BooneyToonz XII: Corporate Boontrigue (Game Over!!!)

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Jesus Louisus is town.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

gg

all thoughts are in the dead thread
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

Technically it's 3.5 scum, traitor just has a bit extra power that can mess with both alignments

All I'd change is combining the strongman into one slot and gating it like the vig, that would make the setup a bit cleaner I think and wouldn't punish scum as badly for misusing their strongman

If that's too much then give scum a weak useless PR just so rolecop guilties it (although in scenarios where rolecops specifically wait until they have a guilty to out, that has the opposite effect of helping make it less likely the strongman will be the one caught)

A lot of the issue I have with the way the strongman was applied in this setup is that the bulletproof isn't a good enough indicator that scum are looking for bulletproofs instead of to break through protective roles, especially when town have a roleblocker and a vigilante to help obscure that connection; the vigilante especially will be very obvious after the first night in the majority of scenarios. Both of those roles have fairly low direct power, but that angle itself increases their power a good amount since it increases the odds of scum hitting the wrong conclusions about what the setup is designed around.

This way, the strongman is more clearly the star player on the team rather than a heavily gated tool; my first assumption when having a role like odd night strongman is that it's a just in case for a specific situation and that I need to look to avoid hitting that situation more than trying to break through it. It should also make it a bit more obvious that the other backup neighbor is bulletproof.

It nerfs the traitor too which helps bring the setup back in the same general territory balance wise. If it becomes too scumsided anyways, there's enough gated stuff around that you can tweak them around until town is strong enough to handle it.

Idk much about balance in general but this is a simple way to make the setup more elegant to play; even if scum played well, there's enough pitfalls that it's understandable that most scumteams will fall into one or multiple of them at some point, there's too much applicable noise the way it is
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2217 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Ankamius »

To be fair, scum not revealing the strongman helps too

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”