he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:43 am

Post by Equinox »

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME THIS SHIT HAPPENS

Vote: Total War

Enjoy your two in-game Days of miserable pain!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Equinox »

Two whole Days where we can't nuke the hydras talking to themselves in the game thread into oblivion, Lord help me.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2925 (isolation #2) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Equinox »

I'll look at the wagons later, but running with the thought brought up earlier (with which I agree) that the Russians are likely inexperienced, that rules out Cephrir, gorilla, Toogeloo, and Vaxkiller for group scum. I had town reads of Cephrir and gorilla anyway, and Vaxkiller's hard defense of VFP yesterday still boggles my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would really like to hear from Koto, Robert M Hunter, and T3 today. xRECKONERx swore to me that DeathNote is town, but I'd really like to hear from DeathNote himself.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2937 (isolation #3) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Equinox »

Embrace the fact that you will die a radioactive death in this game.

Also, don't abort nukes unless you've got a very good reason for no longer wanting that nuke to land because (a) you'll have confirmed that you're a silo and (b) you lose the nuke until the next Day phase.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2945 (isolation #4) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2941, Save The Dragons wrote:almost want to nuke equinox for calling me inexperienced
I should have clarified that I meant inexperienced with DEFCON. I would have expected mastina to give the rundown on how DEFCON works given that she was in the last one, but many things confuse me in this life.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2950 (isolation #5) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2944, T3 wrote:DeathNote, troop? (or get nuked)
What happened in the intervening 16 minutes that lead you to post to DeathNote (and only to DeathNote) twice?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2990 (isolation #6) » Fri May 14, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2948, The Church of Skitter wrote:oh btw set up question
The terrorist can have nukes right or does he have to go troops?
SirCakez?

My recollection is that GreyICE (the terrorist in the last game) didn't publicly nuke people, but he also drew two troops. Katsuki (the terrorist in the game before last) drew a missile silo and a troop.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #3123 (isolation #7) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 3116, Cephrir wrote:Dear Equinox,

I hope this missive finds you well. If you could spare a moment from your busy schedule undermining the bourgeoisie, I would greatly appreciate some of your input vis a vis who is scum and also why. I will send this message via carrier pidgeon in the Hope's this will make it more worthy of your esteemed attention than the game at large appears to be at this time.

Sincerely,
Cephrir
Just for you, darling.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #3127 (isolation #8) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Equinox »

It's midnight and I want to go to bed, so I'm going to shoot from the hip and look at vote counts sometime tomorrow. From a quick sort, acknowledging that my reading of this game has been piecemeal:

DeathNote - I'm going to trust xRECKONERx on this one and say that DeathNote is town, but that's moot now.
gorilla - Town.
innocentvillager - I'm of the opinion that Mognet would not have been that aggressive about saving mastina at that point in the game, so this slot is likely town. I'm reserving judgment on whether or not this nuke should be recalled because I'm more interested in what Nexus does.
Koto - As much as I hate to bring outside influences into this, I strongly doubt Merlot would have replaced out in the circumstance that she did if she were scum. The frustration with my slot would not have been the same.

Bell - People who I think are town are really sold on this slot being town, so I'll buy that even though I have no idea who Bell is. Sorry, Bell.
Cephrir - Town, probably? Gut read.
joqiza - Seems proactively town.
T3 - On the one hand, I didn't like T3's play and told xRECKONERx that there was a decent chance that I had a problem with T3's play style (which would be NAI). On the other hand, I'm still trying to puzzle out how scum handled the draft and I have baseline suspicion of everyone claiming (or having confirmed) troop drafts. On the other other hand, eh, that Fail Safe claim's okay maybe?
Vaxkiller - Literally the only reason I have Vaxkiller as maybe town is that I think the combination of mastina and Vaxkiller on the same team would've resulted in a scum team doing better than Eavesdropper and Fallout Shelter, since both have played DEFCON before. Vaxkiller's reads seem topsy-turvy to me, especially when they're presented so confidently after VFP flipped.

DeasVail - No idea.
Nexus - I had a gut read of town on Day 1, but I'm running low on people who I don't read as town so "good enough for Day 1" is no longer good enough.
samantha97 - samantha97 gunning to vote against total war was ballsy, and my thinking earlier in the game was that samantha97 trying to do it to deny scum kills when the reality was that delaying total war granted scum a Night kill (and terrorist two Night kills, but I'm not hunting SK for now) made samantha97 more likely to be town than scum. It's a weird mistake to make as scum and I don't think scum would've deliberately done that. On the other hand, like with Vaxkiller, samantha97's reads seem upside-down to me, and samantha97 doesn't have the benefit of having played DEFCON before (i.e. I'm still running with the hypothesis that scum, apart from mastina, are relatively inexperienced with DEFCON).
Save The Dragons - No idea.
The Church of Skitter - No idea.
Titus - I felt I was on the same wavelength as Titus during the thing with Mognet, but I never sorted out if that was alignment-indicative or just that we happened to be similarly frustrated.
Toogeloo - Even less of an idea than any of the other three about whom I don't have an idea.

marry - I remember being okay with letting marry live for some reason earlier in the game, but I'm liking this slot less and less.
Robert M Hunter - Ugh. Ugggghhhhh. I'd throw down a vote here if it weren't for the risk of the elimination threshold suddenly dropping due to nukes, so consider this as where I'd park my vote. Grabbing Counterintelligence to keep it away from scum is one thing; someone said earlier that the problem isn't that he took Counterintelligence but that he's done practically nothing else.

So, that's where I'm at. I don't like that I don't have any actual scum reads -- even though my ego swelled like a balloon after VFP flipped -- or that they're on relatively easy targets, so I feel like I'm missing something big. Alternatively, since my level of fucks is fairly low, I could just do something about PoE and let thermonuclear war sort it out.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #3426 (isolation #9) » Sun May 16, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Equinox »

Sorry for going silent. Been feeling crappy and then wanted to avoid playing Mafia.

There are probably two Russians left and the terrorist, so I'm going to play those odds. If there is a reason why I shouldn't aim at marry or Toogeloo in the near future, then speak now. Otherwise, despite being quite wrong about Koto, I am still confident about my town reads and still feel strongly about pursuing those who aren't claiming silos.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #3477 (isolation #10) » Mon May 17, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 3476, Toogeloo wrote:I'm not being nuked or lynched today.
How's that?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #3502 (isolation #11) » Mon May 17, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Equinox »

Fuck this smug and coy "I can be read only between the lines" bullshit.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #3525 (isolation #12) » Mon May 17, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 3505, Toogeloo wrote:If you know me, you should know in every game I ever play, I always either claim outright, or drop crumbs.
Thanks for proving my point. Sorry for not knowing you so intimately!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #4878 (isolation #13) » Mon May 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Equinox »

Thank you all for the game, and special thanks to SirCakez for running it and JohnnyFarrar for taking over. I'm sorry for my part in the toxicity.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”