Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2645 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Prism »

Yep, I deserved that L, not too surprising. My fault.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2650 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Prism »

I really checked out of the game mentally after Day 1, but I think it's clear my reads were horrific this game with both of my top scumreads flipping town. My townreads were actually pretty solid and it took an extremely clever claim and a good bit of luck for Retti to slip in, but this was little consolation.

I think there were a few different ways to catch Retti here but my biggest regret is not just spending more time on VFP town, because it was very obvious to me Day 7 that Retti's reactions to myself and VFP were horrifically off.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2653 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Prism »

Sam's role actually wound up being positive EV for town here, which is still absolutely hilarious to me. This was 100% a game lost by play between us voting Drapion and me voting out VFP, as Sam gave us at least one extra elimination.

Retti pointed this out to me already but he also quickly recovered from putting himself into mechanical autoloss with the gambit claim, which I really should have caught as well.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2661 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Prism »

Mechanically I think this setup was fascinating and overall a good job by MariaR. I don't think town was too overpowered though poor scumplay by everyone not named Retti (sorry) really drove the team into a corner.

I really doubt that Sam winding up being a +EV town serial killer was intentional but absolutely hilarious and a bit endearing.

Qualitatively, I don't want to blame lack of effort for my wrong hammer, Retti played well and I played like trash, but I have a lot of regrets and spent every night hoping I would get NK'd or vigged.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2664 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Prism »

Maria-the dead PT is still locked, and I'm a masochist who wants the blame.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2676 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Prism »

From the perspective of a town player this game, you put the entire team into a massive hole and single-handedly doomed a rolecop slot Day 1 with strictly divergent play. I don't want to touch on whether the replaceout was game-related or due to irl concerns.

We watched you flake out of two games, which temporarily bought the slot reprieve from me. You flipped scum in the other, which left voting you here extremely straightforward. You were signed up to play in DEFCON the entire time, which started shortly thereafter, and were quite active there. While you were doing that Retti got the honor of fighting off autoloss tooth and nail against a very tough table
virtually by himself
though Andante also gave a good effort

Retti had to pull off one of the hard carries of the year over the course of months. I do not blame him at all for being so upset. I think it says a lot that rather than immediately celebrating what is again one of the hardest carryjobs of the last year or two, he took the time to single out how deeply frustrating this was for him.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2677 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:45 pm

Post by Prism »

The fact he is not overjoyed at the win is legitimately mind-blowing to me given how much of an accomplishment it was, even if imperfect. It says a lot about how miserable the experience must have been, and I think a lot of that rightfully falls on your Day 1.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2679 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Very Ben Shapiro, suit yourself and ignore the feedback if you wish.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2690 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2682, Bell wrote:You're knocking over who you think I am, not who I am.
I held off of weighing in on the specific motivation for replacing out, and focused on the tangible result. I have no other comments other than that it seems like you took my response very personally, which was not at all intentional and makes the discussion a source of discomfort for me.

I don't see a reason to continue but we can do so via PM if you want.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”