Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #197 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:18 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 7, RCEnigma wrote:Don't mind the smell, you get used to it VOTE: skellen

Welcome to the wild west Skellen.
We meet again!

What's up with your Pink Ball vote? Just because of Avenger's entrance post with your group of four there or anything particular in pink Ball's posts? What do you think of Red so far?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 17, Dr Easy Bake wrote: So are we just gonna outright claim what we have as our role flavor? I think this could hurt town.
Not that I disagree given the nature of this setup, but this post feel a little bit weird considering it's coming from someone acting as voice of reason who hardclaimed VT right out of the gate last time.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 103, Alchemist21 wrote: Takes away what little bit of pressure exists in an rvs vote. Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see why he’d switch.
Why was the vote switch in L&F's case more noticeable to you than RCE's naked vote switch to Pink Ball?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Skellen »

I like Oversoul so far for his approach on FL. Also kind of like RCE for the way he handled the discussion about the hated modifier. FL feels more sorty this early than last time I played with scum!him, he definitely feels different though. Maybe a careful slight townlean for the beginning.

Don't like DEB so far. # and # feel like subtle attempts to get more role specific informations out of Chemist and mastina during smooth conversation. I didn't liked Gamma's temporary vote on him though, although I don't think that's particularly ai for Gamma.

Slight negative feeling about Red too. I don't mind his Oversoul push. # gave me unnecessary defensive vibes, # goes into s similar direction responding to a post that throws him in a scum pool which were the first things he reacted to, Oversoul aside.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:20 am

Post by Skellen »

VOTE: DEB
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:20 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 196, Menalque wrote:VOTE: book kid
Why?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 200, Skellen wrote:, # goes into s similar direction responding to a post that throws him in a scum pool which were the first things he reacted to
Ah wait, little correction after looking at the vc, I thought he was also hated, so that part doesn't count. Sorry~
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 282, Oversoul wrote: :? I got my eye on you.
What is bothering you about mastina? The readslist looks more or less pretty common going by the current reads of most people. Tbh I have no real grasp on her yet, it feels like most reads/comments on her seem to evolve from experiences with her?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:53 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 288, Alchemist21 wrote: It was good enough for now.
What? How? You got literally one of the most general answers that doesn't even tell much.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 349, Alchemist21 wrote: Yeah but it told me all I needed to know about Pink’s vote.
And that conclusion is...?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 360, RCEnigma wrote: Welcome to large themes where meta is everything.
I could desperately laugh and cry at this at the same time.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Skellen »

I think a part that bugs me about DEB is that feels a bit more passive than last time I played town!him.

Upon rereading his posts I actually think # is very slightly town-indicative with his spec that there are no VT or I think such a thought might come more likely from town.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:09 am

Post by Skellen »

Yeah, after 3-4 players having posted I still have no idea how to read the Avengers slot. Need to read their posts more in detail later. I recognize Black Widow though, I can relate to most of her observations, so that's a plus. Although I am still not sure about DEB being town, even although I might get around in thinking he could be.
In post 436, Avengers wrote:
In post 102, RCEnigma wrote:I can tell you that's wrong.
You feel pretty weird this game

~ Black Widow
What is it that makes you feel weird about RCE? Is it just coming from the entrance? This question might as well be directed at S_S.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Skellen »

@DEB:
Are you still fine with your vote on Chemist? I take it it was just a rvs vote anyway, isn't anyone pinging you as potential scum or are you actually scumreading Chemist?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 471, Emperor flippyNips wrote:ugghhh i should of done what BW did on my catch up.... cos im all caught up now but have no clue what i read
flippy~...

You rolled scum again, didn't you? :neutral:
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Skellen »

@RCE:
Can you explain your townread on book kid? (#)

I feel she is lacking some drive. While I really like her attempt with further engaging with Red in #, it confuses me how she just literally went "lol ok" after Red simply said he has no interest to respond to her and leaved it at that. Also I feel a bit iffy about her being ok with a DEB wagon but on the same time sets up pre-flip associations with assuming town!DEB while she doesn't seem to townread him to begin with(?).
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 505, Chemist1422 wrote:Serious post to the extent that I’m dropping my gimmick

Has anyone actually been reading my posts or is my gimmick too annoying
Tbh I didn't care. Do as you please.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 517, Emperor flippyNips wrote: nah, that would of been fun tho. The last time we played together I was scum right?
Yeah. I think we were also together in that game with these Macho Doctors for a short while before I had to replace out. There I knew after your first few posts you were town while your entrance today with catching up without having anything to say reminded me about your stalling in your scum game. I got my eyes on you. o.o

Avengers were your rvs vote, so are you legitimately scumreading them now?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 528, RCEnigma wrote: So book is one of a few players I feel I can confidently read and on tone she passes check 1.

is a town post based on how the typing and hp mechanic works out. It says to me she doesn't have a read their and would rather follow her own read than join the town consensus and policy Deb on playstyle.

I forgot the post number where she responded to me but her expanding on her thought process without me having to push further was town indicative for her as well. Like she was considering what information I was asking for and what information she thought I could use to better my read.
Was that tonal read your original basis for the townread? I ask because all the other points you made were after #.

Ok, that's a fair point that I also have on her could be town side. I am not sure if we think here of the same though, so feel free to correct me if I misinterpret something. Do you townread the mechanic part with the "probably many vigs" going by the hp mechanic, because you think this comment comes rather from someone who rolled a town role? If so do you think so too then if you go by DEB's #? What makes it different?
I get your second sentence, but it was my impression she seemed to be fine with "vigging" him instead even although I take it it was probably more meant as joke.

I am fine with your point of view regarding #, it doesn't ease my bad feeling about that post though considering the assumption of town!DEB while she doesn't seem to have a (positive) read on DEB.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 538, Emperor flippyNips wrote: They were never a RVS vote I want them wagoned.
If I make a RVS I make it known.
You know in said newbie game you responded to the selfmeta question how you play as scum that you like to start wagons. :lol:

But very well, why do you still want them wagoned?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 541, Chemist1422 wrote:
was my red case
COMPLETELY IGNORED?
Not really ignored. Oversoul agreed with it and I basically do this too as I scumread Red too, it's just... that Red disappeared.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:28 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 545, Avengers wrote: ok, let's talk about this.
what are your reservations on deb? he feels p townie to me
Sure. To clarify this, for me it was the typical my guts says town while my head says scum thing. Like I agree to your reading of # that it looks lamist (not newbtown), because I felt it didn't sounded genuine considering his careless attitude that he showed in his last game I had with him but also in this game here. I townread his response to me though when I pointed it out. What bothered me about him is that to me he seemed more passive here. Like I don't care about his playstyle, that's the same as usual anyway. But usually between all this you can figure an intention out to sort things, even when some votes would just be joke votes. Gaargh, I have no idea how to describe it best in English... like he felt here like less loose? I didn't see it here, but also considered that this might just be because it depends for him with which people he interacts.

Fyi I will at this point probably just roll with it that he could be town, I actually liked his recent posts.
In post 545, Avengers wrote: reaction to my slot's entrance was weird (why would he think that list was all the scum? do scum usually make a meme vote listing all of their partners as their entrance? like the only time i could see scum doing that is like
maybe
as a traitor soft but even so .... do scum really do this? even his explanation later that he thought that this was a neighborhood is kinda weird; why would all scum be in a neighborhood together? like his whole thought process here doesn't make much sense to me)
I agree that his posts where he said that all in your opening post are scum while assuming it was a neighborhood might be weird when it seems more logical that you would assume like 1-2 scum. Personally I interpreted as an attempt to get out of rvs, even although I feel it was mostly ignored, so I can see a point in pinning down a certain group at the beginning. Also he doesn't really seem to push within this group atm. What I don't really see, what do you think would be the motivation of scum!RCE to distuingish that group of four at the beginning? (considering that he wasn't even strongly pushing there imo)
In post 545, Avengers wrote: do you know how to read him?
Not necessarily, no. I was mostly teasing him and that what I already said to flippy. When he was town he was easy to read because he came from a pretty proactive mindset, which was a day and night difference to his scum game where we were in together. Hence I kind of tried to get him involved to see where the pendulum might swing this time. Unfortunately he disappeared again.

Why do you ask?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:28 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 550, RCEnigma wrote: The big comment comes from town using the sample pm as a reference point. I'm considering roles in this game not as traditional roles but attacks. This would be categorized as (attack,support) which is self explanatory.
Ok, but do you think that similar comment from DEB might also come from town?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 570, book kid wrote: What am I supposed to do honestly? I could get upset and kind of almost did but whenever I get too emotionally invested in mafia it ends poorly. If he wants me to park him at the bottom of my readslist, fine by me.

I don't really see a problem with saying what a town!Deb world is like? I don't townread him but I also don't scumread him and the random chance of a player rolling scum is quite low meaning that is the most likely world to me.
Fair, might be a personality thing I just would have felt provoked to throw more shit at him after refusing so blatantly to respond to my questions. But I basically meant what you have been doing recently regarding the Red case, so that's cool.

Yes, but that's it for me. I am struggling to see why you were tempted to make that assumption, when you had no read on him. Like if he is town, then it's clear where you are coming from. If you are townreading him, then as well. If you are scumreading any specific person on the wagon, then as well (I dunno? Haven't read anything about me or mastina from you though). But if you don't have a read on him or he is null anyway? Like I admit this is a subjective thing, but when I have no idea about a person I am rather careful with making any associative assumptions because they are standing on a pretty speculative basis to begin with.

Who are you scumreading besides Red btw?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #24) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 650, mastina wrote:
In post 370, book kid wrote:if deb is town there's probably scum in {skellen, mastina} ig
That'd be Skellen then because I am a mason. :P
But what if we will both be masons?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Skellen »

Next in line would be Red, but he is still inactive, so...

VOTE: Gamma

That was the fourth vote from him that I disliked.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #26) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:30 am

Post by Skellen »

Otherwise I am kind of townreading Alchemist for # and #. He felt kind of shallow and flying under the radar to me until then.

@Alchemist:
Are you still scumreading L&F?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Post by Skellen »

Shameless alibi post to avoid replacement. Work is devouring me. Have the day off tomorrow so I will get up to date then.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Skellen »

Ugh, I actually regret that I avoided replacement, I feel totally detached from the game. Ask me anything while I read stuff, I feel that's easier getting back into the game.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:44 am

Post by Skellen »

@Oversoul:
In one point I actually agree with Gamma's interest in your thought process about your recent votes. About whom was #? Was it about flippy? I get that you also tried to get pip to join on flippy just to back off after flippy just posted with his usual catch phrase. Was that just for beetlejuice or why the switch back to Gamma after you thought he could be town? I am a little bit lost there.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 1035, Menalque wrote: On a scale of 1-10 how irritated are you at being caught scum on D1?
I am not, so I don't care.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 1036, Oversoul wrote: What is your opinion on Something_Smart, itlepip (love and friendship), and Emperor_FlippyNipz?
I think S_S is difficult to read because he has been pretty reluctant with his reads so far. But that's nothing unusual as far as I can tell. So far he he mostly only called out people when he found something specific questionable which was always reasonable so far, which is for me null, because I think he can do that as any alignment. I think him struggling with keeping up with the game might be genuine and I am not sure if scum!him would under these circumstances necessarily hand out a townread on book kid when she was getting a bit heat after her interactions with FL while he admits himself he hasn't really read (or remembers) anything before that. Would tend to null-town here, but I won't bother with him too much until D2 probably.

flippy exists. I don't know why he wanted to wagon on Avengers nor why he unvoted. It's nothing, which is bad but I can't tell if just bad town or scum. By experience I would say rather scum tendency than town, because I know he can get more in detail as town than just tagging along, but it's too much of a wildcard tbh.

I liked L&F for the most, I felt their pushes had a town purpose (although I agree with Alchemist that the part with accusing him of semi-defending me for a simple question wasn't good). I was tempted to say their frustration at the Avengers hydra might rather come from town than scum because while it seemed impulsive it also had a constructive intention, but I don't know them good enough so I will probably treat this rather as nai.
Not ready yet for sorting pip. My first impression is good because we seem to have similar thoughts regarding Gamma and book kid, but that doesn't mean much as I am not that confident in most reads as I would like to be. Together with L&F probably town?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 1081, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ok Oversoul is absolutely batshit fucking crazy confirmed. I just read his 1046 and I have no idea what sort of gambit he pulled but it fucked up outrageously. DGB and Kuribo I want you guys to relay through the replacement what YOUR thoughts on that gambit was because we just played and I am very interested in your opinions. Also I'm really confused by Oversoul thinking it is either 3 mafia and an SK or 4 mafia and no SK when it's always 4 mafia with the chance of any third party.
What's so batshit crazy about it though? All I can see is that it was just pointless as it had no real effect in the game here and it shouldn't have affected DGB's and kuribo's reads either.

Him messing up the numbers like he did looks imo like something that would rather come from town here.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:54 am

Post by Skellen »

@book kid & Chemist:
How were your reads on the Maria slot affected by her posts so far?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 am

Post by Skellen »

VOTE: Maria

If it won't be Gamma, I am fine with Maria as well. Feel a bit bad though with it being mostly for her pedecessor. That's L-2.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”