Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #124 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Aisa »

There is this minigame I like to play from time to time called "guess the head". I'm particularly intrigued by who is Mumps, who is Measles, and who is Rubella.
In post 100, Frozen Angel wrote:[...]
But that doesn't matter to me as much as how you contradicted yourself on tone there in a way later on, at first saying yeah its a town read and both heads of hydra fully agree and then falling back on the read and claiming its just a hunch practically without any other development in game to justify the tone switch. Like I don't hold people responsible that much for their page 2 reads but I'm looking for people developments from one point to another to judge if it was faked or not
I'm pretty sure it was just slightly unfortunate wording on Greeting's part. He could have said "FA is towny" instead of "FA is town" in the initial post and then we wouldn't be here having this discussion.

I realise this is an easy thing to say to cover up an apparent inconsistency after the posts have been made. I don't think there's anything more I can do to change minds at this point, so I'm gonna move on.
In post 87, Frozen Angel wrote:[...]
what are your reads besides that "level 0" town read on my slot from everything else that's being said?
Just from browsing the thread right now, and without having discussed with Greeting, I feel like the Past Present Future slot might be Town. Call it vibes idk, just feel like their posting is on par for the course so far.

I'm gonna take it slow I think, I don't really know how to handle a good chunk of the playerlist and I don't really know what to do with the multiball aspect of the game.

-Aisa
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8891 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:01 pm

Post by Aisa »

Wooooooo! This game is over. What an undertaking for Meg, Koba, and the players who survived until the end.

All the replacements were amazing, even those who didn’t quite *want* to be here ;) but did it anyway to help out.

It was really satisfying to watch the town gradually re-find its way, and though I didn’t read every single word, a lot of you had scumhunting styles that were just
fun
to follow along with. Also props to Nancy not just for a strong scum performance, but also for keeping it up for three months.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8892 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by Aisa »

In post 8873, MegAzumarill wrote:
Spoiler: The High Quality Mod Thread
Premise: I love your threads with oddball factions in Mafia Discussion and the dopamine hit I get every time I see all those little colourful faction names that are probably unreadable in every skin except MafBlack :heart-eyes: .

I'm playing it up a little for laughs, but I genuinely really like your setups and ideas.

This said,
In post 7846, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 7842, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I don't have a satisfactory answer as to what Lunar has been doing.
This is like... not for a lack of trying btw. It's just I haven't come up with any theory that I think is probable.

I've tried to metadive MegAzumarill to get ideas of what factional abilities Lunar may have, which was rather painful because she is the author of a thread called "Faction Crafting Cafe" along with her participation in other wacky role-crafting threads.

I've considered the delayed kill theory as mentioned previously.

I've considered that Lunar have a factional vanilla-ization power based on this Pirate faction idea she posted in another thread. I didn't think this was a likely factional ability, because I think Scum would have vanilla-ized MathBlade.

I've considered DDS' idea that Lunar have a JOAT ability, which is a plausible theory based on Meg's Starkin faction (if I even understood that faction right...) but it feels rather inelegant so shrug emoji.

I've considered that maybe Lunar don't have an active ability and have more Scum like 4 vs 2, but that doesn't square with MMR's role.

The most likely theory I landed on is that Lunar are priming people & will maybe activate their primed targets at some point like an arsonist does, but I don't know - even this theory I'm not particularly confident in.
I thought the sense of confusion and... mild dismay? in this post was pretty funny :lol:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”