Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Nu »

Rho is town. how do you get the inside of av to match outside?

Vote: Omega
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Nu »

Psi wrote:Ahhh!!! Ninja'd by FOUR other votes. Still a good bandwagon.
Omega-Psi scumteam
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:16 am

Post by Nu »

Eta is rather obv-town
Beta wrote:How is this funny? Last thing we need is a modkill.
scummy

Kappa is even scummier, read in iso please, spends most of their first posts pretending to joke around
Kappa wrote:I'll leave my vote for now.

I'm feeling like this:

:?

between eta and omega
this 1 particularly scummy
Kappa wrote:Nah, I'm playing whatever style I'm playing.

It doesn't matter what people
usually
play as.

Focus on the game, not about playstyle, mmmkay?
also this

Kappa is obviously scum trying to play the role of aggressive town

Unvote
Vote: Kappa

Beta wrote:Eta, do you think there are any scum on your wagon?

Who and/or why?
also this is obviously leading and WIFOMing Eta (because both Kappa and Beta on Eta's wagon are scum, and Beta is hoping that by openly asking Eta who the scum are Eta will assume he wouldn't be so bold).

omega 'n' psi cud also swing in the near futur 'n' I wudnt lose ne sleep
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Nu »

Beta wrote:
Nu wrote:
Beta wrote:How is this funny? Last thing we need is a modkill.
scummy
I don't suppose I'll get an explanation of why, will I?

I mean, after all, you're not paying enough attention to the game to know that I'm not actually on Eta's wagon.
minor point of detail
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Nu »

Thanks for making me check that you haven't changed your vote since page two. Is that supposed to be not scummy somehow?
Beta wrote:
Eta wrote:Hi. I seem to have missed RVS. But I'll throw down a RV anyway.

Vote: Lambda
'cause it's a cool letter.
Although, this post is now competing in my mind for "best places to have my vote".
also I missed some more equivocation from yourself. Thanks for prompting this re-read.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by Nu »

Beta wrote:First of all, please please find out what the word equivocation means before you go around using it.
it was used perfectly I'm afraid.
Phi wrote:
Kappa wrote:Well, a scum
would
know their partners.

Why you tryin' to bus me, foo? :P
Kappa is scum. Accusing people to bus oneself is a mega scumtell.

unvote, vote: Kappa
::goodposting::
Phi wrote:Beta is scum. Do claim please.
Phi is town. /me highfives. Let's lynch Kappa then Beta.

nice work everyone voting Kappa and/or Beta.
Omega AGTM wrote:What is with this Nu guy, though? Rather odd votes/fos.
Cuz you do realise you call my votes/FoSes weird then vote one of my two top suspects? Are you alright there mr. jester? We can always lynch you later.
Eta wrote:
Phi wrote:Lambda however, is town.
QFT
QFT. no scum would be so horrible as to blatantly defend two of their buddies in one go.

Psi's defence of me is good as always but I can't help but feel he is trying to take the heat off Beta and Kappa by diverting it to Omega.

Beta's "analysis" in 223 is calling everyone idiots. Major scumtell.
Beta wrote:For those who want me to "take a stand" (after all, how could I not know who's mafia one RL day into the game, amirite?), here are my thoughts so far:
lacky attempt at faux-sarcasm

Eta shouldn't claim and the scum should unvote him. Also Omega wagon can at least wait.

Mod: you have me as voting both Omega and Kappa- I was only voting Kappa

Unvote
Vote: Beta
(I think he has more votes)
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 am

Post by Nu »

let's let him live in exchange for taking a census today and honestly telling us the results
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Nu »

I just read my own posting history. Then I read Psi's. I still think he has a high probability of having bused Omega.

Vote: Psi

Less confident of my Kappa/Beta reads at a glance, needs more pondering and new data.

dislike Gamma's case on Rho as expressed in 339.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Nu »

I see where the Lambda wagon is coming from, but I see their overall play as more confused than scummy.

Opinions on Psi, anyone?

I could definitely vote Rho, mainly for the exchange in posts 36-37. His later stuff also looks scummy, at a brief glance.

Vote: Rho
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:18 am

Post by Nu »

Alpha wrote:rho is scum-buddy with omega? i don't think so. rho should be employing the wifom in a very extreme extend then.
Rho wrote:
unvote, vote Kappa

obvious OMGUS vote against omega!
Rho wrote:
Kappa wrote:
Rho wrote:
unvote, vote Kappa

obvious OMGUS vote against omega!
Obv attempt at chainsaw.

Two scum caught in the RVS.

What do you say to that? :wink:
I say it's funny to watch a scum try and claim he has found two in RVS
Rho wrote:
Omega AGTM wrote:Hey man, stop defending me. Just because you're scum doesn't mean you need to drag me into this.
Not really defending you, was talking about myself since he said two, you just happened to be the other person.

Why are you so worried about being the topic of a conversation, even inadvertently?
Rho wrote:
unvote

Omega, the discussion turns into a wagon on you, and you joke around?
Beta wrote:I suppose it would be appropriate for me to be #2 on the wagon.

vote: Omega
Why would it be appropriate?
Rho wrote:Alright, RVS stage being over, is everyone that jumped on the Omega AGTM wagon still comfortable with their vote. If so why?
their interactions are so blatanly clear.
It was precisely these posts that made me think there's a good chance they're scum together. The "just because you're scum" particularly triggers my scumdar, as does the "*unvote* --- the discussion turns into a wagon on you, and you joke around." wtf? why is that a reason to unvote? horrible distancing. Also Kappa's still way scummy going after obv-VI Mu rather than his scumbuddy Rho's wagon. Kill Rho and Kappa ye ye ye.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Nu »

prodded, read up to date, still think Rho's a good lynch, also think that if he's scum he's being bused by a decent number of people.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 am

Post by Nu »

Tau wrote:Delicious. It's nice to try and paint someone with the hypocrisy brush*, but it falls pretty flat here. I'll get to that in a moment thought.

Yes, it's true I haven't been as active as I should or wish to be.

You seem to overlook, perhaps because it was an indictment of you, the post that voted for you. I didn't nullify all of that. I nullified the question about AGTM. The point wasn't a bad one at the time.

The post about forthcoming analysis was unfortunate. I intended to do so (little reason to post something like that without intending to), but I did not get to it. By the time I was able to return to the game with my attention, the Rho wagon had gotten steam, and it seemed more prudent to try and get a grasp on the game by asking a simple question -- a question that got the response I wanted (i.e. directed me to a summary of what the case on rho was).

What's particularly galling about your post is that you accuse me of asking for a summary of the rho post so that I can use it as an excuse to join rho's wagon, and yet you immediately say that I posted that I wasn't convinced. Which is it, eta? At least
try
to be consistent with your attacks.

You call my joining the Mu wagon "lazy" (for those of you in the audience, notice the brilliant method of scum hunting: calling me "lazy scum" repeatedly). It was not. Not all cases need a long write-up to get the point across. I said what I meant:
zoraster wrote:While the Rho case in 475 is relatively convincing, rho's response isn't particularly scummy to me, though annoying in the defeatist attitude. I'd be okay with rho's lynch, but Mu is harmful to town's discussion, and will continue to be in the future.
Which brings us to your ploy of trying to say I'm guilty of the same scum-tell I accused beta of. This is patently false. Beta was trying to seem towny while refusing to take a stand on anyone. I don't think I did that. First, I place a vote on eta with explanation of why I found eta scummy. Second, I placed a vote on Beta with an explanation of why I found Beta scummy. Third, I place a vote on mu, with explanation -- concise though it was.

What I was NOT doing was accusing beta of being scum for lurking. If you want to accuse me of being scum for lurking, at least you've got facts on your side, though the conclusion doesn't follow. But accusing me of what I accused Beta of is simply an attempt at you to make me seem worse than I actually am, which is disingenous. Disingenuity is scummy unless there's very good reason for doing it.

*this brush is good for rhetorical flair but lacking in actual substance.
Eta wrote:Tau has only 8 posts.

Look at the dates.

Jan 02
- confirms
Jan 02
(nullifying half his first post)
Jan 03
- Tau should pay attention to his own scumtells. "Beta is scummy. Iso read him. He posts a lot of stuff, but virtually none with any analysis on the actual game. " He votes Beta, but if he had a crystal ball, he'd see himself doing the same thing, only worse, in the future.

***one week passes***

Jan 10
"I'm around, but my analysis will have to wait until tonight, sorry" - the analysis NEVER comes.

***another week passes***

Jan 16
- "Can someone summarize the Rho reasoning?" - this lazy scum notices a wagon on Rho, asks for a summary that he can use as excuse to join the wagon.
Jan 18
- Not convinced. Lazily policy votes Mu instead.
Jan 18
- I'm hesitating to consider this a post, he's only reminding the mod to count his vote. He doesn't pay attention to anything, but he's on the ball when it comes to his vote being counted.
Jan 19
- The lazy scum shows up again today, assuming that I can't articulate a case against him, and putting the onus on me in yet another way, which is to demonstrate that the antisocial mafia player Mu is town. Sorry, that's gut only. You'd have some gut reads if you read the game and tried to think instead of lurking hard, asking other players to summarize cases for you (again!)

To throw Tau's very few words back at him, with regards to the Mu wagon: "The closest he comes to making a comment on a player is calling Phi an idiot. Does Beta think that makes Phi scummy? " Yes, Tau posted those very words in his third post regarding Phi and Beta. Now he's doing the same with Mu, questioning my own doubts about what appears to be a combination of policy-lynch with easy wagon for scum to ride.
This is all very well but why were you lurking until you got called out on it?

Vote: Tau
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Nu »

I may not be the most amazing example of participation but stuff like this:
Tau wrote:I'd be okay with rho's lynch, but Mu is harmful to town's discussion, and will continue to be in the future.
is scummy when you look at the fact players like Tau are the very ones stifling discussion in the first place with their lurking.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Nu »

Tau wrote:I would like a vote count, and I'll be here to claim. Eta's assertion that I've been "caught" is absurd, and it's funny how easily people are led by the nose in this game.

Regardless, vote count then I'll decide what to do. Obviously I'd prefer a rho lynch over my own, but I've already expressed my skepticism with the rho lynch, which now seems to be paired with the idea that someone who voices that skepticism must be scum. The criticism here seems self-serving.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to devote more time to this game so I could deal with eta effectively since he's a total failure. Nevertheless, I think it should be apparent to those who are actually evaluating arguments rather than following momentum that eta is actually replacing reasoning with projected confidence.
if you're town please give me (and others) a good reason to unvote you. This is not sufficient. This post just seems like resigned arrogance, which is a null-tell leaning to scummy (scum have interest in acting resigned and holding onto their "reads" close to lynch to avoid giving too much information about their scumbuddies).

I may be being uncharitable to Tau here, but I kinda feel the "if I flip town then the town's gonna come after you tomorrow" thing to Eta *may* be a bit of a threat. Tau's frustration at his wagon e.g. referring to the people on it as being sheep or border collies may be genuine, but this is also fairly like to come from scum- frustrated that they're being wagoned because they feel it is for illogical reasons.

That said I re-read Rho and I'm not particularly opposed to his lynch, particularly based on his earlier posts in the game. Oh the agony of choice.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #607 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Nu »

hint: it's not fence-sitting when I say "I cannot choose between two top-quality wagons", especially when I was instrumental in starting both of said wagons.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #609 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Nu »

uncertainty is not a scumtell (and I'm not even sure if you're suggesting it is, as your own position is unclear)
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Nu »

kill him please, another claim which is basically a survivor, we have no reason to let him live. We've got another scummy.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #635 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by Nu »

the scumminess on display in the last few pages is disgusting. We will get around to lynching all of you, don't worry. Let's go point by point.
Tau wrote:Notice how Eta has set up the town to basically disbelieve any claim I make, so that's neither here nor there.
What exactly do you want us to notice about it? He has tunneled on you, and you've claimed an unbelievably scummy role. It's not his fault you claimed an unbelievably scummy role at all.
Tau wrote:(SKs are independent)
What does this mean?

I very very strongly suspect Tau is a mafia JOAT, and "macho selector" is part of his fakeclaim. Also he has said the "macho" part of his role is where the JOAT element is, which makes the actual JOAT claim redundant.
Tau wrote:What possible reason would I have for fake claiming a role that keeps me alive for precisely one more day and then if I'm lying would get me lynched 100%?
Surviving for one extra day is very good incentive for a fakeclaim. Apart from this, you could, as has already been stated, have the ability to broadcast fake messages via the mod.
Tau wrote:but perhaps it's got something to do with making me wary of actually using my roles because I might want to switch sides
How do you mean "switch sides"? According to you currently don't have a side at all, you need to select one.
Eta wrote:It's too contrived to be true. It's a pointless restriction on his Macho alignment choice.
His whole role was too contrived to be true. Just like Omega's.
Tau wrote:I'd still have to essentially come up with a role cop result on someone and if I got that wrong
scum role cops are incredibly common, or you could just be a scum JOAT as has already been considered.
Lambda wrote:Believe Tau. So there should be scum on his wagon:
Eta, Nu, Mu, Omicron, Kappa, Sigma, Psi, Rho, Beta
We will kill you next. You're probably in another scumgroup from Tau.
Lambda wrote:Meh, I still want Rho to claim.
What is this rubbish? You only get claims from people you're (otherwise) going to lynch. You don't have the numbers to lynch Rho. I can't immediately see a scum motivation for repeatedly demanding a claim from him, but it could be busing etc. and is certainly nonsensical.
Iota wrote:I tend to believe the claim. 620 is an interesting point, though.
Why do you believe the claim in spite of the issues Eta and myself have tabled with it?
Xi wrote:There is ABSOULTELY NO SENSE in lynching a role like this.
Oh yes let's let the convoluted fakeclaim live when we already have direct evidence the mod is giving the scum convoluted fakeclaims (see: Omega).

Max also specifically reserved the right to lie to the players in this game- this means he may have given scum the ability to make announcements through him, or the "tell town a neutral has joined town" ability might be a one-shot.

Not lynching Tau is stooooooopid.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Nu »

Tau: we already had a convoluted fakeclaim from Omega. Yours also looks like a convoluted fakeclaim. It's far too convenient- "I can't change alignments the day after using an ability" etc. seems just like a great way to delay your lynch.
Tau wrote:Seriously, I think people need to take a hard look tomorrow at those pushing hard for my lynch .
Why would you even care, you're supposedly just a survivor presently so if you get lynched you can't win anyway. Also pushing for your lynch is hardly scummy. The scum would be more likely to let you off the hook in order to avoid drawing attention to themselves and save you up as a potential mislynch the next day, or if they believe you then to simply nightkill you at some point in the future.

I also don't believe your role because it could effectively be very very bastardly if you convert to mafia on say day 5 and suddenly endgame. That and the fact there may well be multiple mafias anyhow, which would invalidate your claim entirely.

There are far too many good reasons to lynch Tau.

Also, the deadline is TODAY. Please hammer Tau, unless you scum want a no lynch now?
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #645 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:10 am

Post by Nu »

Beta wrote:I've never heard of anything like a "make the mod say something" ability
I have seen similar stuff before tbh, can't quite recall where but it's been seen before this game.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #676 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Nu »

Unvote
Vote: Rho

This wagon needs to happen right now, don't you guys know never to unvote on a vanilla claim anyway?
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Nu »

I completely agree, particularly when the mod has emphatically reserved the right to lie to players "if necessary" (post 2, rule 9).

I still feel it is an obv-fakeclaim. While Tau's lynch is preferable I don't feel that bad about the (necessary) Rho wagon considering he's merely claimed vanilla.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #715 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Nu »

Tau wrote:
Beta wrote:
vote: Tau

lynch all liars....
Take a stand, Beta. Don't hide behind some half-assed policy lynch. What is your level of confidence that I am not telling the truth (this time, of course)?

vote: Beta
this could be distancing, I'm not sure why scum would say that to a townie when they know they're going to die.

And Tau proves he is scum of course (didn't mention why he claimed a fake track result, either, lul)

I think the shape-shifting SK might be similar to a Xylbot role where the "SK" dies every night and then takes over someone else's body. Which may mean we have to correctly predict who they've possessed one night and lynch them.

Vote: Tau
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #760 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Nu »

oh no you don't
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #769 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Nu »

I just isoed myself. turns out I do like a Lambda wagon. All aboard!

Also it's interesting to note that presumably if the SK took over any scum accounts they would know who all the scum in the faction of the person they took over were (unless there's a nighttalk only rule, which would kind of make more sense)

Vote: Lambda
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #773 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Nu »

where did any of you express suspicion of me prior to that (completely unscummy) post? Why am I suddenly scum for having made at it?

If I read my post I would think it came from a townsperson. It would certainly not warrant an empty-quote-vote routine, which is most likely to come from scum fancying themselves as a stand-up comedian. There is something very bad/scummy with your thought processes.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #780 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Nu »

Gamma and Mu are now on my quicklynch list after Lambda flips scum for voting a townie player with no reasoning instead of the scum-Lambda.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #784 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Nu »

Omicron wrote:What about isoing yourself convinced you?
Well basically I had forgotten most of my thought processes for this game so had to reread some of my posts to get a feeling for where my mind was at. Think I saw myself attack Lambda then probably isoed him and it went from there.

Still like to know why Lambda, Gamma and Mu are voting me, mainly for their own sake. Think carefully, a good answer has a small chance of saving you from the gallows.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #803 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by Nu »

As no-one has given ANY JUSTIFICATION WHATSOEVER for voting me, I have to conclude that all four people voting me are scum. So lynching any of them would be alright.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #804 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Post by Nu »

if they're town I hope no-one in this game would be so terrible @ mafia or mistakenly think they're funny by emptyquoting and voting me, but I'll probably be proven wrong when I see the playerlist post-game
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #805 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Post by Nu »

Epsilon wrote:
Nu wrote:Well basically I had forgotten most of my thought processes for this game so had to reread some of my posts to get a feeling for where my mind was at. Think I saw myself attack Lambda then probably isoed him and it went from there.
That sounds like something the SK would do if he took over Nu's body. Iso his victim to be consistent.
No, it sounds like something the SK would do, and not in a million years say to the town. HEY GUYS IM JUST ISOING THE PERSON I TOOK OVER IN ORDER TO CONFORM TO THEIR VIEWS AND MANNER OF SPEAKING. Plus if any of you were perceptive (I don't know why I consider this conditional, it's already been disproven), you'd see the SK was revealed in thread and my style is definitely distinct from theirs. I guess the others are voting me because I'm "mafia" or something. Hint: you don't get 4 townies joining a mafia wagon when all of them do so scummily and without any reasoning whatsoever. I also would have been defended by one of my buddies by now, pointing out (rightly) that the wagon on me was craplogic. So yer lynch down my wagon and I'd be surprised if any scum were still crawling about, apart from possibly the SK.
Nu
Nu
Townie
Nu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #831 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Nu »

I am dead, my password has been changed and my host cannot log in...

--- Account Deactivated ---

And I hate TIGERS!!! :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”