Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4397 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4311, Thestatusquo wrote:I will say, that I think the PT mechanic is super interesting and reusable but also if I ever tell anyone I'm running a game where I have to send each vt an individual role PM and make 5 different PTs every night with the right privs and then remove them all the next day please slap me in the fucking face. thx.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4403 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Jingle »

FWIW, the true utility of the scum-vig-shot was always going to be in the late game if it came up and I don't necessarily disagree with the choice to not use it early on.

Spectating the game was a ton of fun, and I'm perfectly happy with how it turned out. Did scum get stomped? Sure. But I think scum got stomped because of good synergy between the town players and the mutual recognition of towniness, not because of any flaw in the game itself.

Outside of the special mechanics, the game was:

Town RB
Town Gated Almost Motion Detector
All VTs are neighbors

V

4 Goons

The task victory was actually impossible if the Disruptor wasn't blocked or limmed, and scum had the potential to double kill and WIFOM it in the late game if town went for the task victory. The post restrictions were a giant distraction for town as well.

It is a valid complaint that this game supported landslide victories (scum was far likelier to win with a full team than any other way) but that's not really a balance issue and the task victory actually helped solve the sitting and waiting to lose problem that such games usually suffer from. Imagine if you'd had to wait four more days to actually eliminate Cakez and how much more frustrating that would have been for everyone.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4433 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4427, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 4424, MathBlade wrote:*pokes* May I have a nickname kind sir?
Hmm. It's hard to know what I would have given you at the time, but right now I'm feeling "Occam".

I gave "Steve" to Gamma not because of anything Gamma did but because the idea of anybody just getting the nickname "Steve" amused me, and the reaction when I dropped it in the thread was exactly everything I had hoped for.

As for Two Sheds, I've always loved the format of Firstname "Nickname" Lastname, and it amused me to reference this classic Monty Python sketch:

Arthur No Sheds Jackson.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4452 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4434, OutWorldER wrote:the only PR I flat-out didn't like was the quotes one. Other than that I thought they were generally well-thought out.
I think the quotes one would have been a lot more of a problem without forewarning. As it was, there was a full dayphase where quotes for the restriction could have been set up to aid in communication later.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”