Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #117 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 4, Krazy wrote:Fuck not in the game with Alisae
This is how I feel, except with Dr Worm.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #118 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:06 am

In post 22, ofrhz wrote:Hi I’m ascetic

VOTE: krazy
Why'd you pick an ascetic role?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #119 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 am

In post 92, Xtoxm wrote:dr worm has very graciously given me the singleball game
Yeah, that's kinda what I expected :P I feel pretty much the same way, and ngl I did not realize there'd be a multiball game even though it's obvious in retrospect.

(But still... it's not every day you get to play mafia with a REAL WORM!!!)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #120 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 am

Also damn. When you guys started talking about the Star Wars movies I didn't think it was possible for the thread to be any more sidetracked.

Then you started talking about the Star Wars games :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #126 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:40 am

In post 122, Dr Easy Bake wrote:You might not like the “sidetracked” nature of this but it’s important. This is a Star Wars themed game and I take Star Wars very seriously. I will not give any other game content until I get an ordered list of the films from everyone. Or at least a mention of your thoughts on the franchise like X gave.
Dude I know you're here to have fun, and I respect that. But if you want to do nothing but talk about Star Wars, there's all of GD to do that.

For sure, I'm not AGAINST talking about Star Wars. I know that part of the fun of a theme game is bantering about the theme. But you have to also be playing the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #130 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:45 am

The problem with that, DEB, is that I don't reward bad behavior.

You're new, and you're clearly just starting to learn what's acceptable and what's unacceptable on the site.

I'll save you some time. This is unacceptable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #132 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:56 am

Asking a question's not unacceptable, it's refusing to participate in the game at all until everyone answers that's the problem.

Like I said, I'm all for playing to have fun. But what you're doing is REFUSING to play in order to have fun. Go ahead and ask the question, banter about Star Wars to your heart's content. I have no issue at all with it... as long as you are playing the game at the same time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:17 am

In post 133, Dr Easy Bake wrote:It’s D1, what else am I supposed to do?
Well, that's the eternal question of mafia, isn't it.

For sure, it can be possible to read into fluff posting. But I don't really think that's what you were trying to do, because you pretty clearly suggested that you'll get into more game-related content once you finish with this.

Sorry if you think I'm talking down to you, I admit that my tone was harsher than it needed to be. I certainly don't think any less of you as a person, but like I said, I don't think you've quite grasped the team element of mafia yet.

You signed up to play a game. You should be playing it, no ifs ands or buts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:20 am

In post 135, Dr Easy Bake wrote:In my experience on this site, if I don’t do something drastic people tend to ignore my questions. This whole thing is just wasting time. If everyone just gave me a list we could move on. It’s one post. I shouldn’t have to simultaneously “play the game” and get lists, because this shouldn’t take up much game time. Just put down your list and we can get back to your regularly scheduled programming.
But why waste the time at all? Just jump in and start playing. Try to get in people's heads, figure out how they might think as town or scum, ask probing questions.

Yeah, there's a phase at the beginning of the game where there is no information. But the way we get out of that phase is just by trying to create information. That attempt, in itself, creates information.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:28 am

In post 145, Xtoxm wrote:how dare we have fun whilst playing a game right? fuck us.
it's page 6 of a star wars themed game, theres going to be some star wars discussion.
lighten up
Despite my best efforts to be clear, you misunderstand me. I have no issue with Star Wars discussion. I have issue with him holding it over everyone's head like a carrot on a stick.

Also, DEB, this discussion IS game-related. It's not a waste of time. In addition to hopefully helping you become a better player (and maybe helping me become more tolerant as well), it should be producing content off which we both can be read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #157 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 am

In post 151, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Here we go again. Why do you just assume I’m a bad player? Is it just because I don’t conform to the way you think Mafia should be played? There’s more than one way to skin a cat.
Sure, there are definitely a lot of different ways to play. But not all of them are equally effective.

Because you're a new player, you're not necessarily bad. But you are necessarily inexperienced, and part of gaining experience is learning which playstyles are effective and which are not. In my experience, the way you're playing has not proven to be effective.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #159 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 am

In post 153, Xtoxm wrote:i'll claim this now.
i'm informed town.
it's fairly cryptic, but its basically in the future, there is fire and ice.
we (being me and worm) think it's a reference to this setup https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Fire_and_Ice possibly in relation to the episode 2 multiball game. so there it folks, maybe someone can get use out of it.
Could be a hint about the third game as well. Though, I hope that one isn't also multiball.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 am

There hasn't been a multiball Boon game in a while. BTE = BoonyToonz Extravaganza which was singleball, and also you weren't in it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #164 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 am

The only multiball Boon game I've played in was Boon Island (BTVI)... and it was a shitshow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #165 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:55 am

By the way DEB, and I don't want to get into this much, but if you don't like VT you're gonna have a hard time on this site. Role madness games are somewhat rare and they're often less strategic and less balanced. If you only play them you'll never learn to scumhunt.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #168 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:04 am

Well, with that attitude you're never going to improve.

But I'll stay out of your business, if you firmly insist this is the best you can possibly be.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #173 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:15 am

Sure.

Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Return of the Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
The Last Jedi
Attack of the Clones
The Force Awakens

I haven't seen many of them in years, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #175 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:20 am

Correct.

And it's actually a really shitty list, I don't remember a lot of the details so I'm mostly just going off of plot.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #198 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:53 am

No offense to Xtoxm, you are awesome, but there is a reason I wanted to be in Dr Worm's game :lol:

That was easily the best thing I've seen all day.

All week.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #208 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 am

In post 203, Krazy wrote:I can see sc1 has left some scars :P

also vt is best role. Ahh the pleasure of being n1'd for reads/being too obvtown
Sc1? If that refers to Starcraft 1, I wasn't in that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #209 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 am

In post 207, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Well, I can be a weird fella
I mean, you clearly have an overinflated ego. It does explain why you're friends with Boon.

oww
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #211 (isolation #21) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:07 am

In post 209, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 207, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Well, I can be a weird fella
I mean, you clearly have an overinflated ego. It does explain why you're friends with Boon.

oww
<3
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #224 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 am

Plot twist: for every list completed he gains a boost to the delusion that other players are monkeys that he can make dance for his amusement.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #365 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:23 am

Joan. Claim the exact name of your role.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #372 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 am

Of course not, does she look like Roger of Arc? :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #391 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 am

In post 388, Creature wrote:Is that a real question?
Yeah it was a real question. He said he wanted to be in this game to avoid the "unique mechanic."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #394 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:38 am

DEB, do you believe Joan's claim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #406 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:01 am

In post 397, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 394, Something_Smart wrote:DEB, do you believe Joan's claim?
Not one bit, Krazy really made it clear in this post I feel:
In post 309, Krazy wrote:Like, she's not an idiot. She can read a role card. She was softing something that was NOT friendly neighbor, realized if she kept softing that bullshit she was going to get lynched, and literally just changed claims.
The only thing Krazy made clear in that post was his confirmation bias. That post provides an explanation for her actions (and not a very GOOD one, because I think she's been around the block a few times when it comes to softing), but it doesn't provide any reason why that explanation is more likely than an alternative.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #408 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:17 am

Yeah, it does. I have seen scum claim friendly neighbor to get out of a D1 lynch, too. And-- spoiler alert-- it didn't work out very well for him. And he was at L-1 with intent, way more pressure than Joan was under.

The thing is, Joan started softing reflexive before she was under any pressure at all. That makes me think that the reflexive part, at least, is true. Now that makes me wonder what scum reflexive role she'd soft as, because there probably aren't many.

As for the reflexive friendly neighbor, well, that's something that's EXTREMELY easy to verify. Much easier than a regular friendly neighbor, because she can't hide behind "oh I targeted the guy who died."

And finally, she was dodgy about her claim, but I don't really understand the perception that she "changed" it. She claimed reflexive, then she claimed friendly neighbor, then she claimed reflexive friendly neighbor. She only clarified it, never changed it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #409 (isolation #29) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:19 am

The thing about distrusting the easy way out is that sometimes it's true. It's right to be skeptical of it-- but skeptics seek verification, they don't automatically assume something's false because it doesn't feel right.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #411 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:40 am

Perfect! We know exactly who you can target now :P

Is there a reason for the two of you to not claim your flavor?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #414 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 am

Boon has banned PGO, that role sounds like something on the same level, so I seriously doubt he'd put that in.

Probably your visitor is meant to interact with reflexive roles, like Joan's.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #426 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:00 am

This game's not multiball. The other one is.

You people should read the OP's.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #448 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:00 am

Pardon the angleshot, but Chara's town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #450 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:08 am

In post 449, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 448, Something_Smart wrote:Pardon the angleshot, but Chara's town.
You’ve come to that conclusion with only one post to work off of?
Technically, yes, but not the post you're probably thinking of.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #453 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:27 am

I'm actually not crumbing lol, just wanted to see if anyone else would see what I was referring to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #454 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 am

Look at post 487 in the other game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #457 (isolation #37) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:57 am

I don't see why A50 would lie about something like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #465 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 am

In post 462, Frozen Angel wrote:about almost and chara how is them being same character in flavor has any meaning regarding alignment
Because what he said was wrong. I asked and it was random which Ep. 1 roles were paired with which Ep. 2 roles, which means that it's highly unlikely that the same scum character in both games will have the same fakeclaim in both games. But they would have to, because A50 would never say that if they had the same scum character with different fakeclaims-- they'd be outed upon claiming.

So therefore, Occam's razor says that they most likely have the same town character in both games.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #528 (isolation #39) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 am

I mean, uh, don't fake confirm a friendly neighbor as a rule of thumb.

There are a lot of people in this game and Joan isn't even scummy, I don't see why we can't give her multiple nights if necessary.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #565 (isolation #40) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Not as dead as Myers-Briggs is.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #610 (isolation #41) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:51 am

Zulfy, if your flavor's not from the movie, then what is it from?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #614 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:20 am

Okay, I think it's just a misunderstanding then. Boon might very well have created a few variant roles that were named after movie things, but for the most part when people say their "role is from the movie" they mean their flavor character. I think the Han thing was just a poorly executed joke.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #706 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 am

In post 694, Xtoxm wrote:deb, you were exempted from my d1 pool bc i liked your star wars analysis and i dont like going for the loudest player on d1
but if you keep rolefishing you can go
This is the same shit you pulled in Last Night Tomorrow, you're conflating genuine interest in mechanics with rolefishing.

There are plenty of reasons to ask about roles, as both alignments, that are not rolefishing-- it's only rolefishing if the information gained directly helps scum in a specific way. I was scum in LNT and you were still wrong in saying I was rolefishing when asking for a weak investigative claim.

DEB is confused because he doesn't know the difference between friendly neighbor and neighbor. He's asking for a clarification on what's already been stated. That isn't rolefishing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #710 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:40 am

I wasn't rolefishing though. If your argument is "scum ask people about their roles relatively more frequently than town" then yes, what I did there would serve as evidence, but you'd need a lot more than one data point before that claim is compelling.

But if your argument is "asking people about their roles is relatively more likely to be scum rolefishing" then no, it isn't evidence, because I wasn't scum rolefishing there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #761 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:14 pm

In post 757, Creature wrote:I forgot Something_Smart was in the game. NAGL.
I forgot you were in the game :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #791 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 am

In post 784, Dr Easy Bake wrote::( I’ll never be a part of this whole “whew I got page top!” thing because I sort my posts in the other direction, newest first.
This explains why your posts always read as though your brain is hopelessly muddled :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #793 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:54 am

I'm just messing with you :P

Reading posts newest first seems totally backwards to me and it seems like a great way to keep yourself from understanding the thread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #805 (isolation #48) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:19 am

V/LA until Sunday
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #806 (isolation #49) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:45 am

RCE, do you like being scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #807 (isolation #50) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am

Also to RCE, did you and Ausuka decide your games before you got your role PM's?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #809 (isolation #51) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:41 am

Was that before or after role PM's were given?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #811 (isolation #52) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:49 am

Aight thanks.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #817 (isolation #53) » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:35 am

Do you want anything from me before I go? You have about an hour.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #867 (isolation #54) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:17 am

It is allowed to give thoughts to your partner and have them post them, though they need to be paraphrased. This is based off of Team Mafia where it wasn't legal to talk directly about the other games at all, but you could still share what your teammates thought about your game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #925 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:57 am

In post 914, Creature wrote:VOTE: Xtoxm
What do you think about his claim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #927 (isolation #56) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:59 am

In post 153, Xtoxm wrote:i'll claim this now.
i'm informed town.
it's fairly cryptic, but its basically in the future, there is fire and ice.
we (being me and worm) think it's a reference to this setup https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Fire_and_Ice possibly in relation to the episode 2 multiball game. so there it folks, maybe someone can get use out of it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #933 (isolation #57) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:16 am

You say while voting the guy who has not once in three and a half years onsite been easier to read under pressure.

If I'm not playing, it's because I'm disengaged. Is there something you want to talk about?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #955 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:19 am

Creature complained that I wasn't doing anything, and then when I asked what he wanted to talk to me about, he didn't answer.

Doesn't make him not town, but that's a questionable vote to be sheeping.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #958 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:22 am

Is that really scum indicative though? Like, he's assuming responsibility for it. If he were scum couldn't he just sit on it and let someone else get blamed for it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #959 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:23 am

Interestingly, I was just about to say that that logic doesn't apply if he's bussing, although I doubt Krazy is that bus-happy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #960 (isolation #61) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:25 am

Most of my townreads are not voting ;-;
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #962 (isolation #62) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:26 am

I'm expecting it to pick up tomorrow.

Zulfy should probably claim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #964 (isolation #63) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:28 am

Yeah, although I noticed after I said that that Chara is voting now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #966 (isolation #64) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:55 am

That tell really isn't as accurate anymore.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #969 (isolation #65) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:59 am

I mean, you could also make the simpler argument that Creature probably wouldn't pick scum unless forced to.

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but I think your black and white reasoning is pretty shallow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #980 (isolation #66) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:18 am

In post 974, Vorkuta wrote:Can we do the best with what we have BEFORE our attention has to be split between... everything?
Only if we actually have stuff to talk about.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #985 (isolation #67) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:25 am

Hold the phone.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #986 (isolation #68) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:25 am

Why not let him claim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #990 (isolation #69) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:28 am

I believe in second chances.

I really want to see his claim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #992 (isolation #70) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:32 am

@Someone who's voting Zulfy: PLEASE unvote. I have a very strong and specific reason for wanting this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #994 (isolation #71) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:34 am

It has to do with his claim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1009 (isolation #72) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:44 am

He's Dr Easy Bake. He doesn't have time to consider the wishes of others.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1012 (isolation #73) » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:48 am

Probably better to have no opinion at all than to have one based on shallow reasoning and insist that it's rock-solid. But as long as you recognize it, it's okay.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1035 (isolation #74) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am

DEB, as much as I am honored to be quoted in your signature, it can't reference ongoing games. You should remove that for now and add it back after the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1040 (isolation #75) » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:48 am

In post 1036, Dr Easy Bake wrote:I mean, the quote itself without context is just about me and has nothing to do with the game, is it really that bad? The link doesn't take you to this game or anything. I wouldn't be that dumb or boring.
You're right that it is harmless in this case. However, Chara's also right that the "don't discuss ongoing games" rule is one you should very much stay on the safe side of.

I'd ask a listmod if I were you, they can give you a definitive answer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1074 (isolation #76) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:16 am

In post 1047, Krazy wrote:OK, well Joan claims to have done an FN thing but it wasn't FA so if someone received a FN message from Joan can they share that with the town?
Indeed I shall!

Joan is confirmed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1085 (isolation #77) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:13 am

In post 1080, Xtoxm wrote:anyone who thinks a traitor spends the entire day voting scum has mental deficiencies
zulfys actions make me an ic
No, because Zulfy only knew one of his partners. You could be one he didn't know.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1143 (isolation #78) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:19 am

FA should target DEB and Krazy tonight.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1150 (isolation #79) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:18 am

To be fair, if your power had no false positives, it would be broken as shit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1195 (isolation #80) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:52 am

In post 1161, Creature wrote:
In post 1048, Frozen Angel wrote:That being said I like to announce a Town group of JoA
???
She's a friendly neighbor :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1232 (isolation #81) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:14 am

I, uh, may have told him not to? :shifty:

I was trying to avoid giving info away to scum but at this point town needs that info and scum really don't care about it that much.

I hooded him. I wish I'd known there was a PT cop, I wouldn't have targeted someone for interrogation purposes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1235 (isolation #82) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:34 am

Yeah. She can confirm that I told her about targeting Vorkuta before FA claimed, so this isn't some bullshit partner play.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1239 (isolation #83) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:42 am

In post 1236, Krazy wrote:Ss you are not compulsive?
No I'm not compulsive. I'll make sure not to target anyone we might want to check, unfortunately I myself am already not a valid check.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1248 (isolation #84) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:51 am

In post 1240, Bins wrote:
In post 992, Something_Smart wrote:
@Someone who's voting Zulfy: PLEASE unvote. I have a very strong and specific reason for wanting this.
you ever gonna explain this
Oh sure.

Refusing to claim when the figurative noose is around your neck is extremely towny. So if he had come in and, under intense pressure, still refused to claim anything, I would have wanted people to back off of him.

Although, obviously, I couldn't say that at the time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1249 (isolation #85) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:53 am

Wait, can't DEB just target ofrhz? It will fail, and then he'll be a valid check, right? I think if your hood action fails the hood never gets created.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1250 (isolation #86) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:54 am

In post 1246, Xtoxm wrote:deb can do joan, or he could even do ofrhz as well and we could have FA scan him
Yeah I see this now. That seems like clearly the best option, although I am slightly biased from Joan already being confirmed FMPOV.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1254 (isolation #87) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:05 am

In post 1251, Xtoxm wrote:so thats 3 diff neighboriser claims? i find it to be unlikely these are all town
Just me and DEB. Bins and Joan are just regular neighbors.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1256 (isolation #88) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:08 am

Oh, I told Vork to claim hooded. I just didn't want to out that I was the neighborizer, if I didn't have to :P

I very much prefer to keep my cards close to my chest if at all possible. Especially in the case where Vork, Joan, and Bins all already knew my role and could vouch for it later if people were really doubtful.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1258 (isolation #89) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:10 am

What's mechanically dubious about it? We talked about PT copping DEB and as a result he claimed a role that it's impossible to get a good PT cop result on. If we could find a way to make that work, would it not be worth our while?

Pedit: if I was discussed as a possible check, then yeah, but I hadn't been and I didn't think I would be necessarily be.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1260 (isolation #90) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:12 am

Any information I neglect to share now I can always choose to share later, but I can't change my mind and take something back once it's been claimed. So I'm very much a "need-to-know basis" kind of player in that regard.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1263 (isolation #91) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:14 am

In post 1259, Krazy wrote:Hmm

Mostly cause I think town you knows a fn double checked is way better than an ascetic check since one tells us an alignment and the other doesn't. I know fypov joan is already confirmed but even so... Meh
The point of sending DEB to ofrhz isn't to confirm ascetic. It's so FA can check DEB.

And statistically speaking, it's likely scum will kill me or Joan before LYLO, so the double friendly neighbor confirm really isn't worth that much. Especially from my point of view because I already know it's legit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1266 (isolation #92) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:18 am

In post 1261, Krazy wrote:what's the result of your vork pt discussion?
He was V/LA for a while so not much. He seems to trust me a lot for reasons I don't really understand (to the best of my knowledge, he's just assuming I'm town because he's screwed anyway if I'm scum and can manipulate him in a hood), and he's also claimed to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1267 (isolation #93) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:19 am

In post 1264, Krazy wrote:Deb targets ofrhz tonight, fa does deb tonight, deb does joan tomorrow night, ez
DEB is only one-shot, unfortunately.

How scared are you actually of a me/Joan team?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1276 (isolation #94) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:16 am

Would Boon really be so cruel as to have three traitors and make it 10:5?

(Okay, he totally would.)

But regardless, we don't need to lynch traitors to win. So the innos are pretty good, at least for now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1277 (isolation #95) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:17 am

In post 1275, Dr Easy Bake wrote:I don't like the hood claim even though I'm inclined to believe SS.
I mean the hood is incontrovertible; Joan can confirm I'm a neighborizer and I claimed my target on Vork at the beginning of the day.

Now, that doesn't make him town, of course.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1280 (isolation #96) » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:30 am

I'm split, obviously (because I targeted multiple players last night), and I'm X-shot. That's it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1311 (isolation #97) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:45 am

I'd rather just holster tbh.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1362 (isolation #98) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Oops.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1392 (isolation #99) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:08 am

In post 1374, Krazy wrote:feel like as a neighborizor usually I would target people I townread strongly and think I can solve with so yeah, idk
Well, so I intended to use it for sorting. Actually, initially my plan was to do a gambit where I claimed traitor and that I knew my hoodmate was mafia and tried to get them to admit being scum, but uh, then two traitors flipped. :shifty: So I was initially going to run that gambit on Vork but I figured after the RCE flip he would never buy it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1393 (isolation #100) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:09 am

Hood has been completely dead though...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1415 (isolation #101) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 am

Ripski.

I will be saving my last shot until we get a scumflip, since there are hopefully only two scum left.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1417 (isolation #102) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:18 am

Nah, I only had one left to begin with. I didn't act.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1427 (isolation #103) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:46 am

Watchers don't normally see themselves.

I really don't see why FA would check Titus and Joan, two people she already had info on. So either she didn't submit, or she was roleblocked N1 and Titus is scum IMO.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1429 (isolation #104) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:49 am

Although, I don't see why she would target Joan either, since that just seems like a waste of a shot. I guess because according to her role PM if one target was in a PT and the other wasn't, she would not be told which was which, so she targeted someone she knew for sure was in a PT so that she'd know for sure what the result of the other shot was.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1589 (isolation #105) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:33 am

In post 1586, Creature wrote:
In post 1430, Krazy wrote:Creature said she should check joan to confirm she was not being roleblocked each night. I disagreed but fa never said she disagreed.
was Joan ever neighborized or something?
Joan is a neighbor and was neighborized twice, lol.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1591 (isolation #106) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:45 am

I mean Shiro is supersaint so we can get them both at once if we want.

I think Titus first is probably better though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1592 (isolation #107) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:47 am

Also wait a minute.

@Boon: If a player is confabulating, and they target a player with no PT, would a tracker see them visit that player?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1595 (isolation #108) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:48 am

In post 1593, Creature wrote:Obviously would've preferred Titus first if Shiro didn't claim supersaint.
This is why I still prefer Titus first.

And no, I don't think she did.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1596 (isolation #109) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:49 am

If confabulating works like loyal/disloyal/simple/complex do, then actually they're both scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1601 (isolation #110) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:52 am

In post 1599, Bins wrote:dawg i already asked this and he answered yes it would show

(even tho I wholeheartedly disagree that it should, fine)
Oh, so you did.

I'm honestly pretty sure Boon makes this stuff up on the spot tbh. There isn't any consistency.

That’s what the mutation of BooneyToonz section is for. Duh.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1606 (isolation #111) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:44 am

I mean, if FA would only be seen visiting someone in a PT, then either you're in a PT and Titus killed FA, or she's in a PT and you killed FA.

Irrelevant though, because it doesn't work like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1620 (isolation #112) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:18 am

In post 1619, Titus wrote:me being alive at endgame is autowin for town.
Huh?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1668 (isolation #113) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Nice.

It's a shame, my traitor gambit would have been great if the traitors didn't die so early :lol:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”