apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:03 am

Post by apthet »

Hey everyone, taking off for the holiday. See you tomorrow~!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:59 am

Post by apthet »

Early on for me Saudade is a scumread. I think he falls neatly into the archetype of confident, relaxed scum who wants to get through the early game smoothly and position himself well. seems kind of all-around not a good post. I don't like the way he presented his thought (the shower thing seems extraneous in the way the scum would like people to think they're engaging with the game) nor do I like the thought itself (the first thing I did was think "what role would my original role synergize with the most" and I think that anyone who isn't vanilla would also think of that).

I don't really know what to make of Vecna. That statement about "let's just let people do what they want, it makes for a more interesting game" seems like a town sentiment but I don't really see why town would feel motivated to type that out and press Submit. My heart is telling me that this is a town thing to say though.
In post 153, Almost50 wrote:Here's a new strategy: Let's all in to games we know we won't play. Like, if you're on a holiday. or if you have exams, or you have a new job.. you're wedding is within a week.. etc.
:lol: I'm guessing you're not American, then.
is like, moving unusually rapidly into WIFOM it feels like. Reads to me like a bit of an overreaction.
In post 174, popsofctown wrote:If apthet is going to take Friday off from work and combine the weekend into a 5 day vacation I'm definitely with you, though, I missed Pokémon Ruby Mafia because I knew I had a 1 week vacation coming up.
You're in luck. I'm one of three people in my office right now.

momo's big list in is a good way to anchor my thoughts. First of all, good effort. Regardless of momo's alignment I think he makes a lot of intelligent points. One thing I do like that his strongest townread on Vecna is just a shrug as far as justification goes. It feels right to me and something that scum faking a readslist would not easily think of doing.
Other things...
  • Almost50 is leaning slightly scum for me at this point. Good to know about the tone meta thing, though. momo I'd appreciate if you could link a few games that made you think this (also serving the dual purpose of holding you accountable to these claims).
  • I like his justification for the Iconeum read.
  • Lil Uzi Vert is a nullread for me. I'm not sold on the neighbors being town as too anti-scum for scum to propose. Would need to see more from him.
  • I don't know what to make of RC. RC, the game I played with you, you were far more engaged as town even when mentioning that you were probably going to get nightkilled and whatnot, and its weird to see you sort of prematurely turn away from this game for the same reason. Why is this game different for you?
  • I don't agree with the Oversoul read but I don't necessarily have any reasons to think he's town. I have no experience with him but my intuition tells me he is kind of a person who has a naturally scummy tone.
  • I'm with you on Saudade though.
  • Also, I'm a she.
I don't like the way popsofctown shuts down the preflip associatives in . I think it fits with the archetype of scum that is focused on seeming to be rational, picking holes in arguments and lines of questioning here and there to look helpful. I also think that momo's theory is the focal point of the game at this point and his only response is to shut it down.

reads as a post I would make in his situation as town.

It seems like momo and RC have some kind of history and that's informing this argument? RC feels really different from the game I played with him. I get the sense he feels very emotionally different about this game and I feel like there are layers to peel back: my brain says momo is on the townier side of the argument but I feel like I can't commit to that. In any case, that back and forth was vaguely unpleasant to read.
In post 295, Gamma Emerald wrote:I already think momo's proposed scumteam isn't very good so I'm ok with them being ejected
What. This statement is ridiculous. Bless your heart.
In post 328, Titus wrote:Rc quits when it effects his win percentage but that's not role related
What.
This sounds to me like a serious accusation to bring into a game. If this is true that is despicable and possibly a trust tell. Why did you replace in knowing this? Why the hell is this an accusation you're making in public and not with the game mod? Can anyone back this up? Does callforjudgement need to be involved?

Also, Vecna's posts on page 15 all feel very good.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:19 am

Post by apthet »

In post 428, Gamma Emerald wrote:I've noticed LUV seems to be selectively engaging with people
How so? I looked at his iso and didn't get that impression.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:21 am

Post by apthet »

In post 414, apthet wrote:What. This sounds to me like a serious accusation to bring into a game. If this is true that is despicable and possibly a trust tell. Why did you replace in knowing this? Why the hell is this an accusation you're making in public and not with the game mod? Can anyone back this up? Does callforjudgement need to be involved?
Titus can you talk more about this?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:55 am

Post by apthet »

In post 444, momo wrote:This right here is my biggest problem with you so far. You say that me giving Vecna a TR from my gut is a very towny thing to do, but in the same post you did the same thing. This seems like you're trying to draw a parallel and portray yourself as town. This is a red flag imo.
Let me explain more what I meant here. I think that someone who is going through the effort to convincingly construct a fake readslist with extensive evidence pulling from logic and meta and whatnot would naturally fall into the mindset of "my strongest reads should be the most justified by evidence." I think that going against that instinct requires scum to actively choose to make that decision. Possible but in my opinion seems unlikely. Having a gutread is not a town thing in itself. (I mean, theoretically they should be the easiest and most convenient for scum to fake.)

I think that contextually, the fact that your gutread also happened to be the strongest one makes me believe that your readslist is real: it seems to me like it doesn't necessarily follow the logic of the written word, if that makes sense. You made me believe that those reads were coming from your heart.

My thoughts on Vecna at the time of responding to your list really boiled down to one post that stuck out to me. Now, interestingly enough, he does happen to be a stronger townread for me too, but that's because of more recent posts.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:12 am

Post by apthet »

Yes, popsofctown. I am your roommate. I didn't want to tell you before you were ready to hear it.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 452, popsofctown wrote:oh then we should get the neighbor roles so that cfj doesn't have to bother making a Private Topic I guess.
Can you bring home some eggs? I'll pay you ^,^
"I'm kinda ok with A50 deep wolfing me" reads to me like a town approach to the game. It feels like someone who is working with and through their paranoia. I think overall I'm conflicted on you, pops.

And thanks for the links on your preflip thing, but that was actually kind of not convincing to me. It wasn't a huge point that I was focusing on anyway.
In post 461, Oversoul wrote:
In post 426, Saudade wrote:My tongue is my strongest weapon
Oh dear god :facepalm:
Just don't let him lick you and we're fine!
In post 475, Gamma Emerald wrote:This post is like a pancil without lead, it has no point.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, you.
In post 503, Nero Cain wrote:I don't really like the idea of vecna as king someone come up with a better plan
I don't see why this would be worrisome (at the end of the day can't we just leash the king?). I don't have a real read on Nero but if he does end up revealed as scum at some point, I think it's good to return to this proposal as one that he didn't want for kind of an unnatural reason.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:55 am

Post by apthet »

Hidden Happiness: Why are you so invested in keeping Titus alive? If Titus is so easy to read as you claim, does this mean you have a townread on her? And if so, why?
In post 641, momo wrote:The above series of posts from Titus wins the fakest shit I've seen in a while award.
Agree 100%. No reason for Titus to ask the mod when she could just look at the opening post. It's really not that hard to miss.
In post 644, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yes, I feel you're discrediting my statement with a drug allegation which is fucking disgusting
Gamma, every post of yours makes me giggle~!
Also good point with the scum experiencing frustration ^^
In post 669, popsofctown wrote:RCslot is better than randscum and high enough to lynch but not higher than 50% to flip red, unpopular opinion though it may be
This post is scummy if Titus flips town.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:49 am

Post by apthet »

Work is hectic today, but I'll try and read up sometime later this afternoon.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:31 am

Post by apthet »

In post 710, Titus wrote:
In post 708, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why is Apthet scum?
I'm not 100% certain on that read. (Would prefer pops/A50/Sau) However, I feel like he's just on the outskirts poking. I also don't know him well enough to accurately place him in the other categories.
You propose killing me over the three reads you're more certain about? Am I reading that right? Also, she.
In post 788, popsofctown wrote:It would be great if Titus could stop calling people a curse word, I know compliance is at -25% when I've requested that in mafia games but on I go.
I like you.

I'll do the thing that people are doing with responding in color (it seems trendy).
In post 941, callforjudgement wrote:Inactive: Saudade
It seems like Saudade passing this proposal fits in with a disengaged town who just wants to get the day over with. If he were scum who is laying low in hopes of assuming a more commanding role later, I don't think he would commit himself to Inactive.

Day 5 Innocent Child: Gamma Emerald
Gamma as come across as pretty towny to me. He has a very strong air of "honest town obliviousness" that I've seen in most of the recent games I played. CheekyTeeky in particular stands out to me as a great candidate for this role as someone that several people are scumreading. She came across to me as a pretty capable town player the last time I played with her, even though I didn't last long. It might be nice to have her in the game until then, and if she turns out as scum then we'll know.

Inventor: popsofctown
I was trying to figure out what was going on in popsofctown's mind when he gave himself inventor, because that's not a role I'm entirely comfortable with him giving himself. But looking back it seems like this was also in momo's proposal, so I guess that was where the possibility was first introduced. I guess I'm sort of okay with this. His response to momo giving him inventor was also okay.

Odd-Night Motion Detector: Lil Uzi Vert
I haven't actually been paying too much attention to the proposals until now, but this is the role I'd prefer to get. I think it has potential to synergize well with my role, although there's no guarantee that it will really pay off in any impactful way.

Neighbour: Oversoul
Neighbour: Almost50
I like the neighbors here. I think there's a not-too-bad chance of Oversoul being town and Almost50 being scum.
As far as it goes though, I am fine enough with this proposal to vote for it (although what would people think about swapping me and LUV + Gamma and Cheeky? If people are okay with that then I'll vote against this one).
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 am

Post by apthet »

In post 929, Vecna wrote:N1 kill UB, proceed to kill all other valuable targets n2 and onward?
For the record I think that D2 role distribution will probably balance this out. I think people (me included) will shy away from stacking roles too heavily onto one person. (Looking back on it, I did like Vecna as Miller though.)
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:29 am

Post by apthet »

In post 947, Oversoul wrote:Momo and Apthet, can you further explain your Almost read’s?
I don't have a particularly strong argument and I'm not really pursuing that or doing a close read. I just think having him in a neighborhood with a townier player is a useful move (and he could be replaced with any number of people who I don't have any reason to townread). One thing I disliked was him saying that we should get rid of Titus "regardless of alignment" which seemed to me like a way to push a move without committing to the associated read.
In post 951, Oversoul wrote:Could you explain the underlined bit? Are we not all just vanilla townies?
I don't think I'm ready to say more.
In post 974, Oversoul wrote:I feel like we are spending an inordinate amount of time discussing role distribution and kind of just accepting Titus's death which is making me paranoid.
Waiting to be convinced otherwise. Especially since you presumably have more experience with her than I do (she said she was the highest postcount on this site?). But the way I see it right now, she's floundering and is not honestly or genuinely engaging with any of her scumreads.
In post 975, Iconeum wrote:I tend to start sheeping if I can't keep up with the discussion.
I think I will townread this in much the same way I townread Saudade's disengagement.
In post 976, Oversoul wrote:I would like to see everyone's opinion about Titus as well as some of their top town reads. If we can form a consensus about the town reads, I do not really think Day 1 role allocation is going to matter beyond the earlier referenced roles.
Vecna, you, Gamma. momo. Maybe Nero and maybe even pops as well.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 am

Post by apthet »

My role is not vanilla, is powerless right now, but has the potential of synergizing with combinations of roles later in the game. As I said before, I think one of those roles could be motion detector.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:59 am

Post by apthet »

I crumbed it earlier but stating it more explicitly means this current proposal might be best right now for strategizing around the nightkill + WIFOM around my claim.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:29 am

Post by apthet »

Oh jesus. I thought my modifier was unique. Carry on. I'm so embarassed.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:02 am

Post by apthet »

It was because of that "bastard mod" comment actually. I don't want to talk about it. I feel so stupid I could cry :,(
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:04 am

Post by apthet »

In post 414, apthet wrote:the first thing I did was think "what role would my original role synergize with the most" and I think that anyone who isn't vanilla would also think of that)
The original softclaim, by the way.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:08 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1104, Titus wrote:but the scum reads don't have PRs
Why are you fine with me getting King?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by apthet »

Hi everyone, it's been an emotionally exhausting week of work. Will catch up tomorrow!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:02 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1178, Hidden Happiness wrote:I hate IC so fucking much and I don't want it but my partner does and it's just ughhhhhhh
Annoying, but I buy this.
Willing to have Hidden as town at this point.
In post 1246, pisskop wrote:In fact, as scum Id be much, much more apt to try to punish people for saying they do want power. :IGMEOU:
I like this post. I think it's a good point and also looking for perspective from scum.
I don't like his readslist.
He's good for town I think but I also think it's easier to pounce in as a replacement with a good catchup especially since you're looking at things retroactively. Still though, town.
In post 1344, callforjudgement wrote:Just a reminder that you have to answer your prod with a substantive post within 36 hours (for the first prod). This post doesn't count.
I don't know about that. I was substantively exhausted.
In post 1356, popsofctown wrote:pls no ego.mafia
the game is so much more fun when we all play humble
Request: pops and I as neighbors so that we can be better friends.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1391, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1389, Hidden Happiness wrote:Weirdly we don't disagree with this as a list. But the fact that it came from a50 alone makes us doubt it. VOTE: Against
@MOD: This is unacceptable. I'm tired of this slot bringing up outside-of-game influence. They're not playing to win, They're playing to bug someone and that someone is me.
All other points on A50 aside, the fact that the possibility of "oh, Hidden doesn't trust me because they think I'm scum" doesn't even cross his mind is almost unassailably town.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1397, Almost50 wrote:2- We know we are bad players and we do not trust our own reads so we'll go against the guy we are scum reading.

The problem with proposition 2 is it creates a paradox of trusting their read on me with the presumption that their reads are generally bad to begin with.
Never mind, I suppose it did; and the "problem" that A50 raises with proposition 2 is really not all that unreasonable and something I've almost certainly seen before.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1382, Almost50 wrote:Why aren't we lynching the slot that contributed the least so far? pisskop already managed 4x as many posts as apthet had all game.
Look, I can break up my posts into one sentence chunks too, maybe that will satisfy your desire for that number next to my name on the Activity Overview page to go up? :roll: :roll: :roll:
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:15 am

Post by apthet »

To anyone who has played with Titus before, can you comment on how Titus just vanished after people started doubting her for a lynch and is now coasting on radio silence? Is that even remotely feasible to come from town?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:58 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1475, popsofctown wrote:I'm not big into "call out the whole scumteam" but if I was it'd be almost50/Nero Cain/CheekyTeeky
Just to widen the coverage, I will somewhat whimsically guess at a team of Titus / Lil Uzi Vert / popsofctown. That's not strictly reflective of my reads and it's too early to really call the whole team out but I think it's plausible!
In post 1504, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1503, CheekyTeeky wrote:Why would scum give themselves IC? I'm happy with anything as long as I'm not lynched.
Could be a number of reasons, but I think the prevailing notion is that something later in the game will make the Day 5 IC invalid. Who are you scumreads?
I don't think scum banks on that. That's part of why I'm thinking that Hidden is town, especially since they presented the IC as something that one head wanted and one head didn't.
In post 1521, callforjudgement wrote:Titus failed to respond to the prod. She will be replaced unless she posts a substantive post in-thread before I find a replacement.
This is two people in this slot that have vanished now. I think Titus lurking to the point of replacement is actually less scummy than lurking and coming back given that now Cheeky seems to be the primary person of elimination. I still would most prefer Titus over Cheeky, though.
In post 1555, Vecna wrote:has done some things I think most likely come from town
I need to know what things.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:26 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1583, Vecna wrote:@Aphet its mainly the weird and rediculous leaps and logic thats all over the place that ive often seen from titus as town. The bunch of times ive seen her replace in as scum that was something that was missing.
Hm. Okay. That was something I picked up on for sure that was informing my scumread. But if meta says the opposite, I suppose that makes sense. (I still want Titus the most for quitter.)
In post 1647, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1449, apthet wrote:To anyone who has played with Titus before, can you comment on how Titus just vanished after people started doubting her for a lynch and is now coasting on radio silence? Is that even remotely feasible to come from town?
I wouldn’t peg it as alignment indicative. She has a pretty busy life outside of here.
It's a moot point anyway. The replace out suggests it's not just a coast.
In post 1650, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Could someone give me some homework or something to do. I still want to lynch within Cheeky/HH/Titus.
Lil Uzi Vert simultaneously asking for direction while giving himself direction? Suspicious! Or maybe I'm just looking for reasons to confirm my fringe theory. :lol:
In post 1717, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1713, Vecna wrote:point of discussion: using isos to form reads is about as usefull as watching desperate housewives to update yourself on current politics
I watch john oliver and colbert for my politics, much more entertaining.
I have actually been combining the two and watching John Oliver and Colbert to exclusively inform my reads in this game. It has not been successful.
In post 1718, momo wrote:I've been busy and haven't had a chance to interact with pisskop, but Saudude didn't play in a way that gave me confidence in him being town. I want D3 King to be a townread.
Weird that you would vote against without making the time to read pisskop, to be honest?
In post 1731, CheekyTeeky wrote:Oh I have pops too many times - make him neighbour...who am I missing?
I'm trying to figure out what it means, psychologically, that Cheeky's proposal was this sloppy. I'm actually thinking it comes across as town. I think scum would make more of an effort to polish between the readslist and the proposal... but then again, I did find it odd how many of her slots had wiggle room: like "this person or this person," which sort of read to me as trying to muddy the future associations.

I don't think I'm getting anywhere with this line of thought but maybe someone else has some cutting-edge observations.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:59 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1784, pisskop wrote:
Mad Libs!I saw the post from Jingle, in which he
unhelpfully
described the roles that were
up for assignment
. When I read it, I felt
somewhat uncomfortable
that he would
spend so much time on something
so
empty
. I liked how it was
from someone who replaced someone I thought was town
and stated
I'm struggling to find something that fits here
so
deal with it, haters
. When I
read Jingle's next post
I want to be
convinced that they are good and towny
Oversoul's posts were

apthet
is still
perfect and amazing
, and nothing you say will
change
that. When I think about them, I am
truly dazzled and entralled
. I
am in love with
the current
way that apthet conducts herself
, and you should
think the same thing
, yourself.
In post 1810, Vecna wrote:pure mindblend. he says the things I think so often, even when its some of the more out there type of thoughts. Things that dont occur to scum to talk about.
I've been flipping back and forth on pops for this whole game. Would appreciate if you linked some of those things (maybe we saw the same things, though).
In post 1815, AP wrote:@Creature: Vote AGAINST. At least give me hope. I'm @L-1 with you, Jingle, apthet & pisskop not voting, and that's even assuming the mod will count Nero Cain's (Gollum) vote against.
Ugh... maybe it's the alt gimmick, but I have literally
never
seen this reaction coming from scum on the chopping block. I know I sound like a broken record but out of the current mainstream options I really do prefer Titus (and I think Cheeky is better than AP for that matter).

Spoiler: Yet another example of popsofctown being a really cool person that I wish I could locktown so that we can just be friends.
In post 1829, popsofctown wrote:I don't keep up with my W/L record but if I did I would probably count all replace-outs as losses and I would definitely treat all "replaced out because I anticipated a loss"es as losses
But really what does your record matter anyway
The idea of someone maintaining a record is also concerning because there's a family of strategies including but not limited to trust telling that are more effective for winning groups of games than they are for winning each game as though it's your last. But the latter is far more interesting and more fair to teammates and opponents.
IDK offtopic rant.
In post 1861, Vecna wrote:These are always the moments i hate. When the gratification of finally seeing a flip is so close.. yet it might still take forever to happen.
What do you think about AP's super focused / defensive reaction to the wagon?
Does anyone know if he's done this before?
In post 1923, Creature wrote:
In post 1918, Vecna wrote:but if you vote in favour of this wonderful proposal, you'll at least have some time to catch up
This same proposal is suggesting me to not have any power role for the rest of the game though.
Ugh, town post. ><
In post 1943, Creature wrote:if I obvtown enough
Another town post! These replacements are really shaking things up.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1952 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:02 am

Post by apthet »

Spoiler: Jingle makes posts. Are they good ones? You decide for yourself ~ I think time will tell.
In post 1843, Jingle wrote:I'll ISO AP to see if I think the hammer there is justified, but I'm pretty okay sheeping pops here rn.
In post 1847, Jingle wrote:So... What about A50 is scummy again?

in particular seems pretty damn town and I'm not sure where any of the scumreads are coming from yet, except a weakass gut read from Vecna like forever ago.
In post 1848, Jingle wrote:Really, looking here it feels like the reasoning on A50 is that A50 is scummy because A50 is scummy.
In post 1853, Jingle wrote:I want to hear from Ico, I think, about why he specifically wanted AP to be the lynch
In post 1880, Jingle wrote:Vecna, why is AP scum?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:06 am

Post by apthet »

For the record, I think that Jingle is for the most part checking out for me as town. I just think this is something to refer to as a potential association as Jingle's posts have largely been concerned with fighting the AP wagon.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:15 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1954, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well AP has kinda the focus rn?
Do you think AP is scum?
Hm. I'm going to say no, I don't. But I would expect Jingle to be trying to send out feelers to form as many townreads as possible, given that he stressed what roles *should* be going to town in his earlier setup discussion post. In the end he's still town in my book. I just wanted to draw attention to it.
In post 1991, AP wrote:I mean, just look at 609 FGS. He's lining up FIVE lynches ahead. FIVE. All scum need id 4 mislynches to win this. So, yeah, without amy other association he sure looks like scum trying to manipulate the game in his favor.
This seems to be more from his personality than anything. I do think that momo coming in strong and doing a fadeaway is interesting though and needs to be noted.
In post 2067, Vecna wrote:I could go back and try to remember which ones they were, but seeing how most of it is a while back now, it might not sound too great.
This is sort of more on the theoretical discussion but I think that Old Town Posts (by Lil Nas X) losing their luster in the public consciousness over time is good by design given that it is very doable for any capable scum player to make at least one super town post.

I also share a good amount of your concerns with AP's logic. AP: I think that your reasoning overall seems really susceptible to a good clean bus. I'm also concerned that so many people seem to be letting him off the hook based on a single high-effort retrospective that doesn't really shout all that towny to me and I can't help but wonder if there are some suspicious dynamics at play. More so, I think this is exactly the play that scum on the chopping block makes: make a big structured series of posts looking back and talking about all sorts of stuff that I don't find exceptionally helpful.
In post 2137, Jingle wrote:Sorry this took so long, but I got distracted by site chat.
Sort of a suspicious sentence... there's a lot of self-consciousness behind it to me. He seems to be thinking, "I hope no one calls me out on my post taking too long, better preempt it with an explananation." Admit that I might be suspicion-tunnelling here though. But would definitely need to be reaffirmed that Jingle is town at this stage in the game.
In post 2140, popsofctown wrote:I will be changing my avatar to Scholarship Student Isis when this is finalized so that there is minimal confusion for the players.
I looked up Scholarship Student Isis and I still don't think I understand. What scholarship? What college? Why is she a monster in a mobile game? She should be focusing on her education! Goodness!
In post 2227, Vecna wrote:also, airports woo. heading home after my marriage and 2.5 months in africa.
Congrats? Wow! Congrats.
In post 2226, Vecna wrote:Can someone, or better yet, a few people, give reasons for why this is a good lynch? Put my mind at ease. let me know why youre behind this lynch (without pointing to something someone else has said).
I'll go on record and say that I don't think it's good. Given recent events I would actually be happier with AP.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2385 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:14 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2271, AP wrote:apthet should probably claim target and ability given too (the benefits overweigh the downside of it).
Sure -- I don't see any downsides either so I'll just go for it. I gave CheekyTeeky friendly neighbor. I think we could probably leash this on another potential elimination target which either eliminates scumread people from the POE or boxes scum in. I kind of had a hope about potential gladiator synergy but I didn't think too deeply into it. I think it would be helpful, say, if Cheeky visited someone and they claimed no result. Then we force a gladiate between the two or something tomorrow. I assume this is why Cheeky hasn't gladiated, by the way.

AP: at first I gave it to you because you're one of the people I am most unsure about but I do think I remember pops saying that you are 100% readable to him so I figure that's enough information.
In post 2281, Dunnstral wrote:I should get the night 2 bulletproof, yes?
Seems like this comes from town. I don't feel strongly inclined to give you BP but I think it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea.
In post 2283, CheekyTeeky wrote: One of my theories is that PK is scum and so is pops, killing vecna means PK is less suspicious because he inherits a subpar town role in a hood with his buddy. Alternatively if PK were town then scum killed vecna to ensure that PK got a dud role...but then why would you let the better roles live and kill Vecna? Was Vecna largely townread?
Sure. I think that pisskop and pops both have pretty good potential to be "the deepwolf" out of the consensus townreads. But I don't think this speculation is super useful at this stage. Vecna was townread and I think that's most, if not all of the reason for the NK.
In post 2349, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 2347, Dunnstral wrote:So why does momo have the bulletproof in your proposal...?
It accomplished two things. It appeases those that scum read him and it gives protection to one of my town reads. Which I will admit is wavering a bit.
Feel like there's maybe a bit of backpedal / panic coming through this post.
In post 2374, popsofctown wrote:I don't think think apthet should claim btw. She probably gifted friendly neighbor and we don't want scum to know what slot is going to develop into a shootable IC slot.
This is a good point, but... I think I'm going to leave the claim there. I think it's efficient for town energy to move on from discussing her as a Quitter target now. Seems like there's a decent chance of that getting proposed, which would probably lead to me claiming anyway. And if scum wants to use the nightkill on someone that no one felt confident in, I'm quite okay with that. (Feel free to yell at me if this is bad. :oops: )
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2387 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:15 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2385, apthet wrote:you are 100% readable to him
Sorry,
her!!!!!

Goodness! I've made a hypocrite out of myself!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2390 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:21 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2388, popsofctown wrote:I don't know how I feel about aiming the night action the way you did in the first place, it seems optimal to aim that ability at someone more in the middleground
To me it seemed good to eliminate the option of who we're most likely to give Quitter to the next day so we can more quickly sort the people in the middleground. I think big-picture it ends up having the same town benefit.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:25 am

Post by apthet »

In post 5, callforjudgement wrote:1-shot Friendly Neighbour (Night): Once in the game at Night, choose a player other than yourself. If you are Town-aligned, the moderator will confirm that fact to the chosen player. (If you use this ability when not Town-aligned, it acts as a Visitor, i.e. it targets that player but has no further effect.)
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2432 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:00 am

Post by apthet »

Thoughts on Creature's mechanics angst as a towntell?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2436 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:07 am

Post by apthet »

At this stage I would be most happy with Lil Uzi Vert as Quitter.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2443 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:29 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2440, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 2436, apthet wrote:At this stage I would be most happy with Lil Uzi Vert as Quitter.
:neutral:
SEE now this entire post throws my whole read into turmoil! Am I just too susceptible to weird emotional logic...
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2861 (isolation #37) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:18 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2859, callforjudgement wrote:apthet is V/LA, but will be replaced regardless if she doesn't post fairly soon.
Hello everyone, I am reading now. Expect a post soon.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2862 (isolation #38) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:40 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2459, CheekyTeeky wrote:Apthet why did you out me?
Well, for one: this holds you accountable because not a lot of people trust you right now.
And see what I said about using the gladiator shot to that effect.
And now we don't have to waste time voting on wagoning you.
In post 2509, Bingle wrote:
In post 2366, pisskop wrote:jingle gets hood.
I get PR, btw, because I intend to immediately break the restriction twice and invalidate my D3 role distribution monopoly.
I really don't see town saying this. This seems like scum eager to make a politically favorable decision instead of doing what I expect town to do which is solicit proposal input from their townreads.
In post 2519, popsofctown wrote:With Creature town and PK scum, mafia eliminate Creature N1 9/10 times
Assume this is some good meta information. Will quote it for importance.
In post 2833, Bingle wrote:I'm lowkey paranoia-ing on apthet/Cheeky, but I guess that can wait til tomorrow still. Definitely give out bg tonight if town, apthet.
This feels a little omgussy but I do want to call out the townslip with the whole Vecna business, so might back off here.
Although, he did kind of awkwardly ignore when this was called out:
In post 2488, Hidden Happiness wrote:Edit: uh Vecna is dead, lo... did you mean pisskop since he's the other neighbour now
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2863 (isolation #39) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:44 am

Post by apthet »

Here are where my reads are at the moment.

Town:

Hidden Happiness
momo *
AP
pisskop
Creature *

Sort out by nightplay:

CheekyTeeky
Dunnstral

Suspicious (POE or otherwise):

popsofctown
Bingle
Lil Uzi Vert

Cannot remember anything about:

Gamma Emerald

*In the event of reevaluating my townreads I look at these people first to reassess whether or not they are town.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2864 (isolation #40) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:45 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2818, popsofctown wrote:apthet's avatar looks like a lizard. If you treat the circle as an eye, it has an elongated head that is more similar to a lizard than another animal.
This is really funny! It's actually a bird facing to the left, but the beak is kind of cropped out. I think it might be one of those duck/rabbit things. :lol: :lol:
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2866 (isolation #41) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2858, Bingle wrote:AP talked a lot about it yesterday, but tbh it’s mostly that he’s solidly in my Poe pool and I don’t see any motion that indicates that will change.

I know some people said he was obvtown D1, but I don’t think anyone has elaborated on why.
I actually think AP is a lot better today than he was yesterday. But I might have AP in my 'suspicious' pool as well. His wagon response on D1 was exactly how I would expect scum to try and derail a wagon.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2935 (isolation #42) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:23 am

Post by apthet »

In post 2872, Bingle wrote:@LUV/apthet:

Who do you want to lynch/stump?
Good question. I feel very paranoid about pops trying to delay the LUV elimination because of Cheeky association. But I am willing to wait and see for a day. And, the fact that Creature is so willing to be stumped... it makes me think he's just town. And I also worry that he stops paying attention to the game after a stump.

I'm still fine stumping Creature, though. I think I wouldn't mind stumping, say, momo. He's already pretty disengaged and that would get rid of paranoia around him. And he has the potential to be helpful for town if he decides to get back into the game. But I think he's also town. Maybe stump AP? Or eliminate AP? I'm also sort of reconsidering Hidden Happiness too. If I had to say, maybe AP as Quitter and Creature as stump.
In post 2913, Dunnstral wrote:I don't have a read on creature

Why would town be fine being treestumped?
But like, why would scum be? That's equivalent to a death for scum.
Is Creature really playing this WIFOM game? That seems not like his personality.
In post 2920, popsofctown wrote:Ok as I have recently discovered her name also changes to Beautiful and Intelligent Scholarship Student Isis.
Beautiful and intelligent popsofctown.
In post 1576, apthet wrote:I will somewhat whimsically guess at a team of Titus / Lil Uzi Vert / popsofctown.
D2's Apthet Guess: Lil Uzi Vert / AP / Hidden Happiness. I am prepared to be egged in the face postgame for my levels of wrong.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2936 (isolation #43) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:29 am

Post by apthet »

I considered LUV / AP / pops. But there are a lot of town things that pops is saying (I mean she's not like a near-universal townread for no reason). And she would have had to not used the rolestop or the kill. I think pops was an unexpected Motion Detector choice... yes. I think that points to town there.

But the associations make so much sense!! Weak bussing between AP and pops, and pops / LUV... Maybe AP doesn't make sense with LUV bc of the proposal. It is a little forward. But not out of the question. I think it would be a restrictive policy for scum to decide never to bus in the proposal.

I really need to see a LUV flip, I think.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2937 (isolation #44) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:34 am

Post by apthet »

Thinking about it, I feel that Cheeky really does have a solid chance to flip scum as well though.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2987 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by apthet »

momo is a fine stump.

Something is very offputting to me about this game state.
Scumreads are too consensus, maybe. Feels like that means scum is very comfortable right now.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3035 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:54 am

Post by apthet »

VOTE: AP
VOTE: Against

popsofctown just a question: does it matter to you that I don't townread you?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3055 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 3037, popsofctown wrote:But aside from the gamestate I wanna be friends and it hurts my feelings that you don't townread me.
I'm definitely warming up to the idea. Also -- if Creature is flipping then I'll say Creature/AP as Stump/Quitter is okay by me. I still prefer momo/AP.
In post 3053, Creature wrote:Oh, Jingle has the supreme authority for D3

He has his shot to do things right there otherwise he's outed scum
Jingle will probably agree to some sort of democratic solution to leashing the proposal. Even if he is scum, he is very concerned with appearing politic.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3186 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:32 pm

Post by apthet »

Who are your teammates?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3187 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by apthet »

Wait, give me a chance for apthet's Whimsical and Final D3 Guess.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3192 (isolation #50) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by apthet »

Bingle / Hidden Happiness / Gamma Emerald
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3194 (isolation #51) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by apthet »

Oh crap, I need to fulfill popsofctown's wincon before callforjudgement sees this.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3198 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by apthet »

Please tell me who your teammates are.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3201 (isolation #53) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by apthet »

:roll:
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3202 (isolation #54) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by apthet »

Alright, I guess you've earned to right to showboat. See you in the morning.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3302 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:42 am

Post by apthet »

It's sort of reassuring to see that I was slowly getting closer to the truth of the matter with Hidden Happiness & Bingle compared to how off I was on D1, but I don't think that I would have solved even with an extra day. I would definitely have been distracted by AP. Definitely a fun game to play but it didn't seem like we had much of a chance.
sometimes i want to rest

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”