Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Sharing the Brain Cell »

In post 56, WhemeStar wrote:The only Pokémon I’ve played is Pokémon go

Charizard is a cool dragon Though glad I got him
but you forgot to Pokemon Go to the polls and vote someone? smh.

VOTE: whemestar

PS: how did I completely miss the fact mastina is in this, I definitely looked at the playerlist multiple times and definitely did not see her name there o_O

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:10 pm

y'all have mercy with the fast posting, I'm on mobile lmao

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:14 pm

I also thought scum was people. but then again I also got excited earlier because I thought our role confirmed no third party. and it does! but uhhhhh so does the ruleset whoops

my brain, like the moon, is made of swiss cheese.

shoulda been lunatone smh
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:23 pm

so, calling it now, this is gonna be one of those games that I don't reread ever due to its pagecount.

-q (last post was also me, but also like... trust me it'll be obvious if it's not lol)
Firebringer wrote:Back in my day
get off my lawn.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:30 pm

In post 114, WhemeStar wrote:can we put early pressure on mastina and see their reaction?

VOTE: mastina
I'm already voting you, but mispronouning is a scumclaim tbh

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:47 pm

In post 165, SleepyKrew wrote:have yall considered that the scum are just named Team Rocket and aren't actually mons Team Rocket used in the show. like trying to figure them out seems pointless
It does seem like a much better rabbit hole to go down after a scum flip, rather than before.

-B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:13 pm

In post 257, Thestatusquo wrote:
F
I
R
S
T

S
E
R
I
O
U
S

V
O
T
E

T
I
M
E

VOTE: STD
call me a Wooloo because baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@wheme: Mastina uses she pronouns. you used "their" in reference to her. that's what we were referring to.

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:20 pm

do firebringer and STD have game history together? some of their back and forth before the shea vote on STD pings me weird, but then it occurred to me halfway through the thought that some people actually play mafia more than once a century and might be familiar with others who aren't particularly discussion-side.

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:54 pm

What about Wheme? Is "cool" an alignment read?

-B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:32 pm

In post 311, Gypyx wrote:most major thing is that i doubt scum would do the charizard fake claim thingy
I had a null takeaway on that because the ruleset openly limits the gens to 2 and 3, and I don't think fakeclaiming an obviously fake claim is likely to mean anything more than early-game shitposting.

Also, pretty sure I know what pokemon Mastina is claiming, but not sure if there's any benefit/detriment to saying. I
will
say I'm trying to think if there's a scummy equivalent that would want to be targeted, (something that steals your ability or something?) and I can't think of anything. So for now I'm thinking that's probably a legit town claim?

@Mastina: do you know what happens if you get targeted by multiple people in the same night?

- B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:07 am

In post 357, mastina wrote:Then it works in the way laid out in my role PM. Will claim that interaction if more folks think it's a good idea for me to.
I think you know the answer to the question of "should I give out this info?" better than anyone else besides the mods, and I think that, if you're town (and we feel pretty sure you are at this juncture), you shouldn't allow others' opinions to sway you too easily in case some of those opinions come from scum who are like, idk, hunting for powerful powers or something.

like, if it would be terrible for town to have too many people target you, that might be a circumstance in which you wanna fullclaim? But again, only you and the mods know that.

- q and b. we both contributed to this post. with our powers combined...???!?!?!
....yeah, still only one brain cell.
Please be patient. We only have one braincell, and we have to take turns with it.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:06 am

In post 403, esuriospiritus wrote:
In post 387, chowchow wrote:
Spoiler: img

VOTE: std

~ chowchow
hello, use your words please. like actual words, not pokemon babble and not drawings.

VOTE: chowchow

avoiding giving actual content combined with the leap onto the current (I think?) biggest wagon pings scummy to me. haven't decided yet if I think it's scum leaping on a scum wagon or if I think this makes STD more likely to be town, but I also think scum-team speculation is useless at best and anti-town at worst on day one so, mehhhh I'll just make a note of that part for later evaluation I guess (and maybe also see what B. thinks) idk.

-q
shit lmao
Please be patient. We only have one braincell, and we have to take turns with it.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:28 am

In post 405, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: esuriospiritus
not sure if joke, but if it's not then you want to be voting this account, not esurio. I am not in this game as esurio. :P

we even selected a different forum skin for this account than the one I use on main, and I
still
fucked it up smh.

good thing we decided not to be anonymous in pregame I guess.

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:36 am

I'm WIFOMing myself here, but I do wonder if scum would be this obstinate about continuing to do the blatantly anti-town thing.

and then that most recent post.

hmm.

yeah okay whatever back to this for now

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:43 am

In post 412, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 407, Sharing the Brain Cell wrote:
In post 405, WhemeStar wrote:VOTE: esuriospiritus
not sure if joke, but if it's not then you want to be voting this account, not esurio. I am not in this game as esurio. :P

we even selected a different forum skin for this account than the one I use on main, and I
still
fucked it up smh.

good thing we decided not to be anonymous in pregame I guess.

-q
I didnt know that was you I just didnt like the post so I copied the long name and voted it.

Sorry.
no, you don't have to apologize, I just wanted to make sure you knew.

you might wanna change your vote though because I just iso'd you and it's currently on mastina, assuming the vote: esurio doesn't count.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #522 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:04 am

In post 491, SirCakez wrote:this is so over-explained and gross
I think this is the only reason anyone has given so far for voting us, so... fuck us for trying to be open about our thought process, but also thanks I guess?

also sure I'll second the question at milo re: townreading us

cuz going against the grain here on what might currently be the leading wagon actually makes me more suspicious than I am at the people doing mostly contentless votes on us

and then I think "maybe don't openly suspect and thus alienate the only person townreading you besides kinda mastina" but ehhhh fuck it if I go down I'll at least go down scumhunting

pedit: ten million posts since I started this post, guess that's my fault for getting distracted partway thru. I'll catch up after posting this, sorry not sorry if it's already irrelevant

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:18 am

fwiw my single even remotely recent game was scum, everything else is so far back that it's probably not even worth mentioning.

That scum game was shea's bad idea mafia (iii, I think?) if anyone feels like doing meta

I'd find and link it myself but im on mobile so... nah

pedit: what is going on with y'all TIL, do you not chat amongst yourselves at all

the dissonance is giving me a headache

- q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:30 am

In post 585, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 583, T3 wrote:
In post 315, mastina wrote:Yo, will be back here to read and give reads later but for now just wanted to claim this;
I am a 1x reflexive role-copier
; I will get a one-shot copy of the first power to target me. So,
if you think your power is pretty damn strong especially if a second player can use it, you should target me N1
hmmmmmm
THIS DID NOT NEED TO BE A POST
most of T3s posts didn't need to be posts

@T3: could you like... not? and just do a reads post with a lil reasoning once you're caught up? thanks

B. and I will be around later tonight, it is time to be unconscious zzzz (I am hoping that posting this will encourage me to actually sleep and stop refreshing the thread so if you continue to see me posting I failed lol)

pedit: okay I think I'm late to the party on this but I'm townreading Wisdom now for trying to get people to not vote his townread, even tho I still disagree re: STD and obviously myself

- q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #617 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:40 am

okay one more thing actually: might reassess STD vote and talk with B about it when we're around later, see if B noticed anything I didn't, and go from there. thought process (because fuck your modern meta, I'm still gonna keep elaborating): I'm townreading people who are townreading STD and I feel like there's been a lot of slot interactions since then that are worth giving a closer look. I don't want scum-STD to slip away by posting less and slipping under the radar, but I also think there's probably something I've missed since our initial STD vote that is a more concrete reason to be voting someone, and I just kinda feel like my first big scumread of the first day is prooooooobably not correct because that would be too easy and I'm probably still better at correct townreads than correct scumreads. maybe that's me wifoming myself again tho. B is a more decisive person in general so maybe he'll be more useful lol.

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:49 am

In post 618, Save The Dragons wrote:does it sound like i'm going away
no but you're still not actually *saying* anything with your posts so voting you is honestly kinda boring regardless of my read.

LAST POST FOR REAL OKAY ZZZ NOW BYE

pedit: okay who tf is auro

- q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #769 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:02 pm

In post 617, Sharing the Brain Cell wrote:might reassess STD vote
Nope. I'm happy sticking with this. Active in the game but almost completely contentless. Not really committing to any reads or anything, just kinda there.

The Whemestar interaction around the Mareep claim is the most signal we've gotten out of their noise, but I don't think it's alignment indicative. (I did get a good laugh out of "I'm mareep, you dolt" though. Kudos.)
In post 669, Truth Innuendos Lies wrote:@brain, why do so many of your posts have so many words and so little content?
1) Rich, coming from the slot that went "writing 400 posts about whether an anonymous hydra does or does not contain a particular player is a good use of my time".
2) Have you seen the way Quinn talks normally? They either blather on for 40 pages or they post a one-liner. It's what they do.

I think TIL is town, despite my annoyance at their question (and honestly wishing I thought the chowchow fixation made them scum because that's also annoying), but there's gotta be at least two scum on our wagon now just by like... math.

With that in mind, my reads on this:
Sharing the Brain Cell (6): SirCakez, Firebringer, Whemestar, Wisdom, Gypyx, Truth innuendos Lies
Town (6): Null, Slight town, leaning scum, town, null leaning scum, town.

Would be happy to vote either Whemestar or Gypyx if those wagons pick up/the STD one dies.

I'll also say it's frustrating that even the people I think are town on our wagon don't really have any reasoning behind their votes and aren't trying to ask us questions or etc. in order to assess their read further? I feel like we've given plenty of feedback on what STD has done that reads scummy to us, and plenty of reads in general, and it's frustrating to have that reciprocated. There's no case (and therefore nothing to respond to), it's mostly just people not vibing with our tone. To which I say: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We're both neurodivergent. Deal with it.

- B.

PEDIT: T3 is a leanscum too but I think my confidence goes STD >> Whemestar >>>>> Gypyx >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T3.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #770 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:03 pm

In particular:
In post 761, T3 wrote:You're arguing that oneliners are scummy
We're really,
really
not. Hella misrep, my dude.

- B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #772 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:06 pm

In post 769, Sharing the Brain Cell wrote:frustrating to have that reciprocated.
Frustrating to not* have that reciprocated.

Ugh.

- B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #773 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:07 pm

In post 770, Sharing the Brain Cell wrote:In particular:
In post 761, T3 wrote:You're arguing that oneliners are scummy
We're really,
really
not. Hella misrep, my dude.

- B.
More on this:

Wisdom is literally my strongest townread right now and has nothing
but
one-liners, so ????

- B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #776 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:08 pm

Okay, yeah, I've convinced myself. T3 can be scum with the rest.

- B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #777 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:11 pm

In post 775, Milobird wrote:
In post 730, Wisdom wrote:fb Nancy is town

Put her in the first boxes with me
How is Gyphx not dead yet, iso him.
Seriously.

-Bell
Can you elaborate on this? I'll concede my read on Gypyx is mostly a gut feeling, so it would be great to know if you've got anything more concrete.

Unless it's meta. I'm not jumping down rabbit holes trying to meta a fuckton of people I don't know.

- B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #784 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:25 pm

man, people really don't even try to compile cases anymore do they smh. back in my day, the serious town walked uphill both ways in the snow just to chisel out a wallpost case on our stone tablets, and this game would be at a quarter of its current pagecount. also, I'm never gonna stop blathering. the point of a game is to have fun, yes? stream of consciousness is more fun than editing for conciseness. you can deal with that, too. <3

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #787 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:27 pm

ralts, why is your vote still on firebringer?

-q
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #789 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:29 pm

In post 786, Firebringer wrote: is anyone complaining about ur posts being long
In post 669, Truth Innuendos Lies wrote:@brain, why do so many of your posts have so many words and so little content?
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #949 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:10 am

In post 945, esuriospiritus wrote:VOTE: Gypyx

@TIL: "complaining" is definitely how we interpreted it. I think we've actually been quite full of content and I'm not sure how you interpret us as not. We've given tons of reads and most stuff that isn't reads is thought process explaining those reads. Also... thought 400 would be an obviously large number enough to make it clear we were exaggerating. Apparently not.

What is NIA?

Probably our only post for the day; we both have stuff going on irl. As Gary would say, smell ya later.

- B.
Sigh. This is what we get for sharing a computer.

- B.
Sharing the Brain Cell
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Sharing the Brain Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1063 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:44 pm

In post 1060, Alexandrite wrote:Someone explain the brain cell scumcase because they stole that braincell from me.

Also I'd like to add that wisdom is giving scum!pings to me

- Meg
there isn't one, because a) they aren't even pretending to have a reason or b) it's just "lol tone", which is a bit like picking on the weird kid at the party for being weird and being unaware of the latest social calculus. like, thanks. we know. thanks for rubbing it in.

and knowing we get vindicated in the end when we townflip isn't really a comfort when it saps enjoyment out of the fucking game.

on that note...

@Mod: replace us. sorry, and thanks.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”