for the one town who didn't exist. But I also hoped that she understood the game enough to recognise the importance of participating if she was town, and that her lack of posts was just an indication that she was scum.

I called out this group because I felt like all their posts so far had been silly joke posts, which in the context of this game probably means scum, but coming from these players, there was a chance one of them would be playing that way as town (e.g. as in that wereleg game where Chris did a bunch of crazy stuff and used his commute).
I think the fact that you put more effort into addressing this possibility than getting a possible Klicktown on your side is fairly telling.
CES accusation is such a strange and stretchy one to make.
You say strange and sketchy, I say amazing if true.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #224 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:42 am

Huzzah!

Vote: Primate

Is there anything in particular we need to discuss, myko?

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #229 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 pm

I kind of assume it's obvious at this stage, so it's going to be anticlimactic regardless.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #233 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:12 am

In post 231, Primate wrote:The cerys/ces argument is presumably manufactured in an attempt to make ces look better when she dies. Maybe it's worth getting into fenchurches mind and asking if she genuinely expected to make it to endgame, and if she didn't, what she was trying to achieve. I probably wouldn't though, it's massive wifom from your pov and I'm only commenting on it for the sake of commenting on the last page.
She was trying to win the game, obviously. I think you can definitely tell she was putting in a good amount of effort and people aren't going to be motivated in a Jungle of Bullshit without a very clear incentive.
In post 231, Primate wrote:I've been thinking about the fact that we didn't have a speedlynch when the timer ran out, and the best explanation i can come up with is that because you and me,
we were both in a situation where we had a positive view of the other and were generally seen as town.
To me, standard scum play with quicklynches is agreeing on a set time. I don't see why that wouldn't've happened here if I'd been scum. The bolded line certainly isn't true, so that's not a potential reason why.
In post 232, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:Like if it was you and ces, they obviously run you up, even if you factor in them being slow via being disorganised.
Through most of the game, myko was more open to thinking that I was town than I was to him. I wouldn't say the myko was the obvious lynch at all.
In post 231, Primate wrote:Doing the gambit in the first place is generally pro-town, for sure, and i think it generally had a positive effect on the game, but it was kept up longer than was necessary, and picking a player like klick that's generally pretty stable is a bit of a dull choice.
I appreciate the assumption that I didn't actually think Klick was town but I did think Klick was the most likely townie for most of the game. What did you think of Klick anyway? Did you have him as a likely townie pre-mykovotes?

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #236 (isolation #20) » Wed May 01, 2019 5:48 am

In post 234, Primate wrote:As I say, it's Wifom and how much you believe her attacks against you were exagerrated. You've said before the correct play as town is to be townie, and that's doubly true in the situation she was in, appealing to the essentially confirmed, but she was attacking you and poro, attempting to paint you as scum.
I think there's been an inordinate focus on me all game and that's been one of the clearest signs that I am one of the townies.
In post 235, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:I think I'll try to reread one last time tonight and hammer then.
If you feel the need to reread anything, just go for Primate's iso up to #136 (i.e. pre-you-votes).

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am

I thought I was going to come home to either a victory or an opportunity to express disappointment in you, myko, and yet here I am with neither.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”