Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Litral »

Welcome me!

I will now read.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Litral »

Okay, I read up to page 14, realize I have two days left, realized the posts were realllly long, and decided to post my mission critical data here, first.

First of all, Lord Hur is probably scum.
vote: lord_hur
. This is because I think at least one of lord_hur and Patrick is scum. If both were town, Kison would not have wanted to explode, as he didn't know whether or not there were any scum on his side coming in; he may have instantly lost the game (for his side). It could also be Patrick but I think he's townier. He made some of the most critical analysis in this game. Also I think at most one of them is scum.

Check this out:

Greasy Spot! (town)

PopularTajo! (town)

Alabaska J! (scum)

Lord Hur! (???)

Mnowax! (town)

Nightson! (town)

and finally...

FaerieLord! (town)

Only one scum among seven seems unlikely; it creates a pretty bad scenario for the scum especially with all the town power roles, unless you're the sort of evil mod that likes looking at paranoid people in an all-vanilla setup. Based on these two good reasons I think there are fairly good odds Lord Hur is both scum and on the same team as Kison.

I know, I'm trying to outguess the scum AND outguess the mod at the same time, but I think I'm being logical.
Battle Mage wrote:
He was unmasked, and strung up, but unfortunately, not in that order.
Love this flavor. Lol.

Unfortunately, most of the "scumtells" I've picked up are about ashmite, which... is indeed unfortunate.

Second of all, please do something for me.
Litral wrote:0
Add 1 every time you post - it has to be in this form, with the quote author being me. It actually starts at 1, but I can't add it myself. It has to reach some number I don't know. And you have to post actual content with this - you can't just post this. Also, if you think you can do something that will increase the number but get mith on you, don't do it.

If you doubt me, I have two arguments for you. First argument: Why would scum get such a roundabout, ridiculous role? They could just get their partners to count for them. Second argument: I'm pro-town, as I will clearly demonstrate as I continue posting.

Help me help the town.

For obvious reasons I won't comment on any other player alive.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:06 am

Post by Litral »

I read what you said. Still there's probably no such role as a single lone human bomb (since it'd be very difficult to judge when it would win), so he probably had a partner who was alive. Instead of saying I didn't read anything you said, you could refute my arguments, since my arguments don't relate to what you said earlier.

The "obvious thing" is that you two are the only people alive who have posted enough content to comment about, I commented on you two, I can't really comment on anyone else :P

You
could
, of course, give a plausible scenario under which Kison had no buddies alive and still decided to explode. Yes, I think the "keep me alive" thing was fake - the flavor is wrong, a much more concise way to write his role would be "two people must post Hiroshima every 48 hours for you to stay alive"; the "one person would give me one real life day" thing is just a meaningless addition which makes the whole role sound fake.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:07 am

Post by Litral »

There is another rule about incrementation, but it's rather loose, so if you just follow what I said it doesn't matter.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:47 am

Post by Litral »

So your point is that, it doesn't matter if you're scum, you think we should all believe you and lynch Patrick?

Reading what you write doesn't mean I believe it.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Litral »

Lawrencelot wrote: 1) Do you think it is possible that at any point of the game there are no scum alive? Why / why not?
2) What do you think triggers the timing, amount and alignments of new people joining the game?
In this particular game? I don't think so.

If lord_hur turns up town, the way BM introduced the second batch would indicate that he does not allow a no scum scenario; he introduced the second batch one hour after the only scum in the game at that time was killed.

If lord_hur is scum, it is as of yet mere coincidence that there is always lord_hur the scum alive. Then I don't know about the way BM does things.
3) In which situation would no lynch not be a bad option in this game?
Endgame scenarios only.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Litral »

Internet down for almost a week :/

I read back, not much happening since I last posted. People clarifying ideas, fosing and being fosed in response, etc.

Meh, if you guys aren't counting, that's fine as well, it's not as if I lose immediately, but you'll regret it. *sulks*
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Litral »

We've just been bombed by someone pretending to help town, remember.
Eh, true, true. Doesn't matter much anyway...
Plus, qualifying all our play since you've left as meaningless isn't helping.
Not really... just that nothing is interesting enough for scumhunting material.
And finally (but it only concerns me, I guess) your vote on me, which is seriously unbacked up (Patrick's "critical analysis"? that he is a skilled player doesn't mean he's town ; also, my only scum win was mainly due to me apparently doing most of the hunting and analysis).
I've liked his analysis so far and it makes me think he is town. I could go into it if you want.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Litral »

You said that a while ago.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Litral »

Well, let's say it this way, there's this rule about revealing your role, but obviously I can't satisfy mine without divulging
something
, but that something is hard to judge... so a certain person judged.

Which means I'm not sure I can write more.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by Litral »

Plenty of interesting flavor arguments here, I think, I'll read and respond later...
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Litral »

Okay, I'm back. Will now read. Thanks Tony.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Litral »

I read the case against Patrick. I don't think it's good enough for us to only consider him as a choice; then again, there isn't enough material on other people for me to vote anyone else yet. The reasons for those four voting for him do not impress me, though.

Thanks for the coins Lawrencelot. Not sure what to do with it though.... hmm...
I'll buy the vodka shots.
And thanks for the counting.

I have a thought. Who thinks there is a good reason for BM to introduce The Fonz and MafiaSSK, except "we want more people to play"?

There is the choice of letting Patrick go just because if he is scum and he kills again we will lynch him immediately, thus making him ineffective scum; this has the disadvantage of possibly being a timed bomb and the advantage of suppressing a kill if he has a partner. So I think we should only do this if there's a better candidate.

I'm going to see if there's anyone I want dead more than Patrick when I get back. I'll be voting if there's no one else. So far I think forbiddanlight is acting a bit weird.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Post by Litral »

Killing someone because you think they won't contribute is pretty bad.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Litral »

Anyone care to play with quoting my numbers while we wait for happy hour to end? It's up to 2 now.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Litral »

Why do the officers do that? It's kinda... well... teaches you not to trust your superiors. And I'm not sure they want to teach that.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Litral »

Yay, go go go :D

Fonz, it's kinda like Day One/Day Two for the rest of us here.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Litral »

Because
my secret ability is to kill whomever says numbers
I have a Yoshi avatar.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Litral »

Cause I kinda asked for it earlier. It clearly does me good, since I asked for it; whether or not I = town is your judgment.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Litral »

Ah, forgot about this, the hangover was pretty bad.

I got prodded, and will read now, and post something in a few minutes...
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Litral »

farside22 wrote:I think we need to settle this by hearing from the other two who were effected.
mod: please prod literal and landlord
What do you need to know from me? Is there something I can say except continuously proclaiming my innocence?
MafiaSSK wrote: Kay then. I'm JFK and I can vote but I also have a special responsibility which is to make sure my fellow townies don't drink any alchol.
Bit late, but what's a JFK?
Lawrencelot wrote:I'll check the pm which I got again:

Hm it literally said that I went to my home. I don't think that means that I can't be targeted, in normal mafia flavor the kill targets are in their homes sleeping right?

Did everybody tell what their drinks did yet?
I immediately received (after BM closed the pub) that I decided to go home to sleep off my drunkenness, thus I will be unable to post for the day.

I disagree with a hypoclaim. I have to say it gives more info to the scum than to us. A hypocop is different - you get info every day, and it's mainly useful when the days stack up and we think the cop shouldn't have to claim. The scum only gets info when some guy makes the mistake of saying scum is town (and that's assuming there's no evidence of cops with different sanities). But a hypodoc - I'm assuming you mean we claim who we protected - if the scum did in fact kill, they will know immediately which few people are possible candidates (they protected their kill target) and kill the guy. And from this kill we still know nothing about who's scum. I don't even know what sort of information we can deduce from a hypodoc or a hyporb claim, except possibly one more innocent.
The Fonz wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

Except that in this case, scum don't know if the kill was stopped by doc, rb, or jk, so they don't know what they're looking for.
LEt's say it was a doc protect. They claim and their protection. It matches the scum kill. WHOOOPS! Rb claims, say they blocked a supposed scum. The scum know who they are. They kill the Rb. We might catch a scum. There's still WIFOM. WHOOPS
Same problem with Jailkeeper.
OK, I'd like you to rewrite this so it makes any kind of sense.
It makes sense. By hypodoc-ing and hyporb-ing, we only tell the scum who the possible docs and rbs are, since they can easily tell which ones are valid. If they manage to deduce it, they kill. If they don't, they kill some random guy, and that might still work, but the RB's claimed blocks point to other people. Even if they know, they might just save the information for later and kill randomly. We who are aware of this mindset cannot but be trapped in WIFOM, imagining that they must have killed for a reason, but perhaps it is that they think we consider this reason that they killed for no reason.
Lawrencelot wrote:But this can be solved, I think, by letting no more than 3 different targets in total be claimed.
We don't have a lot of people. Let's say two scum are here with us. This means that there are only 2 or possibly 3 candidates for the true doc/rbs.

So in conclusion, my opinion is that the info we can gain is extremely little: for the doc, just a possible inno (not even an inno if we have more than one scum group or third party people); for the RB, a possible scum (but there being an RB is unlikely). However, the info we give to the scum is a lot.

I have to ask something. If we know someone is a third party role, do we lynch them? Because I think MafiaSSK could be a third party role. Drinking alcohol doesn't seem to be an action that is pre-defined as against the town or for the town, so arguing against it doesn't seem to help or harm the town, either.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Litral »

I targeted farside.

Is MafiaSSK at L-1?
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Litral »

MafiaSSK wrote:I haven't targeted anyone as my role has no abilities.
It's a nice claim... for lynching.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Litral »

Nicely done, town :D

I liked my role. Very interesting - although it was somewhat difficult. The simplest way would be to argue a lot with different players in huge quote wars, but that would probably get me lynched immediately.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”