Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Holy shit, over 300 posts in under twelve hours.

Going to have a lot of catching up to do. I've already caught up and in the process of reading, but it won't be done until tomorrow (Was hoping to get it over today, but Internet connection has been sucking tonight.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:06 pm

By "reading" in my #341, I mean "re-reading".

@Andrius: Regarding the ward/noise question, I did not hear noise nor did I ward.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:54 am

Just a sneek peak in my suspicions (Note that this is bounded to change) before I explain them (No time to do so now, will need to do that after school). Right now, I would be willing to lynch Furcolow, Benmage, Bowser, or ReaperCharlie today. Other players I'll be looking at more closely are Andrius, sottyrulez, and MagnaofIllusion, although my reads on them are not as solid as my lynch candidates for today.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:27 am

I have no previous experience with the Star Aligned games, although I have read the first two days and part of Day 3 after the game ended and somewhat followed the game when it was ongoing from Day 7 until end game.

Due to the exceptionally high activity here, I will not be quoting everything I find, but instead summerize my thoughts on players and other events.

Furcolow's #200: I don't want Benmage to kill tonight. Based off what I've seen, Fate is a lot more likely to be town then Benmage. Fate seems like frustrated town trying to prevent his kill so he can further help town. Benmage seems to have disingenous, even malicious motivations in getting rid of him.

MagnaofIllusion, players who did not hear noise can still be NK'd. Wickedestjr played in Star Aligned II and he did not hear noise for Night 0, Night 1, or Night 2. He was night-killed Night 3. So yes, you can be Night Killed without having to hear noise.

The Lost Butterfly, who dares not support Fate's lynch and will do anything he can to get rid of the people who do not 100% agree with the lynch on Fate. I can see him being a murder to get rid of his critics if he is indeed an Investigator.

VasudeVa, I agree with the approval/disapproval list of Insantities. After finishing this post, I'll try to see what insantities I approve and what I disapprove.

With that being said, getting into the meat of my post:

Andrius's CAPS LAWKE's posts are pretty damn useless, although his first content posts seems okay, but him showing absolutely no willingness to read the Fate/Benmage's argument doesn't sit well with me as you are expected to be reading each and every single post. The Fate/Benmage's argument was unecessary in terms of length, but it wasn't completely useless either. That being said, I am getting some warm vibes from him, but he's someone I'll keep a close eye on.

Baby Spice's #379 is contradictory. He said that Benmage is an investigator, but not town. Which one is it? Is he town or cult or even town planning on going muderer.

I REALLY don't like Benmage's play at all. His push for Fate's lynch is just absolutely atrocious. To me, his pushing for a Fate's lynch looks to be no more then personal issues between them and a policy lynch so he doesn't have to deal with him. I find this very scummy. Fate is well-known for his CAPS LAWKS posting, Benmage-cult could be using Fate's playstyle to throw him into a huge argument between both of them and hopefully get town to lynch Fate Day 1 so he can get an easy mislynch over with. He is going as far as to call him "confirmed cult" with these pushes, which makes this especially noteworthy. I find his "I am confirmed town" delcarative statements scummy as well. I don't see how he is confirmed town by any means. His play IMO hasn't resembled town and I also detest how he uses his campaign to lynch Fate as a reason to get town to believe he's confirmed town. He is also guilty of hypocrisy as well. ISO: 37, he gives a "QFT" at sottyrulez's post where they say that they argument is pretty and ruining the game. Yet he was the
main cause
why the ballastic argument between him and Fate happened. That also looks like an attempt to gain town creds for his push on Fate, which is already scummy. And I also hate, hate, hate how he declares Seacore as the second cult, yet the reason is patehic in itself. So because you won't support a lynch, you're scum? That makes no sense to me. He is now irrationally tunneling on Fate/Seacore as we speak.

From what I gather, Fate looks to resemble his town game more over at the ruined invitational then scum overreaction. Unlike Benmage's argument, some of his points actually makes sense, (Example: Benmage's stalking Fate due to personal issues is very anti-town and will hurt town if Benmage carries on with the kill).

Bowser's votes are very opportunistic and scummy. They look like trying to blend in with other players to avoid suspicion while giving very little reasons and none of which are actually scum hunting reasons. Vote on Furcolow was due to play in late Star Aligned II, vote on Fate was due to anti-town behavior. Neither he looks for reasons that the person is more likely to be scum then town. I also find it odd that when criticizing Fate for terrible behavior, he completely ignores Benmage's behavior as well, which has not been civil either. He puts Furcolow high on his scumlist but does not vote him after unvoting Fate, which looks like scum trying to avoid attention by voting later when a bandwagon on Furcolow has been solidfied. I have yet to see a pro-town post from the hydra. All the posts so far looks to be from CSL, so I want to see Untrod Tripod weigh in before deciding if the hydra should be lynched or not. But for now, they are high on my scum list.

MagnaofIllusion's first post bothers me a little. He claims we won't get a lot of information out of hearing noises. I agree with that, but what bothers is that he then asks for volunteers for people who did not hear noise. I'd like to know from him if we'll gain more information from asking for volunteers for people who did not hear noise then people who did hear noise and if not, what is his purpose for doing so. Even thought I do agree that Furcolow is scummy (Although one thing is preventing me from voting Furcolow at the moment, that reason is below), something about his push on Furcolow doesn't seem right to me, thought that's more of a gut reason. Although I do agree with some of the things he has laid down and from a quick glance, it looks pro-town, it's best to keep him at close eye for now, although not necessarily a lynch-worthy candidate yet, as aside from this two issues, he seems relatively pro-town.

Furcolow is so damn scummy, it's insane. His play resembles Mini 1000: The Brave and the Beautiful a lot before the confirmation. Him screaming "policy lynch" because MagnaofIllusion voted for him due to him likely being a detrimental player regardless of alignment is overreaction I would expect from scums. I really don't like how he constantly declares that he is confirmed town, when that is just strong evidence support he is town, not something that fully indicates that he is one. He saying that he is a strong town player is laughable, every game I have seen and played with him he has been very scummy and I manage to easily catch him as scum in previously mentioned game. His original vote on MagnaofIllusion was terrible as I detested his demand for MagnaofIllusion to remove his vote on him. There are quite a few instance where he is shown to not read the thread, such as #43 where he sent it to Drippereth, even thought we all know that it's actually El Goosuki he's suppose to send it too. Calling people out without explaining why they're scummy is scummy as well, as it looks that Furcolow is suspecting them because they suspect him. His vote hoping is scummy as well. First at MagnaofIllusion, then to Fate, then to Benmage, Seacore, and now Bowser all in one Day. These were serious votes as well. Just when he had a relative period of less scumminess, he goes off in a tangent when The Lost Butterfly exposed him for the liar he is. Furcolow's vote for The Lost Butterfly was just terrible and he is reacting very scummy to the wagon on him, calling them "fucking idiots", defends himself very poorly. He's calling The Lost Butterfly/Baby Spice scum if Seacore is scum, yet fails to back up his statement in any shape or form.

ReaperCharlie's #34 is not giving me good vibes, especially in the off-chance that Furcolow is scum. His worries about Furcolow being lynched Day 1 all the time has already been nullified by the fact that he survived until being stumped in Harry Potter Mafia, lived until Day in The Brave and the Beautiful, and is currently alive Day 6 in an ongoing game. Saying that we should keep him alive because of his style is also ridiculously weak reasoning as his style encourages policy lynches on him, because it's a style that very little of us enjoy playing with. He promised that he would explain why he wanted Furcolow alive in #54, yet I have not much further explanations why. He makes a serious vote on Benmage, who I agree with, but wish there was more explanation going for it. I do find his Seacore vote in #120 horrible thought as I don't see how the second quote indicates him being cult. And he seems to be defending Furcolow a lot recently. If one of them flips scum, make sure to look at the other for lynch, even with Furcolow's ward action dealio. His post on #298 is a lot of fluff. It's either praising Furcolow, giving out town reads, or complete nonsense. Either way, I find it scummy that he almost nothing to help town in that post. His suspicion on hitogoroshi has no contents to back it up and no evidence supporting that he's scum, which make me suspect that he's throwing around suspicion to make it look that he's actually scum hunting multiple people and not just fluffing around/focusing on a two people to seriously scum hunt on.

Sottyrulez, explanation on your MagnaofIllusion vote would highly be apperciated. While I did find a few things about him that bugs me, I don't think he's particularly lynch-worthy yet.

With all that said,
Vote: Furcolow

Should not be left alive due to his terrible play and is most likely scum.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Regarding hitogoroshi's insanities disapporval list:

It's a very good list. Those are insanities that as town, I do not want to take nor do I want the rest of the town to take either. I also would favor the ban of choosing Distractions. Some people have a habit of semi-frequently changing votes. If they have this insanity and desired to vote that player they really want to lynch, but can't because they unvoted that player already, it prevents them from being able to pressure their top suspect and force them to vote if they are absolutely confident or maybe not at al. If everyone but two players had this insanity and could not make a majority for a lynch, we would get a no lynch even without requesting it or reaching deadline and we don't want that to happen. I would definently be in favor of making this a forbidden insaity. Severe restrictions, although not complete ban, of the necrophillia insanity would also be a good idea as we should restrict that to 1-4 people max that we can trust to rob graves nightly.

As for sanities I approve of using, I would say if and when you gain insanities, you should choose these as first choices:
Twitchy: All you do is twitch for one post, nothing major.
Complusion: It removes blood off you anyway so you can use the actions that you have. Somewhat beneficial IMO.

Not really seeing why AurorusVox is scummy. From what I've seen, it resembles more of a townie. He's been contributing a lot and I like how he's been outspoken about his defenses and opinions on other people. Will re-read him more closely in ISO thought to see if I can see the case on him.

@Bowser: Do you have any suspects yet? It seems as you don't have any suspects when you declared the Fate/Benmage interaction as null and called Furcolow's a mixup.

@Benmage: Something I forgot to note in my big post. Yesterday, you said that you were glad to not be in a cult with Fate. Since you believe yourself to be town, that automatically means that Fate is cult. You are neglecting the possibility of both you and Fate being town. That's like if I said I was town therefore Seacore is cult, that logic makes no sense. Your you-town therefore Fate is cult theory makese as much sense as formentioned scenario.

You claim to be a confirmed townie. If you were cult and Fate was town, would you still be pushing for Fate's lynch and would you still claim that you'll be stalking him tonight?
Benmage wrote:@ssbf another whose Epiphany should be easiest ....you of all people should know my history of fate. You should have one of the best town reads on me. You can piss and moan about my actions and me immature and anything you'd like, but to suggest anything other than I am town.....would be atrocious play.
You are not obvious/confirmed town to us. Your play in this game resembles more of that of a cult, what town needs to get rid of. I haven't seen any evidence that supports you at confirmed town and as others have said, you saying you stalked Fate does not mean that you are confirmed town. Even if at least two kills gets through tonight with Fate being one of those NK's, it does not confirm you as town. Will it point you as likely town for Day 2? Yes it does, but saying that you'll be clear with a Fate + another person's kill Night 1 is a stretch. And even if if you were confirmed town Day 2, you wouldn't be on later days due to the possibility of you being a muderer.
Benmage wrote:Comments now seen more than once....me qft that me v fate is ruining the game. No fucking shit. I knew this was gonna happen. It happens in every game I play with him. Why do you think I nearly replaced out of the signup thread. Yet did ask fate nicely to pass on this game... Shittttt.....happy I stayed VPB? I called this from the getgo.
This wouldn't have happened had you actually explained why you found Fate scummy instead of making a terrible mask of a policy lynch by saying he's "cult" to substitute "policy lynch". And like I said, you brought this upon yourself.
Benmage wrote:Unvote vote baby spice
Nice opportunistic vote on baby spice. I can see cult here trying to blend in with the crowd knowing that Fate will likely not be the lynch.

ReaperCharlie wrote:1. Yes, it's an off chance that furc is scum.
2. You acknowledge that off chance.
3. You vote for furc ANYWAY. lolwut.
Going out to Wickedestjr as well (Since his call on me is similar to ReaperCharlie's). Should have edited off the "There is an off-chance that Furcolow is scum" part. That error is probably there because I managed to somehow get ample enough time to get caught up on the school computer and post this while still be updated. Waiting until the afternoon would be a bad idea as I would have to worry about catching up on 200+ posts instead of just 80+ posts. Basically, I wanted to get it done in school so I wouldn't have to stay on the computer all day just to catch up on this game like yesterday, hence the contradiction.
ReaperCharlie wrote:4. My vote on Seacore is awesome and pro-town and the fact that Seacore ignored it is basically proof that I'm right. He prefers to focus on ... other things, and suck up to the people that think he's town, for some crazy reason.
I read the quote again that caused you to vote Seacore, not seeing how that makes him cult or town. Also a person ignoring your case doesn't always mean you're right, it could because they find the case to suck to where responding would be pointless.
ReaperCharlie wrote:5. WHO are you calling out for posting fluff? ME???? over 5-10 other people that are posting NO CONTENT WHATSOEVER but are WASTING AWAY THE PAGES WITH A SELF-CENTERED WAR OF BATTLING EGOS?. *is baffled*
People who have posted minimal contents so far:
Bowser
El Goosuki
Wingless

Could only find three people who have produced minimal contents in these games as of now. Also, while the flame war was uncalled for, it at least gave us something to work on.

I was not calling you out for posting fluff in general, just that from what I see, your #298 is almost completely useless. It was full of fluff, added little to scum hunting, and overall, seems like a post that should not have been in the game but rather severely modified.
ReaperCharlie wrote:6. Nice lining-up-lynches with me and furcolow. Anti-town at best, pure scummy at worst.
I am not lining-up-lynches. What I said was to consider one of you/furcolow for the lynch if one of you two flips cult. Me lining-up-lynches would be "Lynch Furcolow today, ReaperCharlie tomorrow!". These two things are different.
ReaperCharlie wrote:7. WHAT SUSPICION ON HITOROGOSHI? I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID THAT HE IS AWESOME AND PRO-TOWN AND HAVE AGREED WITH NEARLY EVERY POST HE'S MADE! Oh wait... you must be talking about my post #302... OH WAIT I F@#%&ING EBWOP'D IT LIKE 5 SECONDS LATER IN THE VERY NEXT POST.
Okay, I'll give you that on Hitorogoshi. That being said, I'd like to hear your reasons for suspecting Feysal (I don't see how Feysal is tunneling.).
ReaperCharlie wrote:I.E. THIS IS YOU TRYING TO FIND EVERY POSSIBLE THING YOU CAN ADD INTO A CASE ABOUT ME, BUT MISSING THE FOREST FOR THE TREES BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR SCUM ANYWAY, YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO GET A MISLYNCH.
I add a lot into my cases because I want people to actually give that particular person a second look and get convinced that the person is scum so we can lynch scum. Granted quantity =/= quality, but adding seven good points to a case is more likely to convince a person that Player A is scum then a case with just one good thing to add.
ReaperCharlie wrote:SSBF, can you explain why oh why you are ACTUALLY 'suspicious' of me, other than because your idol Magna said he was?

If so, please throw me in the fire and test my mettle. Don't be afraid to ask me questions, refine me a little bit. Go ahead... come on. I want you to.
I've already explained my case on you and why I think you are scummy. I will expand on that if I find further actions to be scummy. Only other thing I need to do is to convince other people that you're scum.
ReaperCharlie wrote:Hmmm... how about cause I said so?

1. He is scum
2. We lynch him
3. ?????
4. Profit!
It's not easy as that. Before we lynch scum, we have to prove or at least show strong convincing evidence that the person we're pushing for is indeed scum. Your case on Seacore has very little substance and doesn't really point me toward him being scum.
ReaperCharlie wrote:^lol Benmage
Your vote on Baby Spice really wasn't any better.

Andrius wrote:Also, what do you think of my argument that Benmage is town?
Not really a fan of it. Benmage can still be cult that can attempt to convince his cult partners that they need to kill Fate tonight to confirm him as town and hope that there are multiple deaths tonight. I'm not saying he is definently cult, but I haven't like his play so far at all and even with his claim that he stalked Fate and will be killing him tonight, I am open up to the possibility of Benmage-cult trying to get rid of Fate for town creds if Fate isn't lynched today. Also you say that Benmage would not be putting himself out there as cult, I disagree. Given his history with Fate, I wouldn't be surprised if he pushed for his lynch regardless of alignment.
El Goosuki wrote:lolzKatsubesofunny.

Summary from somebody plz?
kthx.
I'm not giving you a summary of the game. A summary tends to be bias and do not give you the full information you need to scum hunt. The only way to achieve that is by reading the entire thread. Yes it's a lot to read, but it's a lot better then hearing it from a bias view.

Unvote

As much as I want to lynch Furcolow due to his scummy behavior, the ward evidences pointed out by AurorusVox/The Lost Butterfly/Trilobite are too damning to ignore, which points to him being town. Although I'll be watching him extremely closely, based off what have happened regarding the claims, Furcolow is not a viable lynch candidate today.

My top three suspicions are Benmage/ReaperCharlie/Bowser in no specific order. One of those three I will be voting (Barring any incredible scumminess from someone else).

As for my fourth suspicion? Possibly El Goosuki. Remembering what I saw from DrippingGoofball/Ellibereth in A Clash of Kings, they seems to be a lot more motivated and a lot more engaged in scum hunting. While it is still unorthodox, at least I was getting pro-town vibes from them.

This game, not so much. Next to no contents have been produced from them for the first thirteen posts, which definently is not giving me good vibes. Only positive thing we got from the hydra with the first thirteen posts was that they heard noise, which supposedly makes Furcolow likely town. The rest either parrots what others have to say on a particular subject (ISO: 9) or completely contentless. Which makes them hypocritical when they called Fate out for caps posts being contentless in the same post, yet they gave us very little to work with. I find ISO 18 to be a weak defense in their behalf. We finally see some results from the hydra in ISO: 13, but the posts still give me scummy vibes, although this is more of a gut feeling.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:10 pm

I have searched and received a Resuscitation Kit.

Feysal's idea in #718 is not a terrible plan to follow regarding the situation about confirming Benmage. Feysal's plan in where one person should prevent Fate's death by rezzing him while the other rezz a person of their choice, but I would like to add that the person should not reveal his rezz target (At least unless he has a very convincing reason why otherwise) to help minimize the chance of scum WIFOMing the town in the Night Kills. I personally will volunteer to protect Fate if we go through this plan. ReaperCharlie, if town, should protect a player he believes to be town that isn't Fate (Although not MUST protect a player who isn't Fate that he believes to be town, if he's sure that Fate can get targetted for a kill second over.) This can not only confirm Benmage as town, but possibly prevent a Ritual Kill.

That being said, it is not perfect either. We have to remember that the Cult can very well choose to kill Fate as well to ensure that he is dead regardless of the rez protection. If one-third of the cult agrees to kill Fate, then that counts as if Fate will being killed twice, once by Benmage, another by the cult. Add to the fact that if they have two-third of the players participating in the ritual, it can be a kill on Fate three times, acting like two kills attempts by the cult on Fate and once by Benmage. That would make it very difficult for town to save Fate-town if Fate will targetted for a kill three times and if he is targetted for a kill two time, it would still be a difficult challenge as ReaperCharlie would have to decide between protecting another person or Fate.

Positive of plan:

- Can confirm that Benmage did stalk Fate or make him likely cult if Fate does get rezzed but Benmage does not attempt to kill Fate as promised.
- If Fate isn't targetted by the cult, this can possibly prevent a cult kill on another person as well.

Negative of plan:

- Fate is still in danger of being NK'd with the cult riding on Benmage's attempt to kill Fate as well.

Overall:
We have to consider that Fate can still be NK'd by cult's targeting them as well, but I am willing to take the risk and go forward with this plan unless anyone else has any objections. Although I would recommend ReaperCharlie protecting other people due to me planning to rezz Fate, giving him the option to help rezz Fate if he feels it's necessary is good as well.

Regarding Grave Robbing, I agree with Wickedestjr's #642 in that Benmage should be the grave robber after confirming him this upcoming Night, however, I spot a problem with this plan. Night 1, while Benmage is trying to kill Fate and Fate is rezz'd (Protected), who is going to serve as the grave robber Night 1 to rob the grave of the lynched player today? I'm not in favor of supporting Furcolow due to reasons below, yet I don't want a likely townie robbing graves as well. I personally think a selected person that is scummy would be a good choice, although we need to make sure that the person doesn't have equipments that can help town. Based off my suspicions, ReaperCharlie has a rezz kit, so he's not a viable grave robber for the time. Benmage should try to kill Fate tonight and a rezz being used on Fate, so he grave robbing would be a terrible idea. El Goosuki have a very erratic play style and to me, a type of player I would not want to grave rob. So out of my suspicion list, Bowser is the best choice. Although CSL is known to be scummy regardless of alignment, Untrod Tripod is a much better player then CSL so when I think about it, the disadvantage of having CSL in the game is outweighed by a reliable player that I consider to be a decent player on this site.
VasudeVa wrote:I am not reading SSBF's #491 wall of scum. The Furcolow vote is horribad though.
You claim that you have not read #491. Then how would you be able to say that my vote on Furcolow is terrible if you haven't read that post, let alone the entire post? You could say that I was voting a VI, but I at least tried to justify my vote to the best of my ability. That being said, I have already unvoted Furcolow, but I would still like to know why my vote for him is more likely to come out of scum.
Wickedestjr wrote:Bad idea. Having to launder every night that you are bloody means prevents you from performing more beneficial night actions. It's not the worst insanity to take, but there are much better ones. Did you see my list of insanities that would be good to take?
Reading the rules again, I can't really find any good counterargument for this except that we wouldn't be able to use the Resuscitation Kit. Based off what I've seen from your list, I obviously agree with twitchy. I also think that solist and marked are good insanities to take. I don't think Taboo is a great insanity to take, thought. He/she is choosing to give up an action to take which is likely to be beneficial to town if we have equipment for them (I can only find this good for grave robbing). Should be pushed on for later when the better insanities have already been take {Twitchy, solist, marked are my personal choices}.
Wickedestjr wrote:Do you think it means he is town?
In terms of that event, I am taking it with a grain of salt. I believe that the event mostly confirms Furcolow (After some explanation from The Lost Butterfly/AurorusVox/Trilobite, I found my vote on him to serve no purpose due to being mostly confirmed town), but it is not signficant evidence pointing toward El Goosuki town. It's a good thing that it mostly confirmed Furcolow, but it is possible that even if Furcolow is town, El Goosuki-scum could be fake claim on hearing noise to gain town creds and if lynched/NK'd and flipped cult, can use it to turn against Furcolow-town (Although as another person has mentioned, it's possible that they're both cult if El Goosuki is cult as well, so a El Goosuki's cult flip is a double-edge sword on Furcolow's alignment).
AurorusVox wrote:Essentially, we're arguing the same thing but on different players. I see Furc's claim as practically watertight, but I see a lot of wiggle room for Benmage to fakeclaim. You see Benmage's claim as practically watertight and wiggle room on Furc to fakeclaim.
Furcolow's claim does have a little of wiggling room in it. See response to Wickedestjr's second quote on me for explanation.
hitogoroshi wrote:Furcolow, think you'd be up for the job? We'd of course plan out additional graverobs for the other graves, but I only want one necrophiliac. The catch is that you obviously wouldn't want solist, but we could probably give you special permission to grab voting-based insanities since you have nothing to prove.
Not really agreeing with Furcolow being a grave robber. From what we've seen, he seems like a decent grave robber, but I object to Furcolow grave robbing because if he is Investigator and forgets to rob a grave of a likely dead scum, it's more likely out of his VIness then scum intentions. While with Benmage, he is a lot better at Mafia and if he fails to grave rob, it's easier to assume that he's a Muderer/Cult who wants to keep information hidden. If he is Investigators, he is more reliable then Furcolow despite his scummy behavior today.
Benmage wrote:Are you fucking kidding me......points conceded.....you must be fucking joking....what did I claim stalk on PG 2,3?? You two .....hilarious.
You already claimed to have stalked Fate Night Zero, you saying that they are wrong is false. It isn't a main discussion topic for no reasons either.
Furcolow wrote:Since BM has stalked Fate, we can hold his ass accountable if Fate does not die. If fate gets ressed, we lynch fate, and if he's town we have BM as a caught scum. Hell, we might lynch BM instead of Fate if Fate doesnt die. If Fate doesn't die, and someone openly ressed, then we either lynch fate/the resser. This is our D2 plan imo.
What's wrong with this plan you proposed:

1. Why should we hold Benmage responsible for not killing Fate successfully if Benmage targets him anyway and I and/or ReaperCharlie rezz Fate? The purpose of Benmage attempting a kill on Fate with me and/or ReaperCharlie rezzing Fate is to confirm Benmage as an investigator, not to lynch him if the proposed plan I agree with the most goes accordingly.

2. When does Fate being rezzed mean he has to be lynched Day 2? It doesn't confirm Fate to be scum or town, we will still have to watch him due to his behavior in-game.

3. If we do lynch Fate Day 2 and he flips investigator, I don't see how that makes Benmage caught cult. All it proves is that we mislynched the wrong person

4. Your plan contradicts itself. You say that we should hold Benmage accountable if Fate doesn't die, yet we should lynch Fate Day 2 if Fate is rezzed. Too much cognitive dissonance for me to agree with your plan here.
ReaperCharlie wrote:Or; we could lynch Benmage, hope to find a cult member, and let Fate live happily ever after like the townie he is?
Giving Benmage a night to basically confirm himself as not-cult is a much, much better idea. Lynching him today in hopes that he will flip cult will be a waste of time if Benmage is actually an investigator. I'm not following your logic here.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Getting a feeling that Triglav is trying to coast through this game. His latest posts sounds like a bit of mimicking off other people instead of actually providing his own thoughts in the game. When examining what they post, it feels more artifical then those of the other hydra, as if they are trying too hard to agree on everything instead of taking risks and posting their individual thoughts on the game. This is probably gut, but it's not giving me good feelings.

Also,
Vote: Bowser
. Both sides of the hydra, despite decline in activity, have still been posting in-game. Untrod made three posts in an ongoing game, which indicates that he should at least have some times during the weekend. CSL has been posting in the forum as well, so it's not like he's incapable of providing thoughts in the game and scum hunting either. Therefore, I believe neither have any excuses to have completely avoid this game thread since Thursday morning. To me, I can see them as cult lurking to melt suspicion on them and make sure they avoid being lynched. They need pressure and if they fail to help town and continue to act scummy, should be today's lynch.

ReaperCharlie wrote:@ SSBF:

Did you play SAII? Cause I didn't. There must be something I'm missing here, but I'm preeeetty sure I want Fate to live for now, sooo please point out to me where my logic is screwy because I'm not gonna go through and read the whole ruleset again in addition to your post.

So, with that being said:

Your plan gives the Cult a chance to kill Fate, right? But only if they've crafted a fetish for him already? Or can the Cult participate in a Ritual on anyone they want, regardless of fetishes crafted? If they can, then wasting Fate AND a Res kit just to confirm Benmage (who would then be 1 murder away from Psychopathy anyway) seems like a PRETTY bad plan to me.

On the other hand:

My plan gets rid of the stupid half of a very LOUD combination of people, saves Fate's life, and we've still got our Res kit. However, the Cult may still try to kill Fate (I'd rather Fate than a number of other people, though. sorry Fate ); that we don't really have any 'confirmed townies' (something I'd be willing to forgo to get Benmage out of the way, and free Fate up to scumhunt without worrying about some idiot killing him that night based on a childish vendetta).
1. To answer your question, no I did not play in Star Aligned III.

2. Your logic is screwy because with lynching Benmage today runs a huge risk of hitting investigator. If we're going to be lynching him, it's best to do it later when we have a couple of scummier people out of the way and when it is possible for him to go muderer. Based off what we've seen, going murderer will take at least three more nights for him. That means from Day 4 onward, Benmage has the possibility of being a murderer. If his behavior remains scummy, we can vote him off then.

3. Going with Benmage killing Fate tonight and me rezzing Fate can mostly confirm Benmage as non-cult and if he remains an investigator, can be crucial to town, especially end game when we likely have one less person to worry if the player is scum. Your plan seems way too concerned about saving Fate and ruins the chance of us having a potentially valueable townie at end game. Fate is in danger of Night Kill by cult regardless.

4. If your plan is to get rid of Benmage to save Fate, why aren't you following it up with a vote? I don't see the purpose of this plan if you aren't going to follow up with your plan.
El Goosuki wrote:I'm so lost. I'll just do as I'm asked.

-DGB
Not an excuse for the lack of contributations made to help town.
manho wrote:i'm reading really really slow.
just got past page 5.
is there anything urgent that need to be read?
You need to read more then five pages a day. By the time you get finished reading, it'll be about six days before you finish re-reading. Given that this is a fast moving game, reading five pages a day is not enough for you. But just in case you only read five pages a day, the least you could do is contribute what points you already think is important.

And there's a lot of important stuff things to discuss. Your goal is to read them. I'm not going to re-read the entire thread just list all the things you need to read.
Wickedestjr wrote:SSBF and Feysal, are you guys saying that we need to have multiple people protecting Fate so that he can tell us if Benmage tried to murder him? If that is the case, then keep in mind that the person rezzing Fate also becomes bloody, so the person rezzing Fate would also know that Fate was attacked. Am I still missing/forgetting something?
No I'm not saying we need to have multiple people protecting Fate at all. All we really need is one person protecting Fate and I've already volunteered to do that. I'm just saying that two people protecting Fate could be a good idea to ensure that Fate lives and Benmage gets confirmed as non-cult if he does go through his promise of killing Fate tonight.
Wickedestjr wrote:Benmage can grave rob whoever we lynch in addition to his attempted murder. Grave rob is a night action you can use in addition to one other.
In that case, I agree with the plan.
Wickedestjr wrote:I don't think taboo is all that bad. Preventing you from using a type of equipment that you have searched for only wastes one of your night actions (equiping that piece of equipment), so, I think it isn't so bad compared to the others. Secondly, I think taboo can be used to prevent you from laundering which doesn't waste any night actions because it's a night action you don't need equipment for. Mod: Can a player choose Cower, Launder, Ward, or Rob Grave for the taboo insanity?
One benefit of laundering yourself is that you can use the resusitication kit again. With being bloody, you are unable to help people with risk of being NK'd. Furthermore, not being able to launder brings us one step closer to Chaos if there's at least three more investigators alive and I can't think of a scenario where going into Chaos would benefit the town. The first argument is fair enough, although I still do disagree with the second argument.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:16 am

xvart wrote:I also want to note that I don't like SSBF's vote on Bowser with the context of his previous observation on Trigalov. I am of the opinion that Trigalov is also guilty of minimal posting and providing content in the flurry and smoke screen of posting and fighting. SSBF notes that Trigalov is coasting and CSL has dropped in activity to melt suspicion (essentially the same outcome for both player slots) but his suspicions of Trigalov has more meat behind it in this post. I do recognize that SSBF has posted suspicion of Bowser earlier, but there is something in his recent post that just doesn't sit right with me and the way it was presented.
While neither are really scum hunting much and that I suspect both of them (Bowser majorly and Triglav slightly), Triglav is at least giving the illusion that he's scum hunting. Bowser isn't even doing that, which I find even more scum motivated as they are posting in other games, but avoiding this one. My suspicion on Bowser has more meat then you think it has.

Reasons why I suspect Triglav:
- Coasting through the game.
- Posting feels artifical.
- Complaining about the game speed (See below)

Now compare that to reasons why I suspect Bowser:
- Votes on Furcolow and Fate seems opportunistic and looks like trying to blend in to avoid suspicion.
- Lack of explanations for voting those two players.
- Votes on Furcolow and Fate weren't due to actual scumminess, but former due to bad history and latter due to anti-town behavior (Anti-town =/= scummy).
- Being a hypocrite when calling out Fate for terrible behavior in-game while not realizing that Benmage was guilty of the same uncivilization.
- Puts Furcolow high on his scum list, yet does not vote him after unvoting Fate, which looks like scum waiting until a bandwagon on him/someone else is solidfied so he can jump in and not worry about being suspicious for it.
- Parrots off other people, gives next to no analysis on the game.
- Recent lurking, despite lowered activity, can be explained due to them trying to avoid pressure on them. My vote on the hydra is due to all the reasons I've mentioned and that I want to make sure they are not forgotten as potential lynch candidates.

Based off what I've named out, I consider Bowser to be a much better lynch candidate then Triglav and the best chance for town to find scums today.
Triglav wrote:Everyone needs to stop posting till we catch up.
How about finding a way to catch up faster? We don't need to wait on one person to catch up just to play the game.
ReaperCharlie wrote:I do have a question for you, though: What would you think if you rezzed Fate tonight, but Benmage was dead by morning?

I mean, the whole plan would be kinda busted, and Fate wouldn't even be confirmed town.

Perfect cult way to ruin all our plans, right?
I would feel terrible that my rez kit would have gone to waste and that we've gained absolutely no information on anyone on this. It would also do two things:

1. Look at Fate more closely to see if I believe Benmage that he should die (Due to suspicion, not as a policy lynch).
2. Realize that there are other potential murderers in the game other then Benmage.

All town can hope for is that nothing goes wrong with the plan.
VasudeVa wrote:Nah, that Furc vote was all I needed. I've skimmed it, but I didn't understand. I think that anyone who dared attempt to vote for Furcolow SHOULD be put under some scrutiny because they're either: Scum or Stupid. When people started nitpicking Furc's "EL GOOSUKI BUT I TARGETED DRIPPERETH", I imagined scum partying in their Cult QT doing virgin sacrifices and having orgies thanking Cthulhu for an easy mislynch. (Note: I have no real knowledge of Lovecraftian stuff, just some shitty stock knowledge.)
Disagree that voting Furcolow = scum or stupid. Not everyone thought Furcolow was town before AurorusVox step in and realized that Furcolow's warding is most likely to come out of town. If there are scums on the now mostly dissipated Furcolow wagon, I would look at how they joined the wagon, not just if they joined the wagon.
Lost Butterfly wrote:Honestly, would people be interested in giant cases from me tomorrow night (I'd saved what I'd written on kunkstar and xvart last night, and there's stuff I'd like to call attention to from other players), or is everyone just overwhelmed by all the wall posting?
I'd actually be interested in knowing why xvart/kunkstar7 should be today's lynch. Right now I don't think they're scum and I'd like to know why otherwise.
rewq455 wrote:It would prove that BenMage is town if he murders Fate. Any confirmed non-cult helps town, and by doing so hurts the cult. Do you not want to do something to help town?
No, it would only confirm that Benmage is non-cult. That doesn't mean he can't go murderer later on.
El Goosuki wrote:I'd like to line up lynches from whoever has the highest word count in this game, to whoever has the least.
Why do you think this is actually a good reason for voting someone?
Triglav wrote:This presumption is based on a concept that all the heads read and post indepednantly in order to generate more posts then a regular account.
We tend to get together in a QT to share thoughts in order to avoid too many "lol different head different opinion lol" posts.
I agree that hydra's should not have contradictory reads between each other, but it's not like you need to wait for everyone to agree on everything before getting all your thoughts out on the game. This also explains why I feel your posts are artifical.
Furcolow wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? AS SOON AS I UNVOTE MY BANDWAGON PEOPLE STEAL IT?
Are you seriously that concern about people stealing your bandwagon? Why are you concern about people "stealing" your bandwagon?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:30 am

@Mod: I am so sorry to do this, but please replace me out of this game. As much as I would like to stay in this game, I cannot do so any longer. I've gotten way too addicted to this site and it's tearing down my grades in school, something that I feared would happen to me eventually. Plus being in two games at one time was a huge mistake for me as it required me to spend even more time on the computer. I'm that type of person who spends more time reading then posting and because of that, I spend way too much time on this game and I'm paying for it.

I will search out a replacement for myself to ensure that I get replaced properly.

Noted. I'll ask nopointinactingup first; he's the next available on my replacement list. Otherwise I'll PM you for assistance. ~Mod

Some final thoughts before I leave this game:
- One of {ReaperCharlie, Bowser, El Goosuki, Triglav} should be lynched today. They are the most likely scums.
- I do not understand The Lost Butterfly/Seacore wagon. Mina's side of the hydra resemble more like her town play in A Clash of Kings and his play lives up to it. I find the case on Seacore to be pretty weak and as a result, not lynch-worthy for today.
- Benmage should definently be watched over very closely, especially starting Day 4. I agree with AurorusVox's plan on how Benmage's fate should be decided due to Night 1 outcome.

If you people absolutely want me to, if I have not been replaced when I get home from school, I'll response to everything directed at me.
Last edited by Percy on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5604 (isolation #9) » Tue May 03, 2011 12:19 pm

Didn't read a lot of the game since I left, but gotta say, this must have been one insane game.

Also, my scumdar was apparently not in focus. Only one read of mine flipped cult. At least I looked town. :D

Regardless, thanks for Percy and Vi for running this game and thanks to the players as well.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”