C&C Mafia - DAY ONE (Apparently Abandoned)

Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:16 am

Post by Carmine »

/confirmmmmmmmmm...
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:52 pm

Post by Carmine »

So far my guess as to what happened to NEHI and massive coincides with Dasquian's. At least they presumably had a moment or two of pleasure before they left. I'd randomly vote, but... ah, nuts, I'll randomly
vote: Werebear
because the random number generator told me to.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:56 pm

Post by Carmine »

unvote: Werebear vote: ZONEACE

When presented with a solid block of text with barely a comma or full stop to its sorry name, it takes me at least twice as long to interpret it and try and filter out any points you might make. It's very tiresome at best, and makes you almost completely unintelligible at worst.

As to your actual points, you seem to be trying to suggest people come forward and claim special roles (not what the roles are, just that they exist) which doesn't sound like such a good idea. Cuban Smoker's plan seems fairly reasonable, and the initial doubts (and, I confess, a little incomprehension) that I had are fading fast. However, I think we should see what happens tonight too.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:53 am

Post by Carmine »

Okay,
unvote ZONEACE
. No, I'm not claiming to be Mrs. Jones either.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what else to do at the moment.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:10 am

Post by Carmine »

It occurred to me that people would only get booted out of this place if they were actually caught in the act. So perhaps if two people visited the same room, and someone within the three was unfaithful...

My brain melted when I started thinking like that, though. I think that posting who we visited and the results we got back might go someway towards untangling this mess, though.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:21 pm

Post by Carmine »

Would it be helpful if the men revealed where they went last night and who they found there (and if anything happened)? Of course, the unfaithful ones will lie (though probably be late to lie, so their lies don't conflict with truths...), but it'll put some more information out there that can be confirmed or denied. It will also give us a sort of day's grace, as it's the women's turn tonight.

In all this confusion, I'm becoming more certain that some sort of sharing of information is going to help, not hinder.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:31 pm

Post by Carmine »

Okay, this is good... but what to people think about the potential spanner in the works of doubling information already gathered? Is it something we just shouldn't worry about tonight or is it something worth considering? For example, male M knows that he went to a room last night that was his room number + 10. Should this affect the Grand Plan or not?

vote: no lynch
as even if it affects the plan, it should only alter it not change it.
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:12 pm

Post by Carmine »

By my count, the votes for no lynch have dropped to six.

This game is hurting my head. I am torn between Cuban's ideal of playing it as a logic game and MeMe's ideal of playing it as a mafia game.

On the one hand, it is, at this stage, a mafia game with some unknown quantity of serial killers running around. Potentially tonight there'll be an organised mafia couple or more as well. Day one tactics generally seem to be to push suspicious people to a role-claim one by one til one seems unsatisfactory, then lynch for more information. A problem here is that everyone is safe in saying "I'm Mr/Mrs. X from room Y" without fear of particular reprisal.

On the other hand, it's not a normal mafia game, and it seems from what we know that mass role-naming (though not actively claiming what each person does) might also be helpful, at least for setting up mason groups or whatever. But then, as has been pointed out, that just lines up people for picking off, and we have no idea what happens if one half of a couple is unfaithful and one half isn't.

Oh, my brain... I'm beginning to think that some middle ground might be the way forward. Lynching someone today, going by suspicious actions, and then sticking with the who-visits-who plan tonight. I'm not sure one way or the other, yet, so I'll leave my vote on no lynch for the moment and come back when I've had some caffeine.
Leonidas wrote:Last thing we need here is an orgy.
Oh, I don't know about that... it might help!
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:19 am

Post by Carmine »

I've been thinking about mass role-claims again, and it's driving me mad. I'd quite like to role-claim, because I know it'll help, but it immediately puts me and my other half in danger as a pair that are going to be confirmed as masons the following day (the same sort of danger that I guess ZONEACE and Cuban Smoker will be in). The solution to this would be if everyone claimed, but there are enough people against it for this not to happen.

I may as well reveal that I am male, and I visited a room 10 greater than my room number last night, so for that particular pairing I already know it's no go, and that the inhabitant of my target room is innocent. I don't know whether this information should be taken into account for the purposes of the plan for tonight. Of course, it could all get confusing if I were lying, which would be the alleviated by me revealing who I visited last night (of course, that person couldn't confirm it, but the name and room number would).

The trouble with the current tactic is that we're just bandwagonning essentially random people. Now that Dasquian's claimed Mrs. Jones, and ZONEACE has provided the format of information given to men last night, what's the point? Any bad guy can role-claim and say they visited Mrs. Jones (or, indeed, Mrs. Harrison), and any good guy that did can be countered with a "Well, you would say that if you're scum!".

Hm. With MeMe offering herself as a lynch-target... If we lynch MeMe, what information are we provided with? If she's guilty, great! If they're innocent we have another loose other half floating around (and it does rather put a spanner in the works for the visiting plan tonight). If she's not, we find out what room she was in, and which couple she was a half of, and I don't know what use that is compared to if she just role-claimed in the first place.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”