hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1518 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Cue mood music.

Greetings. I have spoken to you through Andrius, I have spoken to you through inhim – now I speak to you directly.

I would like to first and foremost apologize for a bit of arrogance on my part. One of our long-term strategies was to leave clues suggesting we had used the Holy Order "Omniscience", which tells us what orders the scum have available. We have not used this order. I mistakenly thought that we could sufficiently speculate and have enough of an idea of the setup that we wouldn't need the Omniscience.

Consequently, the vig shot took us completely by surprise, because we assumed the restriction of must-grant-vig-to-town was still in play. We had no idea how to react to the flow of events. Furcolow knowing (some bastard derivative of) the Memetic Vig rolename suggests that he had been contacted by scum. So, by the one-order-per limit, his death couldn't have been a bolt. Yet, no vig was claiming the shot, and I assumed it was some wrongheaded, confused townie who had been granted vig by the scum, shot a townie with it, and was remaining silent for some reason.

Thank goodness for our friendly sk, helping me see the light!

And now, I'm willing to make one more wager about the setup. Two daykills advance the game forward a 'day', which means the scum could turn LYLO into an instant win. I'm thinking – hoping is more appropriate, actually – that the scum do not have this ability. I'm hoping the scum have no bolt.

(For those of you worrying that I'm gambling away our chances, take heart – this is the only table in the house that isn't rigged against us.)

Here is some key information you guys need to know:

Firstly, the 'endgame threshold' is 5 – below five players, many orders shut down. Which means that the big-sparkly-gamechanging orders were forbidden to us, but are now available. This is, more than anything else, the reason we had to descend. The only chance of town victory we had up there was sussing out who the sk and scum were and a coinflip with Appoint Doublevoter.

Secondly, the death penalty for the Righteous Seraph is more leinient than MoHo. If we die, you do not "auto-lose"; you simply lose the next time a Righteous is lynched. Since that's true anyway for the rest of the game, this is not going to get the town killed early.

Thirdly, being on the ground like this significantly boosts our faith generation. Won't say any numbers because scum taking the field might having them accumlating less than we do, and if there's one thing I love it's making the forces of evil have trouble with math.

So, here are the big things to know:

As long as I am alive, no one votes until I say go.
Self explanatory.

If I die and a town victory becomes impossible, the town will do everything in their power to ensure the Serial Killer wins.
You hear that, scumbags? Bolting me gives the SK the win, not you. And hey - SK's killed more scumbags than the town has. Shit, we're practically
buddies
over here.

Keep the goddamn battery up.
I've said this repeatedly through inhim and watched as it didn't happen – activity vanished when there was no voting. Hopefully with me here it'll be easier. My faith generation is awesome while I'm on the ground, and every day of buffed accumulation is a good one.

This is getting a little long, so I'll save my personal reads for another post. Only I will be posting in thread, but I can share "Word of Zach/Sotty" if asked or if they have something to say; I'm still in our god QT as normal.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1520 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Sorry. There's no non-dramatic way to descend from the heavens.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1527 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Judgement from On High

inHimshallIbe

Oh inhim. You adorable scummy bastard.

The most damning thing marking him as scum as his little quickhammer stunt. Apparently he didn't think either he or Jack was going to get SK'd (which is in itself valuable information!) and they decided to win the game with a hasty little quickhammer.

He must've thought it was in the bag for sure, because he stopped reposting the word of hito from the QT.

Spoiler: The Missing Words, if you were curious
The Word of HitoSome last points.

Firstly, while I didn't want to give my personal reads, we feel this one is important. We all agree that singersinger looks like a townie.

As such, there's a strong chance that simply lynching in the list of [Jack, mothrax, Nacho] will lead to victory.

Our blind spots are:

inhim could be scum. (We confirmed Andrius as town, and confirmed inhim as the person Andrius neighborized. inhim is not confirmed town) If so, he was scum passing our messages to town-Andrius without issue. You judge how likely that is.

Rayfrost could be scum. If so, that means one of Jack/mothrax/Nacho is Righteous.

singersinger could be scum. We did think that at first...but the townie frustration wafting from her smells very genuine. VV picked up on it.

VV is
not
a blind spot. We are Gods; tailors have no effect on our Piercing Eye.

If there are no oncoming vehicles in our blind spots, it makes the game a very tidy affair.
VV wrote:
@Seraphs:
Why investigate me? Why not SS/moth/jack/Nacho? (FWIW, I worked soo hard to get SS investigated by extreme defense. It would have been 150% better if they had copped SS instead of me. I have no reason to defend SS like that as scum. We'd have 1 confTown(SS) and 1probTown(Me) that way instead of just 1 ConfTown. I was hoping you'd get the hint. >.>)
See this from our point of view. Scum would certainly want to "adopt a townie" to help them move to the endgame; and who better than misrepresented, frustrated ss? As our town read on ss began to eclipse the scum read, it looked as though you were trying to draft her into your scum team for a final voting bloc. We thought you were the most likely scumbag; fortuitously, we don't dick around when it comes to potential LYLO.

The Word of Hito
Nacho wrote: In MoHo, Quick Change was a scum ability that gave scum faith for recharging the battery.
I'm sure Hito will reaffirm this, though.
Indeed. However, if you lynch quickly and decisively, it actually benefits us a little more than them.

Still, this means the scum have very high faith. Something is going to happen - be prepared.

Lazy scum was happy to have it in the bag, only then it suddenly wasn't in the bag, and now he's posting the Word of Hito. Cause
aww
suddenly inhim cares what we think about him again. And his calling out of Nacho makes complete sense in the context (spoiler alert, we think Nacho is the serial killer.)

Yeah, unless someone has a differing idea, I think inhim is the most likely scumbag by far. BUT, remember, we're not lynching until I either give the word or die. And if I die, you all become friends of the sk. Remember all that. :)

Nachomamma8

Ah yes, I spoiled this one already. Yo Nacho. You're the serial killer, right? It's important in case a bolt strikes me down that town helps you out. I supppppose I can write out all my reasons if you insist, but come on, just say it so that if I die the town keeps you alive for that victory you earned shooting scum.

singersinger

Started scummy, but wow singer have you made a comeback. VV saw it, and all three of the god-heads see it.

Rayfrost

obvown, always has been, always will be.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1530 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

So, hito. Why, exactly, aren't we lynching ASAP? We want to maximize your faith and such, don't we? =/ I don't get your seemingly consistent call for us to wait when that drains the battery like a mofo, which hurts town.
We either win today or not at all.

Also, the thing that's important on the ground is that my day-to-day accumulation is higher, so I want as many days as possible. I want the battery to decay as SLOWLY as possible, but I also want the game to last as many days as possible. Capeesh?

P.edit: Yeah, you get it.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1536 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vi wrote:Like a Jigsaw Puzzle With a Couple of Pieces Gone:
[...]

That Shape is My Shade, There Where I Used to Stand:
[...]
Hito, your answer to whether the scum have a bolt or not should lie there.
If you have grant vig + a bolt of your own, we should be good.
If you're lacking one or the other, then they probably do.
Don't forget modkills. :D

Though I'm worried that vig and bolt are two general categories, and a vig/bolt from either faction gets slotted in the same place.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1542 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:03 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

inHimshallibe wrote:I'm not scum.

:cry:
Who is?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1544 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:48 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

singersinger wrote: Hito, so are we going for lynching mafia today, then?
Correct.
Is there anything else you can tell us without giving anything the needs to remain secret away?
If I'm not straight up killed 8PM tonight, the buffed accumulation will give us (Sotty and Zach are with us in spirit) a huge advantage over the other seraphs. There's some uncertainty as to what power I'll use, but I have options.
You agree that it's in the SK's best interest to claim so that they win if town can't, right? Is it preferable that they claim now? Or if/when you die, should that happen?
SK should claim now.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1546 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In case I'm about to eat a bolt, remember, give sk the win. <3
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1742 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

BROS FOR LIFE NACHO <3
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1762 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

it's easy to tell the good seraph is sending the halo, but harder to divine the intentions of the halos. Bickering about halos isn't hunting scum, and if there's anything that is both a.) important and b.) unambiguous when communicated via halo, it's *exactly* the sort of thing the scum would spend faith to fake.

Though that being said, arguing over what halos mean might have helped the town keep the battery up >_<

ss: You gave us a win, the hell are you sorry for
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1773 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi wrote:and made the right choice when someone was (however inexplicably) offering you a win.
What do you mean however inexplicably

the guylove between myself and Nacho is
extremely explicable
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1778 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I think it's pretty obvious Vi didn't want town getting the win (lord knows we didn't deserve it), but you can't exactly change a wincon mid-game to suit your desires.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1786 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Fate wrote:ITS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH WINCONS.
who wins and who loses has literally everything to do with wincons
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1830 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:31 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Zachrulez wrote: One of the other things that bothered me was the inhim n1 kill failing because of him being a demon. I don't see a point for split scumteams if crosskilling is impossible, but that's just me.
I'm not Vi, but as it looks from where I'm sitting: I imagine the point of the split scumteams, balance-wise, is to give the scum clear options for things they can spend faith on to make their faction better.

I think that's exactly the point; scum feel like they have faith difficulties because they have
so much shit they can do.
Town seraphs, by contrast, seem to have "too much faith" at times because if there are no strong townreads to grant orders to we're just kinda throwing shit at the walls and seeing what sticks.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1832 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:55 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Zachrulez wrote:Neighborizer + Commune was dependent on us hitting town with Commune, we didn't and it magnified the scum's advantage.
Actually, it was dependant on
Andrius
hitting town with Commune - we had no way to direct it (since we couldn't talk to Andrius after giving him Neighborizer.)
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1835 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:16 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi wrote: hito - I do still question why you didn't check to see if inHim was Town...
Then we couldn't have communed him. That one-order-per-target is kind of a bitch. :/

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”